Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:43:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem  (Read 14311 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2008, 10:02:02 PM »

It's sad that the democrats keep nominating candidates with shrewish wives.

It's sad that Republicans keep nominating candidates with Stepford wives.  (Okay, that's not fair to Elizabeth Dole).  And hell, if John Kerry married the ketchup woman, John McCain married the beer woman.

It's nice to see strong women with their own mind in the public spotlight, and I'm sure Tipper Gore and Teresa Heinz-Kerry would've been wonderful first ladies.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2008, 10:17:08 PM »

This board is pretty much an Obama lovefest.  I don't have a problem with that.  It's the nature of the playing field over here.  Lots and lots of really liberal posters that think Obama can do little wrong  I mainly come over here for campaign information and discussion of the status of the campaign.  I throw in my two cents, but mainly I'm here for polling information and links to information on the campaign - a campaign that interests me because this election is going to be very close.  No one has called me a troll yet.  If they do, so what?  Most posters are polite and knowledgeable - a few assholes but you find those on both sides of the partisan divide.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2008, 10:27:35 PM »

This board is pretty much an Obama lovefest.  I don't have a problem with that.  It's the nature of the playing field over here.  Lots and lots of really liberal posters that think Obama can do little wrong  I mainly come over here for campaign information and discussion of the status of the campaign.  I throw in my two cents, but mainly I'm here for polling information and links to information on the campaign - a campaign that interests me because this election is going to be very close.  No one has called me a troll yet.  If they do, so what?  Most posters are polite and knowledgeable - a few assholes but you find those on both sides of the partisan divide.

Only a troll would make these kinds of statements.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2008, 10:30:01 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2008, 10:32:38 PM by RightWingNut »

As long as she's available to fulfill her marital responsibilities at the pleasure of the President, and she doesn't shirk her ceremonial responsibilities as lady hostess, I don't much care what the first lady does.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2008, 10:41:54 PM »

It's sad that Republicans keep nominating candidates with Stepford wives.  (Okay, that's not fair to Elizabeth Dole).  And hell, if John Kerry married the ketchup woman, John McCain married the beer woman.

It's nice to see strong women with their own mind in the public spotlight, and I'm sure Tipper Gore and Teresa Heinz-Kerry would've been wonderful first ladies.

What's wrong with stepford wives? There's nothing wrong with girls who only like to shop and be taken out and then cook, clean the house, and raise the kids while we men work. No one wants an intelligent girl who has drive and career aspirations.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »

What's wrong with stepford wives? There's nothing wrong with girls who only like to shop and be taken out and then cook, clean the house, and raise the kids while we men work. No one wants an intelligent girl who has drive and career aspirations.

lol. God forbid.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2008, 11:31:35 PM »

How is it that you have a social score only about one and a half points to the right of mine?
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: June 02, 2008, 01:19:10 AM »

This is very desperate.  Apparently it is a tape of Michelle asking why Bush cut Medicare, food stamps and did nothing about Katrina.  They are trying to make her "why'd he" sound like "whitey".  Nothing to see here folks. 
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2008, 07:46:54 AM »

No tape, but the update from Larry Johnson is very juicy.

http://noquarterusa.net/blog/2008/06/02/michelle-obama-and-louis-farrakhan-take-on-whitey/#more-2847
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2008, 07:57:14 AM »

Chris, I'm really surprised a poster as level headed as you usually are is falling for this sh**t.

I don't get it?Huh
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #135 on: June 02, 2008, 08:12:49 AM »

No tape... hmmm... But, as I predicted, Larry Johnson posts various slander and libel without evidence! What do I win?

Seriously, Chris, this is like believing Clinton murdered Vince Foster. There are all sorts of people out there who will write about what that was like, too.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: June 02, 2008, 08:20:23 AM »

Until I see the tape, I remain a skeptic.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #137 on: June 02, 2008, 08:31:18 AM »

Perhaps if we talk about the tape enough, that'll make it exist?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2008, 09:13:02 AM »

This is just ridiculous. There's no tape.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2008, 09:19:18 AM »

Oh, she's got a big enough chip on her shoulder to have said this stuff.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit.  Whether she was dumb enough to spew this stuff in front of a camera is another matter.  Rumors don't mean a thing.  Without an actual tape this is a non story.

Remember, Larry Johnson is a Hillary guy.  It would be in his interest to make one last effort to sew doubt out there about Obama's electability.  So he has a motive to make stuff up.  Whether that is worth it to him to destroy what shred of credibility he has left by making something up that doesn't come to pass is also a question.  Maybe the guy is just crazy.

Again, rumors don't mean jack and are a waste of time.  
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2008, 10:01:06 AM »

Chris, I'm really surprised a poster as level headed as you usually are is falling for this sh**t.

And a level-headed Democrat at that?

Dave
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2008, 10:28:36 AM »

And a level-headed Democrat at that?

Dave

They are rare, Dave.  Wink
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2008, 11:10:33 AM »

No one could take Alice Palmer’s seat without Farrakhan’s blessing. No one. I do not fault Barack Obama for seeking out the blessing of Farrakhan, but the story of what was done behind the scenes to get rid of Barack’s predecessor—Alice Palmer—has not been told. A knowledgeable source tells me that Tony Rezko played a direct role in this feat. And Rezko has been tight with Farrakhan.

This alone makes me believe anything else that comes out of this guy is bullsh**t. I don't even know where to begin with this.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2008, 12:48:17 PM »

And here is a Left blogger's attempt at preemptive sanitization of what is rumored to be out there, with folks mishearing "whitey" when Michelle really said "why'd he."  One just can't make this stuff up! 

How you'd write it:

Why did Bush cut folks off medicaid?
    Why did Bush let New Orleans drown?
    Why did Bush do nothing about Jena?
    Why did Bush put us in Iraq for no reason?

How you'd say it:

Why'd he cut folks off medicaid?
    Why'd he let New Orleans drown?
    Why'd he do nothing about Jena?
    Why'd he put us in Iraq for no reason?

How Larry Johnson wants you to hear it:

Whitie cut folks off medicaid?
    Whitie let New Orleans drown?
    Whitie do nothing about Jena?
    Whitie put us in Iraq for no reason?

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2008, 12:51:11 PM »

Wait, it's seriously a "why'd he"/"whitie" thing?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »

Oh, she's got a big enough chip on her shoulder to have said this stuff.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit.  Whether she was dumb enough to spew this stuff in front of a camera is another matter.  Rumors don't mean a thing.  Without an actual tape this is a non story.

Remember, Larry Johnson is a Hillary guy.  It would be in his interest to make one last effort to sew doubt out there about Obama's electability.  So he has a motive to make stuff up.  Whether that is worth it to him to destroy what shred of credibility he has left by making something up that doesn't come to pass is also a question.  Maybe the guy is just crazy.

Again, rumors don't mean jack and are a waste of time.  

I seriously doubt she would use the term whitey. She's too educated to talk like that, even if she isn't thrilled about white people. That's how white racists think black people talk, based on their extensive knowledge of black culture gathered from watching hip-hop videos and UPN sitcoms.
zombones

« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2008, 02:03:23 PM by zombones »

zombones

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2008, 02:03:05 PM by zombones »

zombones

« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »

zombones