2024 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:03:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2024 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33
Author Topic: 2024 Generic Ballot / Recruitment / Fundraising / Ratings Megathread  (Read 46615 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: February 06, 2024, 11:55:35 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #676 on: February 12, 2024, 05:43:07 AM »

538 GCB: R+1.2
R 44.4%
D 43.2%

Recent polls:
McLaughlin: R+4 (46-42)
NBC News: R+4 (49-45)
Emerson: R+1 (43-42)
YouGov/Yahoo: tie (42-42)
YouGov/Economist: D+1 (43-42)
Clarity: D+1 (45-44)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/generic-ballot/
Hot take- I don't even know if R's can afford to lose the generic ballot at this point. I think the days of R's having the house advantage(being able to win without the house PV) are gone.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #677 on: February 12, 2024, 05:06:55 PM »

I sure never got that much allowance when I was a kid.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #678 on: February 13, 2024, 04:52:34 PM »

Can’t candidates contribute as much money to their campaigns as they want? Why would he need to launder it through his children lol
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #679 on: February 13, 2024, 08:09:40 PM »

Can’t candidates contribute as much money to their campaigns as they want? Why would he need to launder it through his children lol

Makes you think maybe it wasn’t a self-contribution.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #680 on: February 15, 2024, 09:53:15 AM »

I don't know if there's a better thread to post this in (mods please move if so) but the latest rumblings are that Dems think an all-Democrat general election between Salas and Hurtado is possible in CA-22 based on polling showing Valadao extremely vulnerable to his Trum-aligned Republican challenger.

Since I posted this, this has transformed into panic about getting locked out as Mathys has proven resilient and Valadao is not hitting him (he doesn't need to, Valadao has enough name ID as the incumbent and appeal to independents/non-ideologues to take one of the top two spots, so this dynamic benefits him).

There is intense desire within the party to not have Hurtado as the nominee - I don't know why - but there is going to be a big push to get Salas through (if there isn't one already, I've been offline for some time dealing with stuff and am just getting reoriented now).
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #681 on: February 15, 2024, 10:17:06 AM »

I don't know if there's a better thread to post this in (mods please move if so) but the latest rumblings are that Dems think an all-Democrat general election between Salas and Hurtado is possible in CA-22 based on polling showing Valadao extremely vulnerable to his Trum-aligned Republican challenger.

Since I posted this, this has transformed into panic about getting locked out as Mathys has proven resilient and Valadao is not hitting him (he doesn't need to, Valadao has enough name ID as the incumbent and appeal to independents/non-ideologues to take one of the top two spots, so this dynamic benefits him).

There is intense desire within the party to not have Hurtado as the nominee - I don't know why - but there is going to be a big push to get Salas through (if there isn't one already, I've been offline for some time dealing with stuff and am just getting reoriented now).

From the looks of it, Hurtado can’t fundraise to save her life.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #682 on: February 15, 2024, 01:03:53 PM »

I wonder if she has some skeletons in her closet tbh
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #683 on: February 15, 2024, 01:07:39 PM »

Salas isn't doing great either for that matter but Hurtado is like James Craig levels of poor fundraising
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #684 on: February 15, 2024, 06:22:51 PM »

Just a note that we now have an individual thread for CA-22 and the possibility of an R-vs-R general election there.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=574031.0
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #685 on: February 17, 2024, 03:41:56 PM »

FWIW, the primary between Min and Weiss has become extremely nasty.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #686 on: February 17, 2024, 05:06:36 PM »

Press X to doubt re: Min advancing
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #687 on: February 20, 2024, 11:32:11 AM »

Press X to doubt re: Min advancing
That would be great if he lost to Weiss. The DUI would make this more competitive than it should be
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #688 on: February 20, 2024, 03:55:33 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2024, 09:51:12 PM »

Rich dudes might not be that bad in a cycle where the GOP might be more limited in money since they can self-fund. Is the electoral penalty for being a rich dude greater than the alternative penalty of having a less resourced campaign - hard to say.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #690 on: February 22, 2024, 10:09:01 PM »

Obvious disclaimer that Whitesides is a self-funder.  However,  the takeaway still holds merit: McCarthy was a Californian and had the connections and preferences to boost the GOP there. One wonders just how much of their comparative success in CA last cycle was down to that simple allocation of resources,  both financial and internal. We may never know, and only can compare past results to future ones.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #691 on: February 22, 2024, 10:12:19 PM »

Obvious disclaimer that Whitesides is a self-funder.  However,  the takeaway still holds merit: McCarthy was a Californian and had the connections and preferences to boost the GOP there. One wonders just how much of their comparative success in CA last cycle was down to that simple allocation of resources,  both financial and internal. We may never know, and only can compare past results to future ones.

Well at least this means the GOP will start to become more competitive in Louisiana!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #692 on: February 28, 2024, 04:56:37 PM »
« Edited: February 29, 2024, 01:45:50 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

New YouGov poll has Dems with the lead: 44-43%

Interestingly, the very right-trending demographic group of 18-29 years olds support the Democrats 60-29% over the Republicans. They also give the Democratic Party a +25 favorability rating. #FunWithCrosstabs

https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/econTabReport_hi9l9P2.pdf
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #693 on: February 28, 2024, 11:44:32 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #694 on: February 29, 2024, 10:49:02 AM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #695 on: February 29, 2024, 10:51:48 AM »
« Edited: February 29, 2024, 12:49:50 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

I'd personally move Sykes, Deluzio, Pelota, and D'Esposito all one spot to the left, and none to the right because I don't want to.

But solid ratings overall.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #696 on: February 29, 2024, 11:06:15 AM »

The actual changes are that NY-03 went from Lean D to Likely D and NY-22 went from Tossup to Lean D. Reasonable, though I may have also moved NY-04 to Lean D.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #697 on: February 29, 2024, 11:10:52 AM »

I’d move CA-41, NY-19, NY-18, and CA-22 one tick right and ME-02, CO-08, NM-02, OH-13, and WA-03 one tick left.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #698 on: February 29, 2024, 01:37:18 PM »

Thanks to new McLaughlin and OnMessage polls that were meh for the GOP, the 538 tracker is now back at dead even, 44.1-44.1

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #699 on: February 29, 2024, 01:41:57 PM »

Thanks to new McLaughlin and OnMessage polls that were meh for the GOP, the 538 tracker is now back at dead even, 44.1-44.1

I wonder if the liberal media talking about how much Trump is supposedly favored to win will cause some sort of momentum for down ballot Dems. Voters don't like either candidates, it's easy to see them gravitating towards the opposing party so that they can keep some sort of a check on them. We're already seeing how well Senate Dems are polling. Maybe we won't see any major convergence after all?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies