CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:21:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people  (Read 5915 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2023, 10:10:28 AM »

No, we should force all the threads I don't like into a megathread because this forum exists to cater to my preferences alone!!!1

Abortion/overturning Roe gets a megathread, COVID gets a megathread, Jan 6th gets a megathread

but somehow LGBT issues that are spammed in USGD just as often aren't worthy of a megathread? lmao

Ok? Quit reading the trans threads if you don't like them. There are lots of threads here that don't interest me, so I don't read them. I don't cry about it and try to get them shut down.

Requesting they be condensed into a megathread =/= shutting it down.

What valid reason is there to have almost 30 threads in a month saying basically the same thing? There is no rational argument to be made that keeping these threads separate accomplishes anything that a megathread cannot.

No one is fooled into thinking the two most vociferously transphobic bigots on the Forum are making this demand in anything resembling good faith. Presumably - hopefully - that includes the mod cave.

The mods infract posts that are in the mainstream of public debate. They should stop doing that then and stop taking the left wing side of this debate

Bigotry is never mainstream, child.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2023, 10:21:09 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2023, 10:27:02 AM by Horus »

I personally don't recall having to come out as left-handed, get 'hand transition surgery' and get mad when others assume I'm right handed.

Somebody just told you four posts above yours that transgender people don't "have to get" gender reassignment surgery. Are you just being obtuse, or are you going to die on the hill of "trans people need to get surgery, it's part of being trans"?
It really is in one ear and out the other for the anti trans crowd. You can keep saying that surgery isn’t a required to be trans, that little kids aren’t getting surgery, that it’s well documented that hormone treatment isn’t dangerous and isn’t anything like surgery, that the notion most trans people are faking it from peer pressure is absurd with no evidence, and that there are numerous examples of trans athletes not having an unfair advantage in sports until you are blue in the face but they don’t care. They have their talking points and will not change them not matter what

Some of them like Mr. R and fthagan just have hate in their hearts, but guys like flyingmongoose are a lot sadder. He’s not stupid, and I think he knows deep down that nothing that he’s saying is factually correct. But his instincts were wrong, and instead of admitting he made a mistake, he quadruples down on debunked talking points.

Pot meet kettle. Though you'll also just disappear from threads when proven wrong which is even more cowardly. Like when you tried to say corrupt millionaire and billionaire businessmen who hire illegal immigrants should face no punishments, or when you tried to call me a moderate because I don't use activist speak and think borders are real lol.

As for the topic at hand, Alben said all that needs said.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2023, 10:28:13 AM »

Also the demand for a megathread just seems like a convenient way for certain culturally right wing posters to not engage with the topic when voices on their side go too far.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2023, 10:49:40 AM »

No, we should force all the threads I don't like into a megathread because this forum exists to cater to my preferences alone!!!1

Abortion/overturning Roe gets a megathread, COVID gets a megathread, Jan 6th gets a megathread

but somehow LGBT issues that are spammed in USGD just as often aren't worthy of a megathread? lmao

Ok? Quit reading the trans threads if you don't like them. There are lots of threads here that don't interest me, so I don't read them. I don't cry about it and try to get them shut down.

What valid reason is there to have almost 30 threads in a month saying basically the same thing? There is no rational argument to be made that keeping these threads separate accomplishes anything that a megathread cannot.

No one is fooled into thinking the two most vociferously transphobic bigots on the Forum are making this demand in anything resembling good faith. Presumably - hopefully - that includes the mod cave.

The mods infract posts that are in the mainstream of public debate. They should stop doing that then and stop taking the left wing side of this debate

What Mr R posts is not bigoted unless you take a left wing interpretation of the word bigot
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2023, 10:55:02 AM »

Another threaf about a trans topic that's at 7 pages because some random dude on the internet made a bigoted remark.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2023, 11:25:58 AM »

Nope. You can't hide how revolting the modern right is by pushing it all into a mega thread so you can just ignore it.

Crazy comments by a YouTube commentator isn’t worthy of the individual thread. Besides the reason for the megathread is trans related threads make up an insane amount of discussion here while any thread on economic issues gets 5 posts at most .

Also the mods deleting the Alben thread on the whistleblower was horrific

I don't think these comments are crazy. I don't think most serious Republicans -- at a time when state legislatures across the country are taking action to prohibit transgenderist castration for minors -- do either. Unless you truly believe that, I would encourage you to not to concede the Overton Window framing here by labeling what many would consider perfectly reasonable comments as insane. That strategy is exactly what has allowed extremist transgenderism to gain such latitude in the first place.

Didn’t he call for the ban on adults gender affirming care as well cause that’s different then calling for a ban on minor gender affirming care . Anyway I support DeSantis and Youngkin’s policies on this issue but Knowles comments seemed to go way further than that .

The fact that your first reaction is a bunch of b-b-b-buts instead of simply condemning (or at least staying quiet about) this horrifying genocidal rhetoric, that your friends are endorsing in this thread, is a very grim conclusion of the right's social escalation the past few years. You've all lost the plot.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2023, 11:41:32 AM »

What Mr R posts is not bigoted unless you take a left wing interpretation of the word bigot

Like the Orange Buffoon's administration, seems like OSR has his own "alternative facts" (interpretation) to the word bigotry/bigot.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2023, 11:52:55 AM »

Nope. You can't hide how revolting the modern right is by pushing it all into a mega thread so you can just ignore it.

Crazy comments by a YouTube commentator isn’t worthy of the individual thread. Besides the reason for the megathread is trans related threads make up an insane amount of discussion here while any thread on economic issues gets 5 posts at most .

I don't think these comments are crazy. I don't think most serious Republicans -- at a time when state legislatures across the country are taking action to prohibit transgenderist castration for minors -- do either. Unless you truly believe that, I would encourage you to not to concede the Overton Window framing here by labeling what many would consider perfectly reasonable comments as insane. That strategy is exactly what has allowed extremist transgenderism to gain such latitude in the first place.

Didn’t he call for the ban on adults gender affirming care as well cause that’s different then calling for a ban on minor gender affirming care . Anyway I support DeSantis and Youngkin’s policies on this issue but Knowles comments seemed to go way further than that .

The fact that your first reaction is a bunch of b-b-b-buts instead of simply condemning (or at least staying quiet about) this horrifying genocidal rhetoric, that your friends are endorsing in this thread, is a very grim conclusion of the right's social escalation the past few years. You've all lost the plot.

The only people ever saying anything about genocide are those who have been falsely claiming people they don't like are calling for it, with no evidence to support it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2023, 11:55:53 AM »

The only people ever saying anything about genocide are those who have been falsely claiming people they don't like are calling for it, with no evidence to support it.

Calling for the eradication of an entire group of people is genocide and trying to rationalize the statement is defending it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2023, 11:57:31 AM »

Yeah all the person in the OP say was “transgenderism should be eradicated from the general public” and that trans people aren’t a legitimate category of human beings. What is remotely genocidal about that 🙄
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2023, 12:07:17 PM »

The AI has morphed from generic "Reagan Republican" to another culture warrior obsessed with making life even more harsh for trans teens. Just going with the flow of whatever is popular with the right.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2023, 12:14:29 PM »

Lets keep the numbers up. We are only on page 7.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2023, 12:16:01 PM »

I called these comments crazy and both Fuzzy and Mr R recommended that post so this isn’t true .
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2023, 12:16:58 PM »

Knowles did not call for genocide. He said that transgenderism must be eradicated from public life -- in other words, socially reviled and ostracized. That's no different from how transvestitism has been treated for the entire history of western civilization. Hysterically lying about what he said reveals that transgenderists have no better arguments to make.

What drugs are you on?

Whatever drug gives one the ability to remember a world before 2017.

Respectfully, you're a child. Before 2017, you were a very small child. How the hell can you remember a world before 2017? Trans acceptance has been a widespread thing before 2017. Yes, there has been some social (not really legal) progress on acceptance, but if anything the more prominent progress was made on acceptance of non-binary people. The biggest change, without a doubt, has been the amount of incitment and hatred from right wing groups.

I comment on your post because you're still young and could still repent, while the fantastic trio who recommended it are already old, they're beyond saving from the hatred in their hearts. This guy called for transgender people to be eradicated. This is the textbook definition of genocidal. Twisting it with "he just said 'transgenderism'!!!" doesn't work, just like you can't call for the eradication of Islam without calling for the eradication of Muslims, you can't call for the eradication of Judaism without calling for the eradication of Jews, and you can't call for the eradication of Italianism without calling for the eradicaiton of Italians. These are people. They're not an ideology. They didn't choose to be trans or have gender dysphoria just like I didn't choose to be gay. They're human beings, warm bodies, not some cold ideology. If you can't understand that, I feel very sad for you. Stop hating people for who they are.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #164 on: March 07, 2023, 12:19:36 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2023, 12:31:01 PM by Mr. Reactionary »

I called these comments crazy and both Fuzzy and Mr R recommended that post so this isn’t true .

Its like they expect us to take their dumb, alarmist claims seriously.

Case in point, from the chronic wolf crier:

I comment on your post because you're still young and could still repent, while the fantastic trio who recommended it are already old, they're beyond saving from the hatred in their hearts.

The above poster once reported a post I made in a fantasy game for "anti-semitism" because I wrote a pretend law that merely stated practitioners of Old Testament ritual purity rules about menstruation were allowed to do so. The same poster threatened to report a different pretend law I wrote in the fantasy game because apparently its bigoted to try and stop monkeypox spread in the month of June. Looks like more wolf crying to me.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2023, 12:31:57 PM »

Its like they expect us to take their dumb, alarmist claims seriously.

You also recommended a post that I made saying if a poster made a comment like Knowles did here , then the mods would be correct to infract the post so it’s false to say you endorse this rhetoric.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2023, 12:42:33 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2023, 12:55:05 PM by Old School Republican »

The AI has morphed from generic "Reagan Republican" to another culture warrior obsessed with making life even more harsh for trans teens. Just going with the flow of whatever is popular with the right.

My views on these issues are slightly to the left of where they were in 2015-16. I was opposed to some of Obama’s executive orders on this issue at the time and had posted about it then

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=224515.0
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2023, 02:17:42 PM »

You also recommended a post that I made saying if a poster made a comment like Knowles did here , then the mods would be correct to infract the post so it’s false to say you endorse this rhetoric.

Can you link these two posts? I was unable to find any post of yours on this thread that Mr. R recommended other than  complaining about the mods on page 5
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2023, 02:22:53 PM »

Can you link these two posts? I was unable to find any post of yours on this thread that Mr. R recommended other than  complaining about the mods on page 5

Here :

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=541038.msg8997672#msg8997672

Mr R agrees that a comment like what Knowles made should be infracted if made here   
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2023, 02:29:52 PM »

Here :

Mr R agrees that a comment like what Knowles made should be infracted if made here   

That's a bit of a leap, as he was likely recommending your defense of him specifically, rather than your implicit statement that it would be ok to moderate a hypothetical post.

But even so, what about the other claim?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2023, 02:40:14 PM »

Here :

That's a bit of a leap, as he was likely recommending your defense of him specifically, rather than your implicit statement that it would be ok to moderate a hypothetical post.

But even so, what about the other claim?

Well Fuzzy recommended it but seems like Mr R didn’t so I was wrong on that one , but keep in mind Fuzzy has been attacked as being someone who would be for what Knowles is advocating for before .

So those people were clearly wrong about Fuzzy
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2023, 03:20:22 PM »

Well Fuzzy recommended it but seems like Mr R didn’t so I was wrong on that one , but keep in mind Fuzzy has been attacked as being someone who would be for what Knowles is advocating for before .

You are not required to take what everyone says at face value.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2023, 03:42:28 PM »

If you even bothered to listen to what he actually said, he was referring to transgenderism (an ideology), not transgender people. He's clearly not even close to proposing genocide.

But of course like every other red/maroon av on this forum that frequently posts about trans issues, it's much easier to push your existing beliefs than actually listen to what is being said or reason what is actually being proposed from the source itself.

You people keep saying this but it doesn't make any sense. It's like calling homosexuality an ideology.

It's like calling "whiteness" an ideology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteness_studies
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2023, 03:43:39 PM »

Translation: “I can lie about other posters beliefs if I feel like it “
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2023, 03:45:52 PM »

Translation: “I can lie about other posters beliefs if I feel like it “

How am I lying? I'm just saying that I don't believe him.

Accusing someone of being dishonest is not "lying about their beliefs", that is absurd.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies