Will we see border closures due to monkeypox? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:13:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Will we see border closures due to monkeypox? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Will we see border closures due to monkeypox?  (Read 566 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: August 05, 2022, 05:10:21 PM »

I feel bad even responding to this thread because I still don't really understand why this forum is suddenly having a meltdown about such a monumental non-event. I mean, we are just finishing of a third spell of freak hot temperatures, forest fires across Europe, floods in the USA - maybe our continuing collective reluctance to do anything about this is a slightly bigger issue?

But surely if we have learnt anything from Covid it's that closing borders doesn't keep an infectious disease out of a society that it is already circulating in. In practice, the border closures were one of the cruellest and most inhumane of the anti-covid policies that were put in place, and in some cases maintained for years, and that served no purpose other than to look like you were doing something while simultaneously achieving nothing at all.

Maybe it’s because monkey pox is more likely to affect people working in the media or people they know than flooding, forest fires, or heat waves (as they works indoor with AC).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies