The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:20:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 173033 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: June 15, 2010, 12:28:42 AM »

THE NATIONAL WEEKLY ATLASIAN HIRING!!!!
              The NWA seeks an unbiased hard news reporter/anchor

Please PM acting NWA President NC Yankee if you are interested with your qualifications.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1601 on: June 15, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »

Barnes Joines NWA News Team

Well Respected Atlasian, Barnes, will be joined The National Weekly Atlasian as chief correspondant and nightly news anchor. We welcome him aboard.

NC Yankee
Acting President,
National Weekly Atlasian
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1602 on: June 15, 2010, 12:50:56 AM »

I'd like to thank Yankee for kindly hiring me. I'm elated to start working at the NWA!

Barnes
Chief Correspondent and Nightly News Anchor
National Weekly Atlasian
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1603 on: June 15, 2010, 12:57:07 AM »

THE NATIONAL WEEKLY ATLASIAN HIRING!!!!
              The NWA seeks three Op-ed Writers to from different political ideologies to compose our editorial board.

Please PM acting NWA President NC Yankee if you are interested with your qualifications.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1604 on: June 15, 2010, 01:00:07 AM »

Why, I'd be happy to join. My qualifications are: I'm Marokai Blue. Tongue
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1605 on: June 15, 2010, 01:27:25 AM »

Mideast Senate Race Tight!

The race for the Mideast Regional Senate seat is tight as the finish line draws near.  There are currently six candidates in the race: Citizen Boris (JCP), ME Assemblyman hawkeye59 (JCP), Secretary of Federal Elections Franzl (DA), incumbent Senator Inks.LWC (AFL-CIO), Secretary of Internal Affairs Al (C), and Citizen Yougo1000 (POP).

The NWA considers this race an open seat, considering that Inks was appointed to the Senate after tmthforu94 resigned to assume the office of ME Governor.

A recent Tmthforu94 Research & Communications Poll has Franzl leading the pack with six votes, Inks a hair behind with five, and Al and Yougo tied with four.  There was one undecided, and one citizen preferring another candidate.

According to the Census Bureau, the Democratic Alliance is the largest party in the Mideast. This, of course, will benefit Franzl, the DA candidate.  Even with this in mind, the NWA considers this race a tossup.  However, we do think that Franzl is the current front-runner.

A debate between the candidates, sponsored by the Atlasian Observer, is currently being held.  The Moderator is Peter.  Only three of the candidates have been actively participating, however.  Franzl, Inks, and Al, have all made experience a major theme of their campings.

A rather strange part of the race is the candidacy of Yougo1000.  According to his profile, Yougo is ten years old.  It is illegal for anyone under 13 to register on an internet site.  Apparently, Yougo claims to be grounded, and has suspended his campaign, however, his name will still appear on the ballot.

Similarly, hawkeye59's profile lists him as being 11, which would also be illegal.

The election starts on June 18th, and the NWA will be following the race all the way to the finish line.

(Also, if you're a Mideast resident, you can participate in a newly opened poll for the race.  Found here.)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1606 on: June 16, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »

Interview with Midwest Lt. Governor Kalwejt (JCP-WY)
June 16, 2010

Barnes: How would you summarize your time as Midwest Lt. Governor so far?

Kalwejt: First of all, my election as Midwest OFKA Lt. Governor was a quite extrodinary adventure, considering the fact I learned my move became effective the very day election started.

To be honest, that's neither powerful now keeping busy position, but really a good start for a newbie in the region. I'm trying to make the post more active, but there are natural limits.

Barnes: You have recently taken over as Acting Governor, do you plan to institute any major policies? Or do are you merely going to keep the seat warm until Vepres takes back over?

Kalwejt: The powers of the OFKA Governor are mostly about maitaining voting booth, not only on regular basis, but also to initate a special votes on initiatives. I won't hide I'd love to use that priveledge to advance some needed reforms, particulary establishment of the legislature, but the constitution is clear, Acting Governor can't do it.

So, naturally, my primary task is to keep the seat warm until OFKA Governor's return (take your time, Vepres Wink), but also I'm trying to use the situation to promote more active approach, even if it's declaring holidays or waging a paintball battle against the Southeast. I hope my brief tenure would help bring more energy to rather anemic Midwest regional policies.

Barnes: You are actively supporting Purple State in the upcoming Presidential election. Why?

Kalwejt: I had initialy a doubts about another unity JCP/DA ticket, considering what happened in February. I support Purple State because he proved for a many times, not only as Game Moderator, that he's one of the most active and creative citizens. Not to mention of course merits of his running-mate Smiley

As you know, I'm a fan of parliamentary form of government, but we don't live in such country. Presidency needs then to become something more than merely a bully pulpit. Active President with active GM, PS surely would appoint, can be very valuable addition to our game.

Barnes: You have been an advocate of expanding the Midwest's government. What exactly would you like to do?

Kalwejt: We all saw how establishing of regional legislatures helped to energize Northeast and Southeast politics. Before that it was merely a voting from time to time. We're playing the game for fun, but fun needs more action. Action is something we need in Midwest too. It has to be said, that we, and Pacific, are most anemic regions.

Barnes: Little over a month ago, you launched the Atlasian Lieutenant Governors Conference. However, the Conference never really got off the ground. Would you support continuing the project?

Kalwejt: There's a problem with getting other Lt. Governors more active and I have to admitt I also didn't payed a lot of attention to the project in recent days.

Barnes: Do you have any plans to run for a higher office?

Kalwejt: Of course Wink But in nearest future I shall rather seek reelection as OFKA Lt. Governor than trying to unseat Vepres again. The reason is simple: I want to establish myself in Midwest in first place.

Barnes: You were originally a resident of the Northeast, and became quite a prominent figure there. Why did you leave for the Midwest?

Kalwejt: Northeast had become very diffrent place than when I registered orginally. From a diverse region it became basically one party fieldom. I tried to stay and remain active, unlike Antonio for example, but in unfriendly legislature there was nothing I could later do.

And why I did leave for Midwest? Midwest is still one of the most competentive and rich of opportunities for all region. I guess that explains everything.     

If you would like an interview with the National Weekly Atlasian, please send me a PM. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1607 on: June 16, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »

Yankee Crushes GPorter in SE Senate Race

A new NWA-Survey Atlasia poll has incumbent Senator North Carolina Yankee with a 2:1 lead of challenger Garrison Porter following a solid debate perforamance and the revelation of dishonesty in the campaign attacks of Mr. Porter. With the new polling, the National Weekly Atlasian is moving this race from Lean RPP Hold to Likely RPP Hold.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1608 on: June 16, 2010, 05:39:43 PM »

Hold on! AndrewCT and I were passed over for interviews to allow Kaljewi to have one!?!?! How disrespectful! I demand an apology! We've been in line for months with our heads held high that one day, one day soon we'd get that call! And we're still waiting!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1609 on: June 16, 2010, 07:39:42 PM »

Hold on! AndrewCT and I were passed over for interviews to allow Kaljewi to have one!?!?! How disrespectful! I demand an apology! We've been in line for months with our heads held high that one day, one day soon we'd get that call! And we're still waiting!

We totally have been waiting a long time.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1610 on: June 16, 2010, 07:43:03 PM »

If you would like an interview with the National Weekly Atlasian, please send me a PM. Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1611 on: June 16, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »

Hold on! AndrewCT and I were passed over for interviews to allow Kaljewi

Who's Kaljewi?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1612 on: June 16, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »

Oh, you know what I mean!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1613 on: June 16, 2010, 08:17:32 PM »

I never meet any Kaljewi. Who's that douche?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1614 on: June 16, 2010, 08:22:16 PM »

Your evil twin. He's trying to impersonate you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1615 on: June 16, 2010, 08:23:08 PM »

Ah. He's the same no-good piece of s**t as infamous Senator Douche, right?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1616 on: June 16, 2010, 08:26:26 PM »

You need to calm down. I also have an impostor known as NC Yankee. I'm not happy about it either.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1617 on: June 18, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »

PURPLE STATE DEFEATS ROSETTASTONED!!!!!

Based on the votes that have come in so far, the complete lack of unity on the right, and the counterproductive 11th hour strategy by Rosetta's campaign, we can now call the election for Purple State/Marokai Blue. Remember you heard it here first.

More to be added later to this developing story.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1618 on: June 18, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »

Please don't declare such things until the election is over. Tongue

It's also easier to have unity on the right when there's a candidate worth a damn. You shouldn't be surprised some people on the right are iffy on voting for a ticket with a complete lack of substance and refusal to engage in debate on serious issues.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1619 on: June 18, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2010, 10:05:10 PM by Give-em Hell Yankee!!! »

Please don't declare such things until the election is over. Tongue

It's also easier to have unity on the right when there's a candidate worth a damn. You shouldn't be surprised some people on the right are iffy on voting for a ticket with a complete lack of substance and refusal to engage in debate on serious issues.

Oh, I know, why do think I gave it a 5th preference and then basically under duress, Wink, duress of actually spoiling my ballot DWTL style and voting for neither . Tongue

We beleive in aggressive journalism here. Tongue
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1620 on: June 18, 2010, 10:02:58 PM »

PURPLE STATE DEFEATS ROSETTASTONED!!!!!

Based on the votes that have come in so far, the complete lack of unity on the right, and the counterproductive 11th hour strategy by Rosetta's campaign, we can now call the election for Purple State/Marokai Blue. Remember you heard it here first.

More to be added later to this developing story.

RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #1621 on: June 18, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »

I'm quite certain myself that PS will in fact win, maybe even on the first count.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1622 on: June 24, 2010, 11:13:03 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2010, 11:22:12 PM by Give-em Hell Yankee!!! »

Health Care Bill Has 48% Support
by South Park Conservative

A new poll by Survey Atlasia revealed that the health care bill being debated in the Senate has only 48% support of the general public. An equal amount disapprove of the bill. This bill may be key to deciding who the Regional Protection Party will third-preference in the next election.

Of course, most if not all of the people who disapprove refuse to actually show up and explain why they oppose it, and more people probably support it if it was more important to show up in a fantasy election issue poll.

Also, nice vague blackmailing. I knew PurpleState was trying to suck up to you guys, but come on now..

Really, your stupidity is becoming unbearable. I plan on voting for the bill. I can't understand why you are trying to inject partisanship and personal jabs into this debate. Are you trying to polarize people and foment opposition to the health care reform bill? I must say, the only thing that would ever make me consider voting against the bill is the crap you pull, but luckily I put the people of Atlasia first, rather than my feelings towards the crude tactics of a belligerent senator.

Ah the good old days. Grin

I was digging back through here looking for a real comedic post that DWTL made and I ran across this instead and I couldn't resist. Its even more funny with PS having all the PS/MB campaign material in his sig.

I'm still baffled as to why the JCP does not run a third candidate, the honestly have the numbers with a little outside the support to get really close to it and still having 2 even if they miss.  What surprises me is that the RPP only has about 2 less members now.

What doesn't surprise me is that the quality of our members are far and away superior to yours.

Yeah, how could we forget such great JCP members as Tender Branson, Lunar, RosettaStoned, BRTD, Flyers2010, px75, and Daniel Z, among others?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1623 on: June 24, 2010, 11:29:23 PM »

I used to look back on my commentary about Purple State alot during the campaign. He and I were definitely not always sweethearts. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1624 on: June 24, 2010, 11:34:52 PM »

NWA, lol
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69  
« previous next »
Jump to: