Tack/Laki for President February '23: Bring Back Balance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tack/Laki for President February '23: Bring Back Balance
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Tack/Laki for President February '23: Bring Back Balance  (Read 1773 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2023, 12:08:41 PM »

Hello everyone! Nice to have you all here! I am here to announce that I am officially running for president this February alongside my running mate Laki.

As someone who voted for Cao twice, you may ask why? Well it is very simple. Cap is an honourable man. But many Federalists are not  They are passing bills that directly attack the working class and the most vulnerable, focus on stupid culture war issues and even undermine the independence of our institutions. They also have fallen back on repealing obscure regulations that are there for a reason, poisoning our foodstuffs and the environment among many other things.

Governor Young Texan has also launched an unprecedented attack on the stability of the Republic and given this we need strong leadership that is not afraid to do what is right and take difficult decisions. I will definitely take them.

Anyways thank you for your time and may Dave bless Atlasia!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 01:35:52 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2023, 01:53:08 PM by West_Midlander »

A divisive campaign is not what Atlasia needs and division is not what Atlasia is about. Why not run on your own merits?

EDIT: I might also add that the legislation that Governor Tack so uproariously attacks has by and large been multipartisan, and many pieces of legislation passed by this and the previous Congress were unanimous or nearly so.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 01:57:18 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2023, 02:03:28 PM by West_Midlander »

Lackluster start, lackluster speech, lackluster candidates.

Using me as an attack line is cute, but I haven’t done much of anything you could “stop”.

Stick to the backroom DM scheming you and your running mate are so good at trying to do. Otherwise, these are two nobodies with zero potential. Nothing to see here folks!

I would also add that running for Senate (or simply GOTVing for his favorite candidates) is probably a good way to enact the change Governor Tack seeks in Nyman. If he has no problem with President Cao, as he says,1 there is no reason for him to run for President. Being President won't ensure a Tack-aligned Congress, especially after the midterms, if he is elected (as most Presidents lose some support at that time).

Unless, of course, Governor Tack is hoping to be a veto president in which case he is making an implicit attack on the current President he claims to support (in essentially pointing to Cao's signing of legislation he does not like). Also, as I said, much of the legislation passed by Congress recently has been multipartisan, with few votes coming to a "party-line" vote breakdown, so a lot of legislation could overcome Tack's hypothetical veto as President.

1:

As someone who voted for Cao twice, you may ask why? Well it is very simple. Cap [sic] is an honourable man.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 02:19:23 PM »

If one looks at the bills passed during Cao's 2nd term there have been more regulatory bills than deregulatory bills, bills to protect workers, retirees, debtors, and consumers, bills to expand food stamps eligibility and pregnancy assistance, bills to enhance civil rights, and you can probably count on 1 hand the number of so-called culture war bills out of more than 100 introduced. Im afraid candidate Tack has been absentee so long that he must not have noticed the consistent consensus-backed wins the Senate has made to help the working class, most vulnerable, food safety, and the environment. We are closing in on almost 100 new laws passed under Cao that help the little guy at the expense of banksters, lobbyists, big corportions, and foreign influences. Laws that Labor refused to enact during their 3 year monopoly on the game. I believe the record of the Senate and President Cao speaks for itself. Just look at the bills for yourself.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 02:26:05 PM »

Tack the Cuck is not fit to be President of Atlasia.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 02:27:47 PM »

Endorsed-you're a highly qualified person and will set Atlasia in the right direction!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 02:39:28 PM »

endorse
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023, 02:49:29 PM »

Endorsed
nerd73
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -7.83

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2023, 03:04:15 PM »

Endorsed.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2023, 03:12:50 PM »

Using me as an attack line is cute, but I haven’t done much of anything you could “stop”.

Stick to the backroom DM scheming you and your running mate are so good at trying to do. Otherwise, these are two nobodies with zero potential. Nothing to see here folks!

I would also add that running for Senate (or simply GOTVing for his favorite candidates) is probably a good way to enact the change Governor Tack seeks in Nyman. If he has no problem with President Cao, as he says,1 there is no reason for him to run for President. Being President won't ensure a Tack-aligned Congress, especially after the midterms, if he is elected (as most Presidents lose some support at that time).

Unless, of course, Governor Tack is hoping to be a veto president in which case he is making an implicit attack on the current President he claims to support (in essentially pointing to Cao's signing of legislation he does not like). Also, as I said, much of the legislation passed by Congress recently has been multipartisan, with few votes coming to a "party-line" vote breakdown, so a lot of legislation could overcome Tack's hypothetical veto as President.

1:

As someone who voted for Cao twice, you may ask why? Well it is very simple. Cap [sic] is an honourable man.

This is correct. I do not trust Cao to veto the key bills that threaten or would be a negative to this country. I will of course work with Congress and have my own agenda (platform coming soon!).

Cao might be honourable but that does not mean we agree on the issues!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2023, 04:07:25 PM »

This is correct. I do not trust Cao to veto the key bills that threaten or would be a negative to this country. I will of course work with Congress and have my own agenda (platform coming soon!).

Which bills specifically should he have vetoed that he did not?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2023, 04:59:32 PM »

Unless, of course, Governor Tack is hoping to be a veto president.

Vetoing legislation is very important and the left should probably do it more from a strategic viewpoint. Tim already tried the conciliatory route in the South. The Southern leftists (yes, enough to elect someone are still registered) stopped turning out for him and once Feds decided they were tired of helping him he lost. In the More distant past, the old age of Labor actually being in contention in the South and them voting for a bunch of Mr. R bills during that time only squandered opportunity and boosted Tmth's run for President.

From a less partisan perspective, do you trust Cao to fight Southern secession, veto mass regulation repeals, veto the Greenland deal, and veto anti-trans stuff? I'm not sure I do.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2023, 05:49:34 PM »

Endorsed!
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2023, 11:25:46 PM »

Endorsed
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2023, 12:42:48 PM »

laki as the labor candidate?

now ive seen everything
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2023, 03:14:48 PM »

laki as the labor candidate?

now ive seen everything

Pretty sure i would do a better job than you did.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2023, 08:14:32 PM »

I still support Cao but I think you would be a good president
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2023, 04:47:32 AM »

I absolutely still prefer Cao, but like Sirius I think you'd still do good and I wouldn't be upset if you won.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2023, 10:17:17 AM »

Endorsed
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2023, 01:36:53 PM »

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2023, 03:22:22 PM »

If you want some examples, there is the Ron Paul Act or the Fuel Inflation Reduction Act among pthers
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2023, 03:40:41 PM »

If you want some examples, there is the Ron Paul Act or the Fuel Inflation Reduction Act among pthers

Thank you.

57 bills passed last session, 37 so far this session. 2/94 = 2%. Im glad to see you at least agree with Cao 98% of the time.

Both of those bills passed more than 3 months ago too, so presumably you agree with him 100% of the time this session.

Both of those bills also are responsible for reducing inflation according to the GMs, so presumably the difference between you and Cao is you disagree with him 2% of the time, specifically on reducing inflation.

Doesnt seem like much of a campaign.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2023, 12:41:13 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2023, 06:37:09 PM by West_Midlander »

1:

The election has already started. It seems disingenuous to run without telling the public what you are for.

EDIT: Over 40% of the expected vote is now in and the election is more than half over.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2023, 06:46:59 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2023, 06:52:03 PM by Senator Laki »

As vice presidential candidate, all i can say myself is that i'll be an advocate of the Peace platform throughout my legislature which was decided and amended and can be accessed in this thread. I cannot speak for the president himself though.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2023, 07:24:54 PM »

As vice presidential candidate, all i can say myself is that i'll be an advocate of the Peace platform throughout my legislature which was decided and amended and can be accessed in this thread. I cannot speak for the president himself though.

He isn't the President yet. Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies