The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 06:32:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread  (Read 6199 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2022, 05:40:28 PM »

Speaking outside of my hometown for once, in surrounding towns Gottheimer has many more signs, especially in heavily Jewish areas, but that almost doesn't matter because he is burying Pallotta in ads of every medium now.

I was also in Rockland, Orange, and Ulster counties today-I saw one sign for Lawler and maybe two for Schmidt. Not much to really note. I saw many more signs for State Senate races.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2022, 01:55:36 PM »

Biking through east central Bucks today (north of Newtown & west/in New Hope), there's plenty of houses with Shapiro & Fetterman signs (and sometimes with the state Senate/rep. candidates too) but some houses had a full slate of GOP signs (Oz, Mastro, Fitzpatrick, state legislature). I think I only saw one street corner with a split ticket- Fitzpatrick but other D candidates. Question for the PA folk: Do any of the Shapiro signs also include Austin Davis on the sign? All the ones I saw just had Shapiro/Governor while all of Mastro's included DelRosso.

More to my surprise, I only saw two houses with right wing presidential flags (and at that it was only "Brandon"/FJB ones). The houses that use to fly Trump ones are starting to dwindle throughout my all of travels.

Locally to me, new NJ-3, just a couple of houses with Kim signs and some ROWs with Healeys.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2022, 01:57:23 PM »

Biking through east central Bucks today (north of Newtown & west/in New Hope), there's plenty of houses with Shapiro & Fetterman signs (and sometimes with the state Senate/rep. candidates too) but some houses had a full slate of GOP signs (Oz, Mastro, Fitzpatrick, state legislature). I think I only saw one street corner with a split ticket- Fitzpatrick but other D candidates. Question for the PA folk: Do any of the Shapiro signs also include Austin Davis on the sign? All the ones I saw just had Shapiro/Governor while all of Mastro's included DelRosso.

More to my surprise, I only saw two houses with right wing presidential flags (and at that it was only "Brandon"/FJB ones). The houses that use to fly Trump ones are starting to dwindle throughout my all of travels.

Locally to me, new NJ-3, just a couple of houses with Kim signs and some ROWs with Healeys.

I feel like some did before, but all the ones I've been seeing now are just Shapiro.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2022, 05:09:28 PM »

Went down to Swathemore college in Delaware County PA for a college tour and the surrounding neighborhoods, largely wealthy and white had a lot of Shapiro and Scanlon signs. I saw a few signs for Fetterman, a sign for Mastriano, but none for Oz.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2022, 05:11:02 PM »

Went down to Swathemore college in Delaware County PA for a college tour and the surrounding neighborhoods, largely wealthy and white had a lot of Shapiro and Scanlon signs. I saw a few signs for Fetterman, a sign for Mastriano, but none for Oz.

I have yet to see a single Mastriano or Oz sign in the flesh. I of course have not been to central PA where I'm sure there is more, but I've been all throughout SEPA and all the way up through the Lehigh Valley and still nothing for either.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2022, 05:11:55 PM »

I have yet to see a single Mastriano or Oz sign in the flesh. I of course have not been to central PA where I'm sure there is more, but I've been all throughout SEPA and all the way up through the Lehigh Valley and still nothing for either.

What was funny is that the Mastriano sign had like fallen over as well (likely by wind, it didn't look ripped out nor placed)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2022, 05:14:03 PM »

What was funny is that the Mastriano sign had like fallen over as well (likely by wind, it didn't look ripped out nor placed)

Actually I take that back - there was the 3 that I saw in my township back home but as I said, they were gone two days later. Funny because at first I did pass them the one day and the one was bent/fallen and I also thought it was the wind maybe. But then the next day that's when all 3 were gone lol.

I said it in here earlier too - I think both of them are so toxic that the Montco GOP county party has yet to even put up their usual signage everywhere on commercial property around town.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2022, 07:12:10 PM »

Question for the PA folk: Do any of the Shapiro signs also include Austin Davis on the sign? All the ones I saw just had Shapiro/Governor while all of Mastro's included DelRosso.

I have seen VERY few Shapiro/Davis signs in NEPA; the overwhelming majority of them are just Shapiro signs.  But honestly, Shapiro selected a low-profile state legislator as his preferred running mate for exactly that reason; there’s no way Davis can outshine Shapiro.  Davis seems like a nice guy, but Shapiro pushed Davis on the ticket primarily to have a PoC/Western PA element, so it doesn’t shock me that Davis isn’t prominently featured on signage.

It’s interesting that Mastriano is pushing DelRosso in suburbia; out here in the rurals, I have seen exactly 1 (one) Mastriano/DelRosso sign; all the rest are just the standard white Mastriano signs, along with some of those stupid “walk as free people” signs.   xD
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2022, 09:03:08 PM »

Question for the PA folk: Do any of the Shapiro signs also include Austin Davis on the sign? All the ones I saw just had Shapiro/Governor while all of Mastro's included DelRosso.

I have seen VERY few Shapiro/Davis signs in NEPA; the overwhelming majority of them are just Shapiro signs.  But honestly, Shapiro selected a low-profile state legislator as his preferred running mate for exactly that reason; there’s no way Davis can outshine Shapiro.  Davis seems like a nice guy, but Shapiro pushed Davis on the ticket primarily to have a PoC/Western PA element, so it doesn’t shock me that Davis isn’t prominently featured on signage.

It’s interesting that Mastriano is pushing DelRosso in suburbia; out here in the rurals, I have seen exactly 1 (one) Mastriano/DelRosso sign; all the rest are just the standard white Mastriano signs, along with some of those stupid “walk as free people” signs.   xD
What would you say is the ratio of Shapiro to Mastriano if there is much of a difference?
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2022, 06:19:29 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2022, 02:37:22 AM by Ad Astra »

I was in Oregon recently and the only sign I saw for anyone was a Drazan sign by a highway. No lawn signs whatsoever. Weird.
In Utah, a few Mike Lee signs. Haven’t seen a McMullin one yet.

There are some in eastern SLC. Which I guess is exactly where they would be expected to be. I still remember October 2020 here. Literally entire streets full of Biden signs, BLM signs, "We believe..." signs, and so on at almost every house. And also one house on 1300 East with like six Trump signs and a Trump flag in the window. I admire their confidence, I guess.

Haven't been around Salt Lake County suburbs much. I'll wander a bit and report back.

EDIT: I drove around the eastern side of SL for a while, the south-of-215 portion (outside the superblue zone to the north of it, where there are plenty of McMullin signs). Excluding highway overpasses, which are covered with political signs for candidates at all levels of government including the Senate candidates, I saw four McMullin signs and no Lee signs. There were really very few political signs altogether other than on overpasses - even for state legislative candidates there weren't that many more.

I do remember seeing a Lee sign in West Valley City in May. So they're definitely here somewhere. I'll do the west side at some point this week. I expect if there is a concentration of Lee signs anywhere it would be Herriman, which is the one significant place in Utah where non-Mormon Republicans exist in large numbers, and they bring that culture with them. People who think they're "country" for living in a suburb, drive massive lifted trucks for no reason, own 40 guns and use 2 of them, massive flagpole in front of their 5 bedroom 4 bath 3500sqft McMansion with a "don't tread on me" flag on it (above the American flag, of course), you know the type. That area was full of Trump signs in 2020, the only such area I was able to find (trust me, I looked).
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2022, 07:31:47 PM »

Orange County, NC (75% Biden)
Beasley expectedly dominates among lawn signs everywhere that there is people. Budd ones aren't that frequent in the countryside either, which isn't all that Republican to begin with. Nothing too out of the ordinary from prior elections.

Much more excitement for Geels(the R for safe D NC-4) and Lopez(the R for a safe D state house seat) in the northern half of the county than would be expected. Some just have Geels and Lopez signs but none for Budd.
Several signs for these candidates in an 86% Biden precinct, including a large roadside Geels sign north of Hillsborough's artsy white downtown.
ctherainbow
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -5.57

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2022, 07:42:09 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2022, 08:01:56 PM by ctherainbow »

What would you say is the ratio of Shapiro to Mastriano if there is much of a difference?

Well, in Susquehanna County, my rural red home county, I would say on average there’s about a 2:1 Mastriano:Shapiro sign ratio, though you see more Mastriano signs than the county average in the more rural townships, and more Shapiro signs than the county average in our small towns.  This is in a county that was nearly 3:1 Trump:Biden.  The Senate sign race is pretty much 1:1, with Fetterman probably still having a few more signs out than Oz, but Oz is very slowly catching up.  For a few months after the primary, there were almost 0 Oz signs in the entire county.

The surrounding NEPA counties vary; Bradford and Wyoming are a bit stronger for Mastriano and about the same for Oz, though they both have very disorganized county Democratic parties, so they don’t have great sign distribution strategy.

Lackawanna is a pretty hefty signage win for Shapiro especially, but also Fetterman.

Luzerne is showing pretty decent support considering how dysfunctional their county Dems are; though I doubt Shapiro will flip Luzerne blue, and Fetterman has almost no chance of doing so.  Mastriano and Oz have about the same number of signs in Luzerne as Shapiro and Fetterman, varying based on level of urbanization.

Wayne County is being blitzed by a well-organized Cartwright team, and there might actually be more Cartwright signs in Wayne than Shapiro or Fetterman.  Wayne is still a rural red county, though, so the sign balance for the statewides is about the same as Susquehanna.

Pike County is harder to gauge, as they have those obnoxiously gated housing developments, so a lot of the county is inaccessible for canvassing.  But if the 2020 swing and sky-high housing market in Pike County are any indicator, I imagine there’s a pretty strong signage showing for Dems in those developments, except for the HOAs that don’t allow political signage.  On the other hand, in the less developed but publicly accessible northern end of the county, it’s about the standard rural county sign ratio.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2022, 07:50:22 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2022, 09:13:30 PM by The Address That Must Not be Named »

- Another Ryan sign in German Village

- Seven Ryan signs in Gahanna

- Still nothing for Vance

- Two signs for Terrie Jameson in Gahanna

- Some state house candidate signs
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2022, 10:42:36 PM »

Was in rural Nevada this weekend. Seems like more Laxalt enthusiasm overall but every sign was just those ones by random businesses but not a single lawn sign for a non-local candidate.  I kept my eyes peeled for a chance of a random Masto or Horsford sign, but to no avail.
ModerateRadical
Rookie

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2022, 10:59:40 PM »

Drove to MD and back this weekend, and saw a fair number of "Farmers for Spanberger" and "Farmers for Vega" signs along the road while driving through VA-07. Was a little surprised by how many signs I saw for Hung Cao in VA-10, but a lot of those were in smallish towns/exurban areas, so it's likely not entirely representative of the district as a whole (on the other hand, extra voter enthusiasm among the base leading up to the midterms certainly doesn't hurt).
JMT

« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2022, 08:08:22 AM »

I’ve seen about 5-10 Geoff Diehl signs, and 0 Maura Healey signs. Diehl must have this in the bag…
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2022, 09:18:13 AM »

The state leg races are in full force in this area, but no signs for statewide candidates yet.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2022, 10:58:09 AM »

Was in rural Nevada this weekend. Seems like more Laxalt enthusiasm overall but every sign was just those ones by random businesses but not a single lawn sign for a non-local candidate.  I kept my eyes peeled for a chance of a random Masto or Horsford sign, but to no avail.
Rural Nevada means nothing tbh. Normally I would doom but this doesnt phase me. CCM probably will lose but it won't be because of the two people living outside of Reno or LV.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2022, 04:39:27 PM »

Rural Nevada means nothing tbh. Normally I would doom but this doesnt phase me. CCM probably will lose but it won't be because of the two people living outside of Reno or LV.
It’s called the ‘Anecdotal’ lawn sign megathread.
walleye26

« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2022, 09:48:38 PM »

Not a lot of signs for anything in Wisconsin. I drove from Portage to West Bend to visit some friends last week, and there were some Michels and Johnson signs in eastern Dodge and Washington counties (perhaps a dozen, maybe a bit more) but also a few Evers and Barnes signs. I saw some Evers signs east of Horicon off Highway 33 and figured those folks are brave. When I drove to Columbus I saw 4 Evers/Barnes signs between Portage and Columbus on Highway 16, No Michels signs.

I am driving from Wisconsin Dells up to Superior this weekend. Haven’t driven that stretch this year yet, but in 2020 there wasn’t a lot of signs (for either Trump or Biden) between Osseo and Wisconsin Dells on I-94. That might be due to geography (there’s a lot of rocky bluffs and cliffs). It’ll be interesting to see the area by Eau Claire and up north to Superior on Highway 53. Lots of Trump signs in 2020, but we will see what it looks like this year.

I also plan on visiting a friend from college in Rusk County next month, so I’ll see a decent stretch from Osseo to Ladysmith.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2022, 11:25:55 AM »

Here in DeKalb county Abrams signs still outnumber Warnock signs at least 2 to 1. Doesn't seem to be translating to the polls though.

I haven't seen any signs for the Republicans in my area, but this close to 90% Dem territory.
BenjiG98
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.00, S: -2.26

P P P
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2022, 11:54:00 AM »

It's really quiet in my neck of the woods. Gov. Little has one billboard up and one Republican state house candidate has a sign up near a major roadway. I haven't really seen much else. It may pick up more in the next 40 days, but the lack of activity is mostly attributable to our sad lack of competitive races, even at the county level really.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2022, 09:23:49 PM »

Have yet to see more than a few signs in my area. The only sign I can think of right now is a Zeldin for Governor sign. People in my area tend to display their politics through flags or clothing more than a yard sign.
cb584968

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2022, 06:57:44 AM »

Quite a few Malinowski signs in the northwestern portion of NJ-7. Didn’t see any for Kean Jr.
walleye26

« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2022, 10:05:47 PM »

Drove from the Dells to Superior today via I-94/US53.

Two competing things that make no sense:
-A lot more Democratic yard signs in the Driftless region in Monroe, Jackson, and Eau Claire Counties. Places that didn’t have signs in 2020 have Democratic signs now.

-More GOP signs in Douglas County. A lot more Michels signs in the Superior area than there were Trump signs in 2020.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies