CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:27:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Author Topic: CPAC speaker calls for genocide of trans people  (Read 5917 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2023, 03:01:32 PM »
« edited: March 04, 2023, 03:05:07 PM by Frodo »

If (and when) the current version of the Equal Rights Amendment is struck down by the Supreme Court mainly due to it being past its congressionally-imposed sell-by date, it should be the top priority for the LGBT community (and their allies) to push for a far more expansive Equal Rights Amendment that would guarantee their rights (not least to exist...) in the Constitution.  
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2023, 03:04:31 PM »

Nope. You can't hide how revolting the modern right is by pushing it all into a mega thread so you can just ignore it.

Crazy comments by a YouTube commentator isn’t worthy of the individual thread. Besides the reason for the megathread is trans related threads make up an insane amount of discussion here while any thread on economic issues gets 5 posts at most .

Also the mods deleting the Alben thread on the whistleblower was horrific

At CPAC
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2023, 04:31:15 PM »

The “moderate” Haley-DeSantis wing of the patty
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2023, 04:33:28 PM »

There are a lot of people who believe this, they just don't say it. Some of them are those who say these things aren't worthy of a thread.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2023, 04:34:41 PM »

I think what some Republicans fail to grasp is that they are also worthy of dignity and respect despite their gender/sexual orientation. And even if forced de transition was the end goal which is what it seemed like he implied, how could this be enforced in a non-authoritarian manner?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2023, 04:35:31 PM »

And even if forced de transition was the end goal which is what it seemed like he implied, how could this be enforced in a non-authoritarian manner?

It is impossible to enforce such a goal in a non-authoritarian manner, because the goal itself is authoritarian.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2023, 04:35:47 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2023, 04:42:12 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Bush W and Ronald Reagan and Nixon and Ford and McCain all reached out to the NAACP especially Bush W with Condi Rice and Colin Powell how is Cpac gonna get blk vote which can turn a close Eday of 5 pts like in MI to Rs zilch, and Vance only won by 5 in a Prez Eday that can be made up especially with Brown if Ryan ran in 24 instead he would easily get elected over Vance but he ran in a Midterm

Newsflash Biden is already near 50% in Rassy how did Trump almost win he was almost near 50% but he messed up at the end with Covid, but he also gave out Stimulus checks , that RS now opposed they blocked enhance child tax credit with a unanimous consent wouldn't allow a vote
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2023, 04:41:32 PM »

Nope. You can't hide how revolting the modern right is by pushing it all into a mega thread so you can just ignore it.

Crazy comments by a YouTube commentator isn’t worthy of the individual thread. Besides the reason for the megathread is trans related threads make up an insane amount of discussion here while any thread on economic issues gets 5 posts at most .

At CPAC

The guy has his head-in-the-sand. He does not want to believe The Crazies are running one of the biggest gathering of Republicans/Concervatives ... and THEY invited this idiot. Do you get it now OSR?
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2023, 04:43:59 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2023, 04:51:01 PM by BG-NYC »

I think what some Republicans fail to grasp is that they are also worthy of dignity and respect despite their gender/sexual orientation. And even if forced de transition was the end goal which is what it seemed like he implied, how could this be enforced in a non-authoritarian manner?
I was speaking to a conservative the other day about this (registered democrat, voted for Zeldin, not a Trump fan). He gave me the following reasoning:

• There is a fundamental belief that transgenderism and the notion of gender being apart of sex is a social construct
• The reason for the growth of transgenderism is due to media propaganda and “brainwashing” by educators
• There’s a great fear of his children (he does not have any yet, I will not) becoming transgender, and this drives fear of transgender people

Side note, he consumes all of his news/politics content from Facebook.

At the end of the day, we’re all Americans, and my position is we need to live alongside and respect our fellow citizens. The right playing (negative) identity politics is very unfortunate.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2023, 04:44:41 PM »

This Cpac is another Fox news whom is being sued they aren't reaching out to anybody but partisans

They have country music singers how is that gonna get blk vote, they need blk vote because they need to win PA, MI, and WI blue states

Bush W and McCain went to NAACP
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2023, 04:55:21 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2023, 05:00:49 PM by T'Chenka »

2. They barely get any discussion here but every trans thread gets 5+ pages . It’s insanely ridiculous

I thought conservatives strongly support free markets with minimal regulation. As long as a thread isn't breaking the ToS and isn't in the wrong subforum, I don't see why the users on this website can't just talk about the subjects that seem important to them or interesting to them. Some threads will get more replies than others based on a number of factors.

You're going against the free market principle and trying to regulate the forum to make sure that people don't have to see threads about Republican attacks on transgender people, and it can all be nicely tucked away in a corner, out of sight, out of mind. That isn't the right of Republican posters here, to be able to support politicians who advance the culture wars but then not have to pay attention when the rest of the country finds it notable and wants to discuss it.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2023, 05:02:36 PM »

This Cpac is another Fox news whom is being sued they aren't reaching out to anybody but partisans

They have country music singers how is that gonna get blk vote, they need blk vote because they need to win PA, MI, and WI blue states

The reason republicans lost in 2020 in PA/MI/WI is because they didn’t get enough of the white vote.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2023, 05:19:54 PM »

The reason republicans lost in 2020 in PA/MI/WI is because they didn’t get enough of the white vote.
No it’s because Biden was able to appeal to them better than Clinton was. Many of these voters supported Obama and there was a better argument that Biden would be a third term of Obama than H. Clinton who seemed like she would’ve been a third term of Bill which didn’t play well because of NAFTA and immigration concerns.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2023, 05:35:32 PM »

Trans people aren’t an ethnic group and therefore can’t be genocided, according to the UN Definition of Genocide.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2023, 05:44:40 PM »

Trans people aren’t an ethnic group and therefore can’t be genocided, according to the UN Definition of Genocide.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2023, 05:45:21 PM »

Really?
Is that the hill you want to die on, regarding the topic of this thread?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2023, 05:46:46 PM »

Really? That’s your contribution……….
Pink Panther

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2023, 05:49:19 PM »

Even I feel the "trans genocide" narrative is a bit over-the-top at times, but what the hell, dude.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2023, 05:56:30 PM »

Knowles did not call for genocide. He said that transgenderism must be eradicated from public life -- in other words, socially reviled and ostracized. That's no different from how transvestitism has been treated for the entire history of western civilization. Hysterically lying about what he said reveals that transgenderists have no better arguments to make.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2023, 06:07:01 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2023, 06:10:04 PM by North Carolina Conservative »

I don't think these comments are crazy. I don't think most serious Republicans -- at a time when state legislatures across the country are taking action to prohibit transgenderist castration for minors -- do either. Unless you truly believe that, I would encourage you to not to concede the Overton Window framing here by labeling what many would consider perfectly reasonable comments as insane. That strategy is exactly what has allowed extremist transgenderism to gain such latitude in the first place.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2023, 06:09:59 PM »

I don't think these comments are crazy. I don't think most serious Republicans -- at a time when state legislatures across the country are taking action to prohibit transgenderist castration for minors -- do either. While it is obviously your prerogative if you really think this, I would encourage you to not to concede the Overton Window framing here by labeling what many would consider perfectly reasonable comments as insane. That strategy is exactly what has allowed extremist transgenderism to gain such latitude in the first place.

Knowles did not call for genocide. He said that transgenderism must be eradicated from public life -- in other words, socially reviled and ostracized. That's no different from how transvestitism has been treated for the entire history of western civilization. Hysterically lying about what he said reveals that transgenderists have no better arguments to make.

What drugs are you on?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2023, 06:14:03 PM »

I don't think these comments are crazy. I don't think most serious Republicans -- at a time when state legislatures across the country are taking action to prohibit transgenderist castration for minors -- do either. While it is obviously your prerogative if you really think this, I would encourage you to not to concede the Overton Window framing here by labeling what many would consider perfectly reasonable comments as insane. That strategy is exactly what has allowed extremist transgenderism to gain such latitude in the first place.

What drugs are you on?

Whatever drug gives one the ability to remember a world before 2017.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2023, 06:16:32 PM »

Ignore the shock jock and move on.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2023, 06:17:24 PM »

I don't think these comments are crazy. I don't think most serious Republicans -- at a time when state legislatures across the country are taking action to prohibit transgenderist castration for minors -- do either. Unless you truly believe that, I would encourage you to not to concede the Overton Window framing here by labeling what many would consider perfectly reasonable comments as insane. That strategy is exactly what has allowed extremist transgenderism to gain such latitude in the first place.

Didn’t he call for the ban on adults gender affirming care as well cause that’s different then calling for a ban on minor gender affirming care . Anyway I support DeSantis and Youngkin’s policies on this issue but Knowles comments seemed to go way further than that .

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2023, 06:35:21 PM »

This is a frightening level of rationalization.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies