Biden Primetime Address 9/1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:04:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Primetime Address 9/1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Author Topic: Biden Primetime Address 9/1  (Read 12232 times)
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2022, 07:44:15 PM »

This looks awful. He sounds so angry just a week after he said he wanted "unity".  Squinting
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2022, 07:44:28 PM »

Biden is doing the same thing Hillary did in 2016 when she called Trumps Supporters Deplorables.

half of *
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2022, 07:44:46 PM »

Biden is doing the same thing Hillary did in 2016 when she called Trumps Supporters Deplorables.

That didn't work out very well in 2016 and in won't work in 2022 either.

He went out of his way to coddle you clowns. He mentioned that most Republicans aren't 'super MAGA Republicans'. Only one thing to call this:

Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2022, 07:47:16 PM »

If anything Hillary didn't go far enough in calling the MAGA fascists out in 2016.

The reason she lost is NOT that she called the deplorables out for what they are. It's that the traitorous cowardly two-faced idiotic weasel James Comey, maybe the single most worthless scumbag who has ever disgraced the face of the Earth, singlehandedly decided to throw the election to the man who would later fire him because he thought the Cub Scout code he learned when he was 5 applied to real life politics for some unfathomable reason.

Anyway, Democrats are outperforming their baseline by 11 points in every race since Dobbs. You're f--ked. And Comey won't be around to save you this time.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2022, 07:47:34 PM »

Except all the crap Trump supporters have done since then to prove themselves deplorables.

If anything Hillary has been vindicated 100 times over.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2022, 07:49:58 PM »

Wrong! The entire House Leadership is "Ultra-MAGA" and they should be. I for once are glad that we get rid of these RINOS like Toomey, Portman, Burr and Shelby in the Senate and get Vance, Budd and Britt instead. Hopefully Murkowski goes down too.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2022, 07:53:41 PM »

If anything Hillary didn't go far enough in calling the MAGA fascists out in 2016.

The reason she lost is NOT that she called the deplorables out for what they are. It's that the traitorous cowardly two-faced idiotic weasel James Comey, maybe the single most worthless scumbag who has ever disgraced the face of the Earth, singlehandedly decided to throw the election to the man who would later fire him because he thought the Cub Scout code he learned when he was 5 applied to real life politics for some unfathomable reason.

Anyway, Democrats are outperforming their baseline by 11 points in every race since Dobbs. You're f--ked. And Comey won't be around to save you this time.
We are still going to take the House. Democrats need a miracle to win. Not all House Candidates are total MAGA. Jen Kiggans, Barb Kirkmeyer, Mills in FL-7, etc.
Lemmiwinks
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2022, 07:55:00 PM »

Wrong! The entire House Leadership is "Ultra-MAGA" and they should be. I for once are glad that we get rid of these RINOS like Toomey, Portman, Burr and Shelby in the Senate and get Vance, Budd and Britt instead. Hopefully Murkowski goes down too.

But what about Oz? 🥺
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2022, 07:59:59 PM »

But what about Oz? 🥺
I'll trade an Oz loss for a Laxalt win in NV any Day of the week.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2022, 08:00:56 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2022, 08:05:36 PM by Lief 🐋 »

They’re still so, so mad that their guy lost in 2020.

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2022, 08:02:46 PM »

We are still going to take the House. Democrats need a miracle to win. Not all House Candidates are total MAGA. Jen Kiggans, Barb Kirkmeyer, Mills in FL-7, etc.

Mills is still pretty MAGA-friendly, he just isn't outwardly crazy as Sabatini.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2022, 08:06:08 PM »

This is gonna backfire. The media sets the narrative and they seem upset with this speech. Rip midterms.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2022, 08:11:36 PM »

This is gonna backfire. The media sets the narrative and they seem upset with this speech. Rip midterms.

Stop.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2022, 08:13:23 PM »

I haven’t listened to any analysis yet but I’m not so sure it’ll backfire. I am biased, but his speech seemed powerful and to the point, and it made a lot of sense. MAGA Republicans are seeking to destroy democracy in this country.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2022, 08:15:31 PM »

Stop.

I pay more attention to Twitter and cable news outlet mean nothing except to politicos.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2022, 08:21:52 PM »

Can’t believe Biden’s gonna order the FBI to execute the Trump family on primetime tomorrow

I didn't watch the speech but based on the reaction here, it sounds like he did this? ^
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2022, 08:22:27 PM »

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2022, 08:23:18 PM »

If Republicans are mad that this speech seems partisan, maybe they should consider rebuilding their political party so that it is no longer a criminal enterprise.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2022, 08:26:12 PM »

As critical as I have been of Biden, this was a uniting speech. You cannot claim to love this country while hating democracy.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2022, 08:30:17 PM »

As critical as I have been of Biden, this was a uniting speech. You cannot claim to love this country while hating democracy.

This. It's hilarious to me that pundits are so worried about it being "political" or not. It's inherently not political, it only appears to be because you have to talk about our former president and his movement and how that plays a role in all of this.

Biden literally spoke about democracy at how important it is to the United States. The former president quite literally tried to overthrow our last election and continues to do things that make it seem like he'd gladly do it again. Is that NOT something we should view as a threat to this country? Is that NOT something we should be talking about?

Not just that, but he made an appeal to everyone who does NOT submit to Trump's extreme ideology, and in fact, if you listen to the entire speech, he spent nearly just as much time going on about how America's best days are ahead of it, how we have to come together to defeat anti-democracy movements, etc. It was at its core about defending democracy, it just happens that the last president is factually a huge threat to that. Not Biden's fault. It is what it is.

It's insane to me that what pundits got out of that was ... the marines at the door and that it was a "political" speech. They continue to completely normalize everything Trump has done and as if it is not really a historical big deal as it really is. Really sad, and shows that if something even worse ever happens, they'll be ill-equipped to handle it.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2022, 08:30:57 PM »

This looks awful. He sounds so angry just a week after he said he wanted "unity".  Squinting

LMAO go away troll. The sad part is if I got you the transcript, there would be too many parts about how America actually has to come together to type out. THat's how many there was.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2022, 08:31:31 PM »

You have to understand that the media loves Republicans and wants them to win. Unfortunately they’ll always find some reason to feign outrage and viciously attack the Democrats, no matter what speeches Democrats do or do not give.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2022, 08:38:47 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2022, 09:16:43 PM by Christian Man »

This. It's hilarious to me that pundits are so worried about it being "political" or not. It's inherently not political, it only appears to be because you have to talk about our former president and his movement and how that plays a role in all of this.

Biden literally spoke about democracy at how important it is to the United States. The former president quite literally tried to overthrow our last election and continues to do things that make it seem like he'd gladly do it again. Is that NOT something we should view as a threat to this country? Is that NOT something we should be talking about?

Not just that, but he made an appeal to everyone who does NOT submit to Trump's extreme ideology, and in fact, if you listen to the entire speech, he spent nearly just as much time going on about how America's best days are ahead of it, how we have to come together to defeat anti-democracy movements, etc. It was at its core about defending democracy, it just happens that the last president is factually a huge threat to that. Not Biden's fault. It is what it is.

It's insane to me that what pundits got out of that was ... the marines at the door and that it was a "political" speech. They continue to completely normalize everything Trump has done and as if it is not really a historical big deal as it really is. Really sad, and shows that if something even worse ever happens, they'll be ill-equipped to handle it.

While I didn't like W. Bush as a president, I couldn't help but feel that Biden's speech reminded me of a speech he would've made. To me, nationalism includes liberty, democracy, justice, freedom etc. and that is what made/makes America great and is the defining traits of a patriot. If Trump wants to be patriotic, he needs to learn something from Biden, denounce the violence and then focus on the policies. Democracy becoming a partisan issue could help Dems at least in the short term and earn them enough support as many dissatisfied Dems are having second thoughts about switching. There's a reason Biden has approval ratings near 40 and yet Congress is a tossup and it has nothing to do with a stolen election plot.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2022, 08:39:42 PM »

Have not seen the speech but the choice of coloring makes it seem like he’s gone full blown Sith
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2022, 08:41:11 PM »

Have not seen the speech but the choice of coloring makes it seem like he’s gone full blown Sith

Acceptable analysis
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies