Would you vote for a party with this platform?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:53:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Would you vote for a party with this platform?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Would you vote for this party with the platform below?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Would you vote for a party with this platform?  (Read 1801 times)
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 24, 2021, 10:18:09 PM »
« edited: November 25, 2021, 07:36:40 PM by masterofawesome »

-Increase Wall Street regulations
-Free community college
-Medicare for All
-Pro-border wall, encourage legal immigration through entry points
-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list)
-Look for wasteful spending in the whole of government, and either cut that spending or move it somewhere else
-Do the same thing with regulations, looking for unneeded regulations, but not be afraid to add regulations if needed
-Be aggressive in fighting climate change
-Free trade deals that can lead to equal trade between two countries, try to end the trade deficit as best as possible
-Figure out a way to start paying down our national debt
-Mandatory Voter ID, universal and free
-Renegotiate the Paris deal to make countries like China and India commit to faster emissions cuts
-Increase corporate taxes and/or close current loopholes
-Increase taxes on those making more than $1 million/year
-Decrease taxes for those in the lower class and maybe the middle class
-Figure out ways to speed up the process to vet refugees to let more in
-Legalize marijuana
-No regulations on cryptocurrency
-Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons)
-Police reform (mandatory bodycams, ban on no-knock warrants, ban on chokeholds, increase training)
-Break up monopolies and bring new antitrust action
-Oppose COVID-19 vaccine mandates
-Ban all lobbying
-Try to make NATO countries pay their required 2% of GDP on the military, or look at actions to put pressure to make them do so
-Repeal the Patriot Act
-Outlaw eminent domain

EDIT: stating the voter ID would be free and universal
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 10:24:04 PM »

Probably. I'd be skeptical of the border wall thing though, especially if they're also anti-waste and pro-refugee. Seems hard to square all those.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 10:28:02 PM »

Probably. I'd be skeptical of the border wall thing though, especially if they're also anti-waste and pro-refugee. Seems hard to square all those.

The border wall idea would be to reduce drug trafficking into the US, while also at the same time being able to process immigrants easier and hopefully quicker.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 10:32:12 PM »

Maybe
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 10:46:22 PM »

-Free community college
-Medicare for All
-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list)
-Look for wasteful spending in the whole of government, and either cut that spending or move it somewhere else
-Do the same thing with regulations, looking for unneeded regulations, but not be afraid to add regulations if needed
-Free trade deals that can lead to equal trade between two countries, try to end the trade deficit as best as possible
-Legalize marijuana
-Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons)
-Police reform (mandatory bodycams, ban on no-knock warrants, ban on chokeholds, increase training)

Presuming they can deliver on those planks at least as well as our current parties, yes. (Also presuming they are not an evil cult that comes with "bonuses" like "kill hundreds of thousands because our leader is insane".) An aggressive response to climate change all by itself would make them better than the Democrats.

The only part of the platform I have a serious reservations about is the "no regulations on cryptocurrency". Whatever it's possibilities, I believe that cryptocurrency is nothing but a vehicle for crime - mostly novel versions of fraud, although it obviously enables other crimes, too.
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 11:07:00 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2021, 11:15:04 AM by Buffalo Mayor Young Kim »

So other than the border wall and something about cryptocurrency, you’re just describing the Democrats

EDIT: And then after I posted this you added a bunch of right wing crazy ideas for ‘balance’

This is a great example of the issues with the American electorate, when given the choice between normal government and pants on head crazy, a substantial portion of people just decide to split the difference out of egoism.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 02:30:21 AM »

What does "ban all lobbying" even mean? Because lobbying just means communicating with a public official to influence legislation. If a group of cancer survivors urge their representative to pass legislation to increase funding for cancer research, that's lobbying.

What I assume you're thinking of here is having some Exxon executive meeting with a Texas Senator and urging him to support oil subsidies with an implication of financial compensation for that Senator.

There are much better ways to address that problem than something as broad and ridiculous as "ban all lobbying".

This is completely ridiculous. If anything, crypto needs to be banned.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 03:05:01 AM »

What does "ban all lobbying" even mean? Because lobbying just means communicating with a public official to influence legislation. If a group of cancer survivors urge their representative to pass legislation to increase funding for cancer research, that's lobbying.

What I assume you're thinking of here is having some Exxon executive meeting with a Texas Senator and urging him to support oil subsidies with an implication of financial compensation for that Senator.

There are much better ways to address that problem than something as broad and ridiculous as "ban all lobbying".

This is completely ridiculous. If anything, crypto needs to be banned.

I'd personally take the compromise here given I strongly agree with most of the rest of the platform.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 03:24:16 AM »

Most likely yes.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 04:22:21 AM »

This would be an absolute mess and basically cause the state to not function properly. No way just because of this alone.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2021, 04:28:13 AM »

Looks good to me Mr President.
Hollywood
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 05:25:08 AM »

No.  The platform is a hodgepodge of contrary ideals that don't comport with some of the actions that you'd like the government to perform.  How do you tackle climate change infrastructure and the border situation without eminent domain?  How are you going to deal with claims of environmental racism that are sure to arise when we need to explore and mine for precious metals that are becoming increasingly expensive to import?  You want no regulations on cryptocurrency even though mining for it is a massive waste of energy resources, and the intrinsic value of multiple cryptocurrencies is based on the confidence of new people continuing to pay higher and higher amounts for it even though it's pretty obvious that investor capital is going to hit a wall?   

Do we even need free community college if there isn't a change in the curriculum that completely eliminates BS liberal arts course that are replaced with some practical math, science, and engineering courses?  There's too much money being spent on BS degrees.  If you want to become a teacher, you better take 4 computer and technology courses.  That's a requirement.  You can do a whole class teaching students how batteries, solar panels, wind turbines, nuclear energy, and natural gas work, and then have students work in teams to build solar panels with a battery, energy converter, and critical load panel that connects to an appliance.  Now you have a trained workforce with knowledge and skill of green technology, and they can work on knew ideas to improve on it.  They learn about the infrastructure needed to power the country when solar and wind go down, and the different varieties of nuclear energy technology that can make fusion or fission of materials other than uranium one of greenest options with an unlimited amount of energy potential. 

See how the idea comes full circle?  People actually learn something that's useful and necessary for you to make you plans a reality. 
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 05:53:07 AM »

-Free community college
-Medicare for All
-Pro-border wall,
encourage legal immigration through entry points
-Mandatory Voter ID

-Renegotiate the Paris deal to make countries like China and India commit to faster emissions cuts
-Legalize marijuana
-Ban all lobbying
-Try to make NATO countries pay their required 2% of GDP on the military, or look at actions to put pressure to make them do so
-Repeal the Patriot Act
-Outlaw eminent domain

My thoughts on these by color
Approve - Major Priorities
Approve
Tilt Approve
More clarification needed, neutral, or undecided
Don't Approve
Strongly Disapprove

So, I think I would probably vote for a party with this platform, depending on the opposition. However, I am skeptical that a party with this platform could so greatly expand the social safety net/welfare and cut the deficit and debt down.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 07:34:38 AM »

-Increase Wall Street regulations Yes
-Free community college Yes
-Medicare for All Yes
-Pro-border wall, encourage legal immigration through entry points I can live with that, but would never make a border wall a priority
-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list) Absolutely not. I am firmly against regular citizens carrying firearms, period.
-Look for wasteful spending in the whole of government, and either cut that spending or move it somewhere else I can't imagine any person on earth being opposed to removing or redirecting "wasteful spending", the problem lies in identifying what exactly constitutes wasteful spending.
-Do the same thing with regulations, looking for unneeded regulations, but not be afraid to add regulations if needed Just as void of meaning as the above
-Be aggressive in fighting climate change Yes
-Free trade deals that can lead to equal trade between two countries, try to end the trade deficit as best as possible Another pretty meaningless statement. I am definitely in favour of free but regulated trade between nations
-Figure out a way to start paying down our national debt The debt does not need to actually go down, but it shouldn't spiral out of control either. If a debt goalpost is set it should be as a percentage of GDP and not in absolute amounts. But I agree in the sense that currently the US is not taxing enough to finance its expenditures. I MUCH prefer increasing taxes to cutting expenses though
-Mandatory Voter ID ONLY if that voter ID is issued universally and free. It should not function as de facto voter suppression.
-Renegotiate the Paris deal to make countries like China and India commit to faster emissions cuts China, yes. Not so sure about India. The climate problem is primarily an issue that the western world needs to fix as we are the ones who created it in the first place.
-Increase corporate taxes and/or close current loopholes Yes
-Increase taxes on those making more than $1 million/year Yes, but income taxes should be increased in general, not only for the top income earners.
-Decrease taxes for those in the lower class and maybe the middle class Nope. Current tax rates are way too small to fund the actual expenditures of the US. Better to help the poor via stronger welfare programs
-Figure out ways to speed up the process to vet refugees to let more in To a certain extent, yes.
-Legalize marijuana Eh...it's probably decent policy at this point. Not an issue I care much about either way
-No regulations on cryptocurrency Quite the contrary. We should work towards banning crypto altogether. It is a systemic risk to our financial system. It is heavily used for illegal transactions and the climate impact is ridiculously enormous. There's really nothing good whatsoever about it.
-Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons) Yes
-Police reform (mandatory bodycams, ban on no-knock warrants, ban on chokeholds, increase training) Yes
-Break up monopolies and bring new antitrust action Yes
-Oppose COVID-19 vaccine mandates Hell no. This is insane.
-Ban all lobbying At least regulate lobbying heavily and do massive campaign finance reform.
-Try to make NATO countries pay their required 2% of GDP on the military, or look at actions to put pressure to make them do so Hell no. NATO is RIDICULOUSLY strong militarily compared to everyone else. The US should just limit its own military spending and use that money more wisely. Even at half strength NATO would still overpower everyone else several times over.
-Repeal the Patriot Act Yes
-Outlaw eminent domain Hell no. Land ultimately belongs to the people collectively, which are represented by the state. Individual ownership of land should be considered to be within limits.

So overall a bunch of good ideas, but also a bunch of ideas of the edgy "young libertarian" type that I cannot get behind.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2021, 11:31:24 AM »

-Increase Wall Street regulations Yes
-Free community college Yes
-Medicare for All Yes
-Pro-border wall, encourage legal immigration through entry points I can live with that, but would never make a border wall a priority
-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list) Absolutely not. I am firmly against regular citizens carrying firearms, period.
-Look for wasteful spending in the whole of government, and either cut that spending or move it somewhere else I can't imagine any person on earth being opposed to removing or redirecting "wasteful spending", the problem lies in identifying what exactly constitutes wasteful spending.
-Do the same thing with regulations, looking for unneeded regulations, but not be afraid to add regulations if needed Just as void of meaning as the above
-Be aggressive in fighting climate change Yes
-Free trade deals that can lead to equal trade between two countries, try to end the trade deficit as best as possible Another pretty meaningless statement. I am definitely in favour of free but regulated trade between nations
-Figure out a way to start paying down our national debt The debt does not need to actually go down, but it shouldn't spiral out of control either. If a debt goalpost is set it should be as a percentage of GDP and not in absolute amounts. But I agree in the sense that currently the US is not taxing enough to finance its expenditures. I MUCH prefer increasing taxes to cutting expenses though
-Mandatory Voter ID ONLY if that voter ID is issued universally and free. It should not function as de facto voter suppression.
-Renegotiate the Paris deal to make countries like China and India commit to faster emissions cuts China, yes. Not so sure about India. The climate problem is primarily an issue that the western world needs to fix as we are the ones who created it in the first place.
-Increase corporate taxes and/or close current loopholes Yes
-Increase taxes on those making more than $1 million/year Yes, but income taxes should be increased in general, not only for the top income earners.
-Decrease taxes for those in the lower class and maybe the middle class Nope. Current tax rates are way too small to fund the actual expenditures of the US. Better to help the poor via stronger welfare programs
-Figure out ways to speed up the process to vet refugees to let more in To a certain extent, yes.
-Legalize marijuana Eh...it's probably decent policy at this point. Not an issue I care much about either way
-No regulations on cryptocurrency Quite the contrary. We should work towards banning crypto altogether. It is a systemic risk to our financial system. It is heavily used for illegal transactions and the climate impact is ridiculously enormous. There's really nothing good whatsoever about it.
-Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons) Yes
-Police reform (mandatory bodycams, ban on no-knock warrants, ban on chokeholds, increase training) Yes
-Break up monopolies and bring new antitrust action Yes
-Oppose COVID-19 vaccine mandates Hell no. This is insane.
-Ban all lobbying At least regulate lobbying heavily and do massive campaign finance reform.
-Try to make NATO countries pay their required 2% of GDP on the military, or look at actions to put pressure to make them do so Hell no. NATO is RIDICULOUSLY strong militarily compared to everyone else. The US should just limit its own military spending and use that money more wisely. Even at half strength NATO would still overpower everyone else several times over.
-Repeal the Patriot Act Yes
-Outlaw eminent domain Hell no. Land ultimately belongs to the people collectively, which are represented by the state. Individual ownership of land should be considered to be within limits.

So overall a bunch of good ideas, but also a bunch of ideas of the edgy "young libertarian" type that I cannot get behind.

1. We can't agree on guns simple as that
2. Wasteful spending I agree would have to make criteria for it. That would be better than the current Republican Party look that everything is wasteful spending other than the military budget.
3. Regulations are also the same thing, I was thinking maybe make a public committee to look at these regulations and have people that support it and oppose it speak. Also, make public comments easier to do and promote them more instead of just sticking them in the Federal Register.
4. Yes, the voter ID would be universal and free, as it should be.
5. I support lowering taxes for the lower and maybe the middle class because they are already bogged down in having to have multiple jobs to live. We have already seen with BBB that wealthy individuals let alone corporation taxes going up can expand the social net.
6. You can never ban crypto, not even China can successfully do it. Businesses are already accepting Bitcoin and slowly Ethereum. We need to adapt, try to stop crime with it but as far as I know no one has been able to track a crypto transaction, part of the attraction to it by some.
7. Opposing COVID-19 vaccine mandates would not be any official law by the state government or federal government or from an agency like OSHA. It will be left up to businesses and school districts to decide though on their own.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 12:08:29 PM »

-Free community college
-Medicare for All

Looks good to me so far.

Eh, I'd really need to see the specifics of such a policy proposal. I'm opposed to a border wall as an inefficient waste of taxpayer dollars, and though legal immigration is obviously superior to illegal immigration, I'd still like to see a reduction in immigration overall.

I'm undecided on background checks (lean towards opposing), but the no-fly list is some authoritarian nonsense. If someone is a proven terrorist threat, they should be in a jail cell. Otherwise, they are entitled to the same civil liberties as anyone else.

Pretty vague, but I do support all these in general.

There are other ways to end the deficit than through FTAs which will almost certainly exacerbate the problem.

By what means?

I don't really think this is a federal concern tbh.

How will you go about doing that? The Paris accords are awful specifically because they include no enforcement provision. China and India's enormous increase in fossil fuel production is a consequence of their rapid industrialization which was necessitated by the advance of globalization and the world market further complicated by outsourcing the the granting of MFN status.

Support.

I really think this is a case by case basis sort of thing.

Support.

If such a law is enacted (or, rather, a lack thereof), it will look painfully tone deaf in a short time to come, if not already.

Mostly good, though I'm not sure merely "increased training" will lead to a noticeable decrease in policy brutality. It's more often than not the culture of police academies that's the problem, not the length of training.

-Ban all lobbying

Support, though I'd qualify the last point with only a ban on corporate lobbying.

Honestly let's just abolish NATO.

Yes.

Lolno. This is literally unconstitutional.

All in all there are definitely some policies in here I support, and compared with the current day platform of either the Republicans or the Democrats it's a massive step up, though it still leaves much to be desired. I think I'd need to see more specifics on some of the proposals before I definitively commit myself either way.
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 12:08:48 PM »

Depends on what the opponent is, but I wouldn’t want to
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 01:15:37 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2021, 01:20:01 PM by JD Vance for Senate »

-Free community college
-Medicare for All (I'd prefer a mix of private/public like the Singapore or UK models but I'd accept M4A).
-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list) (Not a supporter of gun control in general except for red flag laws, but I'd accept this as a compromise measure).
-Be aggressive in fighting climate change (As long as it doesn't kill jobs and it allows people to keep their oil, gas & coal jobs at least until we transition to renewable fuels and it doesn't leave to climate lockdowns/other authoritarian measures meant to get in the way of freedom).
-Mandatory Voter ID
-Increase corporate taxes and/or close current loopholes (I don't think raising corporate taxes is the best idea but definitely close loopholes).
-Decrease taxes for those in the lower class and maybe the middle class (Once the budget is balanced and the deficit is eliminated)
-Legalize marijuana (Decriminalize)
-Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons) (Abolish the death penalty as well)

-Ban all lobbying
-Try to make NATO countries pay their required 2% of GDP on the military, or look at actions to put pressure to make them do so (Leave NATO)
-Repeal the Patriot Act
-Outlaw eminent domain

Approve
Disapprove

I think I'd vote for this overall but I don't agree with everything in it.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 01:27:49 PM »

thats too much reading
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2021, 05:34:31 PM »

-Free community college
-Medicare for All (I'd prefer a mix of private/public like the Singapore or UK models but I'd accept M4A).
-Generally, Pro-Second Amendment (universal background checks, ban people on the no-fly list) (Not a supporter of gun control in general except for red flag laws, but I'd accept this as a compromise measure).
-Be aggressive in fighting climate change (As long as it doesn't kill jobs and it allows people to keep their oil, gas & coal jobs at least until we transition to renewable fuels and it doesn't leave to climate lockdowns/other authoritarian measures meant to get in the way of freedom).
-Mandatory Voter ID
-Increase corporate taxes and/or close current loopholes (I don't think raising corporate taxes is the best idea but definitely close loopholes).
-Decrease taxes for those in the lower class and maybe the middle class (Once the budget is balanced and the deficit is eliminated)
-Legalize marijuana (Decriminalize)
-Criminal justice reform (No three-strike laws, shift focus to rehabilitation, ban private prisons) (Abolish the death penalty as well)

-Ban all lobbying
-Try to make NATO countries pay their required 2% of GDP on the military, or look at actions to put pressure to make them do so (Leave NATO)
-Repeal the Patriot Act
-Outlaw eminent domain

Approve
Disapprove

I think I'd vote for this overall but I don't agree with everything in it.

Very nice to look at the support!
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2021, 06:47:43 PM »

No, definitely not. It feels like you just took a list of progressive policies and added random right wing ones that don’t make sense. It is impossible to dramatically increase welfare spending while also cutting taxes on the lower and middle class and aggressively paying down the national debt. Way too far right on immigration and cryptocurrency as well.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2021, 07:06:58 PM »

No, definitely not. It feels like you just took a list of progressive policies and added random right wing ones that don’t make sense. It is impossible to dramatically increase welfare spending while also cutting taxes on the lower and middle class and aggressively paying down the national debt. Way too far right on immigration and cryptocurrency as well.

I think the original BBB plan that raised but kept corporate taxes below pre-Trump tax cut levels while keeping some loopholes available and not raising taxes on individuals making over $400,000 can should the expansion the social safety net can have without touching or even lowering lower class tax rates.

No one can regulate cryptocurrency efficiently, not even China. Some businesses are already accepting Bitcoin. Both Democrat and Republican elected officials are taking paychecks in Bitcoin. (ex. Eric Adams and Francis X. Suarez) Crypto is going to be here to stay for a long time, and I think no one has been able to track crypto payments by just looking at transaction history.

Immigration is wanting to be able to both lower drug trafficking while also processing and allowing immigrants to come in faster through entry points with the border wall, and encourage legal immigration with it. It would also allow for quicker vetting to allow more refugees into the country. I don't see the "right-wing" line in this.
WV222
masterofawesome

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2021, 12:42:40 PM »

-Free community college
-Medicare for All

Looks good to me so far.

Eh, I'd really need to see the specifics of such a policy proposal. I'm opposed to a border wall as an inefficient waste of taxpayer dollars, and though legal immigration is obviously superior to illegal immigration, I'd still like to see a reduction in immigration overall.

I'm undecided on background checks (lean towards opposing), but the no-fly list is some authoritarian nonsense. If someone is a proven terrorist threat, they should be in a jail cell. Otherwise, they are entitled to the same civil liberties as anyone else.

Pretty vague, but I do support all these in general.

There are other ways to end the deficit than through FTAs which will almost certainly exacerbate the problem.

By what means?

I don't really think this is a federal concern tbh.

How will you go about doing that? The Paris accords are awful specifically because they include no enforcement provision. China and India's enormous increase in fossil fuel production is a consequence of their rapid industrialization which was necessitated by the advance of globalization and the world market further complicated by outsourcing the the granting of MFN status.

Support.

I really think this is a case by case basis sort of thing.

Support.

If such a law is enacted (or, rather, a lack thereof), it will look painfully tone deaf in a short time to come, if not already.

Mostly good, though I'm not sure merely "increased training" will lead to a noticeable decrease in policy brutality. It's more often than not the culture of police academies that's the problem, not the length of training.

-Ban all lobbying

Support, though I'd qualify the last point with only a ban on corporate lobbying.

Honestly let's just abolish NATO.

Yes.

Lolno. This is literally unconstitutional.

All in all there are definitely some policies in here I support, and compared with the current day platform of either the Republicans or the Democrats it's a massive step up, though it still leaves much to be desired. I think I'd need to see more specifics on some of the proposals before I definitively commit myself either way.

1. The border wall would be to process immigrants easier and quicker, as well as try to stop drug trafficking.

2. The renegotiation of the Paris deal would be a way to put pressure on China and India if they fail to cut emissions in a shorter timeline they commit to.

3. The refugees would sit be let in on a case-by-case basis, by it would be figuring out ways to make that process quicker.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2021, 10:38:09 PM »

Absolutely not, but congratulations on putting together one of the worst policy collections I've ever seen.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2021, 06:17:06 AM »

So other than the border wall and something about cryptocurrency, you’re just describing the Democrats

EDIT: And then after I posted this you added a bunch of right wing crazy ideas for ‘balance’

This is a great example of the issues with the American electorate, when given the choice between normal government and pants on head crazy, a substantial portion of people just decide to split the difference out of egoism.

Also known as Manchin Syndrome.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies