AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:46:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 52825 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: November 09, 2023, 06:14:10 PM »

Ironically Trump and Lake are some of the most moderate in the party on abortion. Unfortunately they come with their own baggage.

Election denialism is much more toxic than being pro-life.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #851 on: November 10, 2023, 01:42:25 PM »

Ironically Trump and Lake are some of the most moderate in the party on abortion. Unfortunately they come with their own baggage.

In the republican party you can either be pro-democracy or pro-choice, but not both
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #852 on: November 11, 2023, 10:21:35 PM »

In the republican party you can either be pro-democracy or pro-choice, but not both

That’s a good way of putting it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #853 on: November 12, 2023, 08:52:46 PM »

I don't really know the context of this video, in which Tim Miller seems to catch Kari Lake on the side at an event somewhere or something - doesn't feel like it's an official interview. But this is the most clear I've seen anyone flat out call out an election denier to their face, and in general, just on their toxic policies. More people, especially pundits and journalists, could learn something from this. Tim comes from a clear place, it's like he's just a regular person who is done with Lake and is trying to get through to her for her to just admit that she's either a phony or that she's willingly playing a game here. More people should be called out like this.

Honestly, this video makes it even more clear to me that Lake does not believe a single word she's saying.

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #854 on: December 18, 2023, 12:28:46 PM »

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #855 on: December 18, 2023, 02:28:07 PM »

I definitely do not get "on good terms" from that statement lol. Kinda reads like "I'm endorsing the Democratic nominee for Senate, not the specific person"
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #856 on: December 18, 2023, 04:48:18 PM »

I definitely do not get "on good terms" from that statement lol. Kinda reads like "I'm endorsing the Democratic nominee for Senate, not the specific person"

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #857 on: December 18, 2023, 07:16:05 PM »

Man Republicans are really blowing this one lol. A less crazy republican would be very competitive here. Lake has no chance
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #858 on: December 18, 2023, 08:19:19 PM »

Man Republicans are really blowing this one lol. A less crazy republican would be very competitive here. Lake has no chance

Lake has a very good chance if Sinema runs, which she will.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #859 on: December 25, 2023, 07:53:46 PM »

Lake has a very good chance if Sinema runs, which she will.

Not really. Most available evidence indicates Sinema hurts Lake more than Gallego. But I know that fact interferes with your concern troll shtick.
Epaminondas

« Reply #860 on: January 24, 2024, 12:13:55 PM »

What's the chatter this week about Jeff DeWitt attempting to bribe Lake to drop out of the race?
xavier110
United States
« Reply #861 on: January 24, 2024, 12:27:25 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2024, 12:30:41 PM by xavier110 »

What's the chatter this week about Jeff DeWitt attempting to bribe Lake to drop out of the race?

There’s a recording of him repeatedly telling Lake that very powerful people on the East Coast want her gone. He asks her not to run and instead take a corporate gig, where she can presumably do nothing and get paid millions. He even outright asks her her price, LOL. It’s a very, very odd recording. I wondered if it was a deepfake, but it seems to be real?

The best part is when DeWitt suggests that he has no power, that “they” do and if he crosses them, he jokes his car will explode when he tries to turn it on one day.

You’d think he would just say Kari, you lost a very winnable race and now people are doubtful you can do it. Sail away into the sunset. But instead it becomes very conspiratorial (maybe he’s just trying to meet her where she is and mirror her language?).

Either way, great conspiracy fodder. You have to approach it knowing that Kari is performing, like always, aware that she’s recording this.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #862 on: January 24, 2024, 02:40:17 PM »

This is becoming a hot mess

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #863 on: January 24, 2024, 03:24:43 PM »

That escalated quickly.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #864 on: January 25, 2024, 12:49:59 PM »

Leaning towards her not running at this point

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #865 on: January 25, 2024, 01:28:38 PM »

Leaning towards her not running at this point

Even if she has the will she probably doesn't have the money. All those Republican sugar-daddies that applauded her for killing the minimum wage increase left her out to dry.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #866 on: January 25, 2024, 03:31:56 PM »

There’s a recording of him repeatedly telling Lake that very powerful people on the East Coast want her gone. He asks her not to run and instead take a corporate gig, where she can presumably do nothing and get paid millions. He even outright asks her her price, LOL. It’s a very, very odd recording. I wondered if it was a deepfake, but it seems to be real?

The best part is when DeWitt suggests that he has no power, that “they” do and if he crosses them, he jokes his car will explode when he tries to turn it on one day.

You’d think he would just say Kari, you lost a very winnable race and now people are doubtful you can do it. Sail away into the sunset. But instead it becomes very conspiratorial (maybe he’s just trying to meet her where she is and mirror her language?).

Either way, great conspiracy fodder. You have to approach it knowing that Kari is performing, like always, aware that she’s recording this.

DeWitt reminds me of this stupid negotiation:

Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #867 on: January 27, 2024, 05:59:38 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2024, 07:24:24 PM by Oryxslayer »

Convention going on right now, Lake not getting support. Given this treatment is not happening to similar candidates in terms of political positions,  this is likely all cause of the DeWit situation.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #868 on: January 27, 2024, 06:59:42 PM »

(tweets snipped)

Convention going on right now, Lake not getting support. Given the treatment of similar candidates in terms of political positions,  this is likely all cause of the DeWit situation.

Backstabbing may yield some short-term gains, but it does not win friends or influence people, and in the long run that will make a difference.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #869 on: January 27, 2024, 10:55:30 PM »

Supposedly the DeWit backers cleaned up when it came to control of the party, we'll see if this leads to anything down the road in terms of retribution towards the Lake candidacy.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #870 on: January 27, 2024, 11:16:03 PM »

I do not like Kari Lake and I wish she would quit politics forever. I will gladly vote for Trump in the Presidential primary but will be casting my ballot against Lake.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #871 on: January 28, 2024, 02:23:48 PM »

Big effort post on what happened in the lead up to and then the event yesterday.

1. I reported a few months ago that Trump was telling people he thought Kari would be a drag on the party (and him) in AZ 2024. Trump wanted another big name to run for senate instead.

2. Jeff DeWitt is a Trump favorite going back to the 2016 campaign, and DeWitt got a job in the administration.

3. It is incredibly likely that the "back east" people he referred to who wanted Kari to not run are Trump people and Trump himself.

4. Kari orchestrated DeWitt's forced resignation as party chair by holding the recordings for 10 months and releasing one just before the AZGOP annual meeting. Even then DeWitt was going to fight, but Kari told him she had more recordings.

5. Good chance Kari had recordings of DeWitt saying something about Trump or others to ingratiate himself with her, and Kari was using that against him.

6. Kari's plan was to install O'Connor as party chair, her personal puppet.

7. Trump didn't like that or what Kari had done to DeWitt. He immediately cancelled his visit to AZGOP and endorsed Gina as party chair, undermining Kari. Kari had no choice but to get in line behind Trump, and she threw O'Connor under the bus.

8. Party faithful know what Kari did and didn't like it. That's why she was heavily booed at the annual meeting. Arizonans are seeing who Kari Lake really is.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #872 on: January 28, 2024, 04:38:04 PM »

She's vicious lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #873 on: January 29, 2024, 05:04:46 PM »

New net favorabiliites from Noble:

Gallego: 41/22 (+19)
Sinema: 45/35 (+10)
Lake: 38/46 (-8)

Lake is at the very bottom of the list, even below Blake Masters (36/41)

https://azcapitoltimes.com/power-ranking/
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #874 on: January 30, 2024, 10:37:35 PM »

She's not running.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies