Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 06:17:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37
Author Topic: Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed  (Read 39609 times)
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: January 17, 2023, 07:52:34 PM »

You can’t kick out an elected politician because they lied. If you did that, every single politician would be kicked out of office.

That being said, if he broke campaign finance laws, then removal would probably be appropriate.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #426 on: January 17, 2023, 08:02:36 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #427 on: January 17, 2023, 08:28:16 PM »

Republican message: corrupt liars are the role models we want.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #428 on: January 17, 2023, 08:45:04 PM »

The NY GOP must know more than everyone else because they are trying WAY harder to take him down than anyone else...
honestly, it may just be to try and save face generally. They know they're overextended after their shock wins in congress last year and are trying to look as good as possible to stem the tide against everyone else.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #429 on: January 17, 2023, 08:46:13 PM »

Here is my number one question about George Santos:  I could have uncovered his lies within 24 hours.  How is it that the Democratic opposition research did not uncover them during the course of the campaign.

They did uncover it but didn’t think it was that important *gestures angrily*

Apparently George Zimmerman, his Democratic opponent, did uncover a lot of this stuff and tried to bring it up during the campaign, but the NY media brushed it off.

Haha, sorry to be pedantic, but you mean Robert.

Yeah, it's some bulls*** that this was ignored. And to Zimmerman's credit you clearly can't blame him for trying to address this, no matter what other shortcomings and headwinds his campaign had.

Goddamit, that's so embarrassing LOL.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #430 on: January 17, 2023, 08:48:24 PM »

he stole money from a disabled veteran's dying dog?
how? how do you manage to check all the boxes of someone who's a real POS? I'm not even getting angrier at this point, I'm more impressed Santos was able to keep a lid on all this for so long.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2023, 08:56:05 PM »

Doctor Oz pulls off the mask and reveals he was George Santos. Have you ever seen them in a picture together?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2023, 09:01:31 PM »

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2023, 09:04:45 PM »

how? how do you manage to check all the boxes of someone who's a real POS? I'm not even getting angrier at this point, I'm more impressed Santos was able to keep a lid on all this for so long.
He's sleazier than I.M. Slime.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #434 on: January 18, 2023, 01:54:56 AM »

Me two days ago: well at least it’s not like he stole thousands of dollars from a disabled veteran's dog's cancer treatment or something like that.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #435 on: January 18, 2023, 02:27:19 AM »

Me two days ago: well at least it’s not like he stole thousands of dollars from a disabled veteran's dog's cancer treatment or something like that.

I’m 75% sure I have heard these exact phrase used as hyperbole for the absolute worst thing a person in politics could do.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #436 on: January 18, 2023, 08:36:15 AM »

You can’t kick out an elected politician because they lied. If you did that, every single politician would be kicked out of office.

That being said, if he broke campaign finance laws, then removal would probably be appropriate.

The level of falsification is key though. Every politician lies. What Santos has done has gone WAY beyond any of that.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #437 on: January 18, 2023, 09:17:30 AM »

If this is true, this is the kind of scandal Jonah would face on Veep.

When my daughter was little, we'd play madlibs with her and she would give responses so dark that they started to concern us (fortunately she grew out of it).

Every new headline about Santos is starting to feel like they're actually just her childhood madlibs responses.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #438 on: January 18, 2023, 11:09:25 AM »

Here is my number one question about George Santos:  I could have uncovered his lies within 24 hours.  How is it that the Democratic opposition research did not uncover them during the course of the campaign.

They did uncover it but didn’t think it was that important *gestures angrily*

Apparently George Zimmerman, his Democratic opponent, did uncover a lot of this stuff and tried to bring it up during the campaign, but the NY media brushed it off.

Haha, sorry to be pedantic, but you mean Robert.

Yeah, it's some bulls*** that this was ignored. And to Zimmerman's credit you clearly can't blame him for trying to address this, no matter what other shortcomings and headwinds his campaign had.

Ehh, while the media certainly deserves some of the blame on this, and it can't be pinned just on Zimmerman, I do question how much effort Zimmerman put into trying to get this story out.   No texts, no mailings, no e-mails, no real contacts to the constituents on this.  As a registered Democrat in the district who is on a bunch of Democratic e-mail, text lists, etc, there was absolutely on this.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #439 on: January 18, 2023, 12:15:15 PM »

The level of falsification is key though. Every politician lies. What Santos has done has gone WAY beyond any of that.

Santos has lied mor than most, but at the same time, I personally find most of his lies harmless in terms of actually doing his job. I don’t think he’ll be re-elected, but I’m fine if he wants to serve the remainder of his term without interference.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #440 on: January 18, 2023, 01:51:04 PM »

Santos has lied mor than most, but at the same time, I personally find most of his lies harmless in terms of actually doing his job. I don’t think he’ll be re-elected, but I’m fine if he wants to serve the remainder of his term without interference.

Yeah. The dog wasn't a constituent, so nothing is impeding his job performance.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #441 on: January 18, 2023, 02:25:54 PM »

Apparently he attended Trump University and learned how defrauding people and charity is being done.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #442 on: January 18, 2023, 03:34:04 PM »

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #443 on: January 18, 2023, 03:52:52 PM »

The problem is that he likely has broken financial laws, and the pmany of the other lies were to some degree an attempt to make everything look nice. This seems to be the Long Island GOPs concern, so they want him to resign when he is just a scumbag,  not a criminal scumbag.
kyc0705

« Reply #444 on: January 18, 2023, 03:59:38 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2023, 04:04:12 PM by kyc0705 »

Wondering if anyone at the 2029 Emmys will thank him in their acceptance speeches when they win for the obviously-forthcoming Hulu Original miniseries.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #445 on: January 18, 2023, 07:34:33 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2023, 08:15:49 PM by ProudModerate2 »

George Santos took $3,000 from dying dog’s GoFundMe, veterans say.

Two New Jersey veterans say now-Congressman George Santos promised to raise funds for lifesaving surgery for one of their dogs in 2016, then became elusive and took off with the money.

... Osthoff said his dog passed away about six months after his last contact with Santos.
His dog, Sapphire, “was my little savior,” he told CNN. “She kept me on this planet.”
Osthoff said he had to panhandle for the money to pay for her euthanization.

https://us.cnn.com/2023/01/18/politics/george-santos-veteran-dog-gofundme/index.html

You can read the entire story and get additional detail, from the link above.
It's just astonishing to me that this guy is in Congress representing anyone. He is a liar, and pure scum.

And I'm sure there will be more stories like this that will be exposed by the media about "Anthony Devolder" or George Santos, or whatever other name this moron used to defraud others.
kyc0705

« Reply #446 on: January 18, 2023, 07:51:53 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #447 on: January 18, 2023, 08:17:08 PM »

If the drag queen story is true, it's beyond hilarious that the Republicans wound up electing one of their nemeses.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #448 on: January 18, 2023, 08:56:49 PM »

He has reached a whole new level of scumbag by defrauding homeless vets and dying dogs.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #449 on: January 18, 2023, 09:29:20 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies