AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:51:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35
Author Topic: AF Primaries: Illinois Primary (Deadline Monday 11th 6pm EST)  (Read 133907 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: October 10, 2006, 04:02:35 PM »

One hour remaining until the deadline.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #576 on: October 10, 2006, 04:48:38 PM »

A short speech to be given in New Mexico:

"To a great extent the economy of this great state is dependent on defense and research and oil and gas; as such there are areas that have boomed and have become quite wealthy. Yet much of New Mexico, in the far north and in the south, has been left behind by recent booms. If I become President I pledge to improve the poor economy of rural New Mexico, without damaging that of the boom areas; in fact I think the two areas can compliment each other quite well, after alll, an advantage of information industries is that they can operate just about everywhere."
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #577 on: October 10, 2006, 05:03:57 PM »

10 hours of general campaigning in Arizona, New Mexico, Missouri and Delaware.

5 hours everywhere else.

Run the two ads I ran in New Hampshire in all Arizona, New Mexico, Missouri, and Delaware.

I know I'm just a little late but I hope this is alright.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #578 on: October 10, 2006, 05:04:53 PM »

A short speech to be given in Missouri:

"To say that the economy of rural Missouri is depressed is to risk tragic understatement; as it's native industries decline no new jobs, no good new jobs, have come along to replace them, resulting in high unemployment and higher levels of underemployment. And as the situation gets, slowly, worse and worse, the young and the educated leave their home towns, and with them leaves much hope.
This is happening in town after town after town, yet two areas have been especially badly hit by recent economic shifts; old lead mining counties and the "bootheel". To say that the economic outlook in many communities in this areas is bleak, is to risk yet more understatement. You, people of Missouri, have a crisis on your hands.
And yet, politicians, from all parties, have done little to alieviate the pain and absolutely nothing to deal with the root causes of the crisis or to solve them in the longterm.
A radical break from the past is needed; government needs to be more pro-active in economically depressed regions. For the sake of the children, for if this goes on much long what future will they have?, economic planning and resdistribution from rich areas to the poor areas must be placed firmly back on the political agenda".
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #579 on: October 10, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »

Alright, that's the deadline.  I'll accept the last few additions because I didn't get here in time.

You can all begin posting your campaigns for Michigan and Washington if you like while I finish up the results.  There's no particular hurry though.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #580 on: October 10, 2006, 06:40:53 PM »

You can all begin posting your campaigns for Michigan and Washington if you like while I finish up the results.  There's no particular hurry though.

I don't like.  I want to see whether I need to canvass some of the other candidates for their support or if I'm going to be one of the candidates so canvassed.  I have no idea how mini-Tuesday will unfold as I await the results in Phoenix.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #581 on: October 10, 2006, 06:51:21 PM »

I don't like.  I want to see whether I need to canvass some of the other candidates for their support or if I'm going to be one of the candidates so canvassed.  I have no idea how mini-Tuesday will unfold as I await the results in Phoenix.

I figured, and I only really said that for the anxious folk who just want to post their stuff now regardless of how they did in Mini-Tuesday.  Don't worry, the results are on their way. Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #582 on: October 10, 2006, 07:28:11 PM »

Well, I think I am just gonna kick back here in St. Louis and have a beer.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #583 on: October 10, 2006, 09:33:55 PM »

485 hours of fundraising before I give this speech:

Friends, things have not turned out as I would have hoped tonight.  I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that I am not the candidate to end politics as usual, at least not this year.  I am still convinced that our party needs someone to bring a fresh perspective to the inside the beltway mentality that any party that has been in power as ours has been will have developed.  I think that the candidate best suited to do that of those still in the running is Governor Cereal of Michigan and I urge all of my supporters to back him as strongly as they have backed me.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #584 on: October 10, 2006, 09:44:30 PM »

I'm sorry to see you go, Ernest.  I have to say that you arguably tried the hardest out of everybody, and it's just unfortunate that the numbers were stacked against you.  Sad
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2006, 10:06:16 PM »

Hello everyone and thank you for coming tonight. I would like to thank all of my supporters who came out and voted for me tonight. I look at the results and I have to say it don't look good at all for me. I wish I didn't have to do what I am about to do but it looks like I am not the best guy in this race. Maybe it is because the Democrat Party is not yet ready to embrace a populist candidate like me. So therefore I think it is at the best for me to drop out of the race.

Thank you and good night
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #586 on: October 10, 2006, 10:08:40 PM »

Too bad, Josh.  You were also a fine candidate. Sad
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #587 on: October 10, 2006, 10:11:23 PM »

*I come out on stage (no podium) with huge "Soult for America" banner behind me*

Thank you.  Thank you friends.

Wow.  I have to tell you, this has been a great night, and it is you people who made it possible.

I just want to thank my great campaign staff, both those here in St. Louis and all of you who are watching all accross America.

I want to thank the votes for putting your trust in me.  You won't be disappointed.

Finally, I want to thank all the office holders who have supported me, esspecially Indiana Gov. Arage.  Thank you friend, your support won't be forgotten.

When we started this thing, I was considered a nobody.  A third tier candidate on the level of Al Sharpton or Dennis Kucinich.  Well, times sure have changed.

I have believed in this campaign from the start, but I didn't think that we were gonna get this far.  I knwo there is a lot of talk in politics that doesn't mean much, but I want to have a very honest moment with all of you.

When I started this thing, all I wanted to do was make it to Pennsylvania, so that all the people who supported me early in my life, and all of the people who help make me who I am... those who are still with us... could see me run for President.

*Pulls papers out of jacket pocket*

These are papers for a second mortgage, on both my house in Portland, and for my town house in Washington D.C.  Thanks to all your support, and esspecially Gov. Arage, I don't think I will be needing these anymore.

*tears them up*

There is still a lot of work to be done though.  There are still many miles to travel, and I hope that all of you will continue on this journey with me through the coming months and that those of you who have yet to get a look at me will see something you like in this campaign.

Now we have tonight.  But let's not forget about tomorrow.  that's the message of this campaign.  Thank you all, and lets keep moving forward.

God Bless you.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #588 on: October 10, 2006, 10:22:28 PM »

Post Election speech:

Well, we've done okay at this point-and we're going to do better.  I would like to whole-heartedly thank Mr. Ernest Calhoun for the donations of money and support.  Now I'm not going to do a "Howard Dean" scream, and ruin this.
*laughter from crowd*
But we've got what America needs to move forward.  A Cereal presidency is one with low taxes, one where the government will stay off your back.  One of the main components the Republican party needs to deliver is that of individualism and liberty.  I am the candidate to bring principles of Freedom back to America.  Some of my opponents believe that government is the solution to your problems-when it is often the source of your problems.  We need someone to stick up for the Constitutional values guaranteed to us by the founding fathers.  And I am that person.  Thank you and God bless!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #589 on: October 10, 2006, 10:58:31 PM »

Statement

We're well on our way to victory!  We now lead the delegate counts, and in 5 of the 7 states, we either won the most delegates outright, or tied for first with another candidate.  We won our first major victory in Iowa and won our second one tonight.  It's time to take this to Washington and Michigan and then to the White House!
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #590 on: October 10, 2006, 11:11:06 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2006, 11:12:52 PM by Supersoulty »

I think I'll settle on the 20-district cap.  This therefore means that the states of California, Texas, Florida and New York will be costed as if they each had only twenty congressional districts apiece.

No PA?  Sad

But I agree with your other statement.  No Democrat is gonna campaign in Orange County.  No Republican is going to campaign in San Fran... at least not in the primaries.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #591 on: October 10, 2006, 11:48:26 PM »

*News Flash*

Hello once again, I have done a lot of thinking on who to support in the race to the White House. I look at all the candidates that are left and read and reread their profiles and the whole nine yards. The one that I found out that I am closer to is Rep. Wallace, but his' views that me and him disagree are some of the views I believe in whole-heartedly, so I can't support him. Then after him there were two candidates I wanted to support, Gov. John Mabus and Rep. Chris Soult. One is a Democrat is one is a Republican and at first I just jumped to pick Gov. Mabus because is the Democrat, but then I stop and thought how I believed again. I myself am "Dempublican" Smiley or a "Repubocrat" Smiley or a Dixecrat whatever you want to call it.

So today at 12:43, I Joshua Craddock say to all my supporters out there in America to support........ Rep. Soult. Yes Rep. Soult and I wish him and Gov. Mabus best of luck and I have to say this was a hard desion but in the end I believe I picked the right person.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #592 on: October 11, 2006, 03:12:19 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2006, 03:32:23 AM by Al y Sosialydd »

Some results are good (I thought I'd do fairly well in Missouri, but not that well) some less good. I general I've not been able to put as much into this as I would like, but hopefully that will change soon.

On to Michigan!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #593 on: October 11, 2006, 12:59:45 PM »

I think I'll settle on the 20-district cap.  This therefore means that the states of California, Texas, Florida and New York will be costed as if they each had only twenty congressional districts apiece.

No PA?  Sad

PA only has 19 districts. Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #594 on: October 11, 2006, 01:03:15 PM »

*News Flash*

Hello once again, I have done a lot of thinking on who to support in the race to the White House. I look at all the candidates that are left and read and reread their profiles and the whole nine yards. The one that I found out that I am closer to is Rep. Wallace, but his' views that me and him disagree are some of the views I believe in whole-heartedly, so I can't support him. Then after him there were two candidates I wanted to support, Gov. John Mabus and Rep. Chris Soult. One is a Democrat is one is a Republican and at first I just jumped to pick Gov. Mabus because is the Democrat, but then I stop and thought how I believed again. I myself am "Dempublican" Smiley or a "Repubocrat" Smiley or a Dixecrat whatever you want to call it.

So today at 12:43, I Joshua Craddock say to all my supporters out there in America to support........ Rep. Soult. Yes Rep. Soult and I wish him and Gov. Mabus best of luck and I have to say this was a hard desion but in the end I believe I picked the right person.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to veto this endorsement.  Not only is it wholly unrealistic, but it also opens up some unmeasurable factors that I won't know how to deal with.  For example, would being endorsed by a Democrat during the primaries help or hinder Chris Soult?  Not to mention that for obvious reasons your delegates and momentum can't be transferred to him either.

I'm afraid you'll have to limit your endorsement to a member of the same party.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #595 on: October 11, 2006, 01:05:39 PM »

By the way, I owe Colin an explanation as to why I didn't include the ads that he requested at the last minute.  The reason for that was for the unfortunate technicality that you didn't state how much you wanted to spend on each.  It wouldn't be fair to assume, especially since I already told at least one other person that I wouldn't be able to include their ads unless they provided a cost for them.  Sorry about that, Colin.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #596 on: October 11, 2006, 01:13:13 PM »

Not to mention that for obvious reasons your delegates and momentum can't be transferred to him either.

Actually the momentum could end up being transferred, if only in those states that have open primaries, not that I disagree with the difficulties of deciding whether being laid open for attacks as RINO would hurt or help Soult.  More importantly, I can't imagine anyone in reality switching party alligence at this stage.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #597 on: October 11, 2006, 03:22:18 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2006, 05:24:49 PM by Justice Colin Wixted »

I would like to formally withdraw from the race as of now. I would also like to announce my endorsement of Governor Andrew Cereal. I believe that Gov. Cereal would be the best choice out of the current frontrunners to be the standard barer for our party. Mr. Cereal has the experience and the determination to be a stellar candidate and a great President of these United States. I mean no disrespect to the other candidates through this endorsement, the party has a great group of men running for the Presidency this year. So to Rep. Soult, Sec. Vandervoot, and Rep. Wallace, good luck and I cannot imagine a better group of politicians to square off in these remaining primaries.

To all my supporters I must say thank you. To myself I must say that I am an idiot for spending all my time in Iowa and for not campaigning as much in the other primaries. I must now get back to what I do best, represent my state and the ideals that I believe on the floor of the Senate.

OOC: Congradulations Chris on your victory in the primaries. You seem to win at everything but the Atlasian presidency. Wink

Good luck to everyone though. I was cheated, I say, I was cheated. Joe's only goal throughout this game was to make me lose. AAAAHHHHH! Tongue

Just kidding Joe, you've done a fine job but it would have been better if you did this during the summer when I had enough time to actually do well in this.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #598 on: October 11, 2006, 03:27:06 PM »

Sorry to lose you too, Colin. Sad
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #599 on: October 11, 2006, 05:25:46 PM »

I could see the writing on the wall. I only had 4.9 million bucks and 53 hours of campaigning time. Not exactly a winning formula.

Hey on second thought can I keep the 4.9 million? I really need that money, you know, for bills and such. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 35  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies