PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:27:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 329806 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: August 13, 2007, 07:21:06 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Really?  Seems you guys decided to give up on PA 13.  I think Taubenberger would be a better choice, but who am I to say.

While I don't want any real resources committed to the 13th unless Schwartz was to get into major trouble, letting Raj back is a disgrace. If Taubenberger runs for Congress again and it's an Al vs. Raj primary, I'm all for Al. The very least we deserve here is a respectable candidate.

Yeah if you guys nominated that joke, your party would look even worse.  I would be pissed if I were a Republican and he was the nominee.  It would be like Cynthia McKinney running in PA 13 as a Dem.  Well, not that bad, but still I'd be pissed.  Raj seems to have made headway with younger women though! Tongue Means little. 

Yeah, well, the stories about him and the younger women don't help him that much. Roll Eyes   Senior citizens in the district probably saw the guy as this young guy with this young campaign team running just for fun. That's probably a main reason why he couldn't reach 40% against Schwartz.

And that's what I saw it as.  A Taubenberger would add an element of seriousness to the GOP nominee and crack 40% in a normal year.  The elephant thing in Texas/Mexico was just a bad joke and likely did him in.  It seemed like he was all over the place.  He would have done well to stick with "Save the Northeast."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1426 on: August 13, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Really?  Seems you guys decided to give up on PA 13.  I think Taubenberger would be a better choice, but who am I to say.

While I don't want any real resources committed to the 13th unless Schwartz was to get into major trouble, letting Raj back is a disgrace. If Taubenberger runs for Congress again and it's an Al vs. Raj primary, I'm all for Al. The very least we deserve here is a respectable candidate.

Yeah if you guys nominated that joke, your party would look even worse.  I would be pissed if I were a Republican and he was the nominee.  It would be like Cynthia McKinney running in PA 13 as a Dem.  Well, not that bad, but still I'd be pissed.  Raj seems to have made headway with younger women though! Tongue Means little. 

Yeah, well, the stories about him and the younger women don't help him that much. Roll Eyes   Senior citizens in the district probably saw the guy as this young guy with this young campaign team running just for fun. That's probably a main reason why he couldn't reach 40% against Schwartz.

And that's what I saw it as.  A Taubenberger would add an element of seriousness to the GOP nominee and crack 40% in a normal year.  The elephant thing in Texas/Mexico was just a bad joke and likely did him in.  It seemed like he was all over the place.  He would have done well to stick with "Save the Northeast."

The elephant stunt was bad but he was perceived as a joke before that. Remember the DUI and bar stories?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1427 on: August 13, 2007, 09:09:44 PM »

The elephant stunt was bad but he was perceived as a joke before that. Remember the DUI and bar stories?

Again, you guys should have had better.  I mean a woman who used to run an abortion clinic winning 69% in the Northeast Philly portion goes to show you how bad he truly was.  Not even Bob Borski got those numbers and he had more liberal areas.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1428 on: August 13, 2007, 09:11:01 PM »

Again, you guys should have had better.  I mean a woman who used to run an abortion clinic winning 69% in the Northeast Philly portion goes to show you how bad he truly was.  Not even Bob Borski got those numbers and he had more liberal areas.

We should at least force her to spend some money, instead of helping her with a huge Senate war chest (though we do want her as the nominee  Wink  ).
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1429 on: August 13, 2007, 09:15:45 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2007, 09:49:56 PM by ICE HOCKEY »

We should at least force her to spend some money, instead of helping her with a huge Senate war chest (though we do want her as the nominee  Wink  ).

If the GOP nominee is not Specter then yeah I want her too!  (Not in a Cougar way of course.)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #1430 on: August 16, 2007, 12:39:02 PM »

How about Ellen Bard?  She could probably at least get in the low 40s.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1431 on: August 16, 2007, 03:19:39 PM »

Yet another situation where I wouldn't vote for the GOP nominee...

And, no, she won't run. She and Ally are basically the same. 2004 would have been the weirdest election if she was the nominee against Schwartz.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1432 on: August 17, 2007, 06:10:26 PM »

She would actually have my vote over Bob Casey in a theoretical Senate race.  But Allyson's doing a good job.  No need to switch or primary her.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #1433 on: August 17, 2007, 09:23:04 PM »

She would actually have my vote over Bob Casey in a theoretical Senate race.  But Allyson's doing a good job.  No need to switch or primary her.

She's still a Republican (as far as I know).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1434 on: August 19, 2007, 03:28:16 PM »

She's still a Republican (as far as I know).

Yeah...I don't know what Flyers is talking about.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1435 on: September 05, 2007, 09:31:56 PM »

THIS IS THE THREAD THAT DOESN'T END. AND IT GOES ON AND ON MY FRIENDS.  SOME PEOPLE STARTED SINGING IT NOT KNOWING WHAT IS WAS. LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1436 on: January 16, 2008, 07:08:15 PM »

Smiley

Don't worry. There isn't much to this race but we did get some interesting news today - Schwartz may get primary from anti war activists -  http://www.northeasttimes.com/index.html

Schwartz isn't "Pro war" but I guess she isn't doing enough for some to end the war. She'd easily beat whoever they run. The woman has millions. It would be fun to watch though. As for this Marina Kats, she thought about running last time but never officially jumped into the race. The poor woman probably would get to about 30% against Schwartz in the General in a Presidential election year.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1437 on: January 16, 2008, 07:39:05 PM »

How has PA 13 managed to warrant a discussion running into its 96th page?

Dave
MarkWarner08
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1438 on: January 16, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »

Smiley

Don't worry. There isn't much to this race but we did get some interesting news today - Schwartz may get primary from anti war activists -  http://www.northeasttimes.com/index.html

Schwartz isn't "Pro war" but I guess she isn't doing enough for some to end the war. She'd easily beat whoever they run. The woman has millions. It would be fun to watch though. As for this Marina Kats, she thought about running last time but never officially jumped into the race. The poor woman probably would get to about 30% against Schwartz in the General in a Presidential election year.
Would the GOP nominate her?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1439 on: January 16, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »

Smiley

Would the GOP nominate her?

We don't have anyone else so...

Dave

We're passionate about our politics and have some very interesting races.  Smiley
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1440 on: January 16, 2008, 08:34:35 PM »

Dave

We're passionate about our politics and have some very interesting races.  Smiley

I'll drink to that Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1441 on: January 17, 2008, 08:08:56 PM »

I think PA 13 could flip back in a 1994 type scenario, 5 Northeast Philly cops getting killed AND the Republican is a pro-life Giuliani type who makes a huge issue out of the 5 cops getting killed.  Yeah, that sounds about right.  Otherwise, seat stays Dem. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1442 on: January 17, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »

I think PA 13 could flip back in a 1994 type scenario, 5 Northeast Philly cops getting killed AND the Republican is a pro-life Giuliani type who makes a huge issue out of the 5 cops getting killed.  Yeah, that sounds about right.  Otherwise, seat stays Dem. 

Oh sure, it could happen but it's not likely at all.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1443 on: January 17, 2008, 09:46:57 PM »

Its surprising that as recently as 1992, the though of a Democrat winning PA-13 was absurd.  Now its a safely Democratic district.  It's all part of the Democratic trend in the metro Philadelphia area.  I expect PA-06, PA-07, and PA-08 to look the same way in ten years. 
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1444 on: January 17, 2008, 10:11:58 PM »

Maybe if Joe Hoeffel was running for election there....
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1445 on: January 17, 2008, 10:18:29 PM »

Its surprising that as recently as 1992, the though of a Democrat winning PA-13 was absurd.  Now its a safely Democratic district.  It's all part of the Democratic trend in the metro Philadelphia area.  I expect PA-06, PA-07, and PA-08 to look the same way in ten years. 

It's was quite different in 1992 because it was all Montco. Now it is split between Montco and NE Philly.

Maybe if Joe Hoeffel was running for election there....

Sadly, there could be an opening for that joke to return. After losing his Senate race, he ran for Lt. Governor for about two days and is now serving (again) as a Montgomery county Commissioner. When the seat opens up in 2010 (when Schwartz runs for the Senate), look for him to consider a run unless he is really enjoying his time as Vice Chair of the Board.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1446 on: January 17, 2008, 10:47:07 PM »

It's was quite different in 1992 because it was all Montco. Now it is split between Montco and NE Philly.

It was pretty much the same.  Maybe a point or two more Republican when it was all Montgomery.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1447 on: January 17, 2008, 10:49:20 PM »

It was pretty much the same.  Maybe a point or two more Republican when it was all Montgomery.

I don't think that's true. Do you have any numbers that we can compare?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1448 on: January 17, 2008, 11:19:09 PM »

Montgomery was probably much more Republican in 1992...
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1449 on: January 18, 2008, 06:23:24 PM »

I don't think that's true. Do you have any numbers that we can compare?

Look at the Presidential numbers in 2000 in the post 1991 PA-13 and the post 2001 PA-13.  In 2000, Gore carried the former 54%-43%, yet he carried the latter 56%-42%.  The district was made at least a point more Democratic and probably more in the 2001 redistricting. 
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies