AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:26:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 52857 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: October 11, 2023, 06:33:22 PM »

It's official:

PHOENIX -- Republican Kari Lake, a popular former local news anchor, self-described "MAGA Mama Bear" and staunch ally of former President Donald Trump, will launch a campaign for the U.S. Senate at a rally in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Tuesday night, nearly a year after losing the state's gubernatorial race -- a defeat she still refuses to concede.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kari-lake-set-announce-arizona-senate-campaign-after/story?id=103831117

Tilt D -> Lean D

Really looking forward to watching this C-word lose again.

It's funny you say that because that's how my mom described Lake during last year's elections when her race started getting national attention.

She hates that word, by the way. So that says a lot.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #826 on: October 11, 2023, 07:12:27 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2023, 11:12:33 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

It's the same 303map as before
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #827 on: October 12, 2023, 04:08:57 AM »

https://x.com/teamtrump/status/1711934372109050041

Lake gets the Trump endorsement right out of the gate. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lamb drop out soon.

Just an endorsement? Not a complete and total endorsement? Sad!

"She is strong on Crime, the Border, the Second Amendment and loves our Military and Vets."
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #828 on: October 12, 2023, 08:44:36 AM »

https://x.com/teamtrump/status/1711934372109050041

Lake gets the Trump endorsement right out of the gate. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lamb drop out soon.

Just an endorsement? Not a complete and total endorsement? Sad!

"She is strong on Crime, the Border, the Second Amendment and loves our Military and Vets."

And believes in ELECTION INTEGRITY, called out RIGGED 2020 ELECTION!
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #829 on: October 13, 2023, 09:02:53 PM »

Not a great quarter for an incumbent senator in a marquee race. The COH number is good but I think most of that was raised before she went independent.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #830 on: October 14, 2023, 01:12:14 AM »

Not a great quarter for an incumbent senator in a marquee race. The COH number is good but I think most of that was raised before she went independent.

I think she's more than likely to retire and live off her leftover campaign cash or start some foundation to keep her relevant. COH is not really that impressive when you figure she is not getting any super PAC helping her out. Both sides spent like $50M each last year in AZ.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #831 on: October 14, 2023, 07:04:22 AM »

I think she's more than likely to retire and live off her leftover campaign cash or start some foundation to keep her relevant. COH is not really that impressive when you figure she is not getting any super PAC helping her out. Both sides spent like $50M each last year in AZ.

If she's going to retire, why did she file to run for reelection?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #832 on: October 14, 2023, 07:08:51 AM »

The only person with the answer to that is the woman herself. I have maintained for a long time now that she is trying to suck money out of Very Serious People so she has something to live off of before she ends up flogging her inevitable book on Fox News and then starts crying about the 'lack of civility' in politics.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #833 on: October 14, 2023, 08:50:27 AM »

Yeah, that $10M COH is gonna go quick in a GE and she really has no major sources of income, since PACs could go either way and she certainly is not getting grassroots.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #834 on: October 14, 2023, 10:20:03 AM »

The only person with the answer to that is the woman herself. I have maintained for a long time now that she is trying to suck money out of Very Serious People so she has something to live off of before she ends up flogging her inevitable book on Fox News and then starts crying about the 'lack of civility' in politics.

Candidates can't just keep the money in their campaign treasuries for personal use.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #835 on: October 14, 2023, 11:32:42 AM »

Candidates can't just keep the money in their campaign treasuries for personal use.

Ta dah:

https://rollcall.com/2021/12/08/taking-it-with-them-members-leaving-with-money-in-the-bank/

"The phrase “you can’t take it with you” doesn’t apply to departing members of Congress."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #836 on: October 14, 2023, 11:56:46 AM »

Her numbers would have been ok if she ran for a rural House seat.
They are piss poor for running in a mid-sized state with a big metropolitan market like Arizona.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #837 on: October 18, 2023, 09:02:24 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #838 on: October 24, 2023, 03:25:11 PM »

Imagine going around and saying that your biggest legacy is saving a procedural move made famous by Southern segregationists who used it to deprive minorities from their rights.
What a pathetic human being.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kyrsten-sinema-reelection-serve-any-board-mitt-romney-book-2023-10 

According to reporter McKay Coppins's new book, "Romney: A Reckoning," Sinema once told Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah that she could "do anything" once she's out of office and feels that what she's done in the Senate is "good enough."

"I don't care. I can go on any board I want to. I can be a college president. I can do anything," she told Romney, according to the book. "I saved the Senate filibuster by myself. I saved the Senate by myself. That's good enough for me."
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #839 on: October 31, 2023, 04:34:58 PM »

Without more details and sourcing I'm hesitant to put this in the polling board, but I think it's worth mentioning here:

Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #840 on: October 31, 2023, 05:07:36 PM »

Without more details and sourcing I'm hesitant to put this in the polling board, but I think it's worth mentioning here:

In a head-to-head matchup, Gallego leads Lake 49% to 44%

https://politicalwire.com/2023/10/31/kyrsten-sinema-trails-badly-in-re-election-race/
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #841 on: October 31, 2023, 06:21:58 PM »

R vs D numbers is basically useless in Arizona at this point. The million dollar question is if Sinema is winning over more Trump or Biden, or Lake or Hobbs voters.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #842 on: November 08, 2023, 05:15:48 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #843 on: November 08, 2023, 05:50:11 PM »

She has lost every poll but 1
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #844 on: November 08, 2023, 07:37:46 PM »

Are people going to buy that? I think it's too late for the GOP to backpeddle on abortion after half a century of wanting it banned. That goal is too ingrained in peoples' perceptions of the Republican Party, especially after they succeeded in it. Why should they be trusted to not just be delivering lip-service?

I don't think many supporters of reproductive freedom will accept anything less than abortion being a gealth care decision between a woman and her doctor. And we shouldn't settle for anything short of that!
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #845 on: November 08, 2023, 07:56:18 PM »

Are people going to buy that? I think it's too late for the GOP to backpeddle on abortion after half a century of wanting it banned. That goal is too ingrained in peoples' perceptions of the Republican Party, especially after they succeeded in it. Why should they be trusted to not just be delivering lip-service?

I don't think many supporters of reproductive freedom will accept anything less than abortion being a gealth care decision between a woman and her doctor. And we shouldn't settle for anything short of that!
Late term abortion (not including cases of rape/incest/life of mother) is still very unpopular.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #846 on: November 08, 2023, 08:01:55 PM »

Late term abortion (not including cases of rape/incest/life of mother) is still very unpopular.

Late term abortion was illegal under Roe.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #847 on: November 08, 2023, 08:02:48 PM »

Kari Lake was also just vehemently anti-abortion *just last year*, it would be nonsensical for voters to suddenly believe her position has changed at all.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #848 on: November 08, 2023, 08:03:09 PM »

Late term abortion was illegal under Roe.
It's legal now in many states.
Reactionary Libertarian
ReactionaryLibertarian
United States

« Reply #849 on: November 09, 2023, 01:31:14 PM »

Ironically Trump and Lake are some of the most moderate in the party on abortion. Unfortunately they come with their own baggage.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 43  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies