NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:56:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 ... 175
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 76

Author Topic: NY: Convicted Felon Donald Trump!  (Read 109882 times)
GM Team Member and Acting PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4175 on: June 01, 2024, 03:10:57 PM »

I think this (or something very similar) was posted already
Yoda
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4176 on: June 01, 2024, 03:49:26 PM »

Is Murkowski the ONLY Republican elected official so far who didn't defend Trump and denounce his conviction?

Larry Hogan, but he was almost IMMEDIATELY promised to be ostracized from the party by the trump sycophants. His crime was saying that we should "respect the verdict."
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4177 on: June 01, 2024, 03:53:10 PM »

Is Murkowski the ONLY Republican elected official so far who didn't defend Trump and denounce his conviction?

Larry Hogan, but he was almost IMMEDIATELY promised to be ostracized from the party by the trump sycophants. His crime was saying that we should "respect the verdict."

Moreover, he even said that (very) shortly before the verdict was announced.

The funny thing is he clearly intentionally did so to try to avoid or limit that blowback, but he suffered that blowback nonetheless.

The Republican party is, literally, a cult.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4178 on: June 01, 2024, 05:04:31 PM »

Meh, Murkowski of course wasn't a sycophant like many of the GOPers, but her statement was still gross. She's trying to have it both ways and make this somehow still about Biden- which is extremely ridiculous of her for many reasons, but especially given that she literally owes her re-election to Democrats, and yet she continues to give them nothing. She owes Republicans nothing either, and yet she still basically sided with Trump, just without being up his ass about it like most other senators.
Reaganfan Democrat
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4179 on: June 01, 2024, 05:32:03 PM »

Love Blago.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4180 on: June 01, 2024, 05:33:26 PM »

Yeah well Trump's former lawyer Joe Tacopina, who worked for him on this case, said Biden had nothing to do with the case and couldn't have anything to do with the case.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4181 on: June 01, 2024, 05:56:27 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2024, 06:14:53 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I see he's dyeing his hair again.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4182 on: June 01, 2024, 06:23:49 PM »

Hogan is a private citizen now. I mean elected officials who are currently serving.
GAinDC

« Reply #4183 on: June 01, 2024, 06:45:27 PM »

If your side has to trot out a disgraced felon most people have forgotten about to do damage control, you know it’s been a bad week.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4184 on: June 01, 2024, 07:03:04 PM »

Pretty hysterical to use this guy in an argument about the politicizing justice when he's a Democrat who was charged, tried, and convicted when Obama was president, and then had his sentence commuted by Trump.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4185 on: June 01, 2024, 07:08:39 PM »

Pretty hysterical to use this guy in an argument about the politicizing justice when he's a Democrat who was charged, tried, and convicted when Obama was president, and then had his sentence commuted by Trump.

Santander is being a low effort troll at the moment, not his best work.
GM Team Member and Acting PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #4186 on: June 01, 2024, 07:11:16 PM »

I never take anything Santander says seriously. he just makes these posts while flying first class on every airline he can while laughing at everyone taking the bait. I do at least respect his consistency in doing that.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4187 on: June 01, 2024, 07:19:29 PM »

I never take anything Santander says seriously. he just makes these posts while flying first class on every airline he can while laughing at everyone taking the bait. I do at least respect his consistency in doing that.

So true.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4188 on: June 01, 2024, 08:47:32 PM »

Has all these years any poster debased himself more than OSR the last 24 hours?
At least his anti-Trump facade won't be fooling anyone any more.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4189 on: June 01, 2024, 08:50:42 PM »

Has all these years any poster debased himself more than OSR the last 24 hours?
At least his anti-Trump facade won't be fooling anyone any more.

I made the same argument in March of this year and as President Johnson can confirm I had made these arguments in late 2020 as well when Trump was first being investigated for this .

So I’m consistent on this
I can attest to this.
The way people are impugning you is ludicrous and detached from reality likewise.
Like the only attitude anyone could legitimately express is one that aligns with their own.
Silly if I say so myself.

Oh give it a rest, moderate hero. Osr is the only one detached from reality here. His takes on this are broken record level boneheaded, immune from any outside information which he utterly refuses to even acknowledge, and nothing more than partisan hackery.

He's being called out quite justifiably for reiterating the same talking points over and over without an ounce of analytical thinking, per usual, and there's nothing whatsoever wrong with that. If you don't like it, make an actual, you know, point as to why he's being treated unfairly as opposed to being rightly lampooned for Non-Stop foolishness. Otherwise go outside and touch grass.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4190 on: June 01, 2024, 08:52:43 PM »

^ Has any high-profile perpetrator of white collar crime ever shown remorse or accountability, like, ever?
I took a class on white collar crime last semester and a consistent theme from our guest speakers who were defense attorneys is that they found violent criminals are far easier to work with than white collar criminals. At least the former will acknowledge they did something bad

This makes perfect sense.  The type of person who commits white-collar crime - disproportionately older white men - aren't used to being told "no you can't just do whatever you want".  Consequences for their own actions are often an alien concept.

Older WEALTHY white men. Important distinction.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4191 on: June 01, 2024, 08:54:39 PM »

If Trump were being prosecuted for let's say, molesting an underage girl on Epstein Island, you would not see the kind of backlash we are seeing. People are rightfully angry at this verdict because anyone who isn't a democrat partisan can see how obviously political the whole charade is. If you are going to break a 250-year precedent of never prosecuting former presidents, it better be over something pretty damn serious. This trash out of Manhattan does not even come close to meeting that standard.

And I mention the Epstein scandal because there is sufficient evidence that Trump did in fact sexually abuse an underage girl being trafficked by that POS, at least enough to warrant an investigation. And this actually would be a case that would legitimately destroy Trump politically. Everyone agrees child molestation is a horrific crime worthy of punishment, you have a clear victim who was physically harmed, and solid evidence and credible witnesses (unlike say E Jean Carroll). I do wonder why Dems have never tried going after Trump over that?

What struck me is that not only virtually everyone I know who supports Trump thinks this case was a nothingburger and blatant partisan lawfare (which I expected), but even quite a few people who are on the fence about him have expressed the same. I'm not sure why they didn't pursue charges on something that would elicit a stronger disgust reaction from the voting public, other than maybe they were unsure if they could put a case together quickly enough.

One. They did?
Two. This is the only crime Bragg charged him with because it's the only one he committed in that jurisdiction, you see.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4192 on: June 01, 2024, 09:00:42 PM »

Truly I do not understand the "if they can come for Trump, they can come for you" line. Nobody has ever doubted that they can come for average Americans if they want to.

As CCR famously said: "when the band plays "Hail to the Chief," they point the cannon at you."

We know they can come for us. They always have, whether it was the 1877 railroad strike, the Battle of Blair Mountain, COINTRLPRO, or yes, both the George Floyd protests and January 6th. If anyone in the US doubts that they live under the authority of the federal government be it legitimately or capriciously, and that that government will act to reinforce that control, they are either extremely naive or extremely stupid.

What they never do is turn the canons around and go after the commander-in-chief. For the first time ever, the most powerful people are having to reckon with the consequences of the US not being authoritarian, but having the president be on the same level where the rest of us have always been. That's why yesterday was so special and why everyone who is not one of the six living US presidents should be celebrating it as one of the ultimate achievements of our democratic-republican system.

If Trump were being prosecuted for let's say, molesting an underage girl on Epstein Island, you would not see the kind of backlash we are seeing. People are rightfully angry at this verdict because anyone who isn't a democrat partisan can see how obviously political the whole charade is. If you are going to break a 250-year precedent of never prosecuting former presidents, it better be over something pretty damn serious. This trash out of Manhattan does not even come close to meeting that standard.

And I mention the Epstein scandal because there is sufficient evidence that Trump did in fact sexually abuse an underage girl being trafficked by that POS, at least enough to warrant an investigation. And this actually would be a case that would legitimately destroy Trump politically. Everyone agrees child molestation is a horrific crime worthy of punishment, you have a clear victim who was physically harmed, and solid evidence and credible witnesses (unlike say E Jean Carroll). I do wonder why Dems have never tried going after Trump over that?

One. There's no so-called backlash over this verdict, chief. Just rivers of Republican tears such as yours.

Two. You really don't get it, do you? This wasn't " Democrats going after Trump" for X versus Y versus z. It was Trump breaking the law and getting caught because he is the dumbest, most Brazen criminal we've probably seen in ages.

Three. Even to what nominal grain of salt point you had, you just proved why it doesn't matter. You abjected yourself to a new low by attacking a sexual assault victim because the guy who did it is the one you want to vote for for president, which says so much more about you than the judicial system were Eugene carroll, none of it good. The fact is as you richly demonstrate regardless of anything Trump is convicted of, scum inks Republicans will always ALWAYS find some cognitive dissonance excuse for his behavior so that they can still vote for him.

Hell, if he sexually assaulted their own family in front of them, one gathers the distinct impression people on this forum would offer Trump iced tea refreshment during the act. Too harsh? Prove me wrong, inks holes. Just once, prove me wrong.
Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #4193 on: June 01, 2024, 11:05:23 PM »

Politico has declared in a headline that "This reluctant prosecutor just made Donald Trump a felon." In America as in Germany, however, people are not happy at the Axel Springer-owned outlet for its overt spinniness. And no less a person than...

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4194 on: June 01, 2024, 11:08:54 PM »

Off topic (and I am under the suspicion you didn't mean that literally. Nonetheless....),but airliners are phasing out First Class in favor of Business Class and mini-suites.  

Just an FYI.  Smiley
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4195 on: June 01, 2024, 11:19:03 PM »

Politico has declared in a headline that "This reluctant prosecutor just made Donald Trump a felon." In America as in Germany, however, people are not happy at the Axel Springer-owned outlet for its overt spinniness. And no less a person than...

Bragg turned the case down at first, even Trump said this over and over in his press conference. It was only a year after taking office that he determined the case was worth pursuing.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4196 on: June 02, 2024, 01:58:40 AM »

When he's on his game he's amusing, but his low effort stuff like this is unworthy of his alias.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4197 on: June 02, 2024, 03:05:10 AM »

I get really frustrated with this forum from time to time (and really, the American political media landscape in general) because it really encapsulates American decadence. Secularism has undermined the values that hold our society together. People on both the left and the right have forgotten what it means to use power responsibly and to treat everyone with respect. And now we’re approaching a point where people are calling for taking power by means of revolution- without considering the consequences of making violence a socially acceptable of political expression. God help us.
>”People have forgotten what it means to use power responsibly!”
>”why yes, I think Ron DeSantis should be the Republican nominee for President…”

Yes Republicans want political power should be used to advance conservative public policy goals . That’s exactly why I supported him in the primary and why I think he’d be the most effective domestic policy president on the Republican side in the past 50 years outside Reagan.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4198 on: June 02, 2024, 03:13:37 AM »

Yes Republicans want political power should be used to advance conservative public policy goals . That’s exactly why I supported him in the primary and why I think he’d be the most effective domestic policy president on the Republican side in the past 50 years outside Reagan.

DeSantis would have been an effective president only if you think that the biggest problems America currently faces are wokeness in the movies and that gays have too much rights.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4199 on: June 02, 2024, 03:26:33 AM »

DeSantis would have been an effective president only if you think that the biggest problems America currently faces are wokeness in the movies and that gays have too much rights.

Florida is doing extremely well under his watch and his routinely ranked number 1 for education and number 1 in place to start a business:

https://thecreditreview.com/business-banking/25-best-us-metros-to-start-small-business

Anyway the reason hed be successful is he was the only one who had an actual plan too:

- Reign in the out of control bureaucracy and even move it in a conservative direction

- Reform Monetary Policy

- Make universities cosign on student loan debt(which would actually make higher education cheaper)

These 3 things would be huge and is something our nation needs.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 ... 175  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies