Turkey elections 2023
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 07:15:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Turkey elections 2023
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35
Author Topic: Turkey elections 2023  (Read 34094 times)
It's not just that you are a crook senator
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.04

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: May 28, 2023, 12:30:03 PM »

As a Turkish guy who has to suffer under this dictatorship and harsh economy, all I can say is: Go f*** yourself. I love how you have Biden who is a liberal president on your profile. Rights for me, not for others as it seems.

------

For my short analyses: Sinan Oğan voters mostly stayed home. My precinct was literally the same as round one while Sinan Oğan voters vanished.

The longer analysis will be done in the upcoming days when I get all of my facts straight.

Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #801 on: May 28, 2023, 12:40:56 PM »

*SCREAMS*
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #802 on: May 28, 2023, 12:44:58 PM »

Get ready for another exodus of young, educated Turks leaving their country and another round of opposition figures locked up.
Logical

« Reply #803 on: May 28, 2023, 01:00:13 PM »

Tunceli

First round
KK 80.3%
RTE 16.2%

Turnout 87.3%

Second round
KK 82.8%
RTE 17.2%

Turnout 87.5%

Only province with higher turnout in the second round. Hardly surprising though as this is the Alevi heartland and KK's birth town.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #804 on: May 28, 2023, 01:09:23 PM »

This election really turned out as I expected it, only that Erdogan didn't win with 55% but with 52%.

Considering that Erdogan has beaten the media completely into submission over the past 20 years, jailed independent critical journalists and nurtured Islamism, it is hardly surprising that this runoff ended up as it did. The cities are not as liberal as Western European cities either, Istanbul and Ankara are 50-50, but Berlin, Paris, London are all 70% leftist. And despite Erdogan being a ruthless autocrat, there is still a huge base of fandom for him all over the country. Some will say the election was rigged, but it was rigged just insofar that the media was completely modeled against the opposition. But the vote itself wasn't rigged. A few local shenegians, but it's also a country of 85 million people and it wasn't widespread. The opposition had their poll watchers and even in their strongholds, the trends toward Erdogan were there. He said "I will be there until the grave" and so it will be. Only then will the opposition have a chance to win.
Logical

« Reply #805 on: May 28, 2023, 01:34:45 PM »

Ankara (100% counted)

First round
KK 47.3%
RTE 46%

Turnout 91.2%

Second round
KK 51.2%
RTE 48.8%

Turnout 88%
Logical

« Reply #806 on: May 28, 2023, 01:37:02 PM »

Izmir (100% counted)

First round
KK 63.3%
RTE 31.5%

Turnout 90.3%

Second round
KK 67.1%
RTE 33.9%

Turnout 87.2%
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #807 on: May 28, 2023, 01:56:35 PM »

Sad day for us Kemalists and secular nationalists  😞
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #808 on: May 28, 2023, 02:21:07 PM »

Maybe take all of the personal attacks and opinions elsewhere?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #809 on: May 28, 2023, 02:23:02 PM »

This board is for high-quality discussion. I haven't posted in this thread so far because there's been precious little of it here.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #810 on: May 28, 2023, 02:27:07 PM »

Maybe take all of the personal attacks and opinions elsewhere?
I fail to see how simple observations are personal attacks.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #811 on: May 28, 2023, 02:28:53 PM »

Kilicdaroglu has given a rambling post-defeat speech in which he essentially said 'The Real Fight Starts Now' and has refused to resign.
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #812 on: May 28, 2023, 02:39:04 PM »

For some of you, it might be something to analyse and have some fun over to observe like scientists looking at subjects but this is about my and so many other people's lives.

Tens of thousands of people died and the government responded to it by restricting social media while people were using it to beg for help because they didn't want to look incompetent

They demonized LGBTİ+ people at all costs to gain some votes

They enabled Hizbullah into parliament who wants to demolish any kind of rights women have

They demonized Kurdish people and any kind of political voice they have

They let millions of unchecked illegal immigrants come from the border and gave them citizenship just to win an election and ruin the demographics of the country.

These are some of the facts I have to live with. Maybe if you want some quality discussion you can wait a little bit so people can have time to adjust to the horrifying future they have ahead of them.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #813 on: May 28, 2023, 02:48:07 PM »

German newssources now say Erdogan officially won.
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #814 on: May 28, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »

They let millions of unchecked illegal immigrants come from the border and gave them citizenship just to win an election and ruin the demographics of the country.

This is an interesting subject and I want to hear more about the "ruining of the demographics of Turkey".

Lets talk about it.

When you take millions of people into the country without any kind of assimilation that creates problem for any kind of country. There are shops in Istanbul that have arabic signs (and no Turkish signs), the products have arabic explanations, the call lines have arabic translations, millions of people CANT speak turkish.. so on and so forth. All of these are done so our sultan can dictate his fantasy sharia laws. Meanwhile kurdish people who have been living here before the establishment of the republic don't have minuscule of cultural rights.

More and more radical decisions AKP makes, people become more and more against refugees. I was very pro immigrant when Syrian refugees were first escaping from the war now even I have become very much against it. If one day there is an armed conflict between immigrants and turkish citizens the blood of everyone will be on the people who have the foul decisions regarding immigration.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #815 on: May 28, 2023, 03:12:13 PM »

This is an interesting subject and I want to hear more about the "ruining of the demographics of Turkey".

One of the obvious problems that the opposition has faced is how broad it has had to be, which in turn has limited its ability to present a positive program considering all the different types of voters that it has to keep on its side. I've heard a fair amount about opposition assertions that the government is plotting to turn Turkey into Eurabia, which is the sort of thing that would repel liberal-minded foreign observers. I'm curious as to whether that alienated potential opposition voters in Turkey or whether anti-Arab sentiment is actually one of the things that brings everyone together.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #816 on: May 28, 2023, 03:14:41 PM »

I always believed that Erdogan's winning margin would be closer to 0 points than 10...
Logical

« Reply #817 on: May 28, 2023, 03:16:23 PM »

One of the obvious problems that the opposition has faced is how broad it has had to be, which in turn has limited its ability to present a positive program considering all the different types of voters that it has to keep on its side. I've heard a fair amount about opposition assertions that the government is plotting to turn Turkey into Eurabia, which is the sort of thing that would repel liberal-minded foreign observers. I'm curious as to whether that alienated potential opposition voters in Turkey or whether anti-Arab sentiment is actually one of the things that brings everyone together.
The latter. The polls show that 70-80% of Turkish citizens support deporting the Syrians back. It has strong support even among Kurds. The refugee issue is the only issue where the opposition is more trusted than RTE. It's the main reason why they went very hard on anti refugee rhetoric in the second round.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #818 on: May 28, 2023, 03:23:00 PM »

"Dear Subhuman Filth,

I'm appealing to all of you stupid idiots to vote Kemalist in 2023. That is if you have the basic education enough to read a ballot, anyway. I understand the majority of you racist rednecks can't even read this post, though. But those who can, please pass my message on to the rest of your inbred family.

We Kemalists are morally, culturally and intellectually superior to you in every way. I will qualify myself by noting that I have a Liberal Arts degree from a college, which you obviously have never been to, if you even know what one is. I also have a Kurdish friend. I have been told by several professors that everything you hold dear is terrible. Therefore you, personally, are also terrible.

I don't know you, but I know that you're racist. I also know that you hate gay people and still get scared during lightning storms.

The religion which you hold closely, greatly believe in, and which brings you comfort--you are wrong because I'm smarter than you and I'm telling you so. It is one of the many reasons why you are stupid and I'm better than you.

You see, us Kemalists want a system which helps everyone in the world. Our system is designed around love and kindness to everyone. If you don't agree, I hate you.

All of you stupid, backward, redneck, racist, homophobic, uneducated yokels need to realize we're trying to build a classless society where we all get to live in harmony with each other, where we're all equal. If you only understood that you wouldn't be so much worse of a person than I am.

So please vote CHP. Help me help you, you worthless motherfu"
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #819 on: May 28, 2023, 03:30:46 PM »

"Dear Subhuman Filth,

I'm appealing to all of you stupid idiots to vote Kemalist in 2023. That is if you have the basic education enough to read a ballot, anyway. I understand the majority of you racist rednecks can't even read this post, though. But those who can, please pass my message on to the rest of your inbred family.

We Kemalists are morally, culturally and intellectually superior to you in every way. I will qualify myself by noting that I have a Liberal Arts degree from a college, which you obviously have never been to, if you even know what one is. I also have a Kurdish friend. I have been told by several professors that everything you hold dear is terrible. Therefore you, personally, are also terrible.

I don't know you, but I know that you're racist. I also know that you hate gay people and still get scared during lightning storms.

The religion which you hold closely, greatly believe in, and which brings you comfort--you are wrong because I'm smarter than you and I'm telling you so. It is one of the many reasons why you are stupid and I'm better than you.

You see, us Kemalists want a system which helps everyone in the world. Our system is designed around love and kindness to everyone. If you don't agree, I hate you.

All of you stupid, backward, redneck, racist, homophobic, uneducated yokels need to realize we're trying to build a classless society where we all get to live in harmony with each other, where we're all equal. If you only understood that you wouldn't be so much worse of a person than I am.

When I was reading this I burst out laughing.
Well done.
MelihV
Rookie
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #820 on: May 28, 2023, 03:44:46 PM »

"Dear Subhuman Filth,

I love how you cartoonize the 2023 CHP campaign with 2000's and 90's CHP when the main message of the campaign was uniting as one against fascism and endorsements were from far left to far right:

I also love how you guys keep glossing over the countless human rights violations and Hezbollah entering the parliament from AKP list (who killed so many people with pig tie knot in Turkey - research Konca Kuriş) as well as AKP slowing down internet when earthquake victims were begging for help. Even suing some of them for talking badly about the government.

I don't see the point of continuing posting on this thread because for some of you this is some sort of sport where you dunk on the people you don't like when this election was not about any kind of ideology. While you enjoy having your fun, we will keep trying to survive.

P.S. I didn't even vote for CHP in any kind of parliament election ever.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #821 on: May 28, 2023, 04:11:21 PM »

"Dear Subhuman Filth,

I love how you cartoonize the 2023 CHP campaign with 2000's and 90's CHP when the main message of the campaign was uniting as one against fascism and endorsements were from far left to far right:

I also love how you guys keep glossing over the countless human rights violations and Hezbollah entering the parliament from AKP list (who killed so many people with pig tie knot in Turkey - research Konca Kuriş) as well as AKP slowing down internet when earthquake victims were begging for help. Even suing some of them for talking badly about the government.

I don't see the point of continuing posting on this thread because for some of you this is some sort of sport where you dunk on the people you don't like when this election was not about any kind of ideology. While you enjoy having your fun, we will keep trying to survive.

P.S. I didn't even vote for CHP in any kind of parliament election ever.
Just speaking for myself here...the 2010s taught me that memes are important.
Yes, they are not the full truth. Both their limits and benefits should be understood.
If this entire meme was directed at you personally, it would be very different. But this is directed against a political campaign.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #822 on: May 28, 2023, 04:15:25 PM »

What percentage of Kurds voted for Erdogan, approximately? My ballpark estimate is somewhere between 20% and 33%, is that correct?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #823 on: May 28, 2023, 04:19:09 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2023, 04:25:46 PM by Atlasian AG Punxsutawney Phil »

What percentage of Kurds voted for Erdogan, approximately? My ballpark estimate is somewhere between 20% and 33%, is that correct?
Ethnic Kurds are almost or about 1 in 5 Turks. If Erdogan was only getting 33%, then wouldn't the HDP had gotten more votes in the legislative elections? Assuming the Kurdish % of the general electorate is equal to the % of them in the total population...
I've always got the impression that Kurds are hugely split, with some identifying by their religion and others by their ethnicity, and a roughly 50-50 split if we are talking about all ethnic Kurds as a group. The latter is far more "visibly Kurdish" (for lack of a better term) in their identity, and the former is likelier to "assimilate" into the majority culture...
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #824 on: May 28, 2023, 04:40:52 PM »

I'm very interested in understanding why Kılıçdaroğlu, if anything, lost votes among Kurds between the 1st and 2nd round.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies