2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:46:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 68
Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread  (Read 41247 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: December 16, 2021, 11:30:38 PM »

It would be tricky to have OT for only one team. Wink
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1101 on: December 16, 2021, 11:34:15 PM »

Chiefs come all the way back, perhaps given tonight's other surprising result, it is truly a magical day.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1102 on: December 16, 2021, 11:35:07 PM »

Too bad Chargers lose, the only team that can stop Kelce is Von Miller anyways, what a blown lead by Chargers they were leading by 8
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #1103 on: December 17, 2021, 05:33:44 AM »

The NFL has awarded 18 teams International Home Marketing Areas across 8 different nations, such as Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Germany, and the United Kingdom.

NewsNation Now:
(NewsNation Now) — The NFL announced Wednesday that 18 teams have been awarded marketing rights across eight different countries, including China, in an effort to draw NFL fans worldwide.

But the move is raising questions from some amid strained U.S.-China relations.

The initiative, known as the International Home Marketing Areas program, grants clubs access to international territories for marketing, fan engagement and commercialization, according to a news release from the NFL.

The goal is to build the league’s global identity and inspire NFL fandom the world over.

Nations:
Australia: Los Angeles Rams
Brazil: Miami Dolphins
Canada: Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks
China: Los Angeles Rams
Germany: Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mexico: Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers
Spain: Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins
United Kingdom: Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers

Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1104 on: December 17, 2021, 07:56:11 AM »
« Edited: December 17, 2021, 08:13:20 AM by Banned Like 80 Times »

Chiefs come all the way back, perhaps given tonight's other surprising result, it is truly a magical day.

Please don't tell me you're referring to the f***ing North Shropshire by-election result in an NFL thread.

Anyway, it's chalk, not magical. My upset pick was a good one but a crappy walk-off OT win rewarded everyone who made the predictable choice.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1105 on: December 17, 2021, 12:12:25 PM »

Please don't tell me you're referring to the f***ing North Shropshire by-election result in an NFL thread.

Anyway, it's chalk, not magical. My upset pick was a good one but a crappy walk-off OT win rewarded everyone who made the predictable choice.

Chargers beat the Chiefs but Tyrice Hill was injured early in the yr,  that's why they lost so many games early on but they beat the Chargers, Giants, Raiders and Packers without Rodgers they haven't played the Rams, Bucks, or Patriots yet we'll see when they play at Pittsburgh they should win but Steelers are a better team than those groups

Jordan Love is not ready to take over Packers next yr the way they played the Chiefs
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1106 on: December 17, 2021, 01:44:54 PM »

Learning from Rodgers defeat you can't get up or down on these defeats there was a pass interference that wasnt called on the Chiefs or Bucks near the end zone at the end of game

They don't call it within the last 2 minutes due to no coaches challenge and they said replay fixed everything
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1107 on: December 17, 2021, 03:39:12 PM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1108 on: December 17, 2021, 03:42:45 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2021, 03:47:31 PM by S019 »

The NFL has awarded 18 teams International Home Marketing Areas across 8 different nations, such as Mexico, Canada, Brazil, Germany, and the United Kingdom.

NewsNation Now:
(NewsNation Now) — The NFL announced Wednesday that 18 teams have been awarded marketing rights across eight different countries, including China, in an effort to draw NFL fans worldwide.

But the move is raising questions from some amid strained U.S.-China relations.

The initiative, known as the International Home Marketing Areas program, grants clubs access to international territories for marketing, fan engagement and commercialization, according to a news release from the NFL.

The goal is to build the league’s global identity and inspire NFL fandom the world over.

Nations:
Australia: Los Angeles Rams
Brazil: Miami Dolphins
Canada: Minnesota Vikings, Seattle Seahawks
China: Los Angeles Rams
Germany: Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mexico: Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Rams, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers
Spain: Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins
United Kingdom: Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, Minnesota Vikings, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers

I question the usefulness of this given the broad time zones, it is like 7:30 AM right now in Australia, and this would be pretty close to the 4:25 start time (around an hour from time), it is notable how most of them are in the Western Hemisphere, Great Britain I guess already has a market, but the games there start unusually early for a reason. I just can't see this going too well in an America centered league, where most of the games are watched by Americans and where it's difficult to watch most games if you're not American due to the time zone issues

Perhaps, but it's more that I was just annoyed by olawakandi constantly spamming how LA teams are the inevitable Super Bowl teams, and it was nice to see them get put in their place. This thread would've been utterly insufferable had LA won. Of course, the best outcome would be New England winning it all so that the haters more. Also it made a nice punchline.

Hmmmm so the league is willing to reschedule based on COVID again, anyways, I'm surprised FOX had these both at the same time, especially since I'd imagine FOX would be very happy to distribute NFC East games to a wide audience during a primetime slot, even if it'd be on a Tuesday. And after a quick peek at some blog that keeps track of NFL TV coverage, FOX will indeed be airing one of these two games on Tuesday, I'm imagining they'd be sending Philadelphia-Washington to most of the Country west of the Rockies for sure, and perhaps west of the Sierra Nevada, but we'll see. Also one last note, since Seattle-LA has been "flexed" to Tuesday (idk if that's the right word but it works), Green Bay-Baltimore will be going to all of America.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1109 on: December 17, 2021, 03:50:17 PM »

I'd be fine with the complete elimination of testing of all asymptomatic players/coaches/staff.  And why in the hell can't a head coach coach from a skybox?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1110 on: December 17, 2021, 03:52:11 PM »

I'd be fine with the complete elimination of testing of all asymptomatic players/coaches/staff.  And why in the hell can't a head coach coach from a skybox?

On that note:

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-hc-sean-payton-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-not-coach-vs-bucs

I imagine this puts a nail in the coffin in what little hopes New Orleans had on Sunday, feel free to bump this if I'm wrong. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1111 on: December 17, 2021, 03:56:26 PM »

On that note:

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-hc-sean-payton-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-not-coach-vs-bucs

I imagine this puts a nail in the coffin in what little hopes New Orleans had on Sunday, feel free to bump this if I'm wrong. Tongue

Perhaps, but don't forget, Kevin Stefanski did not coach against us in the first round of the playoffs last year and the Steelers had their asses handed to them.  We. Shall. See  Smiley  But seriously, put the coach in a skybox by himself with a headset.  Zero reason not to.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1112 on: December 17, 2021, 03:59:46 PM »

I'd be fine with the complete elimination of testing of all asymptomatic players/coaches/staff.  And why in the hell can't a head coach coach from a skybox?

On that note:

Perhaps, but don't forget, Kevin Stefanski did not coach against us in the first round of the playoffs last year and the Steelers had their asses handed to them.  We. Shall. See  Smiley  But seriously, put the coach in a skybox by himself with a headset.  Zero reason not to.

Admittedly last year's Steelers were a team in freefall, I believe they lost 80% of their last five games (and that one win was a big comeback). This years' New Orleans Saints are a team in total free-fall and have only beat the lowly Jets since beating Tampa Bay earlier this year. I'm honestly mildly surprised the NFL wanted to show this game to a national audience, given their disastrous slide. Teams in free-fall usually tend to not turn around, and I'd still bet on that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1113 on: December 17, 2021, 04:03:33 PM »

I'd be fine with the complete elimination of testing of all asymptomatic players/coaches/staff.  And why in the hell can't a head coach coach from a skybox?

On that note:

Perhaps, but don't forget, Kevin Stefanski did not coach against us in the first round of the playoffs last year and the Steelers had their asses handed to them.  We. Shall. See  Smiley  But seriously, put the coach in a skybox by himself with a headset.  Zero reason not to.

Admittedly last year's Steelers were a team in freefall, I believe they lost 80% of their last five games (and that one win was a big comeback). This years' New Orleans Saints are a team in total free-fall and have only beat the lowly Jets since beating Tampa Bay earlier this year. I'm honestly mildly surprised the NFL wanted to show this game to a national audience, given their disastrous slide. Teams in free-fall usually tend to not turn around, and I'd still bet on that.

Tom terrific draws viewers, so they're not getting flexed out a national game.  Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1114 on: December 17, 2021, 08:46:22 PM »

Switching my pick in Ravens-Packers to the Packers.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1115 on: December 18, 2021, 12:00:34 AM »

Can you give me an updated schedule with all the new dates?
Politics Fan

« Reply #1116 on: December 18, 2021, 02:59:34 AM »

Patriots for tomorrow
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1117 on: December 18, 2021, 03:09:31 AM »

New England for now
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1118 on: December 18, 2021, 07:57:40 AM »

It's ridiculous how these athletes are carrying around the virus because they're tested all the time and how much money they make
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1119 on: December 18, 2021, 08:58:42 AM »

Check here for the current schedule (since it may change again): https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1120 on: December 18, 2021, 09:23:28 AM »

Check here for the current schedule (since it may change again): https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule

Thanks.

I'll pick the Colts tonight, and make the rest of my picks later.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1121 on: December 18, 2021, 02:12:15 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2021, 02:31:23 PM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Thanks.

I'll pick the Colts tonight, and make the rest of my picks later.

Pats won 6 straight like the Chiefs, Pats are gonna win

Pats v Chiefs in AFC Title game Chiefs are 12/0 in road Division games and they lost to Chargers at Home
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #1122 on: December 18, 2021, 07:41:10 PM »

Patriots tonight
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1123 on: December 18, 2021, 08:20:14 PM »

Pats for now.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1124 on: December 18, 2021, 09:30:23 PM »

Live shot of Talk Elections posters after picking the Patriots to win (2021, colorized)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies