Will we see border closures due to monkeypox?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:24:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will we see border closures due to monkeypox?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Will we see border closures due to monkeypox?  (Read 569 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 04, 2022, 08:17:08 PM »

I'm not going to vote, because I genuinely have no idea. All I will say is that if you want to escape this sinking ship, do it now.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 09:26:32 PM »

Why on earth would that be necessary? Monkeypox spreads nothing like COVID!!!
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 01:16:24 AM »

Why on earth would that be necessary? Monkeypox spreads nothing like COVID!!!

Have you seen photos of people suffering from monkeypox? They have become disgusting and butt ugly! That's why!

Seriously though... the answer is no.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 08:00:20 AM »

Due to Monkeypox? No. Due to Monkeypox panic making people do stupid things? Quite possible, but not likely widespread.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2022, 08:26:45 AM »

No. Even if it were the correct policy, the political will for this kind of measure has been temporarily exhausted by COVID-19 policies.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 08:36:59 AM »

This is just hysterical hypochondria.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2022, 09:02:15 AM »

Nah, neither this nor lockdowns are happening. Just stop fearmongering.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 10:40:19 AM »

Nah, neither this nor lockdowns are happening. Just stop fearmongering.

But what would the thread starter post about then?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 11:40:08 AM »

I feel bad even responding to this thread because I still don't really understand why this forum is suddenly having a meltdown about such a monumental non-event. I mean, we are just finishing of a third spell of freak hot temperatures, forest fires across Europe, floods in the USA - maybe our continuing collective reluctance to do anything about this is a slightly bigger issue?

But surely if we have learnt anything from Covid it's that closing borders doesn't keep an infectious disease out of a society that it is already circulating in. In practice, the border closures were one of the cruellest and most inhumane of the anti-covid policies that were put in place, and in some cases maintained for years, and that served no purpose other than to look like you were doing something while simultaneously achieving nothing at all.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2022, 02:21:53 PM »

I feel bad even responding to this thread because I still don't really understand why this forum is suddenly having a meltdown about such a monumental non-event. I mean, we are just finishing of a third spell of freak hot temperatures, forest fires across Europe, floods in the USA - maybe our continuing collective reluctance to do anything about this is a slightly bigger issue?

All of which individually have killed more people, it must be noted.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 05:10:21 PM »

But surely if we have learnt anything from Covid it's that closing borders doesn't keep an infectious disease out of a society that it is already circulating in. In practice, the border closures were one of the cruellest and most inhumane of the anti-covid policies that were put in place, and in some cases maintained for years, and that served no purpose other than to look like you were doing something while simultaneously achieving nothing at all.

Maybe it’s because monkey pox is more likely to affect people working in the media or people they know than flooding, forest fires, or heat waves (as they works indoor with AC).
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 05:33:04 PM »

Tbh, I had the feeling that this forum is getting dumber by the minute lately. It's probably because people can't handle it anymore... COVID, Ukraine, the inflation, heat waves and wild fires... so everybody is starting to go off the deep end now.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies