Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:46:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37
Author Topic: Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed  (Read 38036 times)
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: January 18, 2023, 10:44:39 PM »

SMH MY HEAD!!!1!!!1!1!! How am I supposed to explain to mY cHiLd the DEVIANCY that was just elected to the UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES by those NYC elites???
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #451 on: January 18, 2023, 11:19:31 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2023, 12:09:49 AM by Roll Roons »

The more lurid stuff aside, can Santos (or whatever his name really is) actually prove for certain that he's a US citizen?

If he's traveled to Brazil, he must have a passport at least.

What did he have to provide to state election authorities and the FEC when he filed for office?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #452 on: January 19, 2023, 01:10:57 AM »

The more lurid stuff aside, can Santos (or whatever his name really is) actually prove for certain that he's a US citizen?

What did he have to provide to state election authorities and the FEC when he filed for office?

I asked this earlier in the thread an no one answered, honest to god who knows what he used to file. I don’t want to get into birtherism 2.0 but genuinely who the hell is this guy
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #453 on: January 19, 2023, 03:49:18 AM »

It's an unprecedented and disturbing sitution when their Representative's pre-election identity is just one big unknown. The voters didn't take the risk knowingly then so they should get a do-over.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #454 on: January 19, 2023, 11:45:51 AM »

Actually, I respect the diversity; we’ve never had this extreme of a pathological liar in Congress.

Seriously, lying to enhance your record is one thing, but it seems like lying is his default for anything. He prolly clinically has smtg.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #455 on: January 19, 2023, 03:51:38 PM »

Some twitter rando in the comments of the WaPo article posted this photo, which is supposed to be Santos in drag. I guess, it looks like him?? Somebody better at recognizing faces might be able to tell.

RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #456 on: January 19, 2023, 04:23:25 PM »

Some twitter rando in the comments of the WaPo article posted this photo, which is supposed to be Santos in drag. I guess, it looks like him?? Somebody better at recognizing faces might be able to tell.

The teeth looked similar enough, but idk.

I’m really wondering if he’s actually a US Citizen.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #457 on: January 19, 2023, 04:26:06 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2023, 05:03:02 PM by Storr »

I found a Center for Immigration Studies blog post from December which talks about the Santos situation citizenship wise. It mentions that court documents from Brazil mention him as a "US national", which afaik is the most concrete information we have as to his citizenship.

Another CIS post from two days ago mentions that if Santos was a non citizen and gained citizenship through his marriage to a woman, he would be in serious trouble. Since you have to wait three years after marriage to a US citizen to naturalize, and you must be a US citizen for at least 7 years in order to be elected to Congress:

"...Santos, an alien who had married on August 2, 2012, the earliest he could become naturalized was August 2, 2015. Seven years after that would be August 2, 2022, at the very earliest. This would have been 22 months after the 2020 election, meaning that if he used the marriage as a road to citizenship he ran for the 2020 election illegally. Had USCIS approved his petition four months or more after filing it, back in 2015, which would have been highly likely, he would not have been constitutionally eligible for the House in 2022."

Also thanks New York: "Checking on a birth certificate for someone else is impossible in the City of New York; if you want to know about a New York birth, you are told that you must apply for a birth certificate....only if you are the former baby in question, or a member of that ex-baby’s family, can you apply. Data sources like Ancestry provide birth certificate information, but only for some states (e.g., Texas [California as well]), but not for New York and others."

"The documents were first reported by The Forward and the Washington Post. They were obtained by Alex Calzareth, who requested them under the Freedom of Information Act and provided them to ABC News and other outlets.

According to the documents, Santos' mother had applied for a replacement green card in February 2003 with the American consulate in Brazil."

Personally, I feel like if he wasn't a US citizen, FIA documents obtained by the media would have already shown that. There are a bunch of things you have to do as a non-citizen, such as applying for a new/replacement green card, that the federal government keeps a record of.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #458 on: January 19, 2023, 04:29:58 PM »

So in other news, CBS interviewed George Anthony Devolder Santos’s former roomate and he said Santos only wanted to be in congress to get the lifetime healthcare and pension.

That’s plus his drag performer past makes Santos perhaps the first ever literal welfare queen
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #459 on: January 19, 2023, 04:30:19 PM »

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #460 on: January 19, 2023, 04:51:53 PM »

So in other news, CBS interviewed George Anthony Devolder Santos’s former roomate and he said Santos only wanted to be in congress to get the lifetime healthcare and pension.

That’s plus his drag performer past makes Santos perhaps the first ever literal welfare queen

Unfortunately for Santos, members of Congress are vested after 5 years of service. That means he'd have to be reelected twice to get the pension. Good luck, my dude.

Irrelevant Tangent: Why 5 years? I'm sure there's a reason but it feels a bit arbitrary. It hurts my soul knowing that Joe Sestak won't get a Congressional pension. (Who I just found out after looking at his wikipedia page, joined Andrew Yang's Freedom Party last year?!??) Personally I think service of at least 2 years would be more fair since that's one full house term, but I'm just some dude.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #461 on: January 19, 2023, 08:20:29 PM »

Unfortunately for Santos, members of Congress are vested after 5 years of service. That means he'd have to be reelected twice to get the pension. Good luck, my dude.
[/b{

Irrelevant Tangent: Why 5 years? I'm sure there's a reason but it feels a bit arbitrary. It hurts my soul knowing that Joe Sestak won't get a Congressional pension. (Who I just found out after looking at his wikipedia page, joined Andrew Yang's Freedom Party last year?!??) Personally I think service of at least 2 years would be more fair since that's one full house term, but I'm just some dude.

Thank god, the thought of this slime of a person being on government dime the rest of his life is gross
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #462 on: January 20, 2023, 09:56:06 AM »

I'm really starting to think Santos isn't even a US citizen. Perhaps his age also isn't true.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #463 on: January 20, 2023, 02:34:13 PM »

I feel like this is all leading up to Santos stealing the trillion dollar coin and skipping town.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #464 on: January 20, 2023, 04:47:51 PM »

2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #465 on: January 20, 2023, 04:59:29 PM »

🤨

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/20/george-santos-appears-to-admit-drag-queen-past-in-wiki-post-00078812

Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #466 on: January 20, 2023, 05:56:34 PM »

🤨

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/20/george-santos-appears-to-admit-drag-queen-past-in-wiki-post-00078812

I mean lying about literally everything about your life to win an election is one thing, but having a role, even a tiny one, in something as horrible as Hannah Montana? THAT'S the true grounds of expulsion
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2023, 06:05:13 PM »

🤨

Nope, he lied about that too, or at least the Hannah Montana part;

It Appears George Santos Also Lied About Appearing On “Hannah Montana”

Nope, way too damn far. If this country has any morality or decency left, tar and feather now!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2023, 09:34:16 PM »

[/b{

Thank god, the thought of this slime of a person being on government dime the rest of his life is gross
Love to hate a man who fought to reveal abuses in the military, because he joined a movement you dislike. Must be because of his policies.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2023, 10:38:43 PM »

[/b{

Love to hate a man who fought to reveal abuses in the military, because he joined a movement you dislike. Must be because of his policies.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Santos, not Sestak.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #470 on: January 20, 2023, 11:19:48 PM »

The Hannah Montana lie is the most amazing one yet. Somehow, whenever you think it can't be topped...

also why don't I get a congressional pension? Very unfair.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #471 on: January 21, 2023, 11:09:51 AM »

[/b{

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Santos, not Sestak.
Oh, I see now. I thought he was referring to Sestak because he bolded the portion about Sestak.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #472 on: January 23, 2023, 09:58:30 AM »

Siena New York (statewide) poll:

Should Santos resign?
59% yes
17% no

https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/SNY0123-Crosstabs-SCRI.pdf
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #473 on: January 23, 2023, 10:20:43 AM »

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #474 on: January 23, 2023, 10:33:09 AM »

I'm really starting to think Santos isn't even a US citizen. Perhaps his age also isn't true.
And there's even a Russian connection, because of course there is. At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if, underneath all the numerous layers of lies, deceptions, and aliases, he's really an FSB operative named something like Georgy Svatoyov who's actually 10 years older than he claims to be and who's been in deep cover for decades.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies