Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 ... 300
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 210935 times)
Hnv1
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3600 on: November 10, 2023, 03:57:04 AM »

Hamas’ resistance in central Gaza is sporadic and feeble. The pincers from north and south will meet in Rimal in the next 48 hours. Some speculation whether the leadership fled south using the tunnels
Logical

« Reply #3601 on: November 10, 2023, 05:06:21 AM »

True. I doubt Sinwar, Deif or any other top leaders are anywhere in the North. Which means that the IDF will have take the entire strip.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #3602 on: November 10, 2023, 06:24:11 AM »

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-11-10/ty-article/.premium/israeli-media-watchdog-says-it-was-just-raising-questions-on-photographers-hamas-link/0000018b-b88c-dedf-adab-fd9cfae90000

Vosem would believe anything Israel says
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3603 on: November 10, 2023, 06:27:56 AM »

I'M ONLY ASKING QUESTIONS!!!!??!?
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #3604 on: November 10, 2023, 06:42:14 AM »

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #3605 on: November 10, 2023, 08:32:18 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2023, 10:29:53 AM by Meclazine for Israel »

Photos showing the embedded photojournalists from CNN and AP enjoying and celebrating the kidnapping.

Hamas Journalists

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzbyBkstAfC/

It does not prove that the news networks knew about the October 7 attack.

It suggests that everything in Gaza is controlled by Hamas. The narrative, the story, the media we get is all made for glorification of Hamas and to garner sympathy from US University students.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #3606 on: November 10, 2023, 10:10:51 AM »

Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3607 on: November 10, 2023, 10:17:41 AM »

I've expressed skepticism about Israeli government accounts in this thread. OTOH I think Palestinian liberationism should be destroyed and foreign sympathy for it should be driven to zero, so this has not been the main focus of my posts.

Whether the journalists embedded with Hamas "knew beforehand" is not the point. The operation was kept very secret and many ordinary Hamas militants did not know beforehand. The point is that they participated in terrorist actions committed by Hamas and their managers should have known beforehand that having journalists be members of terrorist organizations meant actively paying terrorists. This was not something the managers of "AP, CNN, NY Times, and Reuters" were concerned about, because this is a long-standing evil practice which goes back to the 1920s.

If the Sandinistas are Hamas in Vosem’s analogy, then that means…

Well, this comparison is set in the 1920s, so Israel is the US occupation of Nicaragua, but you can really carry this forward to any period of Nicaraguan history because it's not like the Sandinistas were ever the good guys. If not for the American media, they might have been destroyed right at the outset.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3608 on: November 10, 2023, 11:00:23 AM »

It's worth noting that Netanyahu hates this guy, who repeatedly has challenged him for Likud leadership, and he does not speak for the Israeli government. He's just a bomb-thrower on Twitter.
It says UN Ambassador and leader of Likud?

He was never "leader" or indeed anything close to that.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #3609 on: November 10, 2023, 11:02:39 AM »

I declare myself Leader of Likud.

My first act? Dissolution of the party.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3610 on: November 10, 2023, 11:10:47 AM »

Its very obviously a ridiculous analogy in any case, not least because the Sandinistas agreed to a free and fair election and gave up power after losing it.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3611 on: November 10, 2023, 11:13:54 AM »

I declare myself Leader of Likud.

My first act? Dissolution of the party.

As the kidz say, based Cool
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3612 on: November 10, 2023, 11:20:53 AM »

Its very obviously a ridiculous analogy in any case, not least because the Sandinistas agreed to a free and fair election and gave up power after losing it.

It is a comparison set in the 1920s! The Sandinistas (who were not the same organization as the later Sandinista party which was founded in the 1960s which seized power from 1979-1990 and 2006-present) were founded to protect their leader from murder charges install a Mexican puppet government prevent a free and fair election from being held in 1928 because they were upset about ideological shifts within the Liberal Party -- shifts towards acceptance of democracy, for that matter.

It's also not really an analogy, it's an observation that the media behaved in similar ways and for similarly unjustifiable reasons.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #3613 on: November 10, 2023, 11:37:36 AM »

MSNBC News and ABC Australia cannot help themselves. Every news title is anti-Israeli, pro-Palestinian.

"Years ago, Netanyahu made a major mistake".

"Fifty years on, Benjamin Netanyahu is blamed by many Israelis for the failures that contributed to the horrors of October 7. "

"People are united in their rage against Benjamin Netanyahu"

"Israeli's facing a new threat"

"UN Experts say Jabalia strikes a war crime"

"The tunnels will give Hamas the upper hand."

"Settlers killing Palestinians in the West Bank"

"Jewish Protestor in Sherman Oaks knocks his head."

It suggests that the journalists in these organisations were strongly pro-Palestinian before this war broke out.

They will wait for the news of the rapes, child beheadings, torture and kidnappings of October 7 to subside before restoring their prior bias in full.

I'm not getting into all of this, but if being anti-Netanyahu is somehow anti-Israel then at least half the population of Israel is anti-Israel.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #3614 on: November 10, 2023, 11:47:59 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2023, 11:52:51 AM by Comrade Funk »

The media doesn't owe Israel good PR. You can't just ignore 10,000 dead civilians and not report it. Not to mention the face of the Israeli PR campaign are Vosemite right-wingers like Netanyahu.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3615 on: November 10, 2023, 11:59:49 AM »

As I said before, Israel is looking for excuses to murder journalists and to deflect blame.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3616 on: November 10, 2023, 12:00:20 PM »

The media doesn't owe Israel good PR. You can't just ignore 10,000 dead civilians and not report it. Not to mention the face of the Israeli PR campaign are Vosemite right-wingers like Netanyahu.

The sad thing is, you totally can. What happened in Ninawa, in Yemen, in Tigray? (In the former two, air cover was provided by Western drones and pilots! There was direct US involvement!) This is usually what happens unless the media decides to demonize a side for one reason or another.

Also, excuse me, the leading Vosemite right-winger in Israel is Lieberman, not Netanyahu. Please come back to this thread with an understanding of 2010s warfare and an understanding of Israeli politics; I don't see what the point is of posting here without knowledge of these subjects.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3617 on: November 10, 2023, 12:38:17 PM »

Israeli armored forces are reportedly surrounding multiple hospitals in North Gaza:

Israeli tanks, amid explosions and falling shells, surrounded overcrowded hospitals in Gaza City on Friday. Five hospitals, some of them sheltering many displaced people, reported being encircled or in proximity to the fighting in the city, among the heaviest yet in the one-month-old war. Israel’s Army Radio said tanks had surrounded several hospitals earlier on Friday, and it demanded they be evacuated, which aid groups warn endangers the lives of the sick and wounded.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/11/10/israel-hamas-war-gaza-palestine-live/

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3618 on: November 10, 2023, 02:44:42 PM »

Based minister!

Time for sanctions against gentiles in visually abusive shirts.

I've seen what you posted before and it has been reported. Deleting your post and changing it won't help.

No need to resort to transphobia over something you disagree with (her being transgender is even irrelevant for the discussion). But thanks for proving my point i guess.

It was deleted for me! I would’ve happily left it there!

Weren't you the idiot who was calling people 'Poofters' on the day of the attack, or was that some other British chud? Y'all definitely aren't sending your best, that's for sure... and to think people were criticizing me for not focusing on the conflict at hand when I dared discuss Palestinians...

Only post I'll make about this. But making homophobic and transphobic slights to make your point is disrespectful to the present brutality of this conflict, for everyone involved.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3619 on: November 10, 2023, 04:08:28 PM »

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3620 on: November 10, 2023, 04:12:23 PM »

Blinken brings a notable shift in US language toward Israel as pressure mounts at home and abroad

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/10/politics/us-support-for-israel
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #3621 on: November 10, 2023, 05:28:33 PM »

Blinken brings a notable shift in US language toward Israel as pressure mounts at home and abroad

Effect of the democratic voter base pressure at home, after the correlation was proved with the declining poll numbers for Joe Biden and the return of Donald Trump.

The rhetoric will change towards pressuring Israel more for a peaceful solution, but the actions will remain the same. Israel is too strategic to the United States on an economic and geopolitical level, as their door to have a say on what goes on in the Middle East.

They care about this relationship with Israel way more than with Palestinian non-white lives.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3622 on: November 10, 2023, 05:39:57 PM »

Effect of the democratic voter base pressure at home, after the correlation was proved with the declining poll numbers for Joe Biden and the return of Donald Trump.

The rhetoric will change towards pressuring Israel more for a peaceful solution, but the actions will remain the same. Israel is too strategic to the United States on an economic and geopolitical level, as their door to have a say on what goes on in the Middle East.

They care about this relationship with Israel way more than with Palestinian non-white lives.

Israel is not white either so please stop with this nonsense
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #3623 on: November 10, 2023, 05:51:45 PM »

Please stop trying to make this about race, thanks.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3624 on: November 10, 2023, 06:21:07 PM »

Not quite sure who "They" are, although presumably you are referring to US voters, US political leaders or...Huh

Reality is that for (75) years since the creation of the State of Israel, there has been a strong bipartisan US political consensus regarding support for Israel.

This does not mean that various US Administrations over the years have not had significant and sharp differences with decisions that various Israeli Governments have made, with perhaps the first most significant one involving the Suez War of '56, where the Eisenhower Administration intervened to effectively stop what was a joint preemptive French, English, and Israeli assault on the nascent Government of Nasser following the Free Officers Movement which basically was a military coup of Junior Officers.

It is not unusual at all for various US Administrations over the decades to ratchet up significant pressure on Israel at times where Israeli military actions are significantly increasing regional tensions and US Foreign Policy is pushing for de-escalation.

It's almost an old running cliche in Washington that at some point the US will increasingly move to put pressure on Israel to hit the breaks, and that there are limited windows of opportunity and time frames for Israel to engage in extensive military activities before the US starts to reign in such activities.

Let's face it... the last US Administration which really put a significant amount of heavy lifting into resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict was the Clinton Administration, which came really close to a deal which both the Israeli Government and the Palestinian Authority could agree upon.

Alas those days are over, but yet still today the US still holds the most significant sway within the region, as opposed to any other power (England, France, Russia, China, Turkey, etc...) when it comes to trying to keep the s**t from getting out of control.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 ... 300  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies