What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:43:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)  (Read 23797 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2022, 12:24:54 PM »

Nobody is getting killed

All these candidate direct interactions are approved by me beforehand

Endorsements have to be granted by me and are given based on how much sense they make and if you’ve courted them or not in certain cases
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #126 on: December 23, 2022, 10:13:04 PM »

New turn coming tomorrow
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2022, 11:25:57 PM »

New turn up

Small whoopsies from me and S019. Florida already has a 15 week law for abortion, we have mutually agreed to retcon his proposal to 10 weeks, which preserves the spirit of the legislation.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2022, 11:44:20 PM »

Glad to see the game get off to a good start. Can't wait for the debates!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2022, 06:18:07 PM »

I will edit my last post to remove any of those public figures who don't support my candidate. I'll have more actual campaign stuff later, but I wanted to see if this was ok.
Carolyn
Rookie
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2022, 07:04:37 PM »

Just got hit with a medical complication this morning, so that's cutting into my free time. I'm withdrawing as Pete since this game's a lot more time intensive than the Star Wars one. Sorry about the trouble.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2022, 07:42:32 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2022, 07:56:30 PM by KaiserDave »

I will edit my last post to remove any of those public figures who don't support my candidate. I'll have more actual campaign stuff later, but I wanted to see if this was ok.

Yeah remove them all please you just request all surrogates. Gaetz is literally another candidate.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #132 on: December 26, 2022, 07:42:57 PM »

Just got hit with a medical complication this morning, so that's cutting into my free time. I'm withdrawing as Pete since this game's a lot more time intensive than the Star Wars one. Sorry about the trouble.

I’m very sorry to hear that. Feel better!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #133 on: December 26, 2022, 07:44:46 PM »

Pete is a big player so I’m opening the door to the wider Atlas gaming community to take that spot!
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #134 on: December 26, 2022, 07:48:56 PM »

I pray that you will be okay, Carolyn.

Should nobody claim Buttigieg, I feel it would be a good time to allow some unorthodox candidates in the mix. There would surely be a big gap in the moderate lane.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2022, 07:49:38 PM »

Should nobody claim Buttigieg, I feel it would be a good time to allow some unorthodox candidates in the mix. There would surely be a big gap in the moderate lane.

Example? We might have someone willing to swap
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2022, 07:53:06 PM »

Example? We might have someone willing to swap

Off the top of my head: Bloomberg, for one. He's actually talked IRL within the last year or so about being open to another bid. Tim Ryan could be another. You could also have some wealthy outsider like Mark Cuban.
oldkyhome
Rookie
United States

« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2022, 08:10:31 PM »

Pete resigning as Secretary just to not run for President wouldn't make any sense, although I suppose we could retcon that.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2022, 08:14:29 PM »

Pete resigning as Secretary just to not run for President wouldn't make any sense, although I suppose we could retcon that.

He could have his own health scare Tongue
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2022, 08:20:26 PM »

While we sort this out don’t let this distract you keep posting
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2022, 03:06:04 PM »

Justin Amash's camapign for president; A Helping Hand.

July
In the midst of a string of speeches and events through Iowa, New Hampshire, and Georgia, Amash took followers with him to hear a number of important liberty leaning figures speak in favor of his candidacy. This list included Ron Paul, Rand Paul, John Stossel, Gary Johnson, Ted Cruz, Eric July, Gary Oldman, Clint Eastwood, Nicolas Sarwark, Jo Jorgenson, Thomas Massie, Matt Gaetz, and Scott Perry.

I feel like this list on the whole is too right-wing for Amash tbh. Overall, sure, there are more prominent libertarians in the GOP than the Democrats (such as the Pauls and Thomas Massie), but honestly, I highly doubt he'd include someone like, say, Matt Gaetz. Just my thoughts, of course, but also, if Amash was running a national campaign, I feel like he'd be better served to have a more "balanced" list so as to avoid alienating left-of-center libertarians (unless he intends to focus mostly on right-leaning libertarians? in which case this list is pretty solid probably).
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2022, 03:20:33 PM »

July
In the midst of a string of speeches and events through Iowa, New Hampshire, and Georgia, Amash took followers with him to hear a number of important liberty leaning figures speak in favor of his candidacy. This list included Ron Paul, Rand Paul, John Stossel, Gary Johnson, Ted Cruz, Eric July, Gary Oldman, Clint Eastwood, Nicolas Sarwark, Jo Jorgenson, Thomas Massie, Matt Gaetz, and Scott Perry.

I feel like this list on the whole is too right-wing for Amash tbh. Overall, sure, there are more prominent libertarians in the GOP than the Democrats (such as the Pauls and Thomas Massie), but honestly, I highly doubt he'd include someone like, say, Matt Gaetz. Just my thoughts, of course, but also, if Amash was running a national campaign, I feel like he'd be better served to have a more "balanced" list so as to avoid alienating left-of-center libertarians (unless he intends to focus mostly on right-leaning libertarians? in which case this list is pretty solid probably).

It has been voided
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2022, 03:21:47 PM »

Out of curiosity, when will the debate come out? Before or after the new year?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: December 27, 2022, 03:23:58 PM »

July

It has been voided

?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #144 on: December 27, 2022, 03:41:26 PM »

Out of curiosity, when will the debate come out? Before or after the new year?
Before
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2022, 03:41:49 PM »

July

It has been voided

?
He didn’t request those endorsements he can’t use them
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2022, 06:30:57 PM »

Glorious news! Mycool has agreed to take on the role of Pete, though I believe we will all miss Carolyn this is great news. Polis will become an NPC.

Carry on players! Debate coming very soon indeed!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2022, 11:16:00 PM »

Hello folks. Ypestis (D-NYC) has offered to play as Al Gore, he's a friend and a brilliant player, but I understand this could be disruptive or shake up the dynamics of the game which might already be settled.

But, considering that Pritzker and AOC are inactive, I think it's pretty fair for someone else to take up the space left behind and Gore and JB have similar-ish lanes.

Ypestis has offered to take JB if AFE consents and if people reject Gore.

So, do you think Gore is fair game? I know Spiral will probably be in favor.

(Working on the debate, keep posting and will make the debate once this is settled)

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2022, 11:19:30 PM »

To confirm: yes, I approve. Cool
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2022, 11:24:51 PM »

Would love to hear from Democratic players, Ashton, Mycool, GotFan, and others.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies