What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:32:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What Comes After: A 2024 Game (Signup/Discussion)  (Read 22225 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: December 10, 2022, 04:55:47 PM »

Requesting Alex Jones.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2022, 05:04:57 PM »

I'm not offering Alex Jones (see: bankruptcy and Sandy Hook lies), but I see we might be missing someone in his lane, I thought Hawley/Paul might have covered it but maybe someone more outside the box, more crazy. Larry Elder, Jim Jordan, Kari Lake, Charlie Kirk?

Damn. Would you consider Kanye?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 05:11:06 PM »

I'm not offering Alex Jones (see: bankruptcy and Sandy Hook lies), but I see we might be missing someone in his lane, I thought Hawley/Paul might have covered it but maybe someone more outside the box, more crazy. Larry Elder, Jim Jordan, Kari Lake, Charlie Kirk?

Damn. Would you consider Kanye?

I guess I could but I suppose I wouldn't want to waste your experience and talent on a fringe/quasi-meme character. I agree we may be lacking for the right wing fringe though if you want that lane. I also made the list for a reason.

I get that, man. No worries on this all as I understand where you're coming from. It would be rather hard to overcome the level of fringe with Kanye in particular lol.

Here's someone out of the box, but more viable: Roger Stone.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 06:06:15 PM »

How will media appearances and interviews for candidates be handled? Some games have given players a lot of leeway in what is said while others have that more tightly scripted by the GM.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 01:32:05 PM »

Will the game begin in January of 2023? And is it fine if some candidates don't announce their runs until later on?

I personally think later makes more sense. There's no way some candidates (like DeSantis) are going to announce that early (for that matter, Harris won't either, I presume).

A really early start also raises the risk of the game losing momentum even before the primaries.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 12:58:45 PM »

How will endorsements be announced and updated for us to keep track?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2022, 10:18:11 PM »

I assume that we're still free to detail the whole turn even after the posting of the midterm, as long as we've done it by the 23rd, right? Also, will the upcoming debate be its own separate turn or consolidated into the next one? I'll be out on vacation for a week starting on the 21st, and my connection may be limited then.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 10:12:22 PM »

Got the first ten days for Noem up. My worry is I may be unleashing too much stuff all at once, and I should pace myself and not get rid of too much ammunition too quickly. What do you all think? Could I give Noem's attacks/messages at a slower pace? Should I? I mean, it's only been 10 days, and though there's doubtless plenty of other things to say at this juncture (hell, I've not even attacked all my opponents - only Pence and Hogan, so far, and those two are among the least of Noem's worries), my fear is I'll run out and have to keep recycling all the same stuff soon enough if I don't slow down.

With the length of this primary, plus the rate at which you're going, you'll be fully worn out doing the day-to-day schedules before the first turn is even over. I'd strongly advise to follow the model that KaiserDave suggested for us: Think about the big picture points you want to touch on for each turn and put your attention towards that. Which voters do you wish to target? How will you promote yourself? Time is a lot more fluid in this game, and posting in a linear fashion isn't even necessary so much as just describing what activities and talking points you want the candidate to achieve before the turn is up.

Your first post in the thread is a great start. I'd rework it to take out the dates and instead focus on what you want to do and say overall between February and May.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2022, 07:48:56 PM »

I pray that you will be okay, Carolyn.

Should nobody claim Buttigieg, I feel it would be a good time to allow some unorthodox candidates in the mix. There would surely be a big gap in the moderate lane.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2022, 07:53:06 PM »

I pray that you will be okay, Carolyn.

Should nobody claim Buttigieg, I feel it would be a good time to allow some unorthodox candidates in the mix. There would surely be a big gap in the moderate lane.

Example? We might have someone willing to swap

Off the top of my head: Bloomberg, for one. He's actually talked IRL within the last year or so about being open to another bid. Tim Ryan could be another. You could also have some wealthy outsider like Mark Cuban.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2022, 08:14:29 PM »

Pete resigning as Secretary just to not run for President wouldn't make any sense, although I suppose we could retcon that.

He could have his own health scare Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2022, 11:19:30 PM »

To confirm: yes, I approve. Cool
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2022, 04:25:24 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2022, 04:48:20 PM by Senator Spiral »

How will post-debate verdicts and reactions be detailed? Will it be through those discussion panels mentioned in the debate post?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2022, 05:21:56 PM »

Also, just to make sure I'm in compliance with debate rules: I wouldn't be allowed to respond to Ishan's statement on Stone, correct?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2022, 06:12:57 PM »

Also, just to make sure I'm in compliance with debate rules: I wouldn't be allowed to respond to Ishan's statement on Stone, correct?

Btw I found the opening line of your opening speech ("I'm Roger Stone, tonight's sharpest dressed man on stage") to be pretty hilarious as well (tbh it almost paints Stone as an ageing metrosexual, lol).

That's 100% who Stone is lol
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2023, 11:39:00 AM »

The news blurb about the Speaker election seems a little prophetic...

This actually made me think: Does McCarthy still have a leadership spot after being dethroned by Scalise?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2023, 11:37:10 AM »

Something that I feel would be very helpful for players is periodically posting some barometers for how candidates are doing with fundraising, organization, etc. Lumine had a great model in some of his past games. Here's an example.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2023, 09:49:21 PM »

How ironic would it be if Harris only beat Gore by 537 votes in South Carolina...

Stop the Steal!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2023, 10:58:51 AM »

Will there be a full debate reaction post like in the previous turn? That was very illuminating, especially for the candidate interactions.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2023, 05:33:42 PM »

Will there be a full debate reaction post like in the previous turn? That was very illuminating, especially for the candidate interactions.

Will work on it I know it's crucial. Trying to avoid burnout.

Avoiding burnout is important for all of us. I can speak for everyone here when I say we appreciate all the work you've put into this game. There's nothing wrong with deadline extensions or other ways to ease the burden when it's needed.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 03:25:52 PM »

Was the list of Super Tuesday states ever settled for both parties? I believe you once mentioned using the 2020 calendar with 2016 dates for any cancelled contests, although I keep getting paranoid about forgetting certain states when planning ahead. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2023, 12:24:38 AM »

Any chance we could get a on day extension? Understandable if not, but was swamped this weekend.
Second this.

Thirded. I was almost gonna be 'that guy,' but I'm glad YPestis was brave first. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 02:42:26 PM »

I'm just happy that I could entertain you all and contribute to this incredible game.

From someone who is only an spectator, I can't stress enough how much fun I draw from the Stone campaign. I still prefer Spiral's Sam Yorty, but it's an impressive commitment.

Somehow it all circles back to the Nixon years, doesn't it? I'm still holding out hope that we can give Fear and Loathing the proper finish it deserves one day.

The latest post is a new level of amazing.

I had so much fun writing that one. If I had gotten Penn and Teller's endorsement on time, I would have made them magically reveal Stone during one of their shows.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2023, 03:37:02 PM »

I'm just happy that I could entertain you all and contribute to this incredible game.

From someone who is only an spectator, I can't stress enough how much fun I draw from the Stone campaign. I still prefer Spiral's Sam Yorty, but it's an impressive commitment.

Somehow it all circles back to the Nixon years, doesn't it? I'm still holding out hope that we can give Fear and Loathing the proper finish it deserves one day.

The latest post is a new level of amazing.

I had so much fun writing that one. If I had gotten Penn and Teller's endorsement on time, I would have made them magically reveal Stone during one of their shows.

Penn is a bit of a resist lib these days as it happens!

I know, damn shame. Everything changed after he went on Celebrity Apprentice.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2023, 06:27:29 PM »

Stone's reaction after seeing the latest polling
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies