The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:32:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 173152 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: June 24, 2010, 11:44:29 PM »

Some other fun back and forth between PS and I Tongue

LOL

Okay, first of all, having questions about you and trying to expose your attempts to get RPP support are not an obsession. It's perfectly legitimate to point out the fact that you're complaining about me and my attitude on the Senate floor, while ignoring someone who is using a political party as his plaything simply to punish those he doesn't like.

You constantly bitch about "partisanship" and support "compromise" when you try to gain support from one of the most uncompromising and mindlessly partisan individuals in Atlasia. What do you want a return to, PS? The Senate before my election? A terrible Senate that passed everything simply so they looked active, and never raised a controversial word? A Senate that constantly held hands and tried to work out differences instead of having an up or down vote? No thanks.

I was like you before, and someday you'll wise up just as I did. Look up some of my earlier posts in Atlasia if you're curious as to why. I sought out DWTL's support, I worked with several RPP members behind the scenes, I even wanted to merge with the Democratic Alliance, but Hash told me no. This game is boring, pointless, a waste of time, without some form of productive excitement. My time in the Senate, which is what all of this complaining about "partisanship" is really about, has been incredibly productive, and has brought spice and fire to the Senate that it hasn't seen in a long time.

The Senate has a fascinating balance that leads itself to fiery arguments, lengthy debate, and fights to get legislation to pass. Narrowly passed legislation, controversial legislation generating discussion, legislation failing, legislation being taken to court, a region threatening to reject one piece of legislation. Nothing like this was happening in the Senate before I got in, and other members, such as Afleitch, realized the Senate was far too chummy.

You're a hypocrite, a blatant one. Complaining about my attitude yet trying, endlessly, to get support from someone who is partisan and childish enough to try and use his political party to screw over one of your own party members simply because of his prejudice against him. Give me a break.

Wow, just wow. Your arrogance is astounding Marokai. First, I seek the support of all parties because I sit at the center of the ideological divide and I appeal to both sides. I don't seek DWTL's support because of his views. I seek the support of the RPP, just as I seek the support of the JCP, because I believe we have plenty on which we agree. That you choose to dismiss these similarities to advance your own political attacks is just disturbing.

On the topic of disturbing, look at your ego in this post!
  • The Senate, before Marokai, was "terrible"
  • Talk of partisanship is all about your "time in the Senate"
  • Nothing happened in the Senate before you "got in"

Either you didn't follow the Senate before you were elected or you are just a liar. Does the debate about the GM ring a bell? You weren't a senator when Ebowed and Bgwah took that one to court. That was some pretty fiery debate if I recall. In the Senate before you joined, which was the most productive Senate in Atlasian history, we passed legislation, rejected legislation, had legislation taken to court, had a region threaten to reject Atlasian currency. All of this happened before you entered and seems to meet your criteria of what constitutes a good Senate. Stop trying to claim responsibility for all that's good in this game. It's a blatant lie and you know it.

Boys, boys, boys.........

Take it outside, eh?

Hey, it's my campaign thread. Tongue Not really sure why a post about avoiding personal attacks suddenly gives Marokai an excuse to launch a tirade of personal attacks. I see we have a long way to go in this game.

You didn't address a damn thing I said. Instead, favoring the same attacks that you so love to decry.

The Senate was too chummy, it passed legislation all the time with little or not debate. Did any bill ever reach the same amount of debate or fight in the Senate that some have reached now? Aside from the few pages the School Standards Reform bill, not that I can see.

If you don't like DWTL's tactics, then where have you spoken out against him? It's all railing against "evil crazy Marokai" from the JCP. We're trying to help Afleitch, and you have happily accepted the support of someone who is trying to throw one of the best Senators we have out of office!

Anywho, I never claimed I was responsible for this. The JCP has been responsible for much of this, and I am a part of the JCP. All the division you talk about had JCP participation. Bgwah was the one that vetoed legislation, the JCP Senators that joined me in the Senate have been incredibly productive and useful in the Senate, and Fritz has proposed one of the most divisive and important pieces of legislation in recent memory.

Ironically, you prove my point. You highlight the division and partisanship and arguments of other Senates to prove their successfulness, yet here you are, going after me, and trying to be 'post-partisan.'

Of course you claimed you were responsible for this. Read your post and show me where you mentioned the joint attempts of the JCP. You didn't because it was all about you and what you brought to the Senate, how you fixed the Senate, how we were nothing without you.

I have no problems with the JCP. Fritz has been a great addition to the Senate. MaxQue and I have had some pretty good discussions on the Senate floor. Even after my disagreements with Bgwah and Ebowed, I respect their times in Atlasia and appreciate their occasional input (I even worked on bring to life a suggestion made by Ebowed in the Senate).

It is only you. Your arrogance, your ego. It is unbearable and it doesn't belong in my thread. Stop trying to deflect your own shortcomings onto others. This isn't about DWTL. This is about you. I am done responding to your comments, here, in other threads, in the Senate. It's enough. You clearly have no interest in reasonable discourse. You care about you and that is all there is to it. Your input is no longer appreciated here.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1626 on: June 25, 2010, 01:28:01 AM »

Purple State was quite possibly the least pleasant person in Atlasia (Fluffy included) during his stint in the Senate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1627 on: June 25, 2010, 11:55:32 AM »

And less than a year later they were elected as running mates.

I guess this means Badger/Libertas will be a ticket next Spring. Cheesy
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1628 on: June 25, 2010, 01:55:55 PM »

And less than a year later they were elected as running mates.

I guess this means Badger/Libertas will be a ticket next Spring. Cheesy

I'd probably vote for that. Bad bills would not be able to succeed if they went to a tiebreaker. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1629 on: June 25, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »

Purple State was quite possibly the least pleasant person in Atlasia (Fluffy included) during his stint in the Senate.

You just dislike my personal vendetta against you at the time. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1630 on: June 25, 2010, 06:58:40 PM »

Impossible. Fluffy takes, and eats, the cake.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1631 on: June 25, 2010, 11:17:32 PM »

Who is "Fluffy"?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1632 on: June 25, 2010, 11:20:11 PM »

Who is "Fluffy"?

DownWithTheLeft. It's a nickname that Xahar coined, as I recall.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1633 on: June 26, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »

Who is "Fluffy"?

Someone who had no significance until about August 2008 when he struck gold. Then less then a year later let it slip away, and in process of trying to reestablish his grip, he lost whatever respect he may have had even among his former supporters.

He also had a knack for creating enemies unnecessarily. I mean HappyWarrior? That's like declaring war on the Easter bunny, all you do is piss off the children and gain nothing from it except convince everyone you have no brains and are a class 1 a-hole.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1634 on: June 26, 2010, 01:12:51 AM »

Who is "Fluffy"?

Someone who had no significance until about August 2008 when he struck gold. Then less then a year later let it slip away, and in process of trying to reestablish his grip, he lost whatever respect he may have had even among his former supporters.

He also had a knack for creating enemies unnecessarily. I mean HappyWarrior? That's like declaring war on the Easter bunny, all you do is piss off the children and gain nothing from it except convince everyone you have no brains and are a class 1 a-hole.

'Fluffy' declared war on HappyWarrior?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1635 on: June 26, 2010, 01:39:22 AM »

Who is "Fluffy"?

He declared war on basically everybody. He even went after me & I built the RPP from the ground up. It's amazing the RPP ever got to five Senate seats.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1636 on: June 26, 2010, 01:42:53 AM »

Who is "Fluffy"?

He declared war on basically everybody. He even went after me & I built the RPP from the ground up. It's amazing the RPP ever got to five Senate seats.

How and why did he do this? What did he hope to gain from doing that?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1637 on: June 26, 2010, 01:57:34 AM »

Who is "Fluffy"?

September & October of last year, I sided with tmth & Hamilton in opposing DWTL's increasingly absolutist leadership. He openly scorned my bid to become party Chairman & actually joined the JCP for a brief time because other people thought that they could come in & have a say in "his" party. He didn't want to give up the power that he held, basically.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1638 on: June 26, 2010, 12:44:39 PM »

Who is "Fluffy"?

September & October of last year, I sided with tmth & Hamilton in opposing DWTL's increasingly absolutist leadership. He openly scorned my bid to become party Chairman & actually joined the JCP for a brief time because other people thought that they could come in & have a say in "his" party. He didn't want to give up the power that he held, basically.
Correct. PiT, Hamilton, and I had done a vast majority of the recruiting in the party, and we controlled the votes more than Fluffy. However, Fluffsters completely disregarded us and still considered him and his select few the driving force behind the party. Eventually, all three of us ended up leaving, and party membership has plummeted. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened if Fluffy had gone off a few months earlier and Hamilton, myself, and PiT were all still in the RPP. There might not be a Pop, but one united center-right movement.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1639 on: June 26, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »

He also completely declared war on me, which was a waste of his time Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1640 on: June 26, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »

A united center-right movement was never what Hamilton wanted to build. Please, enough with being so naive, tmth. You're one of the few left who still has warm feelings towards the guy. HE wanted to be the bgwah of the right wing. I was never going to bow to him. It's why he can't stand me. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1641 on: June 26, 2010, 01:59:09 PM »

A united center-right movement was never what Hamilton wanted to build. Please, enough with being so naive, tmth. You're one of the few left who still has warm feelings towards the guy. HE wanted to be the bgwah of the right wing. I was never going to bow to him. It's why he can't stand me. Tongue
I never said I had warm feelings towards him. I'm just saying that DWTL hadn't undermined us, there may not have been a falling out in the RPP and the Pop may never have come to pass.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1642 on: June 26, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »

He practically wanted to kill me for voting for Jas in one election as a joke Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1643 on: June 26, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »

I never said I had warm feelings towards him. I'm just saying that DWTL hadn't undermined us, there may not have been a falling out in the RPP and the Pop may never have come to pass.

Maybe, but Hamilton's tactics were just as distasteful and despite all his prowess and supposed brilliance at tactics, he really was no better then DWTL. Both DWTL and Hammy had to go. Also both you and PiT, had certain issues, no offense. Tongue Meaning there was only one hope for maintaining a unified right wing, but he was too busy going insane last fall. Wink Grin

He practically wanted to kill me for voting for Jas in one election as a joke Tongue

Well in all fairness, I posted a thread on the private forum titled "Sometimes I just want to Kill Vepres" once Jas started railling against Regional Senate seats. Tongue  So it wasn't just him. Though unlike DWLT, I can move on to more important things and let temporary disatisfaction pass. Smiley DWTL would probably still be hating you instead of actually trying to throw First Prefs at you not four months later for the Senate. Tongue

Remember when DWTL mispelled you name? I actually felt sad because I feared you would be mocked for months with that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1644 on: June 26, 2010, 06:47:03 PM »

Why? What did you do to piss him off?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1645 on: June 26, 2010, 09:59:12 PM »

Basically he was (and is) a sociopath. We seem to attract a dangerously high percentage of such people here.

Oh, and 'fluffy' comes from his username. Down as in bedding and birds.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1646 on: June 26, 2010, 10:09:35 PM »

Why? What did you do to piss him off?

To this day I have no idea.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1647 on: June 26, 2010, 10:46:09 PM »

Hamilton was just as bad, if not worse, as DWTL. The problem with him was that he was a pathological liar whereas DWTL was open about his tactics. There was never going to be a unified right wing with Hamilton in the picture, and even with him gone from the forum, he is still driving a wedge between all of us. The only way we will be united is of course to allow him to take over and submit to his wishes which is something I will never do and probably a reason why I have been referred to as the biggest roadblock to a unified right and am his biggest target to destroy in Atlasia.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1648 on: June 26, 2010, 10:47:45 PM »

DWTL sounds like fun. Any way to get him back here?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1649 on: June 26, 2010, 10:49:30 PM »

He left to run for school board because he didn't want them to be able to track this site back to him. I doubt he ever makes a comeback, but I still see him around on Facebook.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies