Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:37:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Author Topic: Elon Musty changing Twitter branding and logo to "X"  (Read 11336 times)
Electric Circus
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2023, 08:30:22 PM »

Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Forget any arguments around whether there is a profitable business proposition behind these designs. Who cares? We don't really know anything. It's not even clear what the platform is anymore, other than an insidious force bound to the will of its master alone.

We are fortunate that Elon acts like such a clown. Twitter is one of the most powerful cybernetic systems that the world has ever seen. Anyone interested in using that power to its full potential, rather than immediately burning through it with epic shenanigans, would be horrifying.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2023, 09:04:29 PM »

Absolute buffoon. How did he get so rich?Huh??
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2023, 09:09:31 PM »

ITT: People thinking they have better decision making skills than the richest man on Earth.
Imagine being a fanboy of Musty lol.

Also, wealth =/= smart decision-making skills.
Being a fan of Musk isn't actually a rare thing outside of America. He is quite popular with science/tech students in my country. The only reason I know that he's controversial is that I happen to follow American politics. Ordinary people who aren't very political see him as a visionary. There's even a painting of him on the walls of my college.

He’s not “controversial” cause he became a right wing nut job before covid. He’s “controversial” cause he’s an asshole. Remember when he over-engineered a “solution” to the Thai cave rescue and when turned down he went on a rampage calling the lead guy a pedo?
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2023, 10:08:42 PM »

Elon Musk is the hero we didn’t want, but the hero we needed. Which other billionaire else would spend 44 billions ending Twitter, Twitter have been a plague on modern society since the talking class discovered it existed and used it to make public discourse even stupider than it was. But one man saw it and spend his money taking it down in the kind of clusterf**k which it cán nerver rise out of again.

I googled the talking class to figure out what you're talking about and what comes up are videos of kids talking in class and an article on the science of talking in class.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2023, 10:10:56 PM »

Elon Musk is the hero we didn’t want, but the hero we needed. Which other billionaire else would spend 44 billions ending Twitter, Twitter have been a plague on modern society since the talking class discovered it existed and used it to make public discourse even stupider than it was. But one man saw it and spend his money taking it down in the kind of clusterf**k which it cán nerver rise out of again.

I google the talking class to figure out what you're talking about and hat comes up are videos of kids talking in class and an article on the science of talking in class.
It might be a Euro English term.
He might be meaning something akin to this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattering_classes
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2023, 11:16:03 PM »

I googled the talking class to figure out what you're talking about and what comes up are videos of kids talking in class and an article on the science of talking in class.

Pundits, we're talking about pundits.

OP's point is, of course, nonsense. You don't light 44 billion dollars on fire just to make a point about pundits.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2023, 11:17:52 PM »

ITT: People thinking they have better decision making skills than the richest man on Earth.

I've never spent $44 billion on a product that is worth maybe a tenth of that so...
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2023, 12:10:51 AM »

Rich parents, going to the right school, being interested in the internet at the start of the internet boom, and then being lucky.

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2023, 01:09:44 AM »

His father, Errol Musk, was an engineer and property developer in South Africa, and half owner of an emerald mine in Zambia.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2023, 05:04:51 AM »

He is smart.

Elon told Donald Trump to rebrand "Truth Social" to "Trumpet".
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2023, 08:08:31 AM »

I’d prefer xChan myself.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2023, 08:13:12 AM »

He reminds me of Steve Jobs - a weirdo by most means who got rich.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2023, 09:33:28 AM »

Seems like a distraction and won't make stuff better.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2023, 09:36:09 AM »

Elon Musk rebrands Twitter as X

In a radical rebranding, Twitter owner Elon Musk has replaced Twitter’s iconic bird logo with X.

Musk made the shock announcement of his plans early Sunday. By Monday morning US time, he tweeted that X.com now points to Twitter.com.

“Interim X logo goes live later today,” he wrote, shortly before sharing a photo of Twitter’s headquarters lit up by a giant new X.

The Twitter website now features the same logo, while the familiar blue bird is gone.

Previously, Musk said he was bidding “adieu to the twitter brand and, gradually, all the birds.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/24/tech/twitter-rebrands-x-elon-musk-hnk-intl/index.html
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2023, 10:20:34 AM »

Musk didn’t steal proprietary software from Xerox to my knowledge
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2023, 10:27:02 AM »

Musk didn’t steal proprietary software from Xerox to my knowledge

He just took his dad’s blood money, wrote some crappy code for PayPal that had to be completely re-written after he sold the company and made a crap ton more off of not actually doing anything of value.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2023, 10:40:15 AM »

I don't know if it's a good or bad move only time will tell.  Musk has repeatedly said he wants to create a super app where people can communicate and do financial transactions. This is what he envisioned pre-PayPal with his old startup X. But PayPal pivoted to payments and Musk has stated technology was not ready at the time to do everything he conceptualized.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2023, 12:09:57 PM »

Meh. We've gone through three or four cycles of people asserting that this was the thing that Musk was doing that would bring down the platform. We've seen several competitors rise and fall while the vast, vast majority of users have remained active on the original platform. At this point anybody who is asserting a change in the name and logo will have any substantial effect is wrong and just stroking their Musk-hatred.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2023, 12:30:59 PM »

That said Marcus Licinius Crassus was the richest man on earth before he led an entire Roman legion to an ignominious defeat against parthia, and had his head chopped off and filled with molten gold.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2023, 01:21:03 PM »

Interesting.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2023, 01:30:00 PM »

Corporate subsidies from the people you vote for.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2023, 01:33:42 PM »

Meh. We've gone through three or four cycles of people asserting that this was the thing that Musk was doing that would bring down the platform. We've seen several competitors rise and fall while the vast, vast majority of users have remained active on the original platform. At this point anybody who is asserting a change in the name and logo will have any substantial effect is wrong and just stroking their Musk-hatred.

I don't think it's going to bring it down but I do think it's a dumb decision, changing the name to a letter.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2023, 01:43:32 PM »

I don't think it's going to bring it down but I do think it's a dumb decision, changing the name to a letter.

Sure, it's kinda dumb, but it seems ultimately inconsequential, especially compared to a number of other features he and his team implemented since he acquired it.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2023, 01:51:32 PM »

Sure, it's kinda dumb, but it seems ultimately inconsequential, especially compared to a number of other features he and his team implemented since he acquired it.

yeah if he keeps the website twitter.com which it still seems to be, and does not rename tweets, it might not matter much.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2023, 02:26:21 PM »

yeah if he keeps the website twitter.com which it still seems to be, and does not rename tweets, it might not matter much.
He owns the domain "x.com", I believe that his end goal is to turn twitter.com into x.com.

Entering "x.com" into the search bar redirects you to Twitter. Muskrat is a complete moron.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies