NJ-SEN 2024: Draggin' The Line (3/24: Murphy OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:35:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-SEN 2024: Draggin' The Line (3/24: Murphy OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41
Author Topic: NJ-SEN 2024: Draggin' The Line (3/24: Murphy OUT)  (Read 40516 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: February 05, 2024, 11:46:33 PM »
« edited: February 05, 2024, 11:51:20 PM by Oryxslayer »

This comes as the Monmouth Dems are set to meet in the coming days and given an endorsement and line. The expectation right now has been that Kim is the slight favorite to get that, as he represents part of the region,  and stuff like this can't help Murphy.

Funny extract from that article as well, given what happened publicly at the University Dems conference. Real big "accusation but actually confession" vibes:

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #576 on: February 06, 2024, 08:47:40 AM »

Got some kind of sponsored poll for the Murphy campaign today, in which they tested out various lines of attack against Kim. They are trying to paint Kim as a DINO/Republican, which is very funny when considering which candidate in this primary was literally a registered Republican for decades.

I heard they were trying to attack him for being a State Department employee during the Bush administration. I wonder what they think about Murphy donating to Bush’s campaign in 2004.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #577 on: February 06, 2024, 10:55:21 AM »

Menendez still hasn't announced to retire? What a cuck.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #578 on: February 06, 2024, 11:28:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/pocryphal/status/1754678379301798236

This comes as the Monmouth Dems are set to m24 hoeet in the coming days and given an endorsement and line. The expectation right now has been that Kim is the slight favorite to get that, as he represents part of the region,  and stuff like this can't help Murphy.

Funny extract from that article as well, given what happened publicly at the University Dems conference. Real big "accusation but actually confession" vibes:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFnouSBXoAABv-S?format=jpg

"I do endorse Tammy Murphy in this race," Lozowick told the New Jersey Globe. "I had held up my endorsement, because I was really trying to not influence any county committee[members] in one way or the other. I wanted to let them do whatever they wanted to do."

That seems to contradict what Lozowick had said yesterday; he had said that he wasn't sure how he ended up on Murphy's endorsement list, and that he was going into Saturday's Monmouth County Democratic convention as a genuinely undecided vote.

"I'm absolutely neutral," he said less than 24 hours ago. "In fact, when I go in to vote on Saturday, I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for."

Lozowick's change of heart appears to have been prompted by lobbying from an old friend: Somerset County Democratic chair and statewide Democratic vice-chair Peg Schaffer, whom Lozowick has known for decades. Schaffer, the former borough attorney in Bradley Beach, is a staunch Tammy Murphy supporter and a longtime member of Gov. Phil Murphy's inner orbit.

"Steve told me over a month ago he was supporting the First Lady," Schaffer said of Lozowick. "I was surprised to read the article [in which he said he was neutral], which is what prompted me to call him."

Lozowick was one of four endorsers from yesterday's list who said afterwards that they had not made any endorsement. Brielle Democratic municipal chair Kevin Starkey told the New Jersey Globe he had not discussed any endorsement with the Murphy campaign, while Ocean Township Mayor John Napolitani and Asbury Park Councilwoman Angela Ahbez-Anderson both said on Facebook that they were remaining neutral in the race, though Ahbez-Anderson later took her post down.

Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #579 on: February 07, 2024, 07:14:46 PM »

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #580 on: February 10, 2024, 11:42:29 AM »
« Edited: February 10, 2024, 01:20:18 PM by Oryxslayer »

Convention day in Long Branch, Monmouth.  In theory should be for Kim, but both candidates could win the line:

EDIT: Also Passaic is took steps for their line today:

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #581 on: February 10, 2024, 11:48:07 AM »

Did Menendez not compete at all or does he just have zero support?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #582 on: February 10, 2024, 12:35:44 PM »

Did Menendez not compete at all or does he just have zero support?

Menendez never had any real supporters outside of Hudson County (i.e the machine he runs). Even they have abandoned him.

His "support" elsewhere was pure party loyalty, coming from folks who would vote for literally any Democrat for Senate.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #583 on: February 10, 2024, 01:34:58 PM »

LET’S GO

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #584 on: February 10, 2024, 02:03:28 PM »

Incredible news!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #585 on: February 10, 2024, 02:04:13 PM »

Happy Seollal everybody!
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #586 on: February 10, 2024, 02:10:12 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2024, 02:23:54 PM by Oryxslayer »

Vote was apparently not that close, 265 to 181.

Also Herb Conoway got the endorsement in NJ-03 by a similarly wide margin,  notable since a different and unrelated lady Murphy could be the frontrunner.

Schedule on for future conventions,  ones listed on the right seem to be the closed insider variety all but guaranteed to go to Murphy like Passaic earlier. Ones on the left are the open ones. These open conventions,  even outside of Kims backyard, may get more contested since Kim won quite handily:

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #587 on: February 10, 2024, 02:20:53 PM »

Also Herb Conoway got the endorsement in NJ-03 by a similarly wide margin,  notable since a different and unrelated lady Murphy could be the frontrunner.

Schedule on for future conventions,  ones on the right seem to be the closed insider variety all but guaranteed to go to Murphy like Passaic earlier. These open conventions,  even outside of Kims backyard, may get more contested since Kim won quite handily:

What’s the different columns mean?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #588 on: February 10, 2024, 02:29:23 PM »

Schedule on for future conventions,  ones on the right seem to be the closed insider variety all but guaranteed to go to Murphy like Passaic earlier. These open conventions,  even outside of Kims backyard, may get more contested since Kim won quite handily:

https://twitter.com/ECaliberSeven/status/1756386462814109767

What’s the different columns mean?

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #589 on: February 10, 2024, 03:41:27 PM »

The people actually want Kim
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #590 on: February 11, 2024, 02:31:50 AM »

Yeah Kim def has the energy and vibes on his side and has a very good chance of winning the primary despite Murphy’s clear insider advanatges. Of the Dems I know who are decently politically engaged in NJ, they’re all leaning towards Kim; Murphy’s path really relies on low info voters who just vote the county line.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #591 on: February 11, 2024, 04:58:08 PM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2024, 05:56:16 AM »

It sounds too good to be true, but he's doing very well so far. Here's hoping
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #593 on: February 12, 2024, 01:19:37 PM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #594 on: February 12, 2024, 01:44:24 PM »

Well this was one of the easier endorsements for him to win. The big urban counties are still against him and they cast the most votes. Anyway, I do find it bizarre the level of emotion this primary has attracted, particularly some of the rhetoric towards Tammy Murphy, for instance some people just think she got where she was because she’s the Governor’s wife, ignoring that she had a very successful private sector career before that. I think people need to be careful about what attacks they exactly parrot because it’s at first glance easy to miss the insinuations in comments like that. The above post gets me in this regard because it seems to imply it’s wrong or at least abnormal to support Murphy, which isn’t really respectful to her voters.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #595 on: February 12, 2024, 02:06:24 PM »

Well this was one of the easier endorsements for him to win. The big urban counties are still against him and they cast the most votes. Anyway, I do find it bizarre the level of emotion this primary has attracted, particularly some of the rhetoric towards Tammy Murphy, for instance some people just think she got where she was because she’s the Governor’s wife, ignoring that she had a very successful private sector career before that. I think people need to be careful about what attacks they exactly parrot because it’s at first glance easy to miss the insinuations in comments like that. The above post gets me in this regard because it seems to imply it’s wrong or at least abnormal to support Murphy, which isn’t really respectful to her voters.

The big urban counties are not against him, the big urban machines are. Let's not act like its otherwise.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #596 on: February 12, 2024, 02:19:32 PM »

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #597 on: February 12, 2024, 02:26:56 PM »

The big urban counties are not against him, the big urban machines are. Let's not act like its otherwise.

I expect Murphy to do very poorly in the more educated suburban parts of these counties which could cause her to win a lot of these counties by underwhelming margins or even lose some of them, allowing Kim to run up the score in the suburban counties to victory.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #598 on: February 12, 2024, 04:11:49 PM »

I expect Murphy to do very poorly in the more educated suburban parts of these counties which could cause her to win a lot of these counties by underwhelming margins or even lose some of them, allowing Kim to run up the score in the suburban counties to victory.

It helps that a lot of the voters in these areas were Republicans until relatively recently. They don’t have much history with the machine, they don’t owe anything to the machine, and they don’t have much reason to give the machine their votes.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #599 on: February 12, 2024, 04:15:36 PM »

It helps that a lot of the voters in these areas were Republicans until relatively recently. They don’t have much history with the machine, they don’t owe anything to the machine, and they don’t have much reason to give the machine their votes.

Also, the most loyal voters to the machine historically have been working class voters, which Democrats have been losing ground nationwide with for the past decade. Replacing these low-info voters who tow the county line with high-info voters who can decide for themselves who they want in the senate mean the line's power is eroding.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 41  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies