2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:26:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 85079 times)
Spectator
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2575 on: August 09, 2022, 08:46:04 PM »

The red wave is still coming, judging by this special election. The Kansas abortion referendum was an anomaly.

Anomaly? My guy it was a statewide referendum on abortion, not a partisan election.

Yes, but it seems Democrats have failed to turn the election into a referendum on Dobbs, which is the only way they stand a chance in hell at damage control. I might switch to independent, I'm done with this party.

Oh no, whatever will the Massachusetts Democrat Party do
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2576 on: August 09, 2022, 08:48:07 PM »

Wow, let’s go, uh, whoever the hell Don Samuels is!
He's a former City Council member and a bit of a washed up hack who was on the right wing of municipal politics, and was involved in an accident where a child drowned under his care. He ran for mayor in 2013 as the most conservative major candidate. He did once speak at my church in a roundtable thing (one of our most notable speakers) so he has that going for him, but my vote for him was quite reluctant.

Omar's up by 3 with over 85% in so she probably has it but considering how weak Samuels was this definitely puts a target on her back in 2024.

Omar under performs in Generals, she under performs in Primaries...what good is she?  I've never been much of a fan really.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2577 on: August 09, 2022, 08:48:30 PM »

Dems actually may have a small chance of beating R turnout in WI based upon the results in so far, which would be quite an upset, especially given the lack of competative primaries on the D side.

No — this is mostly early vote with much of it from Madison and Milwaukee.

Tbf, in some of these relatively populous SE Counties such as Kenosha a disproportionately share of the vote in seems to be for Rs so idk how universally true it is. We shall see.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2578 on: August 09, 2022, 08:48:47 PM »

Calling CT-SEN R for Levy!
Calling CT-SOS R for Rapini!
Calling CT-SOS D for Thomas!
Calling CT-Treasurer D for Russell!

Uncalled:

VT-SEN R
VT-AL R
VT-LT GOV D
VT-SOS D
CT-4 R
MN
WI
KS-Treasurer R
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2579 on: August 09, 2022, 08:48:52 PM »

Stop responding to SnowLabrador guys, his posts are completely worthless and nothing ever productive comes out of his crap or people replying.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2580 on: August 09, 2022, 08:49:00 PM »

Wow, let’s go, uh, whoever the hell Don Samuels is!
He's a former City Council member and a bit of a washed up hack who was on the right wing of municipal politics, and was involved in an accident where a child drowned under his care. He ran for mayor in 2013 as the most conservative major candidate. He did once speak at my church in a roundtable thing (one of our most notable speakers) so he has that going for him, but my vote for him was quite reluctant.

Omar's up by 3 with over 85% in so she probably has it but considering how weak Samuels was this definitely puts a target on her back in 2024.

Omar under performs in Generals, she under performs in Primaries...what good is she?  I've never been much of a fan really.

She's also a combination of everything Republicans hate, and they use her with some success for turnout.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2581 on: August 09, 2022, 08:50:04 PM »

The red wave is still coming, judging by this special election. The Kansas abortion referendum was an anomaly.

Anomaly? My guy it was a statewide referendum on abortion, not a partisan election.

Yes, but it seems Democrats have failed to turn the election into a referendum on Dobbs, which is the only way they stand a chance in hell at damage control. I might switch to independent, I'm done with this party.

You should have been Ettinger’s campaign manager then.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2582 on: August 09, 2022, 08:50:22 PM »

I want to emphasize that Samuels is not a particularly strong candidate. The one thing he has going for him is he has a bit of a following on the Northside and amongst the African-American community (not the African immigrant community which is completely different and based in a completely different geographic location.)
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2583 on: August 09, 2022, 08:50:39 PM »

Kleefisch is winning rural Menominee County lol.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2584 on: August 09, 2022, 08:51:10 PM »

Genuine question, what the actual hell is wrong with you? That is not a rhetorical question. I am genuinely curious.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #2585 on: August 09, 2022, 08:51:24 PM »

Before the polls close in MN I will make my longshot prediction of the night, MN-05(D) will be within single digits.  Turnout is reportedly way down in Minneapolis but the areas that are the best are where the "defund the police"  referendum did the worst last year.  Omar supported the referendum, her main challenger Samuels was a leader of the opposition.  Omar still wins but it's close.

I don't want to brag but I'm so rarely right....
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2586 on: August 09, 2022, 08:52:50 PM »

Dude we have got to help Omar properly campaign lol. These primaries should be layups as an incumbent with pretty high establishment support
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2587 on: August 09, 2022, 08:52:59 PM »

Genuine question, what the actual hell is wrong with you? That is not a rhetorical question. I am genuinely curious.

Maybe he just wants to set the bar so low he'll be pleasantly surprised when the Dems don't do as bad.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2588 on: August 09, 2022, 08:53:10 PM »

Have the Republicans in the WOW counties gone full MAGA or have all the reasonable ones left the party? Kleefisch should be doing much much better in them.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2589 on: August 09, 2022, 08:53:12 PM »

Sounds like someone who would benefit from joining an intramural league or seeing sunlight.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2590 on: August 09, 2022, 08:53:31 PM »

Calling MN-1 D for Ettinger!
Calling MN-4 D for McCollum!
Calling MN-8 D for Schultz!
Calling MN-8 R for Stauber!
Calling MN-GOV D for Walz!
Calling MN-GOV R for Jensen!
Calling MN-AG D for Ellison!
Calling MN-SOS D for Simon!
Calling MN-SOS R for Crockett!

Uncalled:

VT-SEN R
VT-AL R
VT-LT GOV D
VT-SOS D
CT-4 R
MN-1 R
MN-4 R
MN-5 D
MN-5 R
MN-7 D
MN-AG R
WI
KS-Treasurer R
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2591 on: August 09, 2022, 08:54:55 PM »

Have the Republicans in the WOW counties gone full MAGA or have all the reasonable ones left the party? Kleefisch should be doing much much better in them.

The WI-GOP are one of the more insane state franchises.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2592 on: August 09, 2022, 08:55:31 PM »

Feel like it's a bit of a stereotype of WOW that they're full of these moderate suburban establishment Republicans. They're culturally much more different than other suburbs, especially the more exurban parts. Most of Dems gains have been from spillover of Milwaukee's influence.
JM1295
Rookie
United States
« Reply #2593 on: August 09, 2022, 08:55:43 PM »

Omar probably narrowly holds on, but she's just barely surviving without AIPAC spending at all here. This is indicative of a larger problem with Omar, given how Tlaib and Bush got 65-70% in their respective primaries and AOC isn't even facing a primary challenge this cycle. She also won with less than 60% in 2020 primary too and notoriously underperformed in the general election by a wide margin, while Tlaib performed a point better than Biden in her district.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2594 on: August 09, 2022, 08:56:17 PM »

Dems actually may have a small chance of beating R turnout in WI based upon the results in so far, which would be quite an upset, especially given the lack of competative primaries on the D side.

Tbf, in some of these relatively populous SE Counties such as Kenosha a disproportionately share of the vote in seems to be for Rs so idk how universally true it is. We shall see.

I mean, Republicans have already taken the lead by ~10k votes in most of these races, but you’re free to wait and see, sure.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #2595 on: August 09, 2022, 08:56:31 PM »

Klarides losing in Connecticut. Nolan losing in Vermont. Kleefisch losing in Wisconsin. WHY WOULD DEMOCRATS DO THIS?Huh?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2596 on: August 09, 2022, 08:57:18 PM »

Klarides losing in Connecticut. Nolan losing in Vermont. Kleefisch losing in Wisconsin. WHY WOULD DEMOCRATS DO THIS?Huh?
Dark Brandon works in mysterious ways Smiley
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2597 on: August 09, 2022, 08:57:31 PM »

I mean, Republicans have already taken the lead by ~10k votes in most of these races, but you’re free to wait and see, sure.

Right now if I had to guess Rs ultimately win the primary vote but Dems hold it pretty close which is still solid from them considering.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2598 on: August 09, 2022, 08:57:41 PM »

Calling WI-SEN D for Barnes!
Calling WI-SEN R for Johnson!