AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 09:34:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 134186 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: October 05, 2006, 09:47:27 PM »
« edited: October 06, 2006, 01:54:53 PM by Supersoulty »

And on that note, I am expanding to the Level 3 campaign organization in Missouri and a level 2 in Arizona
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #526 on: October 06, 2006, 02:11:22 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #527 on: October 06, 2006, 04:40:07 PM »

Ad to run in SC and OK:
Voice over:  No Democrat has ever won the White House without winning at least five Southern States.  <Image of Kerry, Dukakis, Gore, etc., with maps showing how they didn't do well in the South.>  Governor John Mabus, can win in the South.  He managed to be elected governor twice twice in a deeply Southern State, Mississippi, and held high approval ratings.  He shares values that Southerners share (images of Gov. Mabus hunting, showing "hospitality" by warmly greeting people--some black--at the Governor's mansion, volunteering at a soup kitchen, etc.).
"Hi, I'm John Mabus, and if you want our values represented in Washington, make sure you cast your vote for me on February --."

How much are you spending on that?  (I can't include it until I know.)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #528 on: October 06, 2006, 05:20:26 PM »

You already have five speeches in MO, but you can swap this for an existing one there if you want.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #529 on: October 06, 2006, 05:39:30 PM »

...but before I post me speeches and so on... general campaigning...

Missouri: 100 hours
New Mexico, South Carolina: 70 hours
Oklahoma, North Dakota: 50 hours
Delaware, Arizona: 10 hours

I might add some more hours later.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #530 on: October 06, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »

You already have five speeches in MO, but you can swap this for an existing one there if you want.

Oh... I seriously thought my speech count there was only 4 before this... hmmmm... let me think
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #531 on: October 06, 2006, 05:44:18 PM »

Oh yes... adverts... (the ads themselves will be posted after the speeches)...

Missouri: 1 level three ad
New Mexico: 1 level three ad
North Dakota: 1 level three ad
Oklahoma and South Carolina: 1 level two ad, to be sceened in both (so that's actually two ads in terms of cost).

I *might* do another one later. We shall see.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #532 on: October 06, 2006, 05:47:12 PM »

* ANNOUNCEMENT *

The deadline for submitting Mini-Tuesday campaigns is this Sunday at 6pm EST.  That is (just under) 48 hours from this post.

What? But I'll be gone until Monday and I have to leave soon. I haven't posted anything yet. If this is the case I'll have to drop out. Please can you extend the deadline to at least Tuesday?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #533 on: October 06, 2006, 05:57:07 PM »

* ANNOUNCEMENT *

The deadline for submitting Mini-Tuesday campaigns is this Sunday at 6pm EST.  That is (just under) 48 hours from this post.

What? But I'll be gone until Monday and I have to leave soon. I haven't posted anything yet. If this is the case I'll have to drop out. Please can you extend the deadline to at least Tuesday?

Oh, I'm such a pushover. Tongue

Alright, the deadline is now Tuesday 12th at 6pm EST.  (I don't want to give people a reason to drop out.)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #534 on: October 06, 2006, 06:02:11 PM »

Alright, the deadline is now Tuesday 12th at 6pm EST.  (I don't want to give people a reason to drop out.)

Besides it's more authentic for the deadline to be a Tuesday.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #535 on: October 06, 2006, 06:10:44 PM »

Besides it's more authentic for the deadline to be a Tuesday.

Heh heh, I hadn't even thought of it like that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #536 on: October 06, 2006, 06:53:29 PM »

The following speech is to be give in Missouri

===

"Harry Truman is a hero of mine"

Now, a lot of you here have seen many primaries and elections and know full well that that line there (or lines similer to it) is usually a cue for a bit of macho-postering about how tough a candidate is on defense issues... not me though, because, like you, I know that above all, Truman was a fighter for ordinary working people, like you and like me.
He understood that the people wanted affordable healthcare, good jobs, good homes, freedom from exploitative employers and a safety net for those in dire need... and the great American People shocked the Establishment by voting for it.
But as you have all noticed by now, we don't have these things do we? And do you all know why?
It's because the corrupt political elite, the corporate fat cats, the snobs, the profiteers and the lobbyists conspired to kill Truman's Fair Deal in Congress. The American People voted for great, sweeping reforms that would make life better for the many and not for the few... and the Establishment cheated us out of what we voted for. The Establishment is the reason why ordinary folks like us struggle to make ends meet if we get ill, it's why labor laws are rigged to favours exploitative employers and it's why our welfare system just doesn't work. It's a scandal isn't it? But if I become President, and with your support it really is possible, then all of this will change. If I become President I will work night and day to create a national healthcare system, free at the point of use and funded by progressive taxation. If I am elected President I will change the restrictive and rigged labor laws to favour workers and not corporate fat cats. If I am elected President I will do all I can to reform the failing welfare and near-bankrupt social security systems and actually make them work for a change.
You, the people of Missouri, have a historic chance to strike a blow against the Establishment and for the memory of the great Harry S. Truman. And I hope that you take this chance up, and make those fat cats pay.

Thank You.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #537 on: October 06, 2006, 07:02:37 PM »

Speech on Organized Labor (For use in MO, OK)

I stand here before you as a supporter of labor and the worker, staunchly opposed to right-to-work laws. Right-to-work laws only hurt the workers they are intended to “free”. They have a terribly damaging effect on unions, cutting down on their power and then hurting everyone in the workplace because there is no strong counterbalance to tight-fisted business owners. Furthermore, studies have shown that workplace safety is less in right-to-work states and that wages are an average of 6.5% less than those in states without the right-to-work law. I am opposed to the right-to-work law, but I am pro worker’s rights. Pro a worker’s right to an effective union. Pro better wages. Pro a safer workplace environment. Right-to-work laws don’t help workers, they help owners. As President, I will stand firmly behind you, the working man, and do all I can to help you economically. People can talk all they want about the decline of organized labor, but the issues that we need to fight for as everyday Americans are as pertinent as ever.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #538 on: October 06, 2006, 08:08:32 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2006, 08:12:11 PM by Harry »

Ad to run in SC and OK:
Voice over:  No Democrat has ever won the White House without winning at least five Southern States.  <Image of Kerry, Dukakis, Gore, etc., with maps showing how they didn't do well in the South.>  Governor John Mabus, can win in the South.  He managed to be elected governor twice twice in a deeply Southern State, Mississippi, and held high approval ratings.  He shares values that Southerners share (images of Gov. Mabus hunting, showing "hospitality" by warmly greeting people--some black--at the Governor's mansion, volunteering at a soup kitchen, etc.).
"Hi, I'm John Mabus, and if you want our values represented in Washington, make sure you cast your vote for me on February --."

How much are you spending on that?  (I can't include it until I know.)
match the level of the state campaign
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #539 on: October 06, 2006, 09:27:39 PM »

Forgot to post a post New Hampshire speech.

I would like to thank all my supporters and volunteers. Without their hard work, there is no way that we could have achieved this positive result. And a special thank you to all the voters in New Hampshire, for having faith in me. Now it is time to keep going; we cannot rest on our laurels, we must go forward and keep on working hard. 2 states down, many more to go. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #540 on: October 06, 2006, 09:35:01 PM »

Just so you all know: post-election speeches aren't necessary.  If you want to do one that's a-ok because I'll post it in the overview thread anyway, but they don't count towards anything.  It is nice to have them, though.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #541 on: October 07, 2006, 01:13:42 PM »

Honestly folks, could you guys not find the fifteen minutes to post campaigns over the past week? This game isn't that taxing.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #542 on: October 07, 2006, 07:21:36 PM »

I guess I should attempt an ad.  By the way, you misunderstood my post.  I meant in the places that I'd mentioned.  I am not campaigning in North Dakota and Oklahoma, so don't run ads there please.  Sorry these ads are lame, but I guess I need something.

AD 1-Diplomacy

VO: As Secretary of State, Carlos Gonzalez was instrumental  in forging peace and expanding diplomany worldwide

<collage of video footage of me shaking hands with leaders, at peace confs, you know>

VO:He fought to protect families from the horrors of war by using the power of words, not guns

VO:This Tuesday, vote for Carlos Gonzalez to return to a peaceful and secure America

Ya, run that one Tongue.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #543 on: October 08, 2006, 11:21:37 PM »

Joe,

If you could, get rid of the Affirmative Action speech in Missouri, since it is the only one that is off message, and replace it with the "New Century" Speech.

Also, axe the environmental speech in New Mexico, and run the "New Century" one there as well.  Thanks.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #544 on: October 09, 2006, 01:34:28 PM »

Changes to my Delaware campaign.

Go to a Level 2 Organization, increase to a total of 30 hours of campaigning there, and run the following Level 2 Ad:
Quote from: Restricted

Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #545 on: October 09, 2006, 01:55:28 PM »

Changes to my Arixona campaign

Increase the hours spent campaigning to 120 total. Run the above ad as a Level 1 ad ($400,000).

Changes to my Missouri campaign

Increase the hours spent campaigning to 162 total. Run the above ad as a Level 1 ad ($450,000).

Changes to my New Mexico campaign

Increase the hours spent campaigning to 162 total. Run the above ad as a Level 1 ad ($150,000).
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #546 on: October 09, 2006, 02:00:17 PM »

Change to my North Dakota campaign

Establish a Level 2 Organization

Increase total campaign hours to 30.

Run both the above ad and the following ad at Level 1

Quote from: Restricted
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2006, 02:18:51 PM »

Speeches in ND, AZ, SC, OK, and MO:  Alternative Energy

Oil has tied the hands of America.  We have to either get it from sketchy foreign sources, or harm our pristine wilderness to get it.  Plus, the burning of fossil fuels is contributing to the crisis of global warming.  On top of that, the price is rising.
It's time for something new.  Under the Mabus administration, we will make a large tax credit for businesses to produce hybrid cars and for people to buy them.  We will also conduct research into biodiesel and hydrogen power cars.  The days we we ruined our planet in order to be at the mercy of foreigners will be OVER.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2006, 02:46:03 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2006, 07:23:57 PM by NE Gov Ernest »

A new speech to be given in Missouri and Oklahoma:

Secretary Bernstein came through here the other day with a speech that expressed better than I could ever hope to the contempt that the old guard of the Democratic party has for labor.  While claiming to support labor, the Secretary showed that he views workers as little more than serfs, bound to a company for life, unable to seek better opportunities elsewhere when they present themselves.  And for such wretched souls, he prescibes as the only hope for their salvation from their evil corporate taskmasters that the saintly government secure more power unto itself.  Alas, the traditional Democratic economic prescriptions tend to reinforce the stereotypes their old guard holds.  Instead of encouraging and enabling individuals to make their own arrangements for insurance and pensions, they want workers to be dependent on companies or the government for them.  The idea of self-reliance, indeed of self-ability, seems beyond their conception.

I expect the voters of this state and of this great country will have the good sense to reject Democratic paternalism this fall, but in order for that to happen the Republicans will need to select the right candidate this spring.  I believe that I am that candidate.  I do not prescribe a Democrat-lite platform.  Why should the voters select an imitation Democrat when they can have the real thing?  I do not offer a Republican paternalism of our private lives as an alternative to Democratic paternalism of the pocketbook.  Paternalism is still paternalism, regardless of whether it be colored red or blue.  I do not call for a radical abolition of government programs with no concern for the effect that will have on society.  What I call for is a government that enables each individual to achieve their full potential, and uses it powers to restrain those that would seek to harm the life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness of the American people.

(I know, it's a bit longwinded,  It boils down to "Bernstein is a Democrat.  Democrats bad.  Republicans good.  Calhoun is the Republican best able to beat the Democrats."  but puts a bit of meat on those bones to flesh them out.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2006, 03:04:15 PM »

And another new speech to be given in Delaware, New Mexico, North Dakota, and South Carolina

I expect the voters of this state and of this great country will have the good sense to reject the Democrats this fall, but in order for that to happen the Republicans will need to select the right candidate this spring.  I believe that I am that candidate.  I do not prescribe a Democrat-lite platform.  Why would the voters select an imitation Democrat when they can have the real thing?  Nor am I so radical as to alienate the political middle.  I call for a government that enables each individual to achieve their full potential, and uses it powers to restrain those that would seek to harm the life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness of the American people.  I have expressed in some detail how I intend to help this country achieve that ideal, and I will be outlining more of my agenda in the weeks to come.  But for now I ask those voters who are undecided between me and another candidate to consider for themselves who they think will have a better chance in November.  I hope that you will come to the same answer as I and vote accordingly this Tuesday.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies