Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:03:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 306371 times)
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11075 on: November 13, 2022, 06:50:52 PM »
« edited: November 13, 2022, 06:59:55 PM by Interlocutor »

He held one of his only rallies of the cycle in Long Beach of all places, rallying for Prop 1. I believe he also did some photo-ops with Asif Mahmood. Both of those were a week ago. I think that was the extent of his local campaigning.

Between that and his non-presidential campaign, he dropped the ball hard when it came to campaigning for fellow CA Dems
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11076 on: November 13, 2022, 06:51:39 PM »

Well damn. This one hurts!

Trust me... if this ends up being the final result, I will likely be left with a Congressional REP much much less responsive on constituent services than DeFazio, and most likely less responsive on potential future constituent services than Schrader, whose office never got back to me when I contacted them multiple times post redistricting explaining that I would be in the new CD-05 district and would remember his vote in the upcoming DEM primary if he did not support several key Biden administration initiatives being voted on in both the house and Senate.

Junior Chimp

« Reply #11077 on: November 13, 2022, 06:52:16 PM »

Donald Trump will not be the GOP Nominee in 2024: Reason, the State Parties will stop him. They will likely open up their Primaries & Caucuses to Independents. DeSantis won Indies in FL 53-45.

Trumps favorables with Independents are in the Toilet.

Trump will get double crossed from multiple Sides. Moderate Republicans like Brian Fitzpatrick might even coax Garland to charge Trump so the Republican Party can get rid of him.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #11078 on: November 13, 2022, 06:58:02 PM »

I put all the results we know about into https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-flip-senate-house/ including OR-5 and AK and it gives me GOP 92% of House control with most projections having at least 225 seats. A very slight overestimation due to an unexpected R trend in NY-19 and VA-2.

It's so ironic how the special elections turned out to be right in regards to a neutral year and clearly showing a sign that this was not going to be a 2010/14 style midterm of doom, but NY-19 was probably the second most prominent of these specials besides AK and it flipped back.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11079 on: November 13, 2022, 06:58:11 PM »

Yeah, it always seemed weird to me that Newsom didn't even try. I get he was always going to win, but he could've at least attempted to campaign for downballot reasons. I know he did campaign with a few and send some of the competitive CDs money, but he could've done a lot, lot more.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11080 on: November 13, 2022, 06:58:31 PM »

Donald Trump will not be the GOP Nominee in 2024: Reason, the State Parties will stop him. They will likely open up their Primaries & Caucuses to Independents. DeSantis won Indies in FL 53-45.

Trumps favorables with Independents are in the Toilet.

Trump will get double crossed from multiple Sides. Moderate Republicans like Brian Fitzpatrick might even coax Garland to charge Trump so the Republican Party can get rid of him.

LOL!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11081 on: November 13, 2022, 06:59:05 PM »

I put all the results we know about into https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-flip-senate-house/ including OR-5 and AK and it gives me GOP 92% of House control with most projections having at least 225 seats. A very slight overestimation due to an unexpected R trend in NY-19 and VA-2.

It's so ironic how the special elections turned out to be right in regards to a neutral year and clearly showing a sign that this was not going to be a 2010/14 style midterm of doom, but NY-19 was probably the second most prominent of these specials besides AK and it flipped back.

Wasn't the NY-19 special under the old district lines?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11082 on: November 13, 2022, 07:00:07 PM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11083 on: November 13, 2022, 07:01:01 PM »

Well while that latest tranche in AZ-06 may not have been a fatal blow to the Engel, she is about to be moved into intensive care. Why? Because while the Pinal dump was linear to what was before, Pima was not. She actually lost the latest Pima tranche (the remote precinct phenomenon ala Maricopa?). Spreadsheets are your friend. The Pub increased his projected margin using a linear extrapolation by another 1,000 votes or so.

John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #11084 on: November 13, 2022, 07:01:27 PM »

Yeah, it always seemed weird to me that Newsom didn't even try. I get he was always going to win, but he could've at least attempted to campaign for downballot reasons. I know he did campaign with a few and send some of the competitive CDs money, but he could've done a lot, lot more.

Newsom has never been politically apt, and the Democrats should nominate someone like Shapiro or Polis if they're so hell-bent on picking a governor for their next nominee. A safe blue state Democrat like Newsom has never had to work a day in his life to win an election, and campaigning does not come naturally to him.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11085 on: November 13, 2022, 07:01:36 PM »

Wasn't the NY-19 special under the old district lines?

Yes, and it's interesting because the new NY-19 is a couple points more Democratic than the old one.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #11086 on: November 13, 2022, 07:01:45 PM »

Trump will have a fair amount of candidates that will be free to campaign with him the next two years if he announces his VP pick early in the process.

Which part of the Spectrum do you think Trump would pick: Keri Lake... Josh Hawley ... Nikki Haley (not necessarily Haley.. who may not even be willing to accept- but someone on that part of the R Spectrum)?

I firmly believe the most likely pick is Kristi Noem. She was adamantly against any meaningful Covid precautions and she's a reliable election denier, plus she doesn't seem to care much for ethics laws. It's a match made in hell.

I was thinking she was a possibility also- although i think Hawley may be just ahead if hear in the horse race in Trumps head. esp since Jarrett and Ivanka has signaled they do jot want an active part in Trump 2.0 ... I could see Trump thinking he needs a Young VP pick. (His hesitation with Hawley could be Hawley sort of  lack of natural Charisma in front of a crowd - but Trump may think he ticks that box enough himself.

Trump is superficial enough that I think the clip of Hawley fleeing through the Capitol would be nearly disqualifying for him.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11087 on: November 13, 2022, 07:02:45 PM »

Kevin McCarthy needs to immediatedly be primaried in his Home State. Reason: He picked up the Phone and spoke with the President and that is prohibited from my Point of View if you are the Republican Leader no matter if you are in the Minority or Majority.

# Don't Speak with the President
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11088 on: November 13, 2022, 07:03:00 PM »

Newsom has never been politically apt, and the Democrats should nominate someone like Shapiro or Polis if they're so hell-bent on picking a governor for their next nominee. A safe blue state Democrat like Newsom has never had to work a day in his life to win an election, and campaigning does not come naturally to him.

I mean, he campaigned like hell for the recall. But it goes with saying that he only did that because he was personally threatened. Imagine if he campaigned that hard this year...
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11089 on: November 13, 2022, 07:03:26 PM »

It is starting to appear that fear of Larry Elder probably propelled his significant recall win more than any affirmative attribute of his.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11090 on: November 13, 2022, 07:04:01 PM »

The Sinema stuff is interesting. I'm not sure if she would even be that much of a help, given she's a bit more ~polarized~ now, but it is pretty striking how she didn't even try and lift a finger for anyone this go around. At least in 2020, she cut a TV ad for Kelly.

This ad was great -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0M8szaBnvc

I actually really liked Sinema. She really made a turn post-Nov 2020
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11091 on: November 13, 2022, 07:07:13 PM »

I dislike Gavin Newsom as much as the next guy, but I find this framing unreasonable. Reasons:

1. Nothing is in from California yet. When morons like Wasserman make sweeping judgements about swings from 2020 to the current results, this is because they are morons.

2. One would expect a failing on the part of Democrats to involve losing seats. Democrats were on offense in California during this cycle, as usual. Right now the only seat where Democrats are not favored where you can reasonably say that they should have won is the Antelope Valley seat, and that's because that one is in the death grip of a terrible Democratic candidate. Christy Smith being bad at politics is awfully weak tea from which to concoct a denunciation of the California Democratic Party. I haven't paid terribly close attention to the state legislative results (again, because looking at results at this point is akin to haruspicy), but my understanding is that Democrats are set to gain again in both houses. This was a good election night for California Democrats, as is every election night.

3. You can't run the same campaign every time. Voters remember how overwhelmingly the recall effort last year was rejected. That was just a year ago! Acting like Republicans represented an existential threat to California society once again would be insulting to voters' intelligence. I'm glad we didn't get a barrage of ads about radical right-wing Brian Dahle, someone most California voters have never heard of.

Suffice it to say that I disagree for the most part with everything else that has been said about Gavin Newsom over the last page.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11092 on: November 13, 2022, 07:09:35 PM »

Kevin McCarthy needs to immediatedly be primaried in his Home State. Reason: He picked up the Phone and spoke with the President and that is prohibited from my Point of View if you are the Republican Leader no matter if you are in the Minority or Majority.

Wtf???
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11093 on: November 13, 2022, 07:09:41 PM »

I did that, and giving Salas the win in CA-22 gives Rs a 94% chance while giving it to Valadao gives them a 91% chance.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11094 on: November 13, 2022, 07:10:27 PM »

I dislike Gavin Newsom as much as the next guy, but I find this framing unreasonable. Reasons:

1. Nothing is in from California yet. When morons like Wasserman make sweeping judgements about swings from 2020 to the current results, this is because they are morons.

2. One would expect a failing on the part of Democrats to involve losing seats. Democrats were on offense in California during this cycle, as usual. Right now the only seat where Democrats are not favored where you can reasonably say that they should have won is the Antelope Valley seat, and that's because that one is in the death grip of a terrible Democratic candidate. Christy Smith being bad at politics is awfully weak tea from which to concoct a denunciation of the California Democratic Party. I haven't paid terribly close attention to the state legislative results (again, because looking at results at this point is akin to haruspicy), but my understanding is that Democrats are set to gain again in both houses. This was a good election night for California Democrats, as is every election night.

3. You can't run the same campaign every time. Voters remember how overwhelmingly the recall effort last year was rejected. That was just a year ago! Acting like Republicans represented an existential threat to California society once again would be insulting to voters' intelligence. I'm glad we didn't get a barrage of ads about radical right-wing Brian Dahle, someone most California voters have never heard of.

Suffice it to say that I disagree for the most part with everything else that has been said about Gavin Newsom over the last page.
Thanks for posting this.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #11095 on: November 13, 2022, 07:10:32 PM »

Your writers have outdone themselves.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11096 on: November 13, 2022, 07:10:52 PM »

Why?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11097 on: November 13, 2022, 07:11:25 PM »

You think leaders of the legislative branch shouldn't talk to the leader of the executive branch?
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #11098 on: November 13, 2022, 07:12:14 PM »

It’s very ironic, and it wasn’t just NY-19. NY-22 was a good result for R’s along with NE-1 and MN-1. All of those results were nothing like the specials. In fact, I remember democrats explicitly saying that Molinaro was DOA.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11099 on: November 13, 2022, 07:12:17 PM »

Your writers have outdone themselves.

I think his last patch update was buggy.
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 [444] 445 446 447 448 449 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies