Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:18:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Author Topic: Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl  (Read 26223 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: April 03, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »

He's innocent until proven guilty, and he hasn't even been charged yet.

Legally,  yes. This isn't a courtroom,  though, and we are free to draw our own conclusions.

Would you be happy if someone drew those conclusions about you online before you were even charged with a crime?

I mean, yeah, it's news.  But people give me grief for suggesting Joe Biden isn't up to snuff, cognitively.  This is far more damning, and something that sticks even if it's proven false.  In truth, people have no idea as to what the truth actually is; they only have in their mind what they wish to be true or want to be proven true.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2021, 12:11:04 PM »

Legally,  yes. This isn't a courtroom,  though, and we are free to draw our own conclusions.

Would you be happy if someone drew those conclusions about you online before you were even charged with a crime?

I mean, yeah, it's news.  But people give me grief for suggesting Joe Biden isn't up to snuff, cognitively.  This is far more damning, and something that sticks even if it's proven false.  In truth, people have no idea as to what the truth actually is; they only have in their mind what they wish to be true or want to be proven true.

Well, you would know...
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #227 on: April 03, 2021, 12:13:56 PM »

So wait, innocent until proven guilty when it’s a Republican, but guilty until proven innocent when it’s a Democrat?
Does god apply the rules of the Bible unequally based on partisan allegiance as well in your convoluted reality?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2021, 12:17:12 PM »

But Hillary is guilty according to you, it’s almost as if you have double standards to fit your consulates narratives and irrational fears conjured in your head.

What if this was your son?
What if you found out Mr Gaetz had been having sexual escapades with your child? Would you still defend Grabby Gaetz? Does your allegiance lie with god and family, or the church of Trump? A man can only serve two masters, Fuzzy. Your allegiance is showing.

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #229 on: April 03, 2021, 12:26:10 PM »

What a stupid and contradictory post.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #230 on: April 03, 2021, 02:12:01 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2021, 02:15:10 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Analysis: Why Matt Gaetz's days in politics are likely numbered.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/02/politics/matt-gaetz-florida-trump/index.html

Do you guys think that any future "job in the conservative media world" would be over for Gaetz?
Or would a large(ish) media company still want to hire him?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #231 on: April 03, 2021, 02:16:12 PM »

Ah, but what if his name was "Hunter Biden"?

Other than the fact that Hunter Biden is presumed innocent until proven guilty, I don't see how this post is aging well.

Anyone calling out Hunter Biden in the media, on social media, etc. has been right to do so.  Those condemning us for do so only wished to deflect that legitimate bad press that he's getting today.  Hunter Biden has been under investigation for two (2) years.  Given what is "leaked" on a daily basis, it's kind of hard to believe that actual confirmation of this by the MSM hasn't occurred until just now.

Whatever the merits of the allegations against both Bidens, they won't go away.  And Hunter Biden's life story is full of episodes that cause him to be unlikable.  He gets special treatment to be a Naval Reserve Officer, then gets kicked out for cocaine use.  He leaves his wife for his brother's widow, then leaves her to marry another person.  And he gets a slew of corporate jobs that he gets solely because of WHO he is, and WHO his Dad is.

Joe Biden and Hunter Biden represent the political class that people are still viscerally angry with, and not without good reason.  Hunter Biden represents the sort of privilege that fuels that resentment.  Hunter Biden isn't in his positions because of what he knows; he's in his position because of whose son he is, and people know that.  Their kids eat the Big Chicken Dinner (Bad Conduct Discharge) when they use drugs in the Armed Services, and it's attached to every job application they fill out henceforth.  Their kids would struggle to get an interview for companies like the ones Hunter Biden has worked for.  All this information is out there, and easily to disseminate.  Trump may not have the ability to mollify that anger that he did in 2016, but Biden's candidacy will stoke what's left of that anger, which is substantial.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #232 on: April 03, 2021, 02:17:05 PM »

Do you guys think that any future "job in the conservative media world" would be over for Gaetz?

I don't think Fox would hire him. OAN or Newsmax might, but I think even they would steer clear if the pedophilia accusations are proven true.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #233 on: April 03, 2021, 02:18:32 PM »

Other than the fact that Hunter Biden is presumed innocent until proven guilty, I don't see how this post is aging well.

Anyone calling out Hunter Biden in the media, on social media, etc. has been right to do so.  Those condemning us for do so only wished to deflect that legitimate bad press that he's getting today.  Hunter Biden has been under investigation for two (2) years.  Given what is "leaked" on a daily basis, it's kind of hard to believe that actual confirmation of this by the MSM hasn't occurred until just now.

Whatever the merits of the allegations against both Bidens, they won't go away.  And Hunter Biden's life story is full of episodes that cause him to be unlikable.  He gets special treatment to be a Naval Reserve Officer, then gets kicked out for cocaine use.  He leaves his wife for his brother's widow, then leaves her to marry another person.  And he gets a slew of corporate jobs that he gets solely because of WHO he is, and WHO his Dad is.

Joe Biden and Hunter Biden represent the political class that people are still viscerally angry with, and not without good reason.  Hunter Biden represents the sort of privilege that fuels that resentment.  Hunter Biden isn't in his positions because of what he knows; he's in his position because of whose son he is, and people know that.  Their kids eat the Big Chicken Dinner (Bad Conduct Discharge) when they use drugs in the Armed Services, and it's attached to every job application they fill out henceforth.  Their kids would struggle to get an interview for companies like the ones Hunter Biden has worked for.  All this information is out there, and easily to disseminate.  Trump may not have the ability to mollify that anger that he did in 2016, but Biden's candidacy will stoke what's left of that anger, which is substantial.

LMAO.
Nice one Ghost.
Smiley
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #234 on: April 03, 2021, 02:28:09 PM »

I agree with you that it's very irresponsible for people to presume he's guilty in a legal sense and call for his head as some have done in this thread, but I don't think it's fair to say we have "no idea" what the truth is. We don't know exactly what the truth is, but we have a pretty good idea that Gaetz, at the very least, was closely associated with people involved in trafficking and prostitution, and likely made payments to them and possibly participated in the act. I don't think it's unfair to say that things don't look good for him. If he wasn't a public figure, I'd agree that his name should be withheld from the media until the point of his potential conviction, but the federal investigation of a prominent Representative is fair game for reasonable speculation based on the evidence that has leaked.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2021, 02:31:44 PM »

It's all but a moot point, given that his days free are likely numbered as well.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2021, 02:32:14 PM »

I agree with you that it's very irresponsible for people to presume he's guilty in a legal sense and call for his head as some have done in this thread, but I don't think it's fair to say we have "no idea" what the truth is. We don't know exactly what the truth is, but we have a pretty good idea that Gaetz, at the very least, was closely associated with people involved in trafficking and prostitution, and likely made payments to them and possibly participated in the act. I don't think it's unfair to say that things don't look good for him. If he wasn't a public figure, I'd agree that his name should be withheld from the media until the point of his potential conviction, but the federal investigation of a prominent Representative is fair game for reasonable speculation based on the evidence that has leaked.

Nothing surprises me about anyone in public life, but there isn't even an allegation against Gaetz that rises to the level of probable cause of a crime.  That would be an indictment or an arrest on charges.  
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2021, 02:50:07 PM »

Legally,  yes. This isn't a courtroom,  though, and we are free to draw our own conclusions.

I mean, yeah, it's news.  But people give me grief for suggesting Joe Biden isn't up to snuff, cognitively.  This is far more damning, and something that sticks even if it's proven false.  In truth, people have no idea as to what the truth actually is; they only have in their mind what they wish to be true or want to be proven true.

Anyone calling out Hunter Biden in the media, on social media, etc. has been right to do so.  Those condemning us for do so only wished to deflect that legitimate bad press that he's getting today.  Hunter Biden has been under investigation for two (2) years.  Given what is "leaked" on a daily basis, it's kind of hard to believe that actual confirmation of this by the MSM hasn't occurred until just now.

Whatever the merits of the allegations against both Bidens, they won't go away.  And Hunter Biden's life story is full of episodes that cause him to be unlikable.  He gets special treatment to be a Naval Reserve Officer, then gets kicked out for cocaine use.  He leaves his wife for his brother's widow, then leaves her to marry another person.  And he gets a slew of corporate jobs that he gets solely because of WHO he is, and WHO his Dad is.

Joe Biden and Hunter Biden represent the political class that people are still viscerally angry with, and not without good reason.  Hunter Biden represents the sort of privilege that fuels that resentment.  Hunter Biden isn't in his positions because of what he knows; he's in his position because of whose son he is, and people know that.  Their kids eat the Big Chicken Dinner (Bad Conduct Discharge) when they use drugs in the Armed Services, and it's attached to every job application they fill out henceforth.  Their kids would struggle to get an interview for companies like the ones Hunter Biden has worked for.  All this information is out there, and easily to disseminate.  Trump may not have the ability to mollify that anger that he did in 2016, but Biden's candidacy will stoke what's left of that anger, which is substantial.

LMAO.
Nice one Ghost.
Smiley

Hunter Biden isn't charged with a crime yet.  He does have a history of "bad conduct" that is documented, and, while not a crime, speaks for itself.

Hunter Biden, unlike Matt Gaetz, is being sheltered by the media.  The NYT got the Gaetz story out as soon as it could, yet they (as well as Atlas Liberals) don't even wish to investigate or contemplate Hunter Biden's business dealings, some of which are under investigation by the DOJ headed by . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . HIS FATHER, JOE BIDEN!!!

The difference between the two is the way both the way the media covers each story.  Matt Gaetz's story is, potentially, the most shocking, but it likely has less of an effect on the average citizen than Hunter Biden.  The allegations about him involve issue of whether or not JOE Biden knew about his business dealings, whether or not JOE Biden was a part of them, whether or note JOE Biden is lying about not knowing anything about what Hunter was doing in various foreign countries (especially China) and whether or not any of this affects the policy decisions made by JOE Biden.

Hunter Biden represents the FAVORED end of the Double Standard of Justice.  Matt Gaetz, to date, represents the UNFAVORED end of the Double Standard of Justice; he's likely been successfully ruined in politics already.  It may end up that Matt Gaetz deserves what's coming to him and then some.  We're not there yet, however.  The double standard is very much in force.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2021, 03:03:48 PM »

Legally,  yes. This isn't a courtroom,  though, and we are free to draw our own conclusions.

I mean, yeah, it's news.  But people give me grief for suggesting Joe Biden isn't up to snuff, cognitively.  This is far more damning, and something that sticks even if it's proven false.  In truth, people have no idea as to what the truth actually is; they only have in their mind what they wish to be true or want to be proven true.

Anyone calling out Hunter Biden in the media, on social media, etc. has been right to do so.  Those condemning us for do so only wished to deflect that legitimate bad press that he's getting today.  Hunter Biden has been under investigation for two (2) years.  Given what is "leaked" on a daily basis, it's kind of hard to believe that actual confirmation of this by the MSM hasn't occurred until just now.

Whatever the merits of the allegations against both Bidens, they won't go away.  And Hunter Biden's life story is full of episodes that cause him to be unlikable.  He gets special treatment to be a Naval Reserve Officer, then gets kicked out for cocaine use.  He leaves his wife for his brother's widow, then leaves her to marry another person.  And he gets a slew of corporate jobs that he gets solely because of WHO he is, and WHO his Dad is.

Joe Biden and Hunter Biden represent the political class that people are still viscerally angry with, and not without good reason.  Hunter Biden represents the sort of privilege that fuels that resentment.  Hunter Biden isn't in his positions because of what he knows; he's in his position because of whose son he is, and people know that.  Their kids eat the Big Chicken Dinner (Bad Conduct Discharge) when they use drugs in the Armed Services, and it's attached to every job application they fill out henceforth.  Their kids would struggle to get an interview for companies like the ones Hunter Biden has worked for.  All this information is out there, and easily to disseminate.  Trump may not have the ability to mollify that anger that he did in 2016, but Biden's candidacy will stoke what's left of that anger, which is substantial.

LMAO.
Nice one Ghost.
Smiley

Hunter Biden isn't charged with a crime yet.  He does have a history of "bad conduct" that is documented, and, while not a crime, speaks for itself.

Hunter Biden, unlike Matt Gaetz, is being sheltered by the media.  The NYT got the Gaetz story out as soon as it could, yet they (as well as Atlas Liberals) don't even wish to investigate or contemplate Hunter Biden's business dealings, some of which are under investigation by the DOJ headed by . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . HIS FATHER, JOE BIDEN!!!

Matt Gaetz is full of "bad conduct."
His own colleagues ... yes other Republicans in Congress and their aides ... have acknowledged Gaetz of sharing numerous photos and video of nude women and his disgusting sexual escapades, while on the House floor, no less.

And now, it's seems that .... wait for it . . . wait for it . . . HIS OWN DADDY Don Gaetz, a former Florida Senate president, is intentionally trying to redirect and falsely misguide everyone about a completely separate investigation, from what his son is "BUSTED" with now.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2021, 03:12:02 PM »

LMAO.
Nice one Ghost.
Smiley

Matt Gaetz is full of "bad conduct."
His own colleagues ... yes other Republicans in Congress and their aides ... have acknowledged Gaetz of sharing numerous photos and video of nude women and his disgusting sexual escapades, while on the House floor, no less.

And now, it's seems that .... wait for it . . . wait for it . . . HIS OWN DADDY Don Gaetz, a former Florida Senate president, is intentionally trying to redirect and falsely misguide everyone about a completely separate investigation, from what his son is "BUSTED" with now.

Don Gaetz is not the President of the United States.  If he, or anyone in Gaetz's family has obstructed justice, Biden's DOJ will make their prosecution a priority. 

Matt Gaetz isn't my idea of who should be my next Sunday School teacher, but it's not a crime to have porn on your phone or to tell crude stories of sexual exploits.  I'll certainly never vote for Gaetz if this is the case, and I doubt he'll be running for anything in any case.  But don't insinuate that HB and DG have been held to the same standard by the media.  That would be nonsense to assert.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2021, 04:12:26 PM »

Most of the disgusting stuff Gaetz does -- preying on college girls, showing off nude photos of women, scoring his sexual adventures -- is not illegal.

What is illegal?  Transporting a minor across state lines for sex.
What is illegal?  Soliciting child prostitutes.

But we here are not a court of law determining whether or not Matt Gaetz should go to prison.  We're just making up our own minds about him.  The evidence that he did most of these things is pretty overwhelming so there's not really a reasonable doubt.  In my mind, that makes him a trashy, disgusting, predatory piece of s--t.  And Republicans should be embarrassed to have this guy on their side, to have elected this guy to Congress, to have loved this guy for years, to have made him one of the big faces of their party, and to still be defending his reputation now.

Fuzzy's defense is "whatabout Hunter Biden?"  Most people on this board would agree that Hunter has done a lot of bad things and doesn't seem like a very good guy.  But there's a couple crucial differences.

First of all, Hunter Biden is a private citizen.  He is not an elected representative.  He is not associated with the Democratic Party in any way.  He's just a guy.  The only reason he's noteworthy at all is that his dad is the president.  We aren't asked to answer for him any more than you'd be asked to answer for, say, Barron Trump if he turned out to be a creep.

Second of all, Hunter Biden is a drug addict, and that explains a lot of his behavior.  In most people's eyes, there's a world of difference between being involved in a sordid lifestyle because you're trapped in the spiral of addiction and can't escape, and Gaetz's being involved in a sordid lifestyle because he's a creepy perv who's proud of it and loves it.  Hunter Biden isn't proud to be a drug addict.  He's been incredibly open about it -- just read his book -- and how much he hated himself for it, how much he wished he could escape, how he felt he was hurting himself and those he loved.  You'll certainly never hear Matt Gaetz say anything like that.

Thirdly, what do you want us to do about Hunter?  The demand to Gaetz is pretty clear -- resign, now, and face prosecution.  The demand to the Republican Party is pretty clear -- force Gaetz to resign, and publicly disavow him and his criminal activities.  What is the Democratic Party supposed to do about a private citizen who happens to be a drug addict?  If Hunter Biden was an elected Democratic politician, I think we'd all demand he resign.  But we don't have to do that because he's just a guy.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2021, 04:14:05 PM »

Diddling children is way worse than having dementia. What the heck is wrong with you?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #242 on: April 03, 2021, 04:27:25 PM »

Diddling children is way worse than having dementia. What the heck is wrong with you?

I think he's saying the Gaetz stuff is far more damning, since he also said "it sticks even if it's proven false" (this is also clearly true of the dementia stuff, though, since Fuzzy still believes that even though Joe is already a successful POTUS).

The thing is, we are getting new evidence/testimony every day that the Gaetz stuff is true.  And we get new evidence every day that the "Biden has dementia" smear is false.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #243 on: April 03, 2021, 07:01:33 PM »

I am officially upgrading my stance on this sick son of a bitch from “LOCK HIM UP” to “CASTRATION.”

FTFY

I have to say I’m really enjoying watching Matt Gaetz’s entire life go down in flames like this. This couldn’t have happened to a more deserving guy. It’s going to be even more sweet when Trump gets indicted.

There are also so many other Republicans that need to go down like this too. I don't think we will ever get justice of that kind in our timeline.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2021, 09:29:40 AM »

Gaetz was supposed to be the heir apparent to Rick Scott seat

Florida is so corrupt on so many levels, there’s still a small chance it could happen.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2021, 11:12:30 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2021, 03:33:41 PM by Congrats, Griffin! »

Goodness 🤭
LtNOWIS

« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2021, 01:13:39 PM »

Gaetz was supposed to be the heir apparent to Rick Scott seat
I'm skeptical that any major players from either party would want a Pensacola area guy elected statewide, or for that to even be viable.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2021, 04:05:46 PM »

Just as with Trump there was always a tweet, with fuzzy there's always a post. Or multiple ones.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2021, 06:04:33 PM »

Cross-horseshoe friendship ended effective IMMEDIATELY.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2021, 06:08:04 PM »

Just as with Trump there was always a tweet, with fuzzy there's always a post. Or multiple ones.

He'll now take a week long break and never respond to this.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies