Biden admin offers famous convicted Russian arms dealer (Viktor Bout) exchange for Griner, Whelan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 08:35:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden admin offers famous convicted Russian arms dealer (Viktor Bout) exchange for Griner, Whelan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Biden admin offers famous convicted Russian arms dealer (Viktor Bout) exchange for Griner, Whelan  (Read 2092 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2022, 02:25:16 PM »

Why her specifically? She's not the only person imprisoned overseas under questionable circumstances. Is it the fame? Pretty gross and elitist if so.

She's a famous black lesbian and a lot of people on the left are blaming the US for her plight because she gets paid so much less than an NBA star of equivalent prestige. Fair or not, this puts a lot of pressure on Biden to get her home to calm tensions with his base of support.

Oh........that explains a lot. Because this other guy, Whelan, has hardly been mentioned by any of us and it seems he's been trapped in Russia for a while. Yet nobody cares. But when it's a black lesbian star who appeals to be base or whatever, it's suddenly an existential crisis that warrants releasing a dangerous arms dealer. This sort of utter nonsense and unfairness is just terrible, and you can add it to the list of reasons I don't sport a red avatar.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2022, 10:16:20 PM »

I loathe Brittany Griner.  She's an anti-American lowlife, and I don't particularly care that she has it rough

Nonetheless, I believe that our government should make every effort to bring her back.  She IS an American citizen, that should count for something, and the sentence she is receiving is cruel and inhumane.  She should be aided by our government in reversing this legal injustice and bringing her home.

Perfect justice, however, would require her to have to walk to freedom through a long line of American Vietnam Veterans silently affirming that our government brought her home.  She should be reminded how many Leftist Lowlifes cursed these men when they came home for a war they neither started nor chose to fight, but served anyway because they loved their Country and would not turn their backs on their Country when their Country called them.  She needs to see their decency and virtue and feel at depth her indecency and utter lack of virtue.  And she needs to realize that their "Welcome Home!" to Brittanny Griner is GRACE and not an ENTITLEMENT.

In a world aimed at REAL reconciliation that would happen.

Basically, you think "Brittanny Griner" should be brought home, but that she should be made to take part in a bizarre shame fantasy that denigrates "leftist lowlifes" and affirms your particular notions of patriotism.

This is an incoherent and frankly shameful post, even by your standards.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2022, 02:49:47 PM »

I loathe Brittany Griner.  She's an anti-American lowlife, and I don't particularly care that she has it rough

Nonetheless, I believe that our government should make every effort to bring her back.  She IS an American citizen, that should count for something, and the sentence she is receiving is cruel and inhumane.  She should be aided by our government in reversing this legal injustice and bringing her home.

Perfect justice, however, would require her to have to walk to freedom through a long line of American Vietnam Veterans silently affirming that our government brought her home.  She should be reminded how many Leftist Lowlifes cursed these men when they came home for a war they neither started nor chose to fight, but served anyway because they loved their Country and would not turn their backs on their Country when their Country called them.  She needs to see their decency and virtue and feel at depth her indecency and utter lack of virtue.  And she needs to realize that their "Welcome Home!" to Brittanny Griner is GRACE and not an ENTITLEMENT.

Basically, you think "Brittanny Griner" should be brought home, but that she should be made to take part in a bizarre shame fantasy that denigrates "leftist lowlifes" and affirms your particular notions of patriotism.

I've thought about what I've posted.

I will note that Jesus commanded his followers to "Love your enemies".  That is unambiguous.  So I'm commanded to love her.  And I'll admit to rejoicing in the iniquity of her treatment in Russia; that's not loving one's enemy, and 9 years for a vape pen is not justifiable, period.

I would hope that our government would bring her back.  She's not worth it in practical terms, but the Prodigal Son wasn't worth it, either.  He was a selfish wastrel; he got what was his (his inheritance) and then he got what he deserved dtue to his decisions to engage in riotous living (living in the pigpen, eating corn cobs).  But he received he GRACE of the father, who, seeing him down the road, ran to him and threw his arms around him, killed the fatted calf, and had a celebration.  So, yes, as an American, I would rejoice in her return from an unjust confinement.  And, yes, the son who stayed home and was loyal to his father was wrong to pout, and to not join with his father in rejoicing that his brother who was once lost is now found.

But it should also be pointed out that the Prodigal Son came to himself in his captivity and recognized that the servants in his Fother's House were living far better than he was.  The Prodigal Son was not confused as to whose fault it was that he was in his predicament, and he was preparing to tell his father that he was not worthy to be his son and would plead to be one of his servants.  Even that wold have been Grace, albeit a Lesser Grace, but the father restored him to sonship completely (although he did not give him a new inheritance; he told the son that stayed that all he (the father) had was his (the son that stayed). 

This is a woman that complains of oppression when it was her that CHOSE to attend a Christian college (Baylor, a Baptist University) but was put out about pressure to not be able to live as an openly gay person.  This is a woman that complains about life in America when she has made far more money than I do playing a game.  In truth, she's been able to go where she wanted to go, do what she wanted to do, and say what she wanted to say, moreso than most people, and her big complaint is that she's gotten some pushback for it.  No one wants to buy shoes with my name on them or deodorant that I endorse.  This bust in Russia is the FIRST time she's been faced in a meaningful way what she can't do, and what she can't do without consequences is break the laws of the nation she's in.  And for the first time in a long time, she's finding out that no one's impressed with who she is.  At least in the Russian Judicial System.

So let's bring her home.  Yes, let's give up the Arms Dealer for her; i'm fine with that.  It's what we do, and it's the right thing.  But it's not wrong to acknowledge that we're doing it for a total ingrate who has no comprehension of the indignation ordinary people who love America and obey its laws would view the idea of giving up an Arms Dealer to Russia just so she can come back.  (Would АndriуValeriovych agree that such a swap was right?) 

And, yes, I do think of those Vietnam Vets who got spat on, called "murderers" at airports by the Worst of the American Left.  I was alive for that.  The younger Vietnam Vets are no more than 5-7 years older than me and have been my older peers in many situations, and I know a few who suffered this.  (I also know people who hid in Canada until Carter's pardon, and none of them struck me as anything but cowards; there was no principle in any of them.)  It's one of life's injustices that Brittany Griner, who hates America, will receive a warmer welcome home than ordinary Vietnam Vets who answered their Country's Call (and, yes, most were drafted) and came back far worse for the wear than Brittany Griner likely will.

So I'll be pleased with Brittany Griner coming home, if only because she's an American citizen.  I do hope that she realizes that any homecoming is grace and not justice.  Justice would be the Leftists that are still alive today that spat on returning Vietnam Vets collectively gathering to welcome them home and saying that they're sorry for what they did in the 1970s.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2022, 06:19:06 PM »

Agreed, and I say this as one of the more anti-Griner posters (as in, don't think this deal is a smart idea AT ALL and think Griner is an idiot for causing this mess) in this thread. If I'm hostile towards Griner (which I kind of am), Fuzzy is fifty times worse, and I'm seriously not understanding why he's so anti-Griner.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2022, 06:33:15 PM »

I will note that Jesus commanded his followers to "Love your enemies".  That is unambiguous.  So I'm commanded to love her.  And I'll admit to rejoicing in the iniquity of her treatment in Russia; that's not loving one's enemy, and 9 years for a vape pen is not justifiable, period.

I would hope that our government would bring her back.  She's not worth it in practical terms, but the Prodigal Son wasn't worth it, either.  He was a selfish wastrel; he got what was his (his inheritance) and then he got what he deserved dtue to his decisions to engage in riotous living (living in the pigpen, eating corn cobs).  But he received he GRACE of the father, who, seeing him down the road, ran to him and threw his arms around him, killed the fatted calf, and had a celebration.  So, yes, as an American, I would rejoice in her return from an unjust confinement.  And, yes, the son who stayed home and was loyal to his father was wrong to pout, and to not join with his father in rejoicing that his brother who was once lost is now found.

But it should also be pointed out that the Prodigal Son came to himself in his captivity and recognized that the servants in his Fother's House were living far better than he was.  The Prodigal Son was not confused as to whose fault it was that he was in his predicament, and he was preparing to tell his father that he was not worthy to be his son and would plead to be one of his servants.  Even that wold have been Grace, albeit a Lesser Grace, but the father restored him to sonship completely (although he did not give him a new inheritance; he told the son that stayed that all he (the father) had was his (the son that stayed). 

This is a woman that complains of oppression when it was her that CHOSE to attend a Christian college (Baylor, a Baptist University) but was put out about pressure to not be able to live as an openly gay person.  This is a woman that complains about life in America when she has made far more money than I do playing a game.  In truth, she's been able to go where she wanted to go, do what she wanted to do, and say what she wanted to say, moreso than most people, and her big complaint is that she's gotten some pushback for it.  No one wants to buy shoes with my name on them or deodorant that I endorse.  This bust in Russia is the FIRST time she's been faced in a meaningful way what she can't do, and what she can't do without consequences is break the laws of the nation she's in.  And for the first time in a long time, she's finding out that no one's impressed with who she is.  At least in the Russian Judicial System.

So let's bring her home.  Yes, let's give up the Arms Dealer for her; i'm fine with that.  It's what we do, and it's the right thing.  But it's not wrong to acknowledge that we're doing it for a total ingrate who has no comprehension of the indignation ordinary people who love America and obey its laws would view the idea of giving up an Arms Dealer to Russia just so she can come back.  (Would АndriуValeriovych agree that such a swap was right?) 

And, yes, I do think of those Vietnam Vets who got spat on, called "murderers" at airports by the Worst of the American Left.  I was alive for that.  The younger Vietnam Vets are no more than 5-7 years older than me and have been my older peers in many situations, and I know a few who suffered this.  (I also know people who hid in Canada until Carter's pardon, and none of them struck me as anything but cowards; there was no principle in any of them.)  It's one of life's injustices that Brittany Griner, who hates America, will receive a warmer welcome home than ordinary Vietnam Vets who answered their Country's Call (and, yes, most were drafted) and came back far worse for the wear than Brittany Griner likely will.

So I'll be pleased with Brittany Griner coming home, if only because she's an American citizen.  I do hope that she realizes that any homecoming is grace and not justice.  Justice would be the Leftists that are still alive today that spat on returning Vietnam Vets collectively gathering to welcome them home and saying that they're sorry for what they did in the 1970s.

1.) So I'm not sure what the Vietnam War has to do with this at all.
     a.) But while we're at it, very few leftists spat on or insulted Vietnam War veterans. The opposed the war, yes, and IIRC you were in that number, but few resented the young men sent to fight in it, frequently without choice. Yes, there were a few incidents (such as the infamous Jane Fonda incident) of what you described happening, but for the most part, there was little hate for the Vietnam vets. And you as a Republican are hardly one to talk about respecting and supporting our veterans. Your party was eager to send off American soldiers to fight in the Middle East (and it was Joe Biden, the man you despise, who got them back from Afghanistan after nearly two decades), but after that, they were eager to wash their hands clean. You remember the Walter Reed scandal, which exposed the terrible conditions and treatment of Iraq/Afghanistan vets? Much more recently - Republicans blocked an effort to aid war veterans exposed to toxic burn pits (see thus and this).
2.) Honestly, it feels like you're...jealous of Griner? WBNA players aren't absolute celebrities or whatever, and even celebrities and star athletes face struggles. It's wrong to minimise that and say that they don't have any problems at all because they're famous. You should know better. I don't know why you consider her to be a "total ingrate" just because she's a famous celebrity athlete (and I think you're overestimating her star status anyway).
3.) The number of unnecessary Biblical references you made in your post was, in a word, painful.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2022, 07:22:03 PM »

I loathe Brittany Griner.  She's an anti-American lowlife, and I don't particularly care that she has it rough.  

Nonetheless, I believe that our government should make every effort to bring her back.  She IS an American citizen, that should count for something, and the sentence she is receiving is cruel and inhumane.  She should be aided by our government in reversing this legal injustice and bringing her home.

Perfect justice, however, would require her to have to walk to freedom through a long line of American Vietnam Veterans silently affirming that our government brought her home.  She should be reminded how many Leftist Lowlifes cursed these men when they came home for a war they neither started nor chose to fight, but served anyway because they loved their Country and would not turn their backs on their Country when their Country called them.  She needs to see their decency and virtue and feel at depth her indecency and utter lack of virtue.  And she needs to realize that their "Welcome Home!" to Brittanny Griner is GRACE and not an ENTITLEMENT.

I will note that Jesus commanded his followers to "Love your enemies".  That is unambiguous.  So I'm commanded to love her.  And I'll admit to rejoicing in the iniquity of her treatment in Russia; that's not loving one's enemy, and 9 years for a vape pen is not justifiable, period.

I would hope that our government would bring her back.  She's not worth it in practical terms, but the Prodigal Son wasn't worth it, either.  He was a selfish wastrel; he got what was his (his inheritance) and then he got what he deserved dtue to his decisions to engage in riotous living (living in the pigpen, eating corn cobs).  But he received he GRACE of the father, who, seeing him down the road, ran to him and threw his arms around him, killed the fatted calf, and had a celebration.  So, yes, as an American, I would rejoice in her return from an unjust confinement.  And, yes, the son who stayed home and was loyal to his father was wrong to pout, and to not join with his father in rejoicing that his brother who was once lost is now found.

But it should also be pointed out that the Prodigal Son came to himself in his captivity and recognized that the servants in his Fother's House were living far better than he was.  The Prodigal Son was not confused as to whose fault it was that he was in his predicament, and he was preparing to tell his father that he was not worthy to be his son and would plead to be one of his servants.  Even that wold have been Grace, albeit a Lesser Grace, but the father restored him to sonship completely (although he did not give him a new inheritance; he told the son that stayed that all he (the father) had was his (the son that stayed).  

This is a woman that complains of oppression when it was her that CHOSE to attend a Christian college (Baylor, a Baptist University) but was put out about pressure to not be able to live as an openly gay person.  This is a woman that complains about life in America when she has made far more money than I do playing a game.  In truth, she's been able to go where she wanted to go, do what she wanted to do, and say what she wanted to say, moreso than most people, and her big complaint is that she's gotten some pushback for it.  No one wants to buy shoes with my name on them or deodorant that I endorse.  This bust in Russia is the FIRST time she's been faced in a meaningful way what she can't do, and what she can't do without consequences is break the laws of the nation she's in.  And for the first time in a long time, she's finding out that no one's impressed with who she is.  At least in the Russian Judicial System.

So let's bring her home.  Yes, let's give up the Arms Dealer for her; i'm fine with that.  It's what we do, and it's the right thing.  But it's not wrong to acknowledge that we're doing it for a total ingrate who has no comprehension of the indignation ordinary people who love America and obey its laws would view the idea of giving up an Arms Dealer to Russia just so she can come back.  (Would АndriуValeriovych agree that such a swap was right?)  

And, yes, I do think of those Vietnam Vets who got spat on, called "murderers" at airports by the Worst of the American Left.  I was alive for that.  The younger Vietnam Vets are no more than 5-7 years older than me and have been my older peers in many situations, and I know a few who suffered this.  (I also know people who hid in Canada until Carter's pardon, and none of them struck me as anything but cowards; there was no principle in any of them.)  It's one of life's injustices that Brittany Griner, who hates America, will receive a warmer welcome home than ordinary Vietnam Vets who answered their Country's Call (and, yes, most were drafted) and came back far worse for the wear than Brittany Griner likely will.

So I'll be pleased with Brittany Griner coming home, if only because she's an American citizen.  I do hope that she realizes that any homecoming is grace and not justice.  Justice would be the Leftists that are still alive today that spat on returning Vietnam Vets collectively gathering to welcome them home and saying that they're sorry for what they did in the 1970s.

a.) But while we're at it, very few leftists spat on or insulted Vietnam War veterans. The opposed the war, yes, and IIRC you were in that number, but few resented the young men sent to fight in it, frequently without choice. Yes, there were a few incidents (such as the infamous Jane Fonda incident) of what you described happening, but for the most part, there was little hate for the Vietnam vets. And you as a Republican are hardly one to talk about respecting and supporting our veterans. Your party was eager to send off American soldiers to fight in the Middle East (and it was Joe Biden, the man you despise, who got them back from Afghanistan after nearly two decades), but after that, they were eager to wash their hands clean. You remember the Walter Reed scandal, which exposed the terrible conditions and treatment of Iraq/Afghanistan vets? Much more recently - Republicans blocked an effort to aid war veterans exposed to toxic burn pits (see thus and this).
2.) Honestly, it feels like you're...jealous of Griner? WBNA players aren't absolute celebrities or whatever, and even celebrities and star athletes face struggles. It's wrong to minimise that and say that they don't have any problems at all because they're famous. You should know better. I don't know why you consider her to be a "total ingrate" just because she's a famous celebrity athlete (and I think you're overestimating her star status anyway).
3.) The number of unnecessary Biblical references you made in your post was, in a word, painful.

Several answers:

1.  I've been opposed to our Neocon Middle East Adventurism, period.  All of it.

2.  I was opposed to the Vietnam War as a teenager, but it was older brothers of my peers that were going into the military to fight it.  I certainly didn't root for our side to lose, and I thought it indefensible at the time for anyone to take it out on our soldiers returning home.  And, yes, it did happen.  In the 1970s at every major airport, young men returning home from war were greeted with Leftist demonstrators calling them war criminals and baby killers, etc.  Every major airport had these people.  These young men grew up reading about the heroic welcome WWII vets received; they were spat on and they were never thanked.  I know people that this happened to.  You minimize this because you weren't there and it doesn't fit your narrative.

My comments about Brittany Griner stand.  As do my Biblical references.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2022, 10:08:17 PM »

I loathe Brittany Griner.  She's an anti-American lowlife, and I don't particularly care that she has it rough.  

Nonetheless, I believe that our government should make every effort to bring her back.  She IS an American citizen, that should count for something, and the sentence she is receiving is cruel and inhumane.  She should be aided by our government in reversing this legal injustice and bringing her home.

Perfect justice, however, would require her to have to walk to freedom through a long line of American Vietnam Veterans silently affirming that our government brought her home.  She should be reminded how many Leftist Lowlifes cursed these men when they came home for a war they neither started nor chose to fight, but served anyway because they loved their Country and would not turn their backs on their Country when their Country called them.  She needs to see their decency and virtue and feel at depth her indecency and utter lack of virtue.  And she needs to realize that their "Welcome Home!" to Brittanny Griner is GRACE and not an ENTITLEMENT.

I will note that Jesus commanded his followers to "Love your enemies".  That is unambiguous.  So I'm commanded to love her.  And I'll admit to rejoicing in the iniquity of her treatment in Russia; that's not loving one's enemy, and 9 years for a vape pen is not justifiable, period.

I would hope that our government would bring her back.  She's not worth it in practical terms, but the Prodigal Son wasn't worth it, either.  He was a selfish wastrel; he got what was his (his inheritance) and then he got what he deserved dtue to his decisions to engage in riotous living (living in the pigpen, eating corn cobs).  But he received he GRACE of the father, who, seeing him down the road, ran to him and threw his arms around him, killed the fatted calf, and had a celebration.  So, yes, as an American, I would rejoice in her return from an unjust confinement.  And, yes, the son who stayed home and was loyal to his father was wrong to pout, and to not join with his father in rejoicing that his brother who was once lost is now found.

But it should also be pointed out that the Prodigal Son came to himself in his captivity and recognized that the servants in his Fother's House were living far better than he was.  The Prodigal Son was not confused as to whose fault it was that he was in his predicament, and he was preparing to tell his father that he was not worthy to be his son and would plead to be one of his servants.  Even that wold have been Grace, albeit a Lesser Grace, but the father restored him to sonship completely (although he did not give him a new inheritance; he told the son that stayed that all he (the father) had was his (the son that stayed).  

This is a woman that complains of oppression when it was her that CHOSE to attend a Christian college (Baylor, a Baptist University) but was put out about pressure to not be able to live as an openly gay person.  This is a woman that complains about life in America when she has made far more money than I do playing a game.  In truth, she's been able to go where she wanted to go, do what she wanted to do, and say what she wanted to say, moreso than most people, and her big complaint is that she's gotten some pushback for it.  No one wants to buy shoes with my name on them or deodorant that I endorse.  This bust in Russia is the FIRST time she's been faced in a meaningful way what she can't do, and what she can't do without consequences is break the laws of the nation she's in.  And for the first time in a long time, she's finding out that no one's impressed with who she is.  At least in the Russian Judicial System.

So let's bring her home.  Yes, let's give up the Arms Dealer for her; i'm fine with that.  It's what we do, and it's the right thing.  But it's not wrong to acknowledge that we're doing it for a total ingrate who has no comprehension of the indignation ordinary people who love America and obey its laws would view the idea of giving up an Arms Dealer to Russia just so she can come back.  (Would АndriуValeriovych agree that such a swap was right?)  

And, yes, I do think of those Vietnam Vets who got spat on, called "murderers" at airports by the Worst of the American Left.  I was alive for that.  The younger Vietnam Vets are no more than 5-7 years older than me and have been my older peers in many situations, and I know a few who suffered this.  (I also know people who hid in Canada until Carter's pardon, and none of them struck me as anything but cowards; there was no principle in any of them.)  It's one of life's injustices that Brittany Griner, who hates America, will receive a warmer welcome home than ordinary Vietnam Vets who answered their Country's Call (and, yes, most were drafted) and came back far worse for the wear than Brittany Griner likely will.

So I'll be pleased with Brittany Griner coming home, if only because she's an American citizen.  I do hope that she realizes that any homecoming is grace and not justice.  Justice would be the Leftists that are still alive today that spat on returning Vietnam Vets collectively gathering to welcome them home and saying that they're sorry for what they did in the 1970s.

Several answers:

1.  I've been opposed to our Neocon Middle East Adventurism, period.  All of it.

2.  I was opposed to the Vietnam War as a teenager, but it was older brothers of my peers that were going into the military to fight it.  I certainly didn't root for our side to lose, and I thought it indefensible at the time for anyone to take it out on our soldiers returning home.  And, yes, it did happen.  In the 1970s at every major airport, young men returning home from war were greeted with Leftist demonstrators calling them war criminals and baby killers, etc.  Every major airport had these people.  These young men grew up reading about the heroic welcome WWII vets received; they were spat on and they were never thanked.  I know people that this happened to.  You minimize this because you weren't there and it doesn't fit your narrative.

My comments about Brittany Griner stand.  As do my Biblical references.

1.) Not to be a nitpick but is Vietnam really in the Middle East? I'd beg to differ. It's farther from Iraq/Afghanistan than India, and I doubt anybody with a clue about India would call it 'Middle Eastern.' I get your overall point on this matter though.
2.) Fair enough, I believe you. But again - how exactly is this relevant to Griner? Has she ever said anything disparaging or insulting about Vietnam War vets? What is the connection? Why are you bringing up this apparently unrelated 50-year-old point again and again?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2022, 07:48:15 AM »

What exactly did Brittany Griner do to piss off conservatives so much?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2022, 12:10:50 PM »

Getting Griner released is better optics than having her locked up. Let the world see that America will fight for its people.

Since she pretty much hates America, maybe she'll see it too.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2022, 12:12:26 PM »

Getting Griner released is better optics than having her locked up. Let the world see that America will fight for its people.

Please cite
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2022, 12:51:58 PM »

Please cite

The stories are the same.  She's Kaep 2.0 and I don't believe she cares for America anymore than he does.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2022, 12:53:23 PM »

Please cite

The stories are the same.  She's Kaep 2.0 and I don't believe she cares for America anymore than he does.

Please cite
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2022, 01:01:07 PM »

Nothing we shouldn't just give up an arms dealer to free her especially in a time like this and the media pressuring us to do so just cause she is a celebrity is ridiculous. This does not mean we should not try to free her, but it should not be by giving up an arms dealer at a time when Russia is still conducting an invasion.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2022, 01:59:50 PM »

Yeah, I don't get why Fuzzy is so contemptuous of her, I really don't. If I'm coming off as contemptuous towards her, it's because of her idiocy in going to Russia and being careless enough to take a vape pen with her at that. But Fuzzy called her a "total ingrate" and when I asked him why, along with a few other questions, he addressed some of my other queries but avoided this one. I think it's because he's trying to be #populist and thinks of her as an elite liberal out-of-touch celebrity or whatever, though his harsh and hate-filled tirades against her still seem over-the-top for sure.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2022, 03:16:48 PM »

If we agree to give Russia this manifestly evil man back, they should at minimum be sending back every American citizen currently held in Russia, ideally every NATO citizen.  If they want him back, it can't just be a 1-for-1 or 1-for-2 trade for people who are at best innocent and framed or at worst guilty of minor drug crimes.
Woke Frenzy
Hades
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2022, 10:26:29 AM »

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2022, 11:59:29 AM »

The hostage-takers refuse to release their hostage, news at 11.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2022, 05:26:09 PM »

Griner and Whelan were in no serious danger and would have been kept at one of those specialized prisons leagues above the living standards of regular political prisoners, let alone the general Russian population. There was no need to exchange them for Victor Bout.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies