Unanswered Questions about the Tack Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 10:46:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Unanswered Questions about the Tack Administration
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Unanswered Questions about the Tack Administration  (Read 1202 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 08, 2023, 07:21:34 AM »

The President has a bad habit of ignoring public concerns, if only for clarification, not posting his platform as promised, etc. This thread is meant to increase transparency in the administration.

Here's a few to start with. Feel free to post your own.

Executive Order 58-008

Concerning proposed territory acquisition/i]

1. Persuant to SB 113-50 Greenland Act, Section 1, it is so ordered that the Republic of Atlasia shall no longer participate in the proposed international agreement with Denmark regarding the acquisition of Greenland.

2. The State Department is ordered to suspend any negotiations with the governments of Denmark and Greenland.

xTack50, President of the Republic of Atlasia

Here is an executive order to at least try to stop the dumb, dangerous and wasteful purchase of parts of a foreign country. What I shall call YT's folly Tongue

1. How is it dangerous?

Speaking of which, I've signed an executive order to empower the Secretary of state to renegotiate trade deals. I am not against free trade at all but these are old treaties that, at the very least, are due for a big revision that will better protect the workers of this country.

2. Do you think the jobs lost under NAFTA can come back or are they gone for good?

3. What is administration's policy agenda?

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 08:07:20 AM »

I'd never be able to speak for the administration on specifics, but I feel quite confident in broadly answering one of these bad-faith questions with the following response:

"to the left of whatever the right-wing chimeric abomination coup d'etat that's invaded PAX over the past 2 months has in store for Atlasia; what easily >80% of voters* who backed Our Dear President wanted by virtue of casting their votes accordingly"

*Being generous to PAXINOs & just trying to avoid and summarily dismiss with the inevitable & wholly impotent argument of "[right-winger & anti-Labor] PAXINOs made the difference in February 2023" in an election where they didn't have any structural or numerical majority; inverted, right-winger & anti-Labor PAXINOs on their own would've been lucky to garner 20% of the first round vote in a 1v1 against Reasonable Federalist President Cao!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 08:53:36 AM »

I'd never be able to speak for the administration on specifics, but I feel quite confident in broadly answering one of these bad-faith questions with the following response:

"to the left of whatever the right-wing chimeric abomination coup d'etat that's invaded PAX over the past 2 months has in store for Atlasia; what easily >80% of voters* who backed Our Dear President wanted by virtue of casting their votes accordingly"

*Being generous to PAXINOs & just trying to avoid and summarily dismiss with the inevitable & wholly impotent argument of "[right-winger & anti-Labor] PAXINOs made the difference in February 2023" in an election where they didn't have any structural or numerical majority; inverted, right-winger & anti-Labor PAXINOs on their own would've been lucky to garner 20% of the first round vote in a 1v1 against Reasonable Federalist President Cao!

I'm sure Peace will come sniveling back with this kind of talk. /s

And my questions weren't in bath faith, but whatever you want to believe.

The first was asking for clarification on a spurious, undefined claim, the second, just asking the President's opinion, and the third asking for specifics about the platform promised a month ago, before the election.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 08:58:24 AM »

And this is why you're in Third Place
Attorney General & LGC Deputy Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 11:07:17 AM »

How Pax would have done as the sole opposition to Cao or in a three way contest is immaterial. What is fact is that Tack won by a measly 5 vote margin. Flip myself, NYE, and Laki to Cao and Cao wins by a vote.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 11:10:06 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2023, 11:13:53 AM by Senator Classic Liminal »

How Pax would have done as the sole opposition to Cao or in a three way contest is immaterial. What is fact is that Tack won by a measly 5 vote margin. Flip myself, NYE, and Laki to Cao and Cao wins by a vote.

This man has the smallest brain I've ever seen (Adam I mean)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2023, 11:19:53 AM »

Another thread dedicated to hurling insults at each other from across the country on our computers. Hallelu!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 11:21:40 AM »

Tack rec'd Adam's post so apparently this President can come online to like his cronies' comments but can't answer days old questions which are pertinent or publish a promised platform within a month, or before the election.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2023, 11:23:45 AM »

Another thread dedicated to hurling insults at each other from across the country on our computers. Hallelu!

I started the thread over questions for the administration, not insults, in the interest of pushing discussion on the boards instead of on discord.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 11:33:17 AM »

I started the thread over questions for the administration, not insults, in the interest of pushing discussion on the boards instead of on discord.
Well I agree on the boards over Discord at least!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 01:46:17 PM »

Go do your homework, boy.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2023, 01:58:43 PM »

Actually he has an IQ of 140. Bickering aside, he's someone who manages to do great analysis about the current landscape and he understands people's motives well.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2023, 02:10:22 PM »

Actually he has an IQ of 140. Bickering aside, he's someone who manages to do great analysis about the current landscape and he understands people's motives well.

He spent a few days pissing off everyone that wasn't a member of Labor, I'm not going to deny that hes a smart person, but in this instance he did a lot of very dumb things.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2023, 02:21:25 PM »

Griff is the only person to have beaten me in an election since 2016 of course his IQ is above 80!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2023, 06:39:20 PM »

...and yet a Labor ticket in a different configuration isn't? It's amazing just how big of a hole we can miss when it's in our own house. If YT had flipped 4 votes in June 2019, he'd have been President. Had either Blair or Yankee got just 1 more vote in 2016, we wouldn't have had a split term. The list goes on and on and on. But as you said, all immaterial!

I knew this would be a sore spot for many: after all, it's a hallmark of smaller and nascent parties to believe they're 10x as valuable as they are objectively.

This is the problem with these kinds of analyses and arguments. Just about everything within them cancels out in the end. The only thing that possibly doesn't is sheer vote share, and it's pretty clear who comprised the bulk.

Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 09:14:12 AM »

...and yet a Labor ticket in a different configuration isn't? It's amazing just how big of a hole we can miss when it's in our own house. If YT had flipped 4 votes in June 2019, he'd have been President. Had either Blair or Yankee got just 1 more vote in 2016, we wouldn't have had a split term. The list goes on and on and on. But as you said, all immaterial!

I knew this would be a sore spot for many: after all, it's a hallmark of smaller and nascent parties to believe they're 10x as valuable as they are objectively.

This is the problem with these kinds of analyses and arguments. Just about everything within them cancels out in the end. The only thing that possibly doesn't is sheer vote share, and it's pretty clear who comprised the bulk.

Griff, let me explain this to you in a way you'll understand:

Your candidate won by 4 votes, it is objective reality that Peace elected Tack. Do you want to know why we did it?

Because Tack wasn't involved with Kansas, many of the Peace voters thought that he was an acceptable break from it to take the deal that Your Party offered us. You were the ones to break the deal, not us.

Yes, an Independent Peace ticket couldn't be elected, but neither could an Only-Labor Ticket.

You're a smart guy, but in this case your judgement and that of your party was severely lacking.

Actions have consequences, this does not change even if you're a popular person in a game. In this case, the consequence is that you have doomed your parties own President to a single term in Office.

I hope you understand that
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2023, 09:57:49 AM »

[INANE RAMBLE]
Huh, no, I don’t think this helps. Could you put this a different way?
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2023, 09:58:57 AM »

[INANE RAMBLE]
Huh, no, I don’t think this helps. Could you put this a different way?
Your party needed us to win and nothing you say changes that
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2023, 10:22:35 AM »

I'm also sorry if my response to Griffin made anyones head spin, I will dumb down my language next time
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2023, 10:27:02 AM »

Hm, no. Still not getting it. Perhaps you can elaborate on this a little more?
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2023, 10:28:38 AM »

I had relations with your mother last night
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2023, 10:42:50 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2023, 10:46:48 AM by Devout Centrist »

Well, that was off topic. Let me bring the discussion back to the issue at hand.

I’m sure Tack appreciated the support of the Peace Party in last month’s election; he’s said as much to me! But, the idea that certain folks in Peace are somehow “owed” special favors or privileges is not on the table.

Privately, I’ve been told by some members of Peace that the Party was offered a fair apology from members of Labor, but that other members of the Party scuttled that idea and wanted conflict. Oh well. No use making even more sour grapes now.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2023, 10:48:17 AM »

Well, that was off topic. Let me bring the discussion back to the issue at hand.

I’m sure Tack appreciated the support of the Peace Party in last month’s election; he’s said as much to me! But, the idea that certain folks in Peace are somehow “owed” special favors or privileges is not on the table.

What do you mean by this? What sort of privileges or favors?

Privately, I’ve been told by some members of Peace that the Party was offered a fair apology from members of Labor, but that some members of Peace scuttled that notion and wanted conflict. Oh well. No use making even more sour grapes now.

Can you elaborate on this? Some have said that there were conditions attached for the apology but neither I, nor the general public, are keen on the details.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2023, 10:51:57 AM »

What do you mean by this? What sort of privileges or favors?

Privately, I’ve been told by some members of Peace that the Party was offered a fair apology from members of Labor, but that some members of Peace scuttled that notion and wanted conflict. Oh well. No use making even more sour grapes now.

Can you elaborate on this? Some have said that there were conditions attached for the apology but neither I, nor the general public, are keen on the details.

It didn't even look genuine considering it took several days for them to Offer to apologize.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2023, 11:31:06 AM »

I mean it’s quite simple isn’t it? More PAXites voted for the ticket than the margin between tack and cao. Hence if they didn’t vote or even voted for Cao, he would have won. It’s easy math.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies