The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:27:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 173930 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: June 27, 2010, 02:02:57 AM »

Purple State was quite possibly the least pleasant person in Atlasia (Fluffy included) during his stint in the Senate.
Impossible. Fluffy takes, and eats, the cake.

Who is "Fluffy"?

DownWithTheLeft. It's a nickname that Xahar coined, as I recall.

Credit goes to Al.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1651 on: June 27, 2010, 07:33:55 AM »

He left to run for school board because he didn't want them to be able to track this site back to him. I doubt he ever makes a comeback, but I still see him around on Facebook.

He really can return. No matter how long he stay away from forum, he's a natural embarrasment, so I wouldn't in his place worry about a career that is not going to happen anyway.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1652 on: June 27, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »

He left to run for school board because he didn't want them to be able to track this site back to him. I doubt he ever makes a comeback, but I still see him around on Facebook.
I've seen him a couple times. He's sent me a nasty message a while back for poking him and messaging him "Woohoo!"
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1653 on: June 27, 2010, 02:26:49 PM »

Basically he was (and is) a sociopath. We seem to attract a dangerously high percentage of such people here.

Nah, he was more like a narcissist (which is different than a sociopath).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1654 on: June 27, 2010, 05:34:30 PM »

I've seen him a couple times. He's sent me a nasty message a while back for poking him and messaging him "Woohoo!"

You make an excellent bully, I bet it comes from years of practice.

Basically he was (and is) a sociopath. We seem to attract a dangerously high percentage of such people here.

Nah, he was more like a narcissist (which is different than a sociopath).

Yea, that makes much more sense

DWTL sounds like fun. Any way to get him back here?

Be Careful What You Wish For, It Just Might Happen!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1655 on: September 02, 2010, 08:55:03 PM »

Breaking News: BARNES FIRED BY ACTING NWA PRESIDENT NC YANKEE
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1656 on: September 02, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »

President's Approval Rating Falls below 50%
              After a promising start, it seems the Presidency of Purple State is stalling or atleast losing steam. In the last election he promised that he was best able to reinvigorate Atlasia's political scene, however, as this poll shows, the people of Atlasia are beginning to reflect the recent slowdown in the President's approval ratings. We must note that the successfull completetion of the Consitutional Convention and Budget Committees could provide a bounce to the President's numbers, likewise, growing inactivity in either or both could be devastating. The honeymoon is over.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1657 on: September 02, 2010, 11:42:08 PM »

President's Approval Rating Falls below 50%
              After a promising start, it seems the Presidency of Purple State is stalling or atleast losing steam. In the last election he promised that he was best able to reinvigorate Atlasia's political scene, however, as this poll shows, the people of Atlasia are beginning to reflect the recent slowdown in the President's approval ratings. We must note that the successfull completetion of the Consitutional Convention and Budget Committees could provide a bounce to the President's numbers, likewise, growing inactivity in either or both could be devastating. The honeymoon is over.

Was my approval above 50% to start with, that it could then fall below that?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1658 on: September 05, 2010, 12:33:05 AM »

Breaking: Nyman Times Scandal? You decide!
                After just two days in existence, the proprietor of the Nyman Times was caught in the act of misrepresenting the author of a bill in the Senate, and thus was forced to print a retraction admitting to the publication's low quality and lack of trustworthiness. However, the respected, National Weekly Atlasian has come into possession of several disturbing, internal memos from the Nyman Times HQ, which reveal an elaborate scheme by several top executives at that "establishment of printing" to pad the accomplishments of Senator NC Yankee as he heads towards "potentially" uncertain reelection. We can only wonder as to what the true motives were in this endeavour. As such, the NWA atlasian insists that we seek to enquire to ask as to what the undistinguised IDS Senator knew and when did he know it. Futhermore we demand that the Nyman Times respond to these troubling accusations as I am sure we are all very much interested in getting to the bottom of this.

This just goes to prove that their is no subsitute for real reliability in the press, which our new competitors seem to be lacking.

Evil Well lets see how much this generates. Nothing like a Press War.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1659 on: September 05, 2010, 12:35:11 AM »

After just two days in existence, the proprietor of the Nyman Times was caught in the act of misrepresenting the author of a bill in the Senate, and thus was forced to print a retraction admitting to the publication's low quality and lack of trustworthiness. However, the respected, National Weekly Atlasian has come into possession of several disturbing, internal memos from the Nyman Times HQ, which reveal an elaborate scheme by several top executives at that "establishment of printing" to pad the accomplishments of Senator NC Yankee as he heads towards "potentially" uncertain reelection. We can only wonder as to what the true motives were in this endeavour. As such, the NWA atlasian insists that we seek to enquire to ask as to what the undistinguised IDS Senator knew and when did he know it. Futhermore we demand that the Nyman Times respond to these troubling accusations as I am sure we are all very much interested in getting to the bottom of this.

This just goes to prove that their is no subsitute for real reliability in the press, which our new competitors seem to be lacking.

Who knows, maybe someone in this game will feel strongly about something controversial. That hasn't happened in a few months!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1660 on: September 05, 2010, 12:55:38 AM »

Who knows, maybe someone in this game will feel strongly about something controversial. That hasn't happened in a few months!

I will place the odds as high as 40% that no one gives a damn. 30% that we get some lame responses from all involved and it blows over in a few days. 15% chance that we get a controversy lasting longer then four days, 10% that something totally unforseen occurs as a result, and lastly 5% chance the game dies tomorrow. Those are your Adam Savage, Mythbusters style percentages. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1661 on: September 05, 2010, 12:56:56 AM »

Yankee Reports, You Decide!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1662 on: September 06, 2010, 01:06:29 AM »

I will place the odds as high as 40% that no one gives a damn. 30% that we get some lame responses from all involved and it blows over in a few days. 15% chance that we get a controversy lasting longer then four days, 10% that something totally unforseen occurs as a result, and lastly 5% chance the game dies tomorrow. Those are your Adam Savage, Mythbusters style percentages. Tongue

My odds, a la Nate Silver, were 80% no one gives a damn, 10% lame responses, 5% controversy, 4% game ends tomorrow and 1% world ends tomorrow.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1663 on: September 06, 2010, 09:56:46 AM »

My odds, a la Nate Silver, were 80% no one gives a damn, 10% lame responses, 5% controversy, 4% game ends tomorrow and 1% world ends tomorrow.

No, no, no. Silver is an idiot. At tops the % chance that no one gives a damn wouldn't surpass 60%. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1664 on: September 06, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »

I give a damn, so the odds of nobody giving a damn are now 0%. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1665 on: September 07, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »

Are your sure? I don't you think you give a damn enough. Tongue There are certainly levels involved in giving a damn, and while you may give a damn it may not be enough to meet our "technical" defination of what consitutes giving a damn.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1666 on: September 07, 2010, 10:59:08 PM »

Are your sure? I don't you think you give a damn enough. Tongue There are certainly levels involved in giving a damn, and while you may give a damn it may not be enough to meet our "technical" defination of what consitutes giving a damn.

So how will you determine if one meets the technical definition of giving a damn? Tests of some sort?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1667 on: September 07, 2010, 11:09:36 PM »

So how will you determine if one meets the technical definition of giving a damn? Tests of some sort?

Well the reaction to it. Just saying you give a damn is an indication of fakery. Tongue If you give really gave a damn you would have said something like this: "How dare you attack this fine paper, known for its integrity, with your filfty piece of trash newspaper, you cold, heartless beast".

No that is giving a damn. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1668 on: September 07, 2010, 11:15:38 PM »

Well the reaction to it. Just saying you give a damn is an indication of fakery. Tongue If you give really gave a damn you would have said something like this: "How dare you attack this fine paper, known for its integrity, with your filfty piece of trash newspaper, you cold, heartless beast".

Well I do not outwardly give a damn. That would be...illogical. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1669 on: September 07, 2010, 11:47:37 PM »

Well that causes a problem because we need accountability and if it isn't outwardly displayed then it can't be tested. As George Bush once said, "You can't have that unless you measure".

You can't objectively measure your inner emotions unless your display them in outward form, sometime, somewhere.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1670 on: September 08, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »

Well that causes a problem because we need accountability and if it isn't outwardly displayed then it can't be tested. As George Bush once said, "You can't have that unless you measure".

You can't objectively measure your inner emotions unless your display them in outward form, sometime, somewhere.

Point made, eh? I am a rather stoic person anyway, so it would be the height of irony for me to be the only person in all of Atlasia to give a damn.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1671 on: September 08, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »

Point made, eh? I am a rather stoic person anyway, so it would be the height of irony for me to be the only person in all of Atlasia to give a damn.

Thats why irony is so fun. Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1672 on: September 09, 2010, 07:47:29 AM »

"Stoic"? Dude, you're practically a Vulcan. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1673 on: September 12, 2010, 11:59:30 PM »

I miss the days when this magazine had more articles and such. Even the polls taken aren't always reported anymore. Such a shame!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1674 on: September 13, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »

I miss the days when this magazine had more articles and such. Even the polls taken aren't always reported anymore. Such a shame!

Divided attention. I had hoped Barnes could do what I didn't have time to, but alas he didn't.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies