Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:32:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37
Author Topic: Scandal in the Wind 2023. George Santos gets Sashayed  (Read 38731 times)
Zedonathin2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 15, 2023, 10:37:45 PM »

From Reuters:

U.S. Representative George Santos, who lied about much of his resume and life story, will be removed from Congress if found to have broken campaign finance laws, fellow Republican and House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer said on Sunday.

"He's a bad guy," Comer said on CNN's "State of the Union" program. "It's not up to me or any other member of Congress to determine whether he can be kicked out for lying. Now, if he broke campaign finance laws, then he will be removed from Congress."

I'm not familiar with James Comer, so I'm just picturing James Comey with a fake mustache.

He represents Kentucky’s 1st district (Paducah, Murray etc.). And he sadly has no mustache
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #401 on: January 15, 2023, 10:48:11 PM »

From Reuters:

U.S. Representative George Santos, who lied about much of his resume and life story, will be removed from Congress if found to have broken campaign finance laws, fellow Republican and House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer said on Sunday.

"He's a bad guy," Comer said on CNN's "State of the Union" program. "It's not up to me or any other member of Congress to determine whether he can be kicked out for lying. Now, if he broke campaign finance laws, then he will be removed from Congress."

I'm not familiar with James Comer, so I'm just picturing James Comey with a fake mustache.

He represents Kentucky’s 1st district (Paducah, Murray etc.). And he sadly has no mustache

The only thing I know about him is during redistricting the rumor as to why KY-1 got the weird arm snake to Frankfort was cause Comer wanted to move there
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #402 on: January 15, 2023, 10:58:03 PM »

Add another one to the list:

Is there anything he can’t do!

Tell the truth.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #403 on: January 15, 2023, 10:58:40 PM »

Do reporters really need to run down the halls? That makes them just as pathetic as Santos.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: January 15, 2023, 11:06:07 PM »

Do reporters really need to run down the halls? That makes them just as pathetic as Santos.
Well usually when a politician (like santos) doesn’t want to answer questions they start running too, so they need to run if they want to ask questions
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #405 on: January 16, 2023, 01:25:53 PM »

Well usually when a politician (like santos) doesn’t want to answer questions they start running too, so they need to run if they want to ask questions
Can you imagine Walter Cronkite running to catch some sleezbag that he knows won't answer any questions?

Modern reporting is just paparazzi. No class, no honor. Worst, they think they are in the West Wing.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2023, 01:56:43 PM »

So there’s a WaPo article alleging Santos’s cousin has links to a sanctioned Russian oligarch, I would link it but I don’t have the subscription.

This is just becoming political mab lib
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2023, 02:17:56 PM »

So there’s a WaPo article alleging Santos’s cousin has links to a sanctioned Russian oligarch, I would link it but I don’t have the subscription.

It's almost comical how this worse and worse with every passing day.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2023, 02:28:51 PM »

Next we’re gonna find out that Santos’s ancestors were not only not Ukrainian Jews, but like actually gestapo members
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2023, 02:42:32 PM »

Next we’re gonna find out that Santos’s ancestors were not only not Ukrainian Jews, but like actually gestapo members

As long as they didn't belong to the Gazpacho police, it's not much of an issue I guess.
RRusso1982
Rookie
« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2023, 02:50:05 PM »

Here is my number one question about George Santos:  I could have uncovered his lies within 24 hours.  How is it that the Democratic opposition research did not uncover them during the course of the campaign.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2023, 02:52:05 PM »

Here is my number one question about George Santos:  I could have uncovered his lies within 24 hours.  How is it that the Democratic opposition research did not uncover them during the course of the campaign.

They did uncover it but didn’t think it was that important *gestures angrily*
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2023, 08:39:48 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2023, 08:55:16 PM by Storr »

More newly publicized lies. On October 27, 2020 during an interview on the WABC Sid and Friends In The Morning radio show, Santos claimed to have had two knee replacements due to playing volleyball.

We've already known about the false claims that he graduated from Baruch College and was on the men's volleyball team. But in this audio, Santos additionally claims that whenever Baruch played Yale or Harvard "we slayed them", "were champions across the entire Northeast Corridor", and "every school that came up against us, they were shaking at the time".

Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #413 on: January 17, 2023, 01:24:47 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #414 on: January 17, 2023, 01:31:17 PM »

The NY GOP must know more than everyone else because they are trying WAY harder to take him down than anyone else...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #415 on: January 17, 2023, 01:35:31 PM »

Apparently George Zimmerman, his Democratic opponent, did uncover a lot of this stuff and tried to bring it up during the campaign, but the NY media brushed it off.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #416 on: January 17, 2023, 01:38:50 PM »

The only reason that I see Santos leaving Congress is if there ends up being an active warrant out for his arrest. McCarthy won't bring an expulsion vote to the floor and even if he runs for re-election (which I assume he will), he's still likely to overperform Liz Cheney but I doubt he'd win the general (he'd almost certainly be DOA if he managed to pull it off in the primary).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #417 on: January 17, 2023, 01:44:53 PM »

More newly publicized lies. On October 27, 2020 during an interview on the WABC Sid and Friends In The Morning radio show, Santos claimed to have had two knee replacements due to playing volleyball.

We've already known about the false claims that he graduated from Baruch College and was on the men's volleyball team. But in this audio, Santos additionally claims that whenever Baruch played Yale or Harvard "we slayed them", "were champions across the entire Northeast Corridor", and "every school that came up against us, they were shaking at the time".

A new day, a new lie.

I think this is one of the worst effects of polarization. While some Republicans called for him to step down (credit where credit is due) it becomes much easier to sit such scandals out than before.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #418 on: January 17, 2023, 02:01:31 PM »

Apparently George Zimmerman, his Democratic opponent, did uncover a lot of this stuff and tried to bring it up during the campaign, but the NY media brushed it off.

To be fair if I was a news editor and Zimmerman brought forward this stuff I would’ve shrugged it off as a made up swear campaign just how extensive and ridiculously mundane some of his lies are
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #419 on: January 17, 2023, 06:33:49 PM »

Haha, sorry to be pedantic, but you mean Robert.

Yeah, it's some bulls*** that this was ignored. And to Zimmerman's credit you clearly can't blame him for trying to address this, no matter what other shortcomings and headwinds his campaign had.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: January 17, 2023, 06:47:24 PM »

Haha, sorry to be pedantic, but you mean Robert.

Yeah, it's some bulls*** that this was ignored. And to Zimmerman's credit you clearly can't blame him for trying to address this, no matter what other shortcomings and headwinds his campaign had.

oof yea that’s very much the wrong Zimmerman
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #421 on: January 17, 2023, 07:06:54 PM »

If this is true, this is the kind of scandal Jonah would face on Veep.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #422 on: January 17, 2023, 07:15:40 PM »

I wonder how Dr. Oz feels about this.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #423 on: January 17, 2023, 07:25:12 PM »

he stole money from a disabled veteran's dying dog?
Zedonathin2020
United States

« Reply #424 on: January 17, 2023, 07:31:41 PM »

I wonder how Dr. Oz feels about this.

Forget Prison, this guy qualifies to be in a mental institution
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies