Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:48:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Michelle Obama's "Whitey" Problem  (Read 14310 times)
agcatter
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 09:02:01 PM »

If it exists, the Democratic Party wins because Hillary will be the next president.

Interesting that Obama chose tonight (a Saturday night to hold a press conference?) to ditch his church.  Maybe he's trying to get ahead of the story as best he can.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 09:05:51 PM »

The one where she said she felt like a visitor on campus because of her blackness? That doesn't show that she has a problem with white people? No matter how liberal my professors and students are, I still don't feel like a part of it? WHat point are you trying to make, exactly? She states in it that her blackness made her feel like a visitor.

Do yourself a favor and read it instead of just taking whatever cherry-picked portions you learned on a right-wing blog.  I know you're a partisan, but drop the facade every once and a while, and contemplate that the behaviors and thoughts of people we don't like may have more complexity than we'd like to admit.

Even if they're still really damn wrong.

Where can I find this, then? I read it on the Politico months ago, but I guess that's considered a right wing blog around here.

However, I still don't understand your argument. From all I have read, and not from right wing blogs, it discusses racial divide in America. She clearly demonstrates that she has issues with white people. I don't understand how you could deny that, no matter how complex her issues are.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 09:10:20 PM »

Actually, the Obama campaign has done a decent job shoving Michelle in a closet since she shot off her mouth.  If they keep doing so they will be a lot better off.  Can't have the candidate's spouse who has a major chip on her shoulder running around freelancing at campaign events.  Of course if the above mentioned tape exists it's all over for the messiah anyway and it won't matter what she says from here on.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 09:15:40 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me at all. We already know Obama hates white people and feels inferior because of her race. She wrote about it in her master's thesis. If this tape indeed exists, it would be another serious blow to the Obama campaign. The Democrats are working very hard this year to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I've actually read her masters thesis, and I don't think you have.
^^^^

This sums up why I find you to be a joke, Mr. Duke. All you do is throw out far right talking points without even doing your homework beforehand.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me at all. We already know Obama hates white people and feels inferior because of her race. She wrote about it in her master's thesis. If this tape indeed exists, it would be another serious blow to the Obama campaign. The Democrats are working very hard this year to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The one where she said she felt like a visitor on campus because of her blackness? That doesn't show that she has a problem with white people? No matter how liberal my professors and students are, I still don't feel like a part of it? WHat point are you trying to make, exactly? She states in it that her blackness made her feel like a visitor.

Oh... feeling like an outsider= hating white people. I got it now!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 09:20:45 PM »

Oh, yes, NoQuarter has been talking about this one for months. But it's never been revealed, even when it would have allowed Clinton to really make a comeback (NoQuarter is basically Hillaryis44).

This is the first time he's committed to an actual date to releasing this. I realize it's just a rumor, but it's a pretty slow Saturday Night and I figured I'd just let you guys know. Wink

Pfft. Why would he have held this when he was mentioning it before March 5? It's just dirty slander for people to send around in viral e-mails--or on forums.

Also, having just reread his post, he makes no promises at all to post any evidence, just "the news", which means whatever he wants (including various wild-eyed assertions with no basis in reality).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 09:22:50 PM »

If the tape actually existed, it would leak so fast your head would spin.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 09:25:17 PM »

If the tape actually existed, it would leak so fast your head would spin.

True. That's the way the media is today. They have no restraint.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 09:27:15 PM »

Yeah and apparently Sean Hannity has it. I have a hard time believing this because he would have released it by now for fear of others leaking it first.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »

^^^^

This sums up why I find you to be a joke, Mr. Duke. All you do is throw out far right talking points without even doing your homework beforehand.

And you do the same, when you actually write anything of worth, which is rare, with left wing arguments. We are both partisans, so we are both jokes in each other's eyes. Why make little cheap shots at me in these threads. I don't recall doing such things to you, but I guess guys like you need no reason except to feel powerful behind your computer. I don't come to this forum to make personal attacks, and I wish you'd show the same respect to others. But it takes class, and that's something you've shown you lack.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »

Hannity has it?  I doubt that seriously.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008, 09:33:40 PM »

I would consider this tabloid news after a quick search on what sites this rumor is getting posted on.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008, 09:34:40 PM »

^^^^

And you do the same, when you actually write anything of worth, which is rare, with left wing arguments. We are both partisans, so we are both jokes in each other's eyes. Why make little cheap shots at me in these threads. I don't recall doing such things to you, but I guess guys like you need no reason except to feel powerful behind your computer. I don't come to this forum to make personal attacks, and I wish you'd show the same respect to others. But it takes class, and that's something you've shown you lack.

Well, I do make left wing arguments at times but I also generally read something before citing what's in it.  You may find that helpful if you are trying to get people to take you seriously here.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2008, 09:37:16 PM »

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2008, 09:38:43 PM »

I would consider this tabloid news after a quick search on what sites this rumor is getting posted on.

Larry Johnson isn't some random lunatic on the web. He has connections. He's a former CIA intelligence officer.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2008, 09:40:36 PM »

Larry Johnson isn't some random lunatic on the web. He has connections. He's a former CIA intelligence officer.

Yeah, he ain't some random lunatic! He's a well known lunatic! Smiley
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »

Yeah, he ain't some random lunatic! He's a well known lunatic! Smiley

He's a well-known lunatic with connections. Wink
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2008, 09:43:04 PM »

in 2008, Johnson has emerged as a staunch supporter of Hillary Clinton and a strong critic of Barack Obama. He has "briefed Senator Clinton" and has dedicated several blog entries to praising her, even writing that "she is gracious, charming, and can laugh at herself." He claimed on May 8 that "Hillary has more popular votes." On March 30 he wrote that "Hillary has not used invective or insult of any kind against Obama or anyone associated with his campaign. Hillary has fought to eliminate such vile talk from the public arena."

Johnson has devoted several blog entries to examining Obama's past and has concluded that Obama has "Memory Loss", "is lying about significant portions of his life", and is "deliberately deceptive and misleading." Johnson has asserted that "Obama and his campaign are working hard to obfuscate and cover up".

He isn't the most unbiased source, now is he?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2008, 10:10:26 PM by Torie »

He either has [is correct in his unsubstantiated and idle speculation based on not much but his wet dreams perhaps that] the effing tape [exists] or he doesn't [isn't]. Time will tell. But I think the chances are remote that it exits. Damn! Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2008, 09:55:29 PM »

^^^^

Well, I do make left wing arguments at times but I also generally read something before citing what's in it.  You may find that helpful if you are trying to get people to take you seriously here.

I listed quotes from her thesis. I don't understand why it's considered "wrong" to cite what she said about herself and her race relations and saying that she has problems with white people. I understand it is complex, but it's still true. I honestly do not have time or the interest to read all 70 pages or so of Michelle's paper. Call me what you want, but I honestly don't care to read her racial rants. If someone wants to tell me what she really said in it that did take the time to read it, I will listen.

And, there are plenty of people that take me seriously. Sometimes I make outrageous statements, but it keeps things interesting. I don't necessarily feel its dire to make you and others like you take me seriously, because that would require me to become a self-hating Republican or a Republican that never argues or makes indirected statements that don't upset anyone. I have every right to be partisan just as the Obamaniacs on this forum have the same right to faint, sigh, and get all hot and bothered when they hear him speak. Without some of us "hacks" on the right, this forum would just be an Obama lovefest and nothing more. Without the likes of people like me, this would be a boring political forum. I'm not ashamed of what I say, what I argue, and what I stand for. I don't feel like I need to bend over and take it because it's what the populous wants. All I ask for is respect, not mud slinging by making personal attacks. I try to give that courtesy to everyone on this forum, and I expect it in return. Now is someone makes a preemptive attack, I will respond.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2008, 09:57:22 PM »

He either has [is correct in his unsubstantiated and idle speculation based on not much but his wet dreams perhaps that] the effing tape [exists] or he doesn't [isn't]. Time will tell. But I think the chances are remote that it exits. Damn! Sad

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does exist as well. I honestly haven't heard anything about it from Hanity on any TV show, so this thread was news to me. If it does exist, it is bad news for presumptive Democrat nominee Barack Obama.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2008, 10:01:56 PM »

Let the swiftboating begin!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2008, 10:06:36 PM »

This sounds almost TOO perfect of a Republican event.  Like, it's the one thing within the realm of feasibility that Republicans would wish for most in scandalvania.  I must declare, its perfection makes me suspicious of its lack of existence.  Furthermore, spreading rumors about such a tape existing is sure to make some people who never see it to believe that it DOES exist, like Obama's secet Islamic faith.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2008, 10:27:59 PM »

If this tape exists, why is it not on youtube? Reverend Wright's sermons were posted there months before the media firestorm.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2008, 10:29:17 PM »

The tape either exists or it doesn't.  And it doesn't until someone actually produces.  I'm not a big believer in unsubstantiated rumor.

Though really, if some Republican or Clintonista had any brains, they would be brainstorming some e-mail to pass around the Internet saying that Obama left Wright's church to go back to his original faith - Islam.  We'll see if a Lee Atwater-type exists for this one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies