Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:38:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X"  (Read 12628 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2023, 12:39:42 PM »

Twitter is not the town square. I'm so annoyed by people on either side saying that. It's an obnoxious, poorly designed website that is used exclusively by stupid people. It would be about as relevant as Tumblr if not for the fact that media pundits and politicians loved it so much and forced it down our throats. If it's such a great source of information then Twitter users would not be less informed on important issues than people who get their news from real sources. The idea that "all the world's news is on X" is absolutely delusional.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2023, 12:44:15 PM »

Twitter is not the town square. I'm so annoyed by people on either side saying that. It's an obnoxious, poorly designed website that is used exclusively by stupid people. It would be about as relevant as Tumblr if not for the fact that media pundits and politicians loved it so much and forced it down our throats. If it's such a great source of information then Twitter users would not be less informed on important issues than people who get their news from real sources. The idea that "all the world's news is on X" is absolutely delusional.

They have spent so much time marinating in internet culture that they've lost all contact with reality. These are the people who will welcome the world of Ready Player One with open arms.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2023, 12:44:24 PM »

Twitter is not the town square. I'm so annoyed by people on either side saying that. It's an obnoxious, poorly designed website that is used exclusively by stupid people.

Since you keep saying this, would you mind clarifying what you mean by using it.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2023, 12:45:03 PM »

They have spent so much time marinating in internet culture that they've lost all contact with reality. These are the people who will welcome the world of Ready Player One with open arms.

Guy with 17,433 posts on an internet forum
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2023, 12:45:51 PM »

Guy with 17,433 posts on an internet forum

And every single one is a gem.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2023, 12:50:18 PM »

Twitter is not the town square. I'm so annoyed by people on either side saying that. It's an obnoxious, poorly designed website that is used exclusively by stupid people.

Since you keep saying this, would you mind clarifying what you mean by using it.

There are varying degrees, of course, but I'd define "using it" as typing the url into your web browser (or opening the app) and reading the things that are posted there.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2023, 12:52:41 PM »

There are varying degrees, of course, but I'd define "using it" as typing the url into your web browser (or opening the app) and reading the things that are posted there.

In which years did only stupid people do that?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2023, 12:53:53 PM »

In which years did only stupid people do that?

I first heard about Twitter back in 2011 but I think it's been around longer.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2023, 12:55:02 PM »

2007. Ok so you're saying anybody who ever typed in a twitter url ever was a stupid person?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2023, 12:58:04 PM »

2007. Ok so you're saying anybody who ever typed in a twitter url ever was a stupid person?

That might be a bit extreme, but I think it's probably close.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2023, 12:59:59 PM »

Oh right. Totally see where you're coming from there. I'm just going to type in x urls from now on so I won't be stupid anymore.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2023, 01:04:03 PM »

Twitter isn’t as much a “town square” as it is a place to scream into the void and wait for the void to scream back
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2023, 01:06:00 PM »

Oh right. Totally see where you're coming from there. I'm just going to type in x urls from now on so I won't be stupid anymore.

Not a good joke. Twitter users also tend to think they're more clever than they actually are.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2023, 01:12:12 PM »

Yeah I'm still coming out of the stupid so you gotta bear with me.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2023, 01:19:00 PM »

Twitter isn’t as much a “town square” as it is a place to scream into the void and wait for the void to scream back

cc: Irony Oremine

Nobody who posts on Atlas can claim to be better than anyone who posts on X.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #165 on: September 21, 2023, 01:26:15 PM »

Are we treating this as some kind of either/or? I'm sure most Atlas users have a Twitter* account, albeit mine is one that I've curated to mostly be a place for my non-political hobbies.

*No one actually calls it X and heatcharger is being a tryhard contrarian--real knows real. Even Elon himself slips up sometimes.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2023, 01:28:29 PM »

Actually I have a question, how did you post this without using Twitter?

Lol

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=379281.msg7572786#msg7572786
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #167 on: September 21, 2023, 01:52:39 PM »

This site may be dumb at times, but at least the length of the responses and the particular issues it discusses raises the level of discourse above 240 characters of retardation. The users who drag us down to Twitter's level typically get banned quickly.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2023, 02:01:51 PM »

Actually I have a question, how did you post this without using Twitter?

Lol

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=379281.msg7572786#msg7572786

I know, I'm not proud of it. At least I have the decency to have a low opinion of myself for being part of the problem. Although, in my defense I appear to be mocking the false prophet Nate Silver in that post. 
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2023, 02:03:06 PM »

I think a better conclusion is that one is not stupid for using Twitter, not that you are  stupid because you used it once.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2023, 02:10:19 PM »

I think a better conclusion is that one is not stupid for using Twitter, not that you are  stupid because you used it once.

No, I shouldn't get a free pass here. On 9/11 of 2020 I was overwhelmed by my desire to humiliate Nate Silver so I posted one of his tweets in order to illustrate how out of control he'd gotten. I should've known better. I'm older now, and while I haven't matured at all since then, I have reformed and no longer post tweets. I don't click on the website either. Even if I am following Arizona election results from that guy with the muppets avatar I use alternative websites to see his posts so as not to support the platform.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2023, 02:20:49 PM »

Ok but do you understand that, even with your explanation there, by doing that that one time, even though you had a logical reason for doing so, by your previous statements you are saying that you have subpar intelligence and always have?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #172 on: September 21, 2023, 02:37:23 PM »

Ok but do you understand that, even with your explanation there, by doing that that one time, even though you had a logical reason for doing so, by your previous statements you are saying that you have subpar intelligence and always have?

This is what it looks like when a Last Jedi enjoyer tries to be clever and pedantic.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: September 21, 2023, 02:39:06 PM »

This site may be dumb at times, but at least the length of the responses and the particular issues it discusses raises the level of discourse above 240 characters of retardation. The users who drag us down to Twitter's level typically get banned quickly.

The forum’s most beloved character is a homeless black guy who posts incoherent nonsense, and we love him. And I haven’t even mentioned BRTD…

I disagree that discourse is significantly better on here than X. Memes and dunks are rewarded with likes on both platforms, encouraging users to post more of them. But luckily on both Atlas and X you have users who are interested in niche topics willing to share information about it. Both sites are valuable for this reason.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #174 on: September 21, 2023, 02:41:56 PM »

This is what it looks like when a Last Jedi enjoyer tries to be clever and pedantic.

I guess you don't actually have me on ignore (thank you) but I thought his post was honest and was trying to make progress on this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies