Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:09:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45
Author Topic: Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread  (Read 63139 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2008, 10:40:19 AM »

A nice article about Nutter's support for Hillary - http://www.philly.com/inquirer/home_top_left_story/20080407_Nutter_s_national_debut.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2008, 03:39:31 PM »

Casey endorsement said to be sign that he has finally "grown a pair" - http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/columnists/20080408_John_Baer__Who_s_this_guy_calling_himself_Bob_Casey_Jr__.html
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2008, 03:54:02 PM »

I can sum it up in a nutshell:

Nutter is a DINO who was supported by almost all Republicans.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2008, 04:37:40 PM »

Sure he was supported by most Republicans but that's not really because he's seen as DINO-ish.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2008, 05:26:26 PM »

I just listened to an interview with the Beast......she was in a burb of Pitsburgh...when asked about the poll numbers and her lead shrinking she proudly stated:  "I don't pay attention to the polls"!    Roll Eyes

Truth is obviously not a word in the Clinton dictionary.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2008, 06:07:32 PM »

And also the Philadelphia Democratic Party and its members. What a DINO
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »

Ah, Nutter won the Democratic primary for mayor in Philadelphia.  Rendell won the i]Democratic[/i] primary for governor.  Both were contested (and closed).

I was in West Phila tonight, very few signs for Obama signs, few Clinton signs.  Not a lot of energy compared to the mayor's race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2008, 07:40:23 PM »

Not a lot of energy compared to the mayor's race.

Does that surprise you?  Tongue

I guess I can get my rant out here. It seems as if I have some local Paul activists in my precinct and it's getting annoying. It started a few months ago with the couple putting a sign on their lawn and the bumperstickers on their cars. Fine. Whatever. It's starting to bug me now because signs are starting to appear on public property and I think they're behind it. That has me concerned about the primary. I don't want to have to work my polling place and have to worry about finding McCain signs just to counter the flood of Paul literature, signs, etc.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »

Not a lot of energy compared to the mayor's race.

Does that surprise you?  Tongue

Actually, it does. Huh
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »

The energy on the local level inside Democratic circles (especially in big cities) is almost unmatched. It's that stronger community-oriented feel. You're not going to get that in a Presidential race.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »

I just listened to an interview with the Beast......she was in a burb of Pitsburgh...when asked about the poll numbers and her lead shrinking she proudly stated:  "I don't pay attention to the polls"!    Roll Eyes

J. J.'s First Rule.  Smiley

She did qualify it by saying that they were a "snapshot."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2008, 07:21:08 AM »

I thought your first rule was - rewrite the rules in the middle of the game?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2008, 10:52:05 AM »

I thought your first rule was - rewrite the rules in the middle of the game?

No, the "First Rule of a Coup Master" is "1.  If possible, the coup master should write the rules." 

J. J.'s First Rule of Elections:  "If a candidate that say something like 'I don't look at the polls,' or 'The only polls that matter are the ones on Election Day,' that candidate will lose."

I think that part of her strategy is to move the numbers,  It's not a snapshot but a goal.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2008, 10:08:41 PM »

Council members Bill Green and Jim Kenney (both white for those who aren't from the city) were two of the endorsements for Obama today. I'm actually kind of surprised by Kenney's endorsement.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2008, 10:14:39 PM »

Just saw the Rendell ad for Hillary. It's generic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2008, 10:32:49 PM »

And now the Nutter ad. Again, pretty generic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »

Ron Paul's local activists are out in full force. I just got my mail. I see an envelope with a "Ron Paul 2008" sticker in the center, a "Ron Paul for President" stamp to the left and my name, my Mom's name and my Dad's name and our address written at the top with some lit inside.

This is the stuff that worries me. Republicans have no other reason to turn out in PA (at least in my area) because we have a bunch of uncontested races. This means they may be able to pull in some disgruntled Republicans and do fairly well up here. Anyone have the phone number to John McCain for Pennsylvania? I'm going to need some material...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2008, 02:23:59 AM »

I had a lit drop for the Democratic candidate for state treasurer.  Nothing for the presidential candidates. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »

I had a lit drop for the Democratic candidate for state treasurer.  Nothing for the presidential candidates. 

Who was it for? Cordisco? I think he's going to score a huge victory here (since he's party chair in Bucks and seems to have some good connections with the Philly leadership). McCord is from Montco but doesn't seem visible at all. Cordisco's signs are all over the place in the NE. Jenn Mann, a State Representative from the Lehigh Valley, should do well everywhere else as Cordisco and McCord battle in the SE.

Basically, whoever wins the primary is the next Treasurer since we're running an embarrassment that I refuse to vote for. I have no preference in the Dem primary though I think I'd prefer Cordisco or Mann.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2008, 12:26:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6a84KgJtt8
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2008, 12:33:44 PM »

That's a good ad.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2008, 01:48:39 PM »

Who was it for? Cordisco?

Yes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2008, 04:11:16 PM »

http://grassrootspa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/casey_-_obama_endorsement2.pdf

If they have something similar on cars in my church parking lot, I will take them down. Bob Brady had his people put stuff on the cars last year during the Mayoral primary while he attended mass at my parish last year. I sat down with my pastor about it and he agreed that it was out of line/didn't know he was even coming. This time I won't simply complain.

I also just found out that Primary day in my area won't be as quiet as I thought it would be and it affects me personally. Keep an ear out for it in the local political news, J.J....
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

http://grassrootspa.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/casey_-_obama_endorsement2.pdf

If they have something similar on cars in my church parking lot, I will take them down. Bob Brady had his people put stuff on the cars last year during the Mayoral primary while he attended mass at my parish last year. I sat down with my pastor about it and he agreed that it was out of line/didn't know he was even coming. This time I won't simply complain.

I also just found out that Primary day in my area won't be as quiet as I thought it would be and it affects me personally. Keep an ear out for it in the local political news, J.J....

Good find, Keystone Phil. Does anyone know what "pro-gun legislation" Obama is sponsoring? According to this flier, State Rep. Dan Surra is backing Obama on this issue.

First, how could a state representative  be "backing" federal legislation? Second, when did Barack Obama become Mr. Gun Rights?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2008, 08:21:01 PM »

Good find, Keystone Phil. Does anyone know what "pro-gun legislation" Obama is sponsoring? According to this flier, State Rep. Dan Surra is backing Obama on this issue.

First, how could a state representative  be "backing" federal legislation? Second, when did Barack Obama become Mr. Gun Rights?

I'm not familiar with what you're talking about. I'm guessing Surra (who is from a rural area) has simply voiced his support for a piece of federal legislation just as Obama opposed the federal actions concerning the war in Iraq as a State Senator.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies