Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:11:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 313
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 222502 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 07, 2023, 01:34:48 PM »

Dumb move by Palestine but I’ll not shed fake tears for Israel considering all the history of this conflict either. That’s exactly what they were waiting and hoping for, some excuse to get into direct war without getting too bad of a PR in the West. Would honestly be wonderful if both sides could lose. We’re talking about an imperialist apartheid regime oppressing an Islamic theocracy that violates the human rights of minorities.

Naturally, the Western and White Imperialist countries will side with Israel because that’s who they identify with better and the Islamic Dictatorships will side with Palestine because it’s the one culturally closer to them as well.

India sides with Israel here. So there goes your bs global south alliance

Yeah because its led by a hindu extremist that happens to be an islamophobe.

Doesnt mean that india will back the west in another conflict.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #301 on: October 07, 2023, 01:34:54 PM »

Civilians who survived the attack on a big outdoor party tell of terrorists shooting at people who were raising their hands and begging for mercy. If some tankies here want to know what not to shed any tears for
The same ones who held a picnic and cheered on airstrikes on Gaza last time this happened, or different ones?

I’m just asking you people to have some basic empathy for people experiencing horror amd cruelty. It’s not that hard.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #302 on: October 07, 2023, 01:37:41 PM »

Civilians who survived the attack on a big outdoor party tell of terrorists shooting at people who were raising their hands and begging for mercy. If some tankies here want to know what not to shed any tears for
The same ones who held a picnic and cheered on airstrikes on Gaza last time this happened, or different ones?
Is this supposed to somehow justify the extrajudicial murder of civilians? Personally I still have somewhat of a problem with it, I don’t know about you.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #303 on: October 07, 2023, 01:38:05 PM »

It also doesn't help that Israeli forces have been tied down protecting colonial settlements in the West Bank rather than actually defending the border.

Don't misread me: I'm not saying that Israel, or the Israeli people especially, deserve this. I am saying the shocking lack of readiness on the part of the government is a direct consequence of their shortsighted and stupid actions in recent years. I don't even know how it's possible for an attack of this scale to be coordinated in 2023 without someone tipping something off.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #304 on: October 07, 2023, 01:38:10 PM »

I’m just asking you people to have some basic empathy for people experiencing horror amd cruelty. It’s not that hard.
I don't condone targeted attacks on civilians, but none of the moralizing here care a bit about what's been done to Gaza over the past twenty or so years. Even in this current flare-up, the IDF has killed more Palestinian civilians than Hamas has Israeli civilians (most of whom, mind you, voted for parties that want to continue or expand the occupation)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #305 on: October 07, 2023, 01:38:59 PM »

A massacre is a massacre is a massacre and so on, but people should note that a lot of the villages that bore the brunt of this are Kibbutzim and the like.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #306 on: October 07, 2023, 01:39:05 PM »

Both sides experience horror and cruelty.

And yes i feel sorry for Israelis who want peace and dont want anything to do with this.

But a peace means treating Palestinians well, in the West Bank too, which isn't happening as of now and something the international community doesnt care about.

It also doesnt mean killing thousands of innocent civilians. Palestinuans and gazans are people too.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #307 on: October 07, 2023, 01:39:13 PM »

Dumb move by Palestine but I’ll not shed fake tears for Israel considering all the history of this conflict either. That’s exactly what they were waiting and hoping for, some excuse to get into direct war without getting too bad of a PR in the West. Would honestly be wonderful if both sides could lose. We’re talking about an imperialist apartheid regime oppressing an Islamic theocracy that violates the human rights of minorities.

Naturally, the Western and White Imperialist countries will side with Israel because that’s who they identify with better and the Islamic Dictatorships will side with Palestine because it’s the one culturally closer to them as well.

Lmao it’s so funny how you dense you people are about geopolitics. Are you even aware of India-Pakistan tensions?

You keep having this automatic alignment “side” mentality inherited from Cold War without not even grasping the concept of current multilateralism.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2023, 01:39:27 PM »

It also doesn't help that Israeli forces have been tied down protecting colonial settlements in the West Bank rather than actually defending the border.

Don't misread me: I'm not saying that Israel, or the Israeli people especially, deserve this. I am saying the shocking lack of readiness on the part of the government is a direct consequence of their shortsighted and stupid actions in recent years. I don't even know how it's possible for an attack of this scale to be coordinated in 2023 without someone tipping something off.
I agree
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2023, 01:42:11 PM »

Lmao it’s so funny how you dense you people are about geopolitics. Are you even aware of India-Pakistan tensions?

You keep having this automatic alignment “side” mentality inherited from Cold War without not even grasping the concept of current multilateralism.
You are the one who talks about the global north vs south like it is some second cold war, OSR may have the geopolitical understanding of a toddler but you are throwing crayons from your own crib.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2023, 01:42:46 PM »

According to the Times of Israel, the Israeli death toll has risen to at least 200. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-october-7-2023/
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2023, 01:42:54 PM »

Civilians do not deserve to be killed because of their political beliefs, no matter how repugnant they are. Not a hard concept. I have not minced words when it comes to people who support Russia, or those who sit on the sidelines, they don’t deserve to be killed.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2023, 01:43:18 PM »

Hopefully we stay the hell out and don't give Israel a cent.

Hopefully we give Israel , air support

Israel isn't asking for any military support. This isn't Ukraine. Hamas is a massively outgunned, incredibly vicious enemy with no chance of victory but every chance of causing immense suffering. It's closer to 9/11 than Pearl Harbor or anything else, in that the attacked country will now take the gloves off.

The US is needed for exactly two things - regular Iron Dome replenishment, which is already assumed, and a firm grip on its UN veto pen. But this isn't their war and Israel doesn't want it to be.

The US has given Israel an abundance of military support over the years, including the F-35s, free of charge.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2023, 01:46:08 PM »

Israel isn't asking for any military support. This isn't Ukraine. Hamas is a massively outgunned, incredibly vicious enemy with no chance of victory but every chance of causing immense suffering. It's closer to 9/11 than Pearl Harbor or anything else, in that the attacked country will now take the gloves off.

The US is needed for exactly two things - regular Iron Dome replenishment, which is already assumed, and a firm grip on its UN veto pen. But this isn't their war and Israel doesn't want it to be.

The US has given Israel an abundance of military support over the years, including the F-35s, free of charge.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but some paranoid or ill-intentioned people seem to be pushing the elaborate conspiracy theory that the US will be asked to send troops to help Israel beat Hamas, a band of feral sadists that only continue to exist because the US and other allies of Israel actively get Israel to limit its response to attacks.
Aurelius2
United States

« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2023, 01:46:49 PM »

Yes, they are a great beta tester for US materiel. This is not nearly as one-sided a relationship as some make it out to be.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2023, 01:46:59 PM »

You are the one who talks about the global north vs south like it is some second cold war, OSR may have the geopolitical understanding of a toddler but you are throwing crayons from your own crib.

On economic interests, we definitely have very direct opposing interests between the countries that want to emerge and the ones that want to protect their standing.

Doesn’t mean interests cannot align on multiple other matters, including well, Culture and Religion. Economic independence is one major thing but there are tons of others.

If anyone sees India position on Israel as “siding with the West” and NOT about “opening precedents in their dispute with Islamic Pakistan” then they’re just being ignorant or pretending to be. India is an independent country that deserves much more respect for its agency than the one you people give to it.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #316 on: October 07, 2023, 01:48:22 PM »

The same ones who had been hiding from Hamas rockets for years before that?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #317 on: October 07, 2023, 01:49:12 PM »

Civilians do not deserve to be killed because of their political beliefs, no matter how repugnant they are. Not a hard concept. I have not minced words when it comes to people who support Russia, or those who sit on the sidelines, they don’t deserve to be killed.
The drunk guy who picks up a rattlesnake doesn't deserve to die either.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2023, 01:50:48 PM »

You made it pretty clear you thought they did deserve it.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #319 on: October 07, 2023, 01:52:09 PM »

Actions having consequences is a description, not a prescription.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #320 on: October 07, 2023, 01:52:39 PM »

On economic interests, we definitely have very direct opposing interests between the countries that want to emerge and the ones that want to protect their standing.

Doesn’t mean interests cannot align on multiple other matters, including well, Culture and Religion. Economic independence is one major thing but there are tons of others.
This…actually is fair. Don’t get me wrong, I still hold the same outright despise about of you and everything you stand for, but forgive me I misunderstood your geopolitical awareness.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #321 on: October 07, 2023, 01:53:28 PM »

Terrible, terrible, terrible. Hundreds of people have already died, and I fear the count will continue to skyrocket. And this was completely out of the blue, not like the Ukraine war at all. Hopefully it doesn't spill over into other countries.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #322 on: October 07, 2023, 01:53:44 PM »

Actions having consequences is a description, not a prescription.
Sure bucko. Killing civilians, is bad actually. You’re not smart or nuanced or enlightened because you’re equivocating over this
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #323 on: October 07, 2023, 01:53:58 PM »

LOL
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #324 on: October 07, 2023, 01:54:10 PM »

If anyone sees India position on Israel as “siding with the West” and NOT about “opening precedents in their dispute with Islamic Pakistan” then they’re just being ignorant or pretending to be. India is an independent country that deserves much more respect for its agency than the one you people give to it.

Yes but its the same reason why India wouldnt side with China over the US like you keep implying lol. India's geopolitical interests are directly threatened by China
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 313  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies