Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:50:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Author Topic: Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl  (Read 26231 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2021, 04:19:27 AM »

uhhhhhhh
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2021, 01:25:00 PM by Antifacist Ghost of Ruin »

Wait, it gets worse. (Not April Fools, even if it sounds like it should be.) Gun-toting dude-bros, cryptocurrency shenanigans, and an organized sex-trafficking ring abusing underage girls, all done with government resources by a buddy of Gaetz.

Who is Joel Greenberg? Former tax collector tied to U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz steeped in controversy before criminal charges
Former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg — who resigned on June 24, the day after he was arrested at his home by federal agents — currently faces 14 federal charges, including allegations that he stalked a political opponent, illegally used a state database to create fake IDs and sex-trafficked a minor.

On Tuesday, it was revealed the probe had further extended to include conservative self-described “firebrand” U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz who, according to the New York Times, is being investigated for an alleged sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl.

New indictment: Joel Greenberg used tax collector funds to buy himself cryptocurrency, Michael Jordan merch
Just five days after he appeared in shackles in a federal courtroom, accused by prosecutors of stalking a political opponent, Joel Greenberg filed paperwork with the state to resurrect a pair of defunct companies, Greenberg Media and DG3 Network.

He would later use those businesses to obtain more than $432,000 in fraudulent loans through a program meant to help small businesses hurt by the COVID-19 pandemic — with the help of a federal employee whom he had bribed, prosecutors now allege.
Advertisement

Greenberg resigned as tax collector in June, after he was arrested at his home by federal agents. He now faces at least 33 federal charges, including previously revealed allegations that he stalked a political opponent, illegally used a state database to create fake IDs and sex-trafficked a minor.

Unrolled here.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2021, 01:28:00 PM »

brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2021, 01:33:44 PM »

Y'know, Idk about y'all, but I'm starting to get the sense that Matt might just be totally & completely f**ked.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2021, 01:37:46 PM »

Thoughts and prayers.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2021, 01:51:53 PM »

I didn't know Costco-sized boxes of condoms were a thing. Or at least, I didn't want to believe it was a thing.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2021, 02:00:20 PM »

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, but Gaetz did an interview with OANN this morning (I assume because he felt Tucker had too many "gotcha" questions) that is absolutely one for the ages.

https://.www..oann..com/one-on-one-with-rep-matt-gaetz-in-fl/
walleye26

« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2021, 04:21:59 PM »

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, but Gaetz did an interview with OANN this morning (I assume because he felt Tucker had too many "gotcha" questions) that is absolutely one for the ages.

https://.www..oann..com/one-on-one-with-rep-matt-gaetz-in-fl/
You got me with this one....
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »

lol
The cartoonishly scandalous perception of Gaetz is so commonplace that sometimes it’s visible, literally, in the halls of Congress. A Hill source sent The Daily Beast a photo of a trash bin outside Gaetz's office as lawmakers cleared out their offices at the end of a recent session. At the top of the heap was an empty Costco-size box of “Bareskin” Trojan condoms.

Yikes. Though the mention of "illegal drugs" makes me wonder if his support of legalizing marijuana is because he actually smokes weed.

"More than a half-dozen lawmakers have spoken to these reporters about his love of alcohol and illegal drugs, as well as his proclivity for younger women. It’s well-known among Republican lawmakers that Gaetz was dating a college student—one over the age of consent—in 2018. She came to Washington as an intern."

"One former GOP staffer said Wednesday that their office had an informal rule to not allow their member to appear next to Gaetz during TV hits, fearful of the inevitable scandal that would come out one day."
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2021, 05:26:06 PM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2021, 05:31:07 PM »

Mann Act. Crossing state lines to do an illegal sex act (as with someone underage) or inducing someone to cross state lines for such, including for prostitution, is a violation of this act. It is still enforced, but not as it used to be (as for the boxer Jack Johnson for an interracial relationship).

Underage... no excuse. 
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2021, 05:46:23 PM »

Gaetz showed nude photos of women he said he'd slept with to lawmakers

To everyone’s great surprise, it turns out that Matt Gaetz does indeed have a pattern of pervy behaviour.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2021, 06:00:44 PM »

I didn't know Costco-sized boxes of condoms were a thing. Or at least, I didn't want to believe it was a thing.
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode about Elaine stocking up on the sponges that are her favorite birth control method.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #163 on: April 01, 2021, 06:10:24 PM »

To everyone’s great surprise, it turns out that Matt Gaetz does indeed have a pattern of pervy behaviour.

CNN says ...
Gaetz allegedly showed off to other lawmakers photos and videos of nude women he said he had slept with, the sources told CNN, including while on the House floor. The sources, including two people directly shown the material, said Gaetz displayed the images of women on his phone and talked about having sex with them. One of the videos showed a naked woman with a hula hoop, according to one source.

Bizarre and kinky.
What a dope. Why would you do that while on the House floor? That's like very immature (and stupid).
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2021, 06:15:35 PM »

He is a sex addict. He should probably get help.
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2021, 06:33:49 PM »

Clever of Team Gaetz to leak this story on the day when everyone is skeptical of everything, especially salacious-sounding things.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2021, 06:35:31 PM »

Clever of Team Gaetz to leak this story on the day when everyone is skeptical of everything, especially salacious-sounding things.

Although this would be a rather poor taste topic to run an April Fool’s story on...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2021, 06:51:11 PM »

CNN says ...
Gaetz allegedly showed off to other lawmakers photos and videos of nude women he said he had slept with, the sources told CNN, including while on the House floor. The sources, including two people directly shown the material, said Gaetz displayed the images of women on his phone and talked about having sex with them. One of the videos showed a naked woman with a hula hoop, according to one source.

Bizarre and kinky.
What a dope. Why would you do that while on the House floor? That's like very immature (and stupid).

Are we certain that "while on the House floor" is modifying "showed off" and not "slept with"? Wink
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2021, 07:00:52 PM »

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2021, 07:08:59 PM »

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2021, 07:21:52 PM »

Every gay and pedophilia sex scandal is a Republican. So much projection from the GQP.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2021, 07:24:10 PM »

If true, he needs to resign.

I'm fine with a bit of locker room talk, and I'm fine with sleeping with interns or married women, but this is beyond the pale. Only lowlifes do this.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2021, 07:27:38 PM »

I'm fine with a bit of locker room talk, and I'm fine with sleeping with interns or married women, but this is beyond the pale. Only lowlifes do this.

Raping underage girls is fine with you, but showing the pictures is where you draw the line?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2021, 07:47:29 PM »

Raping underage girls is fine with you, but showing the pictures is where you draw the line?
Santander is a complicated person
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2021, 08:10:31 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18  
« previous next »