Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 10:02:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 ... 304
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 213187 times)
Yellowhammer
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3625 on: November 10, 2023, 06:28:03 PM »

Blinken brings a notable shift in US language toward Israel as pressure mounts at home and abroad

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/10/politics/us-support-for-israel

Effect of the democratic voter base pressure at home, after the correlation was proved with the declining poll numbers for Joe Biden and the return of Donald Trump.

The rhetoric will change towards pressuring Israel more for a peaceful solution, but the actions will remain the same. Israel is too strategic to the United States on an economic and geopolitical level, as their door to have a say on what goes on in the Middle East.

They care about this relationship with Israel way more than with Palestinian non-white lives.
Please stop trying to make this about race, thanks.

This is a literal race war. Race has everything to do with it. "Brown vs white" or "non-white vs white" is a facile and incorrect way of putting it, but Palestinian vs Jew? Yeah, it's a race war between Palestinians and Jews.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3626 on: November 10, 2023, 06:34:43 PM »

I've expressed skepticism about Israeli government accounts in this thread. OTOH I think Palestinian liberationism should be destroyed and foreign sympathy for it should be driven to zero, so this has not been the main focus of my posts.

Wow, I've lost all respect for you. Hamas is not the same as Palestine. So you don't think Palestinians should have a state? You think they should continue to live under apartheid? You think 10,000 innocent deaths are ok?

Israel has the right to defend itself and get revenge on terrorists who did the Oct 7 attacks. But Hamas is a terrorist group who illegally seized control of the Gaza strip from the internationally recongized Palestinian Authority.
Blinken brings a notable shift in US language toward Israel as pressure mounts at home and abroad

Effect of the democratic voter base pressure at home, after the correlation was proved with the declining poll numbers for Joe Biden and the return of Donald Trump.

The rhetoric will change towards pressuring Israel more for a peaceful solution, but the actions will remain the same. Israel is too strategic to the United States on an economic and geopolitical level, as their door to have a say on what goes on in the Middle East.

They care about this relationship with Israel way more than with Palestinian non-white lives.

Israel is not white either so please stop with this nonsense
The Ashkenazim Jews are. They come from Europe.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3627 on: November 10, 2023, 06:37:30 PM »

The Palestinian cause is simply evil enough
This is plain racist. I am Palestinian..am I evil? I want a Palestinian state. I support the two state solution through peaceful means like most Palestinians. Its the current Israeli government that refuses to negotiate, has propped up Hamas and continues to build more illegal settlements.

Is Joe Biden evil? Or the Jewish Bernie Sanders? Or Obama or Merkel? They all support a Palestinian state.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #3628 on: November 10, 2023, 06:37:36 PM »

I've expressed skepticism about Israeli government accounts in this thread. OTOH I think Palestinian liberationism should be destroyed and foreign sympathy for it should be driven to zero, so this has not been the main focus of my posts.

Wow, I've lost all respect for you. Hamas is not the same as Palestine. So you don't think Palestinians should have a state? You think they should continue to live under apartheid? You think 10,000 innocent deaths are ok?

Israel has the right to defend itself and get revenge on terrorists who did the Oct 7 attacks. But Hamas is a terrorist group who illegally seized control of the Gaza strip from the internationally recongized Palestinian Authority.

This is a very Americanized view of race. I know it might surprise Red Velvet but Jews have long been hated by white supremacists. In fact, most consider them to be their worst enemy.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3629 on: November 10, 2023, 06:40:19 PM »

This is a literal race war. Race has everything to do with it. "Brown vs white" or "non-white vs white" is a facile and incorrect way of putting it, but Palestinian vs Jew? Yeah, it's a race war between Palestinians and Jews.

More of a religious one . Islamists never accepted the fact that a non Islamic nation existed in their region and have been trying to destroy Israel for that reason alone .
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #3630 on: November 10, 2023, 06:43:34 PM »

It's not a race nor a religious war. It's a war about property rights.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3631 on: November 10, 2023, 06:43:55 PM »

This is a very Americanized view of race. I know it might surprise Red Velvet but Jews have long been hated by white supremacists. In fact, most consider them to be their worst enemy.
The American view is the correct view. It shouldn't be surprising that white supremacists are wrong. Jews from Europe are WHITE. They are European. They are Polish, Russian, German etc. Jews aren't a race, its a religion

Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3632 on: November 10, 2023, 06:50:12 PM »

NO IT IS NOT A RACE WAR. Jesus christ this is an ignorant post

1. There is no such thing as the Jewish race. Being Jewish is a religion
2. Both Europeans and Arabs are caucasians
3. Half of Israel's population are Mizrahi (Middle Eastern Jews) who are gentically identically to Arabs

It is not even a war of religion. Its a war aganist a nation and a terrorist group, who do not represent Palestine. Thats it. Thats like calling the Viet Cong fighting the US a race war between Asians and Whites

Source: I am a feaking Palestinian
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3633 on: November 10, 2023, 06:54:47 PM »

The American view is the correct view. It shouldn't be surprising that white supremacists are wrong. Jews from Europe are WHITE. They are European. They are Polish, Russian, German etc. Jews aren't a race, its a religion

Ashkenazi Jews are absolutely white but the majority of Jews in Israel aren't Ashkenazi.

I would also consider Sephardic Jews white.

Still, in the minds of most westerners, whether left or right, Israel is the white country and Palestine the non white country.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3634 on: November 10, 2023, 06:58:50 PM »

Ashkenazi Jews are absolutely white but the majority of Jews in Israel aren't Ashkenazi.

I would also consider Sephardic Jews white.

Still, in the minds of most westerners, whether left or right, Israel is the white country and Palestine the non white country.
Literally nobody but the most igornant people or Neo Nazis thinks the Israeli-Palestine conflict a war between whites and non whites.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3635 on: November 10, 2023, 07:08:49 PM »

Some Sephardic Jewish comes from Europe too! From this Ancestry test I did, I am 4% Sephardic Jewish and it definitely came alongside the Portuguese since I have no Jewish family member.

Granted, not all Sephardic Jews are from Iberian Peninsula, they can be from anywhere surrounding the Mediterranean, but a good chunk are.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3636 on: November 10, 2023, 07:16:05 PM »

3. Half of Israel's population are Mizrahi (Middle Eastern Jews) who are gentically identically to Arabs

It is not even a war of religion. Its a war aganist a nation and a terrorist group, who do not represent Palestine. Thats it. Thats like calling the Viet Cong fighting the US a race war between Asians and Whites

Source: I am a f(r)eaking Palestinian

1. https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/are-jews-a-race/

Turns out this is true. I always thought Jews had a genetic descendance.

2. https://libguides.unthsc.edu/dei/white#:~:text=White%2FCaucasian%20is%20a%20term,%22%20(NCBI%2C%202022).

Turns out that is true as well. I did not know this one.

3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mizrahi_Jews

I knew this one. 3 from 3.

"Source: I am a f(r)eaking Palestinian"

I like a man with the facts. Thanks.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #3637 on: November 10, 2023, 07:19:58 PM »

It isn't a race war because Palestinians are Jews. Palestinians are the descendants of Jews who converted to Christianity and Islam between ancient times and 1948.

It's not a race nor a religious war. It's a war about property rights.

Exactly

Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3638 on: November 10, 2023, 07:21:05 PM »

Not quite sure who "They" are, although presumably you are referring to US voters, US political leaders or...Huh

Clearly I was talking about US political leadership as I mentioned they would change the rhetoric to be more critical of Israel but not practical actions due to internal electorate pressure.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3639 on: November 10, 2023, 07:23:02 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2023, 08:52:32 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

Free Palestine. Are we freeing Palestine from Israel? No.

It turns out we are freeing Palestine from Hamas.

First Interviews with Palestinians (non-Hamas)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzeRp9NsDhn/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzeLVXHiXOD/

Now that Hamas are being unpeeled from their hideouts, it turns out the people leaving Gaza and arriving in safe haven's have a very different opinion of this war.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3640 on: November 10, 2023, 07:28:09 PM »

There are fewer than 1,000 Samaritans left in the world, but based on those charts they appear to have the closest connection to ancient Israel/Palestine/whatever along with Palestinian and Jordanian Christians. Interesting.
Logical

« Reply #3641 on: November 10, 2023, 07:35:17 PM »

Some unidentified bodies turned out to be the bodies of Hamas fighters instead of Israelis.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3642 on: November 10, 2023, 07:54:56 PM »

Race isn’t purely defined easily like that though, social perceptions matter much more than what you’re implying. Race is not just about genetics, but a social construct.

You say Europeans and Arabs are both Caucasians like they were the same thing and yet that doesn’t stop Arabs from being treated in a racist way when in Europe.

I have some Arab physical traits for example and while I was living in Europe someone asked me once if I happened to be a terrorist. I am quite sure that if I didn’t have some Arab mixed in me that wouldn’t have been said. Real Arabs go through some much tougher sh*t in Europe these days with the rise of dangerous right-wing populism.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3643 on: November 10, 2023, 08:05:57 PM »

Is Trump the ONLY right-wing populist with an actual brain of the ones in the global right-wing populists club?

Seriously, he basically is throwing a line that can be perceived both as shade and as advice to Israel depending of the eyes of the beholder. That way he simultaneously manages to:

- Not alienate the harsh Pro-Israel right-wing Republican base that supports him and sees him as the Giant Friend of Israel, like Bibi does too.

- Signal to the Pro-Palestine crowd who is very angry with Joe Biden and the Democratic Party right now to pass as someone who is more moderate and able to “criticize” Israel even if he’s not really doing it.

It’s really smart for Trump to not commit too hard on any way on this issue, unlike Ukraine where it IS smart to polarize the American society in order to make Biden pass as this uncontrollable BIG spender on foreign causes that ignores the national well-being.

Because he only needs to keep the hard Pro-Israel voters that already love him, while opening a door for Pro-Palestine voters to be more angry with the current president, avoiding to show that he would come across as more Pro-Israel than Biden, stimulating these people to at least abstain.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #3644 on: November 10, 2023, 08:15:18 PM »

Is Trump the ONLY right-wing populist with an actual brain of the ones in the global right-wing populists club?

Seriously, he basically is throwing a line that can be perceived both as shade and as advice to Israel depending of the eyes of the beholder. That way he simultaneously manages to:

- Not alienate the harsh Pro-Israel right-wing Republican base that supports him and sees him as the Giant Friend of Israel, like Bibi does too.

- Signal to the Pro-Palestine crowd who is very angry with Joe Biden and the Democratic Party right now to pass as someone who is more moderate and able to “criticize” Israel even if he’s not really doing it.

It’s really smart for Trump to not commit too hard on any way on this issue, unlike Ukraine where it IS smart to polarize the American society in order to make Biden pass as this uncontrollable BIG spender on foreign causes that ignores the national well-being.

Because he only needs to keep the hard Pro-Israel voters that already love him, while opening a door for Pro-Palestine voters to be more angry with the current president, avoiding to show that he would come across as more Pro-Israel than Biden, stimulating these people to at least abstain.
He's not smart (see the last eight years). He's saying something which everyone but the hackiest of hacky Israel hacks knows. How Israel can send Netanyahu and these right-wing ghouls out to do PR and not expect a backlash is outright malpractice/stupidity. Netanyahu's face alone generates disgust.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3645 on: November 10, 2023, 08:20:04 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2023, 08:23:09 PM by Horus »

He's not smart (see the last eight years). He's saying something which everyone but the hackiest of hacky Israel hacks knows. How Israel can send Netanyahu and these right-wing ghouls out to do PR and not expect a backlash is outright malpractice/stupidity. Netanyahu's face alone generates disgust.

Still, Biden has never said anything close to this negative about Israel. Trump could continue to chip away at the youth vote if he keeps this rhetoric up.

If he wins I expect his actions to be at least as pro Israel as Biden, probably moreso. But he's smart to hide that for now.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3646 on: November 10, 2023, 08:53:59 PM »

Race isn’t purely defined easily like that though, social perceptions matter much more than what you’re implying. Race is not just about genetics, but a social construct.

You say Europeans and Arabs are both Caucasians like they were the same thing and yet that doesn’t stop Arabs from being treated in a racist way when in Europe.

I have some Arab physical traits for example and while I was living in Europe someone asked me once if I happened to be a terrorist. I am quite sure that if I didn’t have some Arab mixed in me that wouldn’t have been said. Real Arabs go through some much tougher sh*t in Europe these days with the rise of dangerous right-wing populism.
Lol I am a Arab-Muslim living in the southern US, I know about discrimination. I always get funny looks when I check "white" on employment and college applications despite the US census considers me white. I know I am not white. I am not treated like a white person. But according to the US government I am white
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3647 on: November 10, 2023, 09:06:45 PM »

Lol I am a Arab-Muslim living in the southern US, I know about discrimination. I always get funny looks when I check "white" on employment and college applications despite the US census considers me white. I know I am not white. I am not treated like a white person. But according to the US government I am white

You are White though, technically speaking. But you’re not “White” because you’re not perceived like that by the environment you’re located in, which was built by people who look “whiter” than you.

And that difference is the key on understanding why Europeans and Arabs aren’t perceived with the same level of sympathy in their conflicts by an important crowd that holds power. There is a structural difference on the matter that is reflected on official positions regarding Israel/Palestine where these technicalities do not matter at all.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3648 on: November 10, 2023, 09:22:40 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2023, 10:02:08 PM by Meclazine for Israel »

NewsNation stories.

Son of Hamas leader says Israel have been very careful in their air strikes and ground invasion.

Mosab Hassan Yousef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlQA9P8O04c

Full interview here:

https://www.newsnationnow.com/cuomo-show/hamas-co-founder-son-yousef-negotiations-peace-deal/

As for the Hamas leadership, I would say that they need to freeze their bank accounts to stop Hamas.

With all the donations to Palestine, it is obvious now that the actual civilians on the ground are not getting a cent. When you investigate the leadership of Hamas, they are worth, collectively, US$11 billion.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/world/war-in-israel/hamas-leaders-worth-billions/

The top 3 Hamas leaders have USD $11,000,000,000.

Meanwhile, on the PBS News Hour, Amna Hawaz, reported 39 Gazan journalists have been killed since October 7, including 5 photo-journalists killed on the day of the attacks, presumably, inside Israel.

Amna asked this question directly to one of the researchers. It looks like the cat is out of the bag that most journalists in Gaza are actual Hamas propogandists, members or sympathisers.

"Hamas control Gaza, and control the images and video 100%, so......"

Journalists - Hamas or Not?

https://youtu.be/yHU0JHoZA8I?t=807

My Reaction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu4pYvGBp5s

Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3649 on: November 10, 2023, 09:32:50 PM »

You are White though, technically speaking. But you’re not “White” because you’re not perceived like that by the environment you’re located in, which was built by people who look “whiter” than you.

And that difference is the key on understanding why Europeans and Arabs aren’t perceived with the same level of sympathy in their conflicts by an important crowd that holds power. There is a structural difference on the matter that is reflected on official positions regarding Israel/Palestine where these technicalities do not matter at all.
I'm white technically. But in the US, most of the population only considers people of European descent to be white.

I do have green eyes since my family is from Palestine. I have black hair and tan skin now, but as a baby I had blond hair and milk colored skin. A reminder of the crusades lol. Levant Arabs are lighter than someone from Arabia for example
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 ... 304  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies