Do the men or the women you know travel more?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:58:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Do the men or the women you know travel more?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do the men or the women you know travel more?
Women

Men

Hard to tell, it's probably the same for both

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Do the men or the women you know travel more?  (Read 418 times)
WindowPhil
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2021, 07:09:05 AM »

In my experience, the women I know are more likely to travel than the men, and this is true in various ways.

* Study abroad (seems like there's 95 women to every 5 men who study abroad in general no matter the group, but this still holds true)

* Moving out of state (More of of my aunts and female cousins have moved out of Minnesota to various places, in comparison to my uncles and male cousins.)

* Vacation (Most men I know seem to take more local vacations. IE  hunting and fishing either in Minnesota or neighboring states. Whereas women I know tend to travel across the country or internationally.)

Why do men seem to travel less than women? Is it something cultural, or do I just live in a weird bubble?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 08:28:05 AM »

In my experience, the women I know are more likely to travel than the men, and this is true in various ways.

* Study abroad (seems like there's 95 women to every 5 men who study abroad in general no matter the group, but this still holds true)

* Moving out of state (More of of my aunts and female cousins have moved out of Minnesota to various places, in comparison to my uncles and male cousins.)

* Vacation (Most men I know seem to take more local vacations. IE  hunting and fishing either in Minnesota or neighboring states. Whereas women I know tend to travel across the country or internationally.)

Why do men seem to travel less than women? Is it something cultural, or do I just live in a weird bubble?
I tend to notice that too. I have often been the only male member sometimes.
WindowPhil
United States
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 09:11:54 AM »

Do you think it's harder for men to travel?

(Whether because it's harder to take time off and there being more of an expectation to work, no male equivalent to the "strong independent women" and thus more guys trapped in family drama, or other reasons)

Or do you think as many men as women could if they wanted, they just choose not to?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 12:37:14 PM »

Do you think it's harder for men to travel?

(Whether because it's harder to take time off and there being more of an expectation to work, no male equivalent to the "strong independent women" and thus more guys trapped in family drama, or other reasons)

Or do you think as many men as women could if they wanted, they just choose not to?
A combination of these. Also, many men are less interested.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 12:48:29 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2021, 01:32:21 PM by Santander »

Unfortunately, I've been trying to put this user (actually, both of these terrible users) on ignore for months, but I have no room on my ignore list.

Men travel way more than women. Look at the demographics of frequent flyers when you board the plane at the airport - 80%+ men. I travel extensively for work and literally work with 0 women. (or minorities, but that's another matter)

And study abroad is not f**king 95% women, lol. The vast majority of academic activities are nowhere near 95% women. Not even nursing classes are 95% women.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 03:46:25 PM »

What are you, the bronz of gender issues?
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2021, 08:40:36 PM »

Unfortunately, I've been trying to put this user (actually, both of these terrible users) on ignore for months, but I have no room on my ignore list.

Men travel way more than women. Look at the demographics of frequent flyers when you board the plane at the airport - 80%+ men. I travel extensively for work and literally work with 0 women. (or minorities, but that's another matter)

And study abroad is not f**king 95% women, lol. The vast majority of academic activities are nowhere near 95% women. Not even nursing classes are 95% women.
Business travel is mostly dudes though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies