Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 11:24:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: Matt Gaetz under investigation by DoJ for possible sexual relationship with 17 yo girl  (Read 26418 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2021, 11:34:37 AM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2021, 12:02:22 PM »

I don’t like Matt Gaetz but:

>NYT
>Feds

Find me two less trustworthy groups.

as a journalistic entity, the National Enquirer.
As anentity, the Trump-era GOP. 
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2021, 12:38:29 PM »

Knee-jerk defense of Gaetz should be a red-flag. Wouldn't be surprised if we find out she diddled some teenage boys in her district.

Didn't her husband get busted for something similar?
If she had half-a-brain (which she does not), she would have completely kept out of this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2021, 12:58:32 PM »

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2021, 01:08:00 PM »

I can't even accept the phrase "child prostitute", trafficked children, exploited children but this story is probably going to get a lot sleazier and weird.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2021, 01:08:11 PM »

This won't go far.  Wake me up when it's over.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2021, 01:15:09 PM »

He sure has a lot (and I mean a lot) to say, about a girl that he says, doesn't actually even exist.
LOL.
I mean honestly ... if this supposed girl really didn't exist, and nothing even remotely close to was is alleged ever happened, I would just sit back and let the FBI do it's thing (if it happened to me).
Instead, Gaetz is rambling like a lunatic and "flailing his arms" over "supposed nothing."
Hmmm ... makes you wonder.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2021, 01:28:50 PM »

Knee-jerk defense of Gaetz should be a red-flag. Wouldn't be surprised if we find out she diddled some teenage boys in her district.

If she had half-a-brain (which she does not), she would have completely kept out of this.

Well, since she's stripped from all committee assignments, there is not much else to do other than saying stupid things to remain kinda relevant.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2021, 01:30:34 PM »

Well, since she's stripped from all committee assignments, there is not much else to do other than saying stupid things to remain kinda relevant.

Saying stupid things is one of her core competencies.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2021, 01:44:49 PM »

This is true.
Smiley
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2021, 02:30:12 PM »

I think you’re getting her confused with Lauren Boebert
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2021, 02:42:27 PM »

I think you’re getting her confused with Lauren Boebert

There have been tabloid rumors that MTG has had multiple affairs outside her marriage, but I'm not aware of anything being verified by a reputable source.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2021, 03:23:36 PM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2021, 04:04:16 PM »

Holy sh**t, how are there so many tweets from him like this?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2021, 04:08:42 PM »

I’m starting to think the reason he didn’t run for Alabama senate is not because he’d be carpetbagging, but because he and Roy Moore share a niche
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2021, 04:24:38 PM »

I’m starting to think the reason he didn’t run for Alabama senate is not because he’d be carpetbagging, but because he and Roy Moore share a niche

Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2021, 04:34:04 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2021, 05:46:53 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/matt-gaetz-investigation-robert-levinson/2021/03/31/ebe2a9ba-923e-11eb-9668-89be11273c09_story.html

Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Florida Republican known for his fierce allegiance to former president Donald Trump, had been under Justice Department investigation for months for a possible sex crime when two men approached his father with a proposal, people familiar with the matter said.

The men had learned of the investigation, they wrote to Don Gaetz, and wanted to offer an opportunity to help his son, the people said. He could give a huge sum of money to fund their effort to locate Robert A. Levinson — the longest held American hostage in Iran whose family has said they were told he is dead. If the operation was a success, he would win favor with the U.S. government and help alleviate Matt Gaetz’s legal woes.

But Don Gaetz, a prominent Florida Republican who once led the state Senate, viewed the communication suspiciously, the people said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe a continuing and politically sensitive probe. The investigation into Matt Gaetz’s alleged crime — he is suspected of having sex with a 17-year-old girl, as well as funding her travel — was not public knowledge. Fearing his family was being extorted, Don Gaetz contacted the FBI.
The men who approached Gaetz’s father, people familiar with the matter said, had no apparent connection to the sex crimes investigation of his son, other than having somehow learned about it before it was publicly reported. But when news of law enforcement’s interest in Gaetz surfaced Tuesday, the congressman asserted that the allegation was “rooted in an extortion effort against my family for $25 million,” and he identified by name a former federal prosecutor who he said was part of the effort.

While the Justice Department investigates possible sex crimes, the FBI is separately examining whether the request to his father about Levinson might constitute extortion, with Gaetz and his family as possible victims.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2021, 05:51:44 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2021, 05:55:55 PM by Mr. Morden »

So it sounds like the investigation of Gaetz is real, but then, separate from that, you have some other rogue actor (separate from the actual investigators on the case against Gaetz) who somehow found out about the investigation before it was made public, and they might have tried to extort $ from Gaetz's father to fund the search for Levinson over it?  So conceivably, what Gaetz was saying in the Tucker interview about being the target of a shakedown had some basis in reality, but Gaetz tried to use that to suggest that the charges against him aren't true, which doesn't make sense.

EDIT: But if you look farther down in the article, you see that McGee (who has represented the Levinson family) claimed that it was the reverse: That Gaetz's father came to him asking him for help in making Matt's legal trouble disappear.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2021, 07:29:43 PM »

I saw somewhere, where Gaetz is admitting that on occasion, he would put people-up in a hotel room (I guess under his name) and/or pay for their food, etc ... just to help them out.
Really? This is odd, and who would do such a thing for "random people"?
Sounds like an excuse to create "cover" for when the Feds find evidence.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2021, 09:29:28 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2021, 10:54:13 PM »

Age of Consent should be 16 but the other thing they’re going after him on is really bad

Uh...

The age of consent already is 16 in most states so

It should be 18 everywhere

So, you're in favor of increasing the prison population and putting more 20 year olds on Lifetime sex offense registries?

When did I say this?

I don’t want creepy grown-ass men sleeping with teenagers. Romeo and Juliet laws are obviously different.

Teenagers, huh? So, you want to make it illegal to have sex with 19 year olds? Huh
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2021, 11:05:23 PM »

Oh geesh that can be interpreted another way now 🤭
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2021, 11:19:09 PM »

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2021, 11:27:26 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2021, 11:33:39 PM by Teflon Joe. »

He sure has a lot (and I mean a lot) to say, about a girl that he says, doesn't actually even exist.
LOL.
I mean honestly ... if this supposed girl really didn't exist, and nothing even remotely close to was is alleged ever happened, I would just sit back and let the FBI do it's thing (if it happened to me).
Instead, Gaetz is rambling like a lunatic and "flailing his arms" over "supposed nothing."
Hmmm ... makes you wonder.

Trump was terrified and acted guilty just like Gaetz during the Mueller investigation. Trump refused to do a in person interview.

Trump was able to indirectly intimidate Mueller by making noises about firing him, like Comey. Gaetz has zero power to fire anyone investigating him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies