Israel-Gaza war
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 12:58:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel-Gaza war
« previous next »
Thread note
MODERATOR WARNING: Any kind of inappropriate posts, including support for indiscriminate killing of civilians, and severe personal attacks against other posters will not be tolerated.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 332
Author Topic: Israel-Gaza war  (Read 243724 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: October 12, 2023, 03:05:06 PM »

The formation of the narrow war cabinet means that Smotrich and Ben Gvir will not have a say over major war decisions. Judicial reform will be off the agenda for the duration of the emergency government. Gantz has been bitten before, yes, but this situation is quite obviously different and it seems that he has the maturity to recognize that the survival of the nation is more important than his own ego or personal feelings toward Netanyahu. As I see it Lapid is acting in a way that suggests his own political prospects are a significant motivator, which is disappointing in a national emergency of this scale. It's one thing to demand an emergency government excluding Otzma+RZ (perfectly reasonable). It's much less reasonable to refuse to join a government that contains the people responsible for the intelligence failure - while he is right that the failure is galling, I don't see how having Netanyahu and the current government resign *in the middle of this crisis* will help matters.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1826 on: October 12, 2023, 03:07:49 PM »

Daniel Ryan Spaulding

Opinion of Hamas

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyP3PZVNojp/
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1827 on: October 12, 2023, 03:17:00 PM »

"I'm being Kafka trapped! I'm being Kafka trapped!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1828 on: October 12, 2023, 03:24:00 PM »

Hamas killed babies and Israel is blowing up babies in retaliation, everything sucks and I’m depressed. At the end of the day Palestine has a right to be a nation and how Israel treats them is abhorrent but anyone with a soul left can’t in good faith defend or justify what Hamas has done
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1829 on: October 12, 2023, 03:43:51 PM »

People in this thread speculating about the future of Gaza should read what's linked below. Some people in the Israeli right are taking about reoccupying the Gaza Strip, establishing settlements and the ethnic cleansing of hundreds of thousands ("whoever chooses to go out, has gone out")

omar04

« Reply #1830 on: October 12, 2023, 04:02:53 PM »

45 Palestinians killed in airstrike on house, Gaza ministry says

https://apnews.com/live/israel-hamas-war-live-updates#0000018b-255b-d853-a3af-2dfb0f880000
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1831 on: October 12, 2023, 04:31:26 PM »

Wow.
I can not believe these two women survived this cross-fire attack without being shot.
They must both feel very lucky.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1832 on: October 12, 2023, 04:35:00 PM »

Hamas killed babies and Israel is blowing up babies in retaliation, everything sucks and I’m depressed. At the end of the day Palestine has a right to be a nation and how Israel treats them is abhorrent but anyone with a soul left can’t in good faith defend or justify what Hamas has done

This is where I'm at too. Everything sucks.
WalterWhite
United States
Political Matrix
E: -9.35, S: -9.83

P
« Reply #1833 on: October 12, 2023, 04:38:37 PM »

Which is why the United States should be as accepting of refugees as possible
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1834 on: October 12, 2023, 04:40:48 PM »

I've been vocal about my distaste for Hamas and my wish that it be completely annihilated, but how come we don't have people chasing down pro-Israel posters ITT demanding that they denounce the IDF's killings of civilians the same way we have demanded that anyone who supports Palestinian independence denounce Hamas? For all the talk of baby murders, a baby dies whether it's shot by Hamas or bombed by the IDF. Civilian deaths in this conflict are already mostly Palestinian, and it's only going to get worse for Palestinians. And please don't give me the "human shields" crap. It is completely impossible that Israel has enough verified Hamas targets to be dropping 1,000 bombs a day for 6 days now with no sign of stopping. Everyone, even Israel, agrees that this is terror bombing.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1835 on: October 12, 2023, 05:17:31 PM »

I've been vocal about my distaste for Hamas and my wish that it be completely annihilated, but how come we don't have people chasing down pro-Israel posters ITT demanding that they denounce the IDF's killings of civilians the same way we have demanded that anyone who supports Palestinian independence denounce Hamas? For all the talk of baby murders, a baby dies whether it's shot by Hamas or bombed by the IDF. Civilian deaths in this conflict are already mostly Palestinian, and it's only going to get worse for Palestinians. And please don't give me the "human shields" crap. It is completely impossible that Israel has enough verified Hamas targets to be dropping 1,000 bombs a day for 6 days now with no sign of stopping. Everyone, even Israel, agrees that this is terror bombing.

Some posters here truly believe that Israeli lives are simply more precious than Palestinian lives. Many Evangelical Christians think this as they consider Jewish people special and vital for their nihilistic, bloodthirsty end times fantasies. Fuzzy has all but admitted that he cares about Israeli children more than Palestinian children, he said as much in the recent bans megathread.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1836 on: October 12, 2023, 05:23:59 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2023, 05:35:21 PM by Zinneke »

Just posting this not because I think the IDF should just stop, they do have a right to enter Gaza and remove Hamas. But look at the level of bombing and tell me it is proportionate when it 6 times the amount of bombs used against ISIS in a month by the West.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1837 on: October 12, 2023, 05:24:49 PM »

Which is why the United States should be as accepting of refugees as possible

I'm generally an immigration skeptic, and have gotten into it with many left of center folks about the pros and cons of mass immigration. Still, Israel would not be capable of such total destruction if we hadn't been propping them up for 75 years. I think we should welcome as many Gazan refugees as possible. We owe them.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1838 on: October 12, 2023, 05:30:24 PM »

I think I speak for all neutral parties when I say that I really expected a much less brutal cataclysmic race war. I’m shocked by the disturbing and uncharitable behavior we’re seeing from the participants in this latest edition of the Genocide Olympics. Not at all sporting.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #1839 on: October 12, 2023, 05:39:43 PM »

I'm sorry, why was my post deleted when I asked how many terrorists? How the heck is that trolling?

You mods let blatant insults fly in this thread and when I ask about how many terrorists were killed in a strike it gets deleted?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1840 on: October 12, 2023, 05:42:13 PM »

I think I speak for all neutral parties when I say that I really expected a much less brutal cataclysmic race war. I’m shocked by the disturbing and uncharitable behavior we’re seeing from the participants in this latest edition of the Genocide Olympics. Not at all sporting.

I didn't.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1841 on: October 12, 2023, 05:50:46 PM »

I didn't.

I ultimately chose not to explicitly tag my post as sarcasm because I couldn’t imagine it would possibly go over anyone’s head.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1842 on: October 12, 2023, 06:29:53 PM »

The end of roof knocking and the scale of the current bombing should have made this obvious, but...
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1843 on: October 12, 2023, 06:41:31 PM »

I didn't.

I ultimately chose not to explicitly tag my post as sarcasm because I couldn’t imagine it would possibly go over anyone’s head.

Ok
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1844 on: October 12, 2023, 06:56:15 PM »

US trying to broker deals to prevent conflict from spreading:

"The discussions between Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman about the Palestinian-Israeli conflict are “helpful,” a senior State Department official said Wednesday.

The United States has been asking key allies to talk to Israel’s adversaries to prevent the war with Hamas from escalating into a larger regional conflict
."

"The discussion between Raisi and Mohammed was the first call between the two leaders since their countries, which are longtime adversaries, resumed ties after a China-brokered détente in March."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/11/israel-hamas-war-updates-gaza-attack/
A rare ray of sunshine in a dark tunnel.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1845 on: October 12, 2023, 07:23:17 PM »

I'm gonna be real, as someone who wholeheartedly supports Palestinian liberation, I find the constant arguments over the baby beheadings totally counterproductive and really emblematic of the failures of the pro-Palestinian left here. This is just me personally, but I suspect I am not in the minority when I say that I am mostly against baby killing in itself – the issue of whether the babies were beheaded is of comparatively minor importance. Therefore, when I see person 1 go "Hamas beheaded babies" and person 2 go "that's not true, they definitely killed babies, but there's no confirmation of beheadings" I instantly become less sympathetic to person 2. Anyone killing babies is bad and doesn't need to be defended.

The problem with that mindset is that if person 1 is being dishonest and trying to inflame the situation while being unchallenged over minor details, they can retain credibility which they can use to escalate to geater and greater levels of disinformation. In this case no propaganda is needed as Hamas is villanous enough on it's own, but the prinicple that both sides, especially when involving governments should be assumed to be lying unless they peovide tangible evidence is not a bad one.
Agreed.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1846 on: October 12, 2023, 07:25:23 PM »

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1847 on: October 12, 2023, 07:32:14 PM »

If this is confirmed, forget financial crimes and corruption, if the Israelis are serious about holding those responsible for these attacks other than the direct perpetrators like Hamas through negligence to account, BiBi should be facing court martial / treason charges. The bastard.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1848 on: October 12, 2023, 07:45:56 PM »

[tweet]

The end of roof knocking and the scale of the current bombing should have made this obvious, but...

I heard about the scale of the bombing campaign and immediately thought of Tokyo—demoralization through absolute devastation. Has there been anything close to that since?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1849 on: October 12, 2023, 08:05:56 PM »

Just posting this not because I think the IDF should just stop, they do have a right to enter Gaza and remove Hamas. But look at the level of bombing and tell me it is proportionate when it 6 times the amount of bombs used against ISIS in a month by the West.
What a disingenuous comparison again. Imagine comparing the landmass of a city-state like Gaza to the landmass of an entire desert with a few settlements in it, where no doubt all of the anti-ISIS coalition's bombs dropped. The comparison becomes much fairer if you only take into account urban areas. Gotta wonder why "Charles" doesn't make this fair comparison?

Apart from that, after 6,000 bombs, apparently there are only 1,420 victims (not all civilian, mind you). This means most bombs have hit targets with 0 victims. Israel is eradicating Hamas with as few civilian victims as possible!

Now please wonder how many victims there would be if Hamas had the capability of dropping 6,000 bombs in urban areas in Israel. Guess how many victims there would be? That's the difference between Israel and Hamas to you.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 ... 332  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies