The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:04:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread  (Read 6139 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2022, 11:06:33 AM »

I'm starting to see a lot of Oz signs alongside other GOP candidates' signs, so it seems like the local GOP folks are starting to up his presence. Mastriano's signs remain ubiquitous.

Yep, the only time I've seen Oz signs thus far has been along highways where Oz and Mastriano signs were put up by the local GOP.

Where are you located? I'm in SEPA but I've still seen 0 Mastriano signs in any neighborhoods (0 with Oz as well). Have seen signs for local GOP candidates, but absolutely none for Mastriano or Oz.

I live in Bucks County (near the Montco border) but I work in Berks County so I drive through some pretty red areas on my way. I moved from Lancaster County earlier this year as well, where Mastriano signs are pretty much ubiquitous as KhanofKhans has noted.

When I drive through Montco and Philly though, I see as many Shapiro signs as I do for Mastriano in Bucks/Berks. Which isn't surprising.

What's the sign disparity looking like in Bucks/Berks in each race? Curious if Shapiro/Fetterman are holding their own out there.

I've actually seen signs for both Shapiro and Fetterman in both areas, even outside of places like Reading where you would expect to see them. Shapiro signs are much more common than Fetterman signs, but there's a pretty good presence for both out in those areas. Some of my coworkers who are more familiar with Berks Co than I am are also surprised to see Shapiro and Fetterman signs.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2022, 03:41:24 PM »

Saw my first official Oz/Mastriano signs out in the wild in someones property yesterday. Conshohocken, surprisingly. The same block had two houses that Oz/Mastriano signs and then 1 a few houses down from them had Fetterman.
skbl17
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2022, 09:20:11 PM »

Some of my family members are receiving their absentee ballots, so time for a North Cobb (GA) update!

- GOP is dominating the commercial/roadside sign war, but there's still a significant downballot skew. There's some more Kemp signs now, but still no Walker signs.

I finally saw my first yard sign....for Robert Trim, the local R state house candidate trying to hold a Biden+14 open seat.

- Not yard signs, but Dems are dominating the mailboxes; my mailbox has been filled with nothing but Dem mailers for a variety of candidates from Warnock to Abrams to Lisa Campbell (D candidate trying to flip said open Biden+14 seat).
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #128 on: October 15, 2022, 12:17:39 AM »

Yard signs around here are still all for state congress. Almost nothing for the house district, nothing at all for statewide races.
skbl17
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #129 on: October 16, 2022, 04:02:58 PM »

Still not much action in peoples' yards, but it seems that the Dems are now entering the commercial/roadside sign war battlefield in my area. Just in the last two days I'm now seeing Warnock, (Lisa) Campbell (HD-35), and (Antonio) Daza (GA-11) signs. No Abrams signs, interestingly.

That said, I had to come back to this thread to complain: I am now seeing Marcus Flowers signs in Kennesaw, which is in GA-11 and NOT GA-14. The boundary of GA-11 and GA-14 is miles to the west.

I do not want to be reminded of Marcus Flowers and his money pit of a campaign in GA-14, especially when I see his campaign signs in the freakin' wrong district!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #130 on: October 16, 2022, 05:29:43 PM »

Still not much action in peoples' yards, but it seems that the Dems are now entering the commercial/roadside sign war battlefield in my area. Just in the last two days I'm now seeing Warnock, (Lisa) Campbell (HD-35), and (Antonio) Daza (GA-11) signs. No Abrams signs, interestingly.

That said, I had to come back to this thread to complain: I am now seeing Marcus Flowers signs in Kennesaw, which is in GA-11 and NOT GA-14. The boundary of GA-11 and GA-14 is miles to the west.

I do not want to be reminded of Marcus Flowers and his money pit of a campaign in GA-14, especially when I see his campaign signs in the freakin' wrong district!

During the GA-06 special election in 2017, I saw Ossoff signs in Forsyth County a good 3 or 4 miles outside the district boundary (at that time, no part of Forsyth was in the 6th).
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #131 on: October 16, 2022, 06:33:10 PM »

That dentist across the street from me put up a giant "JOSH GOTTHEIMER VOTED TO RAISE YOUR TAXES" sign on his lawn.

Now, I have my frustrations with Gottheimer, but the guy is all about lowering taxes for the average resident of the district. The whole SALT thing with him helped derail the BBB package. I think he is referring to the IRA with this sign, but unless everyone driving past his house is a millionaire or billionaire (which in Bergen County may be possible, granted) it's completely misleading. Not that it matters because Gottheimer isn't losing, but this guy is so f***ing obnoxious. I had to vent about it.

Anyway, on a larger scale, not much different occurring in the lawn sign department where I am. The County Executive/Commissioner signs are starting to pop up more often now though.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2022, 09:06:08 PM »

During the GA-06 special election in 2017, I saw Ossoff signs in Forsyth County a good 3 or 4 miles outside the district boundary (at that time, no part of Forsyth was in the 6th).

As another case of this, Ben McAdams signs were all over Utah in 2020, often well outside his district.
walleye26

« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2022, 09:12:16 PM »

Besides a few Evers/Barnes signs in Stevens Point, the stretch from Columbia County to Wausau on I-39 is solid Michels and Johnson signs. That is to be expected a bit, but still solid GOP turf.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2022, 09:16:27 PM »

Lots of Beto signs here. Not like 2018 though.
walleye26

« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2022, 04:55:48 PM »

I saw my first Trump/Evers voter. A house that for sure had a Trump 2020 sign has an Evers sign out. They also had a sign that said “proud union Home” and “support the referendum.” (It was a school referendum sign).

Anybody want to take a random guess at which county?

(Hint-I was driving from Sauk County to Rusk County).
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2022, 04:59:09 PM »

Lots of Beto signs here. Not like 2018 though.
a surprising number of people have Beto Signs on their dorm window at the A&M campus. No republican signs though.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2022, 08:27:12 PM »

Sign reports from the KC area:

In both states, signs are overwhelmingly for local candidates. Even in Kansas, with potentially as many as three competitive statewide races, I saw like three signs for Kelly and none for any other candidate.

In Missouri, I saw a few for each Senate candidate, including one Valentine sign in the middle of nowhere, but I went actively looking for that one because I was curious to see if I could actually find a rural D sign.
More interestingly, Maryville had a huge number of signs for Jess Piper, like almost every house on some streets. She's a D state house candidate, an exaggeratedly rural #twittermentum type. She'll lose and it won't be close, because it's rural Missouri, but it seems like she might significantly outperform Generic D (for context, Maryville had no D precincts in 2020).

I also received a photo by text from my sister of a house with both a Valentine sign and a Fitzpatrick sign. Galaxy brain voter there.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2022, 08:42:37 PM »

A bit off topic since this is for a gubernatorial race, but there are a ton of Jamie Smith signs and almost no Noem signs in South Dakota.  Not getting my hopes up though.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2022, 02:22:30 AM »

Looks like the state GOP has instructed their thralls to plant yard signs for statewide candidates now.

Saw plenty of signs for DeWine, Vance, and MGG (OH-13 R). It is now Democrats with fewer yard signs for statewide candidates but still plenty for state congress and judges.

There's also a few signs saying "just vote please" (low-energy moderate dems?).
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2022, 07:57:45 AM »

I went back to Lancaster County this weekend to hang out with a friend and I'm not kidding--I saw more Fetterman/Shapiro signs than I was expecting. Way more of their signs than Biden signs in 2020. I wasn't in Lancaster City either; this was in Ephrata and some of the surrounding areas. I don't think it's a harbinger that Lancaster County will flip or anything, but it was certainly very shocking to see that many signs for Democrats in an area where I am only used to seeing GOP signs.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2022, 08:02:46 AM »

I went back to Lancaster County this weekend to hang out with a friend and I'm not kidding--I saw more Fetterman/Shapiro signs than I was expecting. Way more of their signs than Biden signs in 2020. I wasn't in Lancaster City either; this was in Ephrata and some of the surrounding areas. I don't think it's a harbinger that Lancaster County will flip or anything, but it was certainly very shocking to see that many signs for Democrats in an area where I am only used to seeing GOP signs.
Lancaster always was primed to trend D, even in the upcoming R wave.
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2022, 09:41:38 AM »

Couple hours of mostly rural driving around Greensboro/Winston-Salem. Most signs were for local candidates, not much apparent interest in the Senate race and didn't see any signs for Manning in Greensboro. Budd signs were scant a month ago but are now occasional in the countryside. Saw more Beasley signs than Budd in 65% Trump Mt. Airy.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2022, 01:13:14 PM »

Just returned to Utah yesterday, after being gone since the 14th. Huge increase in McMullin signs, as well as signs for local candidates of all parties.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2022, 04:29:27 PM »

Back in Severna Park for a few days. Reassured by the density of Heather Bagnall and Brooke Lierman (girlboss double feature) signs.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2022, 03:56:17 PM »

The Texas A&M Campus has been virtually blanketed by McCaul for congress signs, who's been running a rather active sign campaign despite their district being pretty safe in this national environment. I guess when you're the richest congressman it's better to be safe than sorry, especialy when your wife's family is a major donor to the university gotta keep the in-laws happy.

It's still a rather poor investment to place signs on a college campus, even a conservative one. I wouldn't bet on any of the signs lasting past the week.

MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2022, 07:42:25 AM »

Had to take a ride to New Hampshire - in an area I hardly ever am around - very Democratic
area and I saw nothing but Buldoc signs. Literally 35-40 signs in a 6-7 mile stretch
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2022, 08:02:24 AM »

About a 70/30 split between Fetterman and Oz signs in ChesCo suburbs, but the split was even wider in terms of actual backyard signs (as opposed to those planted at intersections or public roads). 

Definitely more Fetterman/Shapiro signs. 
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2022, 08:31:26 AM »

Is there any evidence that lawn signs for higher profile races change votes at all? I dislike the mess that I see of them up here in Columbia County (the Dems dominate in signs, due to NYC based while gentry activism). Hoboken does not have anything going on, so no signs.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2022, 08:36:31 AM »

Is there any evidence that lawn signs for higher profile races change votes at all? I dislike the mess that I see of them up here in Columbia County. Hoboken does not have anything going on, so no signs.

I once saw a study from some political scientists (don't have the citation, sorry) examining whether candidate signs were predictive of results, which is not quite the same question but is certainly related.  The only statisticially significant correlation they found was that a prevalence of signs indicated an election in the near future.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies