Biden Primetime Address 9/1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:22:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Primetime Address 9/1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16
Author Topic: Biden Primetime Address 9/1  (Read 12233 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2022, 12:06:39 AM »

That other poster has a good point. To this day, Al Gore says he won in 2000. Does that make him a threat to democracy? Stacey Abrams wouldn't concede. Does that make her a threat to democracy?

There is a lot of fake virtue signaling of morality coming from the left.

If Donald Trump gave a speech saying how wonderful ice cream was, you'd see a CNN headline that reads:

"Trump loves ice cream....and why that's a bad thing."

It's about him. He beat Hillary Clinton, and then appointed three Supreme Court judges who then overturned Roe v. Wade and will likely overturn Affirmative Action.

The fact that they may have just delayed the end of his presidency from 2025 to 2029 is laughable.

No, but simplistic false equivalency claims may be a threat to democracy.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2022, 12:08:17 AM »

There was nothing Biden said that brings to mind "American Democracy".  American Democracy involves the presumption of Good Will between opposing parties, at least to some degree.  It is, in truth, the Democrats who have killed this the most, although as Virtue Signaling Addicts, they are incapable of admitting that this even may be true.

I somehow don't recall the 2016 election being an election when one side's views and arguments were censored by those who had the power to influence social media.  I somehow don't remember anyone calling Stacey Abrams' refusal to concede defeat in her Georgia Gubenatorial race to be anti-democratic, un-American, etc.   Both of those things happened in 2020, and it's certainly fair to ask if the factor of heavy-handed censorship that went all one way lent creedence to the idea that the election was not fairly run.  And this is added to by the fact that one of the censors was pumping fantastic sums into directing the managing of elections; the "How " of voting in numerous key state.  Should people not be concerned about the role of Zuckerbucks in our elections, especially when Mark Zuckerberg is hardly a neutral partisan?

January 6th was not an armed insurrection, and all the lies people continue to tell about what it was not only make our national divisions worse.  That does not mean that it was not a riot; it certainly was, and those who participated in the rioting should be held accountable for the crimes they actuallyu committed (not the crimes some would like to say people committed, but can't do so without exaggerating at beast and lying at worst).  It was certainly a wake-up call that, perhaps, some "healing" needed to happen.  And Joe Biden promised this.  I tended to doubt his sincerity the, but if I were President and it was the Left in the role of where Trump supporters were after the election, I would do much to honestly be conciliatory.  But Biden hasn't been conciliatory for 15 minutes.  I'm not sure if he's just not able to be conciliatory (he once was, but he once wasn't semi-senile, either) or being conciliatory just isn't in the cards for those who really run things in Washington (and I assure you that millions of ordinary Americans don't really think Joe Biden is calling the shots).  

What is inexcusable is to, essentially, label all of Trump supporters (essentially those that voted for Trump in 2020) as somehow enemies of America.  And Joe's done that.  Or, at least, he's been told to do that.  What ordinary Americans such as myself who have voted for Trump have known for a while now is that the elites that have supported Obama, Hillary, and Biden truly hate "Middle America".  When Hillary called us "Deplorables", she said the quiet part out loud.  What they really hate is the fact that our belief in what God and Country is will not allow us to simply force a Reimagined America on us.  There is room in our America for all to come as they are.  That is not so in Biden's America; they would rid all institutions of Evangelical Christians, anti-Globalists, and those who are Constitutionalists who value the Constitutional Rights of others as much as they value their own.

Here in Atlas Land, people are shielded from folks like me, and from ideas such as the ones I share here.  These ideas are, in real life, common; indeed, many of my ideas represent majority thought amongst Americans, even now.  Ordinary Americans need to stand up, stand firm, obey the law, but not ever back down.  Joe Biden lied tonight, and he lied shamelessly, and he lied about the decency of 76 million Americans and their families.  He ought to never be able to forget that, and his minions ought to be held accountable for this.

As for me, I have no regrets as to whom I have voted for in 2016 or 2020 (which is not to say that I endorse everything Trump did.).  I have no doubt that America is a fundamentally decent and tolerant nation.  I believe that there IS a battle for the Soul of America.  I'm not on Joe Biden's side, and I hope our side wins.  And we will, ultimately.  The reason we will prevail is because there are more people on our side that pray not for God to be on our side, but for they to be on God's side.  They pray as Abraham Lincoln did in tougher times.  This is something Mr. Biden seems to have forgotten, if he ever knew it at all.
That’s a very long way of saying that you didn’t listen to the speech.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2022, 12:17:08 AM »

That other poster has a good point. To this day, Al Gore says he won in 2000. Does that make him a threat to democracy? Stacey Abrams wouldn't concede. Does that make her a threat to democracy?

If Donald Trump gave a speech saying how wonderful ice cream was, you'd see a CNN headline that reads:

It's about him. He beat Hillary Clinton, and then appointed three Supreme Court judges who then overturned Roe v. Wade and will likely overturn Affirmative Action.

The fact that they may have just delayed the end of his presidency from 2025 to 2029 is laughable.

Is this guy a troll? No, Al Gore conceding the election in 2000 after he exhausted all legal venues and retiring from politics is not at all comparable to Trump directing a violent mob towards the capitol to hang his Vice President because he refused to carry out an autocoup for him, and then continuing on as some sort of president-in-exile in Florida, intentionally working to elevate anti-democracy politicians in his party for when he tries to steal the election again in 2024, while stealing nuclear secrets from the United States government and directing his lawyers to lie to the FBI when they try to get the secrets back.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2022, 12:18:44 AM »

American Democracy involves the presumption of Good Will between opposing parties, at least to some degree.

We don't usually agree on a lot politically, but I can get behind this statement 100%.

It is, in truth, the Democrats who have killed this the most, although as Virtue Signaling Addicts, they are incapable of admitting that this even may be true.

Oh...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2022, 12:19:47 AM »

I think we all see the inherent difference in Gore asking to recount the votes and let the chips fall where they may, and Trump/Republicans not caring about the count and wanting him to just be declared the winner.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2022, 12:25:05 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2022, 12:36:52 AM by Benjamin Frank »

Is this guy a troll? No, Al Gore conceding the election in 2000 after he exhausted all legal venues and retiring from politics is not at all comparable to Trump directing a violent mob towards the capitol to hang his Vice President because he refused to carry out an autocoup for him, and then continuing on as some sort of president-in-exile in Florida, intentionally working to elevate anti-democracy politicians in his party for when he tries to steal the election again in 2024, while stealing nuclear secrets from the United States government and directing his lawyers to lie to the FBI when they try to get the secrets back.

There were 10,000 of thousands of mostly minority voters who were illegally removed from the voter rolls in both Florida in 2000 and Georgia in 2018.  So, there is actual evidence that Republicans stole both of those elections.

This history is know where near as well known as it should be, but, yes, this has been proven, at least in Florida, because voters who had been illegally removed from the voter roles in 2000 successfully sued the Florida government.

2000 in Florida
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2001-may-21-mn-620-story.html

This, carried out by Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris involved removing mostly minority voters from the voter rolls for having similar names to convicts who had been barred from voting.

2018 in Georgia
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/many-eligible-georgia-voters-were-canceled-nation-largest-purge/jRlixHpVs0I9wVQYdDjxvM/

Prior to this, The Republican National Committee had been placed under a RICO Court Order for stealing the 1981 governor election in New Jersey and for another statewide election after that in the late 1980s. This court order was only fully lifted in 2017.

A number of people who helped steal the 1981 New Jersey election later worked on the Donald Trump Presidential campaigns, like Roger Stone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballot_Security_Task_Force

This said, I think it's only fair to point out that there is no evidence the beneficiary of this in New Jersey, Tom Kean, knew anything about this, and he was reelected in 1985 in one of the biggest landslide reelections in New Jersey history.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2022, 12:31:39 AM »

And y’all still think this won’t hurt Biden?
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #182 on: September 02, 2022, 12:32:21 AM »

Losing the Fuzzy vote is going to hurt Biden?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #183 on: September 02, 2022, 12:32:39 AM »

Nobody will remember this speech in a week.
jd7171
Rookie
United States

« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2022, 12:33:21 AM »

It won't hurt him in PA. No one watched the speech, everyone was watching football...Penn State and Pitt were playing.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2022, 12:34:26 AM »

There was nothing Biden said that brings to mind "American Democracy".  American Democracy involves the presumption of Good Will between opposing parties, at least to some degree.  It is, in truth, the Democrats who have killed this the most, although as Virtue Signaling Addicts, they are incapable of admitting that this even may be true.

I somehow don't recall the 2016 election being an election when one side's views and arguments were censored by those who had the power to influence social media.  I somehow don't remember anyone calling Stacey Abrams' refusal to concede defeat in her Georgia Gubenatorial race to be anti-democratic, un-American, etc.   Both of those things happened in 2020, and it's certainly fair to ask if the factor of heavy-handed censorship that went all one way lent creedence to the idea that the election was not fairly run.  And this is added to by the fact that one of the censors was pumping fantastic sums into directing the managing of elections; the "How " of voting in numerous key state.  Should people not be concerned about the role of Zuckerbucks in our elections, especially when Mark Zuckerberg is hardly a neutral partisan?

January 6th was not an armed insurrection, and all the lies people continue to tell about what it was not only make our national divisions worse.  That does not mean that it was not a riot; it certainly was, and those who participated in the rioting should be held accountable for the crimes they actuallyu committed (not the crimes some would like to say people committed, but can't do so without exaggerating at beast and lying at worst).  It was certainly a wake-up call that, perhaps, some "healing" needed to happen.  And Joe Biden promised this.  I tended to doubt his sincerity the, but if I were President and it was the Left in the role of where Trump supporters were after the election, I would do much to honestly be conciliatory.  But Biden hasn't been conciliatory for 15 minutes.  I'm not sure if he's just not able to be conciliatory (he once was, but he once wasn't semi-senile, either) or being conciliatory just isn't in the cards for those who really run things in Washington (and I assure you that millions of ordinary Americans don't really think Joe Biden is calling the shots).  

What is inexcusable is to, essentially, label all of Trump supporters (essentially those that voted for Trump in 2020) as somehow enemies of America.  And Joe's done that.  Or, at least, he's been told to do that.  What ordinary Americans such as myself who have voted for Trump have known for a while now is that the elites that have supported Obama, Hillary, and Biden truly hate "Middle America".  When Hillary called us "Deplorables", she said the quiet part out loud.  What they really hate is the fact that our belief in what God and Country is will not allow us to simply force a Reimagined America on us.  There is room in our America for all to come as they are.  That is not so in Biden's America; they would rid all institutions of Evangelical Christians, anti-Globalists, and those who are Constitutionalists who value the Constitutional Rights of others as much as they value their own.

Here in Atlas Land, people are shielded from folks like me, and from ideas such as the ones I share here.  These ideas are, in real life, common; indeed, many of my ideas represent majority thought amongst Americans, even now.  Ordinary Americans need to stand up, stand firm, obey the law, but not ever back down.  Joe Biden lied tonight, and he lied shamelessly, and he lied about the decency of 76 million Americans and their families.  He ought to never be able to forget that, and his minions ought to be held accountable for this.

As for me, I have no regrets as to whom I have voted for in 2016 or 2020 (which is not to say that I endorse everything Trump did.).  I have no doubt that America is a fundamentally decent and tolerant nation.  I believe that there IS a battle for the Soul of America.  I'm not on Joe Biden's side, and I hope our side wins.  And we will, ultimately.  The reason we will prevail is because there are more people on our side that pray not for God to be on our side, but for they to be on God's side.  They pray as Abraham Lincoln did in tougher times.  This is something Mr. Biden seems to have forgotten, if he ever knew it at all.

You cannot negotiate with people when they endorse false claims of fraud, refuse to hold people to account, and openly support an attempted self-coup to overturn an election.

You support all of this, you don't support democracy, but we all know you don't support democracy, Fuzzy. You're an autocrat. Worse, you support a theocratic autocracy. Deny it all you want, but no one believes you. You're an autocrat who supports wannabee dictators.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2022, 12:59:59 AM »

I didn't watch, but I understand that a number of CNN hosts and commentators had an OUTRAGE! meltdown over Biden's speech. It seems CNN has gone all in on enticing that sliver of never Trump Republicans.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2022, 01:03:38 AM »

I didn't watch, but I understand that a number of CNN hosts and commentators had an OUTRAGE! meltdown over Biden's speech. It seems CNN has gone all in on enticing that sliver of never Trump Republicans.

I watched it... it was a very boring, pro-democracy speech. Nothing interesting.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2022, 01:05:05 AM »

I watched it... it was a very boring, pro-democracy speech. Nothing interesting.

I was referring to the CNN coverage after the speech.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2022, 01:30:02 AM »

Speech was very good and honest. Straight talk, not empty phrases.

I'm just tiresome at some media outlets and narrative they're trying to set. Some commentators and news sites just believe that they always have to look 100% neutral between the two sides and ergo "both sides" deserve equal criticism or praise. And that they appear "partisan and divisive" for calling one side out that actively tries to undermine democracy. Look, you can argue about the Dems' plans on healthcare or taxes, but this goes far beyond that. The basic foundations of the republic are at stake here, and we're talking about 2 marines standing next to an entrance. Serious?

It's really astonishing and, imho, sickening how much Trump and his enablers have normalized all this garbage in the political discourse. And the media, or vast parts of it, are falling for it yet again. They have him hours and hours of free airtime and propped this clown up in 2015/16, helping him to win the election and hijack the political discourse from everything that truly matters. Some people apparently never learn.
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #190 on: September 02, 2022, 01:33:47 AM »

It won't hurt him in PA. No one watched the speech, everyone was watching football...Penn State and Pitt were playing.

Speeches and events don't have to be watched live to have an impact. Repeated clips on the news and social media are often more impactful.

I think the main impact will be an increase in turnout in November.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #191 on: September 02, 2022, 01:36:21 AM »

Speech was very good and honest. Straight talk, not empty phrases.

I'm just tiresome at some media outlets and narrative they're trying to set. Some commentators and news sites just believe that they always have to look 100% neutral between the two sides and ergo "both sides" deserve equal criticism or praise. And that they appear "partisan and divisive" for calling one side out that actively tries to undermine democracy. Look, you can argue about the Dems' plans on healthcare or taxes, but this goes far beyond that. The basic foundations of the republic are at stake here, and we're talking about 2 marines standing next to an entrance. Serious?

It's really astonishing and, imho, sickening how much Trump and his enablers have normalized all this garbage in the political discourse. And the media, or vast parts of it, are falling for it yet again. They have him hours and hours of free airtime and propped this clown up in 2015/16, helping him to win the election and hijack the political discourse from everything that truly matters. Some people apparently never learn.

The corporate media can't maximize profits by alienating MAGA viewers. When push comes to shove, they put capitalism about the country fairly often.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #192 on: September 02, 2022, 05:58:24 AM »

You cannot negotiate with people when they endorse false claims of fraud, refuse to hold people to account, and openly support an attempted self-coup to overturn an election.

You support all of this, you don't support democracy, but we all know you don't support democracy, Fuzzy. You're an autocrat. Worse, you support a theocratic autocracy. Deny it all you want, but no one believes you. You're an autocrat who supports wannabee dictators.
[/b][/i][/u]

The highlighted part begs a response of "I know you are, but what am I?" of epic proportions.

We're not the party that censored speech on the internet, nor are we the party on whose behalf the FBI pressured social media companies to bury the (true and factual) Hunter Biden story.  But go on, rant away!  It's what you do, so keep it up. 

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2022, 06:13:32 AM »
« Edited: September 02, 2022, 06:32:50 AM by Brittain33 »

God has probably stopped more wars than you can imagine, due to the prayers of His people Worldwide.

Why would an all-wise and all-powerful god need humans praying to alert him to the impending war, or show him that the war is bad and should be stopped?

He does want us to acknowledge our dependence on Him.

Not everything that happens in this World is the Will of God.  He allows Man Free Will, a great gift that many run into the ground.  He WANTS us to pray.  He RESPONDS to our prayers.  I am certain that one reason we have not yet had a nuclear Holocaust that would dwarf Hiroshima and Nagasaki is because of the Prayers of His People.

Your god sounds like a abusive dad.

This is why evangelicals fell over themselves to love Trump even though it didn’t make sense to people outside their churches.

It’s unfortunate that a topic about a news event gets derailed by someone (I’m not naming names) explaining at length why they worship their golden calf.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #194 on: September 02, 2022, 07:35:26 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #195 on: September 02, 2022, 07:40:15 AM »

What I think is most funny about the reaction to this speech is that Biden actually spent a rather *large* portion of it being positive. He went on multiple times about how America needs to come together, the country still has its best days ahead of it, we can make things work if we unite, etc.

Essentially saying that America should come together and reject the ideology of people who want to do Democracy harm. Seems rather common sense to me. But not surprised those parts are being ignored.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #196 on: September 02, 2022, 07:56:04 AM »

If you haven't watched it, here it is.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #197 on: September 02, 2022, 08:02:40 AM »

Lol.  Dividen Biden.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #198 on: September 02, 2022, 08:24:27 AM »

Nice one.

What did you call Trump?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #199 on: September 02, 2022, 08:25:44 AM »

Most divisive moment in presidential history since "Day of Infamy," when FDR hurt the feelings of millions of conservatives who liked the Axis?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies