Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 01:45:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem  (Read 14467 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 10:30:17 PM »

If this tape exists, why is it not on youtube? Reverend Wright's sermons were posted there months before the media firestorm.

They were on Trinity Church's own website (or Rev. Wright's website, I forgot which) before the controversy broke.  Not just youtube.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2008, 10:55:41 PM »

The tape either exists or it doesn't.  And it doesn't until someone actually produces.  I'm not a big believer in unsubstantiated rumor.

Though really, if some Republican or Clintonista had any brains, they would be brainstorming some e-mail to pass around the Internet saying that Obama left Wright's church to go back to his original faith - Islam.  We'll see if a Lee Atwater-type exists for this one.

Could they do that when they had been saying that he was currently a Muslim?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 11:00:19 PM »

The tape either exists or it doesn't.  And it doesn't until someone actually produces.  I'm not a big believer in unsubstantiated rumor.

Though really, if some Republican or Clintonista had any brains, they would be brainstorming some e-mail to pass around the Internet saying that Obama left Wright's church to go back to his original faith - Islam.  We'll see if a Lee Atwater-type exists for this one.

They can feed all the crap they want to some people, and they'll buy it hook, line, and sinker.  We had to take time out in one of my polisci classes for the professor to insist to some of my classmates that Obama is not a Muslim.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2008, 11:06:57 PM »

The tape either exists or it doesn't.  And it doesn't until someone actually produces.  I'm not a big believer in unsubstantiated rumor.

Though really, if some Republican or Clintonista had any brains, they would be brainstorming some e-mail to pass around the Internet saying that Obama left Wright's church to go back to his original faith - Islam.  We'll see if a Lee Atwater-type exists for this one.

Say the church was his Christian front for his true Muslim beliefs and that the problems with the church meant he had to drop it.  He'll actually show his true colors after the eleciton.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »

The tape either exists or it doesn't.  And it doesn't until someone actually produces.  I'm not a big believer in unsubstantiated rumor.

Though really, if some Republican or Clintonista had any brains, they would be brainstorming some e-mail to pass around the Internet saying that Obama left Wright's church to go back to his original faith - Islam.  We'll see if a Lee Atwater-type exists for this one.

Say the church was his Christian front for his true Muslim beliefs and that the problems with the church meant he had to drop it.  He'll actually show his true colors after the eleciton.

Will Michele show up at Obama's inauguration ceremony in a veil?
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »

I dont believe this for a second.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2008, 11:20:19 PM »

my word, the Hillary/McCain campaign is so blatantly racist!
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2008, 11:22:04 PM »

Actually, the more I think about it, the less believable it becomes. I mean, I doubt they would have the self-control to keep this secret.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2008, 11:31:07 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me at all. We already know Obama hates white people and feels inferior because of her race. She wrote about it in her master's thesis. If this tape indeed exists, it would be another serious blow to the Obama campaign. The Democrats are working very hard this year to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I've actually read her masters thesis, and I don't think you have.
^^^^

This sums up why I find you to be a joke, Mr. Duke. All you do is throw out far right talking points without even doing your homework beforehand.

And you do the same, when you actually write anything of worth, which is rare, with left wing arguments. We are both partisans, so we are both jokes in each other's eyes. Why make little cheap shots at me in these threads. I don't recall doing such things to you, but I guess guys like you need no reason except to feel powerful behind your computer. I don't come to this forum to make personal attacks, and I wish you'd show the same respect to others. But it takes class, and that's something you've shown you lack.

Well, I do make left wing arguments at times but I also generally read something before citing what's in it.  You may find that helpful if you are trying to get people to take you seriously here.

I listed quotes from her thesis. I don't understand why it's considered "wrong" to cite what she said about herself and her race relations and saying that she has problems with white people. I understand it is complex, but it's still true. I honestly do not have time or the interest to read all 70 pages or so of Michelle's paper. Call me what you want, but I honestly don't care to read her racial rants. If someone wants to tell me what she really said in it that did take the time to read it, I will listen.

And, there are plenty of people that take me seriously. Sometimes I make outrageous statements, but it keeps things interesting. I don't necessarily feel its dire to make you and others like you take me seriously, because that would require me to become a self-hating Republican or a Republican that never argues or makes indirected statements that don't upset anyone. I have every right to be partisan just as the Obamaniacs on this forum have the same right to faint, sigh, and get all hot and bothered when they hear him speak. Without some of us "hacks" on the right, this forum would just be an Obama lovefest and nothing more. Without the likes of people like me, this would be a boring political forum. I'm not ashamed of what I say, what I argue, and what I stand for. I don't feel like I need to bend over and take it because it's what the populous wants. All I ask for is respect, not mud slinging by making personal attacks. I try to give that courtesy to everyone on this forum, and I expect it in return. Now is someone makes a preemptive attack, I will respond.

so you take a quote from a thesis and make all these warped conclusions about what that quote meant without actually reading the actual thesis or knowing what the hell it was about How insightful of you.......

As far as respect goes, if you want to be treated with respect and have your posts taken seriously how about researching what you actually post first??  Instead of throwing out random quotes without having any idea what they mean, the context or what they are actually about...
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2008, 12:01:26 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2008, 12:08:38 AM by TheresNoMoney »

Wouldn't surprise me at all. We already know Obama hates white people and feels inferior because of her race.

What a dumbass statement. You are truly a piece of human sh**t. 
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2008, 12:11:30 AM »

Interesting.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2008, 01:01:09 AM »

I had an African-American female professor who used to call me "whitey" and "a WASP" a lot... even if the last one were blatantly untrue, I still didn't appreciate it too much.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2008, 01:04:28 AM »

I had an African-American female professor who used to call me "whitey" and "a WASP" a lot... even if the last one were blatantly untrue, I still didn't appreciate it too much.

Was she serious or doing it in a joking around type manner? If she was joking around, I would just find that pretty funny. Hell, even if she wasn't joking, I would find that pretty funny.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2008, 01:06:01 AM »

Was she serious or doing it in a joking around type manner? If she was joking around, I would just find that pretty funny. Hell, even if she wasn't joking, I would find that pretty funny.

Nope.  She used it as a point to discredit my arguments in class.  She also occasionally said "oh course, you're a man" when the topic was gender oriented.

It was a sociology class.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2008, 01:06:44 AM »

Nope.  She used it as a point to discredit my arguments in class.  She also occasionally said "oh course, you're a man" when the topic was gender oriented.

did you try calling her "blacky"
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2008, 01:09:44 AM »

did you try calling her "blacky"

No, because that would have made me a terrible racist... which is what I was according to her anyway, but that would have made me one to everyone in the class... and the administration... and would likely have gotten me kicked out of school... of course, I'll let the irony hang there.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2008, 04:03:41 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me at all. We already know Obama hates white people and feels inferior because of her race. She wrote about it in her master's thesis. If this tape indeed exists, it would be another serious blow to the Obama campaign. The Democrats are working very hard this year to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I've actually read her masters thesis, and I don't think you have.
^^^^

This sums up why I find you to be a joke, Mr. Duke. All you do is throw out far right talking points without even doing your homework beforehand.

And you do the same, when you actually write anything of worth, which is rare, with left wing arguments. We are both partisans, so we are both jokes in each other's eyes. Why make little cheap shots at me in these threads. I don't recall doing such things to you, but I guess guys like you need no reason except to feel powerful behind your computer. I don't come to this forum to make personal attacks, and I wish you'd show the same respect to others. But it takes class, and that's something you've shown you lack.

Well, I do make left wing arguments at times but I also generally read something before citing what's in it.  You may find that helpful if you are trying to get people to take you seriously here.

I listed quotes from her thesis. I don't understand why it's considered "wrong" to cite what she said about herself and her race relations and saying that she has problems with white people. I understand it is complex, but it's still true. I honestly do not have time or the interest to read all 70 pages or so of Michelle's paper. Call me what you want, but I honestly don't care to read her racial rants. If someone wants to tell me what she really said in it that did take the time to read it, I will listen.

And, there are plenty of people that take me seriously. Sometimes I make outrageous statements, but it keeps things interesting. I don't necessarily feel its dire to make you and others like you take me seriously, because that would require me to become a self-hating Republican or a Republican that never argues or makes indirected statements that don't upset anyone. I have every right to be partisan just as the Obamaniacs on this forum have the same right to faint, sigh, and get all hot and bothered when they hear him speak. Without some of us "hacks" on the right, this forum would just be an Obama lovefest and nothing more. Without the likes of people like me, this would be a boring political forum. I'm not ashamed of what I say, what I argue, and what I stand for. I don't feel like I need to bend over and take it because it's what the populous wants. All I ask for is respect, not mud slinging by making personal attacks. I try to give that courtesy to everyone on this forum, and I expect it in return. Now is someone makes a preemptive attack, I will respond.

Post of the Day.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2008, 06:49:08 AM »

Post of the Day.

Correct.  But do you want to put in the Comedy Goldmine, or should I?
nyquil_man
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -2.61

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »

I'll sh*t myself when - or if - it comes out.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2008, 09:46:46 AM »

This Johnson guy has been hot and cold on his info.  Remember, he's the guy who reported a Karl Rove indictment was going to be the next day.

He never says he's seen the tape, only he's heard about it.  Also, he just promises new developements on the tape tomorrow.

If it's real Obama is done, but I have to actually see it.  Until then, no point in arguing whether it exists or not.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2008, 10:27:30 AM »

Even if this tape doesn't exist, it won't stop those who have a vested interest in Obama's defeat from fanning rumours that it does

There have been more good men run down and killed by rumours Sad than there have on the roads

Dave
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2008, 10:31:33 AM »

Where can I find this, then? I read it on the Politico months ago, but I guess that's considered a right wing blog around here.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8642.html

It includes a link to the full thesis.

However, I still don't understand your argument. From all I have read, and not from right wing blogs, it discusses racial divide in America. She clearly demonstrates that she has issues with white people. I don't understand how you could deny that, no matter how complex her issues are.

Dude, by that definition I have issues with white people.  Some of us are racists.  A lot of us are fair-weather racists.  Same with blacks.  Both black and white culture have institutionalized racism that deserves to be examined.  I can't entirely say that white culture doesn't have a higher onus placed on it because it's powerful and majoritarian.  That doesn't matter, though.

My point was that, when you are reading the thesis (which I hope you will do, because I think it's important to get primary-source material when evaluating a person) I hope you'll consider that someone earnestly seeing the world through a different prism than you is not the end of the world.  I thought it was a bad thesis.  I didn't find it hateful.  Maybe a little scared and confused, but not hateful.

Where you find "hates white people" in her thesis, is beyond me.  Where you say she feels "inferior" because of her race, is beyond me.  "Racism" is a strong word to apply--you clearly have issues with Democrats.  Does that means you have bigoted hatred of all Democrats, solely on their basis of partisan affiliation?

Now, let's consider a fairly clear incidence of racism:  John McCain's "gook" comment.  How do you feel about that?  Personally, I think it's indefensible but deeply understandable.  I'm just arguing for looking at the gray in our adversaries.  Maybe that makes me an effete liberal academic.  At least I have a thesis idea.

A thesis idea that will doom your political career...

The rumour I don't buy. It's almost tempting to read her thesis, but still...no. If it were Barack's then maybe, but it doesn't sound like too much fun and I don't care much for spouses anyway when I decide who to support...

I'll also note that Duke is no worse and in fact better than the average Obama hack when it comes to being a reasonable discussion partner on here. If people didn't jump on him for being a Republican he perhaps would not be as provoked into the silliness he often engages in. The forum's problem is not really the presence of Republican hacks anyway...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »

I'll also note that Duke is no worse and in fact better than the average Obama hack when it comes to being a reasonable discussion partner on here. If people didn't jump on him for being a Republican he perhaps would not be as provoked into the silliness he often engages in. The forum's problem is not really the presence of Republican hacks anyway...

He constantly spews racism.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2008, 10:38:00 AM »

The rumor of the tape doesn't mean much.  If it's just a rumor, not really a problem.  If it
s more than a rumor, well, game over.  The only reason I even am following this now is Obama's sudden withdrawal from his church last night.  Hmmm.  Could be connected as an effort to get as far away as possible in advance of something damning.  Or maybe not.  Who knows?  Stephanopols said this morning that the Hillary campaign is waiting for something more to come out on the church.  He didn't say what.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2008, 11:57:29 AM »

The rumor of the tape doesn't mean much.  If it's just a rumor, not really a problem.  If it
s more than a rumor, well, game over.  The only reason I even am following this now is Obama's sudden withdrawal from his church last night.  Hmmm.  Could be connected as an effort to get as far away as possible in advance of something damning.  Or maybe not.  Who knows?  Stephanopols said this morning that the Hillary campaign is waiting for something more to come out on the church.  He didn't say what.

I believe he resigned from the Church as a result of the Catholic Priest incident. He didn't like the fact that he had to apologies or refute everything that came out from Trinity. Also, the Church has received hundreds of Bomb threats and death threats, so perhaps he resigned for the Church's best interest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies