The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:54:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: The Anecdotal Lawn Signs Megathread  (Read 6186 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2022, 04:04:13 PM »

Thought this could be fun as we go further into election season. Nothing but sharing anecdotes on lawn signs and where you've seen them!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 04:57:05 PM »

I've seen very few here (Forsyth County GA) this year.  Most were for the primary and have since been taken down.

One of my neighbors had a "Walker for Senate" sign up for a couple months, but it has also come down.  I don't know why.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 05:07:39 PM »

No Oz. Lots of Fetterman.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2022, 05:32:08 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2022, 06:08:06 PM by Horus »

Despite him consistently outperforming her in the polls, I've seen double the amount of Abrams signs compared to Warnock. This is all DeKalb/Fulton/Gwinnett.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 05:45:44 PM »

I was in Oregon recently and the only sign I saw for anyone was a Drazan sign by a highway. No lawn signs whatsoever. Weird.
In Utah, a few Mike Lee signs. Haven’t seen a McMullin one yet.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 05:47:15 PM »

Didn’t see a recent Wyoming thread, but I drove the width of the state today. Observations: lots of Cheney signs in Cheyenne and Laramie. More Hagerman signs along rural I-80. On the FM radio side of things, I heard the ad Dick Cheney made about 5-6 times and only one or two Hagerman ads.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 05:59:43 PM »

Also, if you could add where you are too (even generally), would be helpful!

Back where I'm from, in Montgomery County, PA (suburb of Philly), not a whole lot of action. Have seen 1 Shapiro sign on my parents street, and 2 Fetterman signs as well. Have seen no Oz and Mastriano signs though whatsoever in the town at all.

There's also 1 Kathy Barnette primary sign that someone has still not taken down near the highway lol.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 05:59:59 PM »

Where in PA?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 07:04:18 PM »

Bucks and Montco
xavier110
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 07:14:52 PM »

Phoenix…I don’t think I’ve seen a Kelly sign anywhere. The millions are being burnt on other things. Some Masters, but more on corners during the primary…think I’ve seen them outside one actual home.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 07:18:16 PM »

I’ve seen signs for every single Democratic congressional candidate on my primary ballot.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 07:19:10 PM »

NYC so not necessarily the most sign-friendly city but really nothing.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 07:22:47 PM »

In Houston, saw 0 republican signs, 1 libertarian sign and a ton of Beto Signs.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 07:39:49 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2022, 07:45:17 PM by MAGA Maggie's Masshole Wall »

Seacoast area, have noticed a few Hassan and Pappas signs but lots of buzz in the GOP. If anything in my town there are more signs for our state rep race than anything. The Democratic primary isn't for another month - Hassan is facing token opposition while Pappas doesn't have a challenger. Hassan has been more focused on TV ads.

For the Senate, there's a pretty heavy Morse presence out here. I see a bunch of Bolduc signs and a few Smith ones, but the main one is Morse. I have some reason to believe but then again Carson massively led the road sign count in my area in 2016.

As for NH-1, Leavitt has an edge - probably because this is her stomping grounds. Here and, to a lesser extent, the Salem area where her family owns a business, are her home turfs. Mowers is a close second, with a few Gail Huff Brown and Tim Baxter signs here and there. No Prescott presence at all, even in his hometown.

It underscores just how dire the situation is for Mowers' opponents in the primary. All four of them are from the Seacoast. If Mowers can run up the margin in Manchester, he's got this.

Nyvin or any other NHposter - what's the sign situation looking like for you?
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 07:40:28 PM »

As I said in a different thread, saw a Bennet sign in a Biden+32 rich suburban precinct.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 07:42:14 PM »

I drove through rural western Rhode Island today and saw a huge number of Fung signs.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 08:10:27 PM »

Seacoast area, have noticed a few Hassan and Pappas signs but lots of buzz in the GOP. If anything in my town there are more signs for our state rep race than anything. The Democratic primary isn't for another month - Hassan is facing token opposition while Pappas doesn't have a challenger. Hassan has been more focused on TV ads.

For the Senate, there's a pretty heavy Morse presence out here. I see a bunch of Bolduc signs and a few Smith ones, but the main one is Morse. I have some reason to believe but then again Carson massively led the road sign count in my area in 2016.

As for NH-1, Leavitt has an edge - probably because this is her stomping grounds. Here and, to a lesser extent, the Salem area where her family owns a business, are her home turfs. Mowers is a close second, with a few Gail Huff Brown and Tim Baxter signs here and there. No Prescott presence at all, even in his hometown.

It underscores just how dire the situation is for Mowers' opponents in the primary. All four of them are from the Seacoast. If Mowers can run up the margin in Manchester, he's got this.

Nyvin or any other NHposter - what's the sign situation looking like for you?

The Republican primary in my town is crazy competitive, they have 15 candidates for state rep and only 7 seats.   Also seeing signs for Riley (R Gov candidate) even though he doesn't really seem competitive at all.  Lots of Buldoc signs and some signs from Morse too.

I have seen a few for Pappas but that's about it for Democrats.  There's practically no D primary here at all aside from those two nobodies challenging Hassan.

If signs were an indication of winning one would think Republicans are winning a landslide.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 08:21:12 PM »

I passed through DuPage County recently and the only signs I saw were a few for one of the (Democratic) state legislators who represent that area. I assume there will probably be more after Labor Day as the campaign season heats up, though.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 08:28:59 PM »

A few Murray signs here in Seattle, though far more Gross and Valdez signs. Up in Mill Creek I saw a Smiley sign, though it was next to a Culp sign from 2020.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 09:39:24 PM »

80% Gottheimer, 20% Pallotta
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 10:13:19 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2022, 01:08:53 PM by RI »

A few Murray signs here in Seattle, though far more Gross and Valdez signs. Up in Mill Creek I saw a Smiley sign, though it was next to a Culp sign from 2020.

I've yet to see a single Murray sign anywhere. Plenty of Smiley signs across my district. DelBene and Hobbs got theirs up pretty late while Wagoner and Cavaleri had a bunch; haven't seen any Anderson signs. Most signs around here are for legislative races; I have plenty of my signs up, for example.

Signs mean basically nothing, honestly.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2022, 11:09:08 PM »

Dozens of Pat Ryan signs and a single one for Molinaro.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2022, 12:39:04 AM »

I've yet to see a single Murray sign anywhere. Plenty of Smiley signs across my district. DelBene and Hobbs got theirs up pretty late while Wagoner and Cavaleri had a bunch; haven't seen any Anderson signs.

Signs mean basically nothing, honestly.

Yeah, very few Murray signs and maybe a couple Smiley signs here and there on the outskirts of Seattle. Almost all of the signs I see around my part of town are for the open State House seat (36th LD).
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 02:40:02 AM »

Lots of Caruso signs mostly in front of my republican neighbor's houses and two Bass signs in my neighborhood. One house with a ton of trump 2024 flags on it has a Caruso sign and a reelect sheriff Villanueva sign. Also, a couple of Meija signs are up including the one I have from the primary lol still need to get the new updated one. Pretty much no signs for the statewide or congressional races here which makes sense seeing as their not really competitive. 
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 08:50:11 AM »

Have not seen an Oz sign except for one outside my polling place when I lived in Lancaster County. None since moving to Bucks County. A good number of Fetterman signs in Bucks, one or two in Berks, and quite a few in Montco.

I've seen Mastriano signs everywhere. They're like the plague. I didn't see my first Shapiro lawn sign until I drove through Montco and Philly about a month and a half ago. I've seen a few Shapiro signs in Bucks since then.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies