Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 10:36:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 27912 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: April 01, 2021, 12:46:25 PM »

Lock this thread, please. It’s the only way this will end.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #351 on: April 01, 2021, 12:47:39 PM »

no
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #352 on: April 01, 2021, 12:50:01 PM »

How condescending. I’d expect nothing less from an elitist like you.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #353 on: April 01, 2021, 12:52:02 PM »

Are you arguing in favor of blasphemy laws?
Yes, I do favor blasphemy laws

Then go move to Saudi Arabia. This is America, where we have freedom of religion.
Is that racial thing? Is it because I'm Muslim?

I was born in this country. Went to school here. I own land and teach our young. I vote and attend schoolboard/town hall meetings. I'm going to inherent a small business some day
No. It's because nothing could be less American than not supporting freedom of speech. It's the most foundational value of our nation.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #354 on: April 01, 2021, 12:52:47 PM »

Why should it end?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #355 on: April 01, 2021, 01:00:46 PM »

15 pages (and counting) of circular arguments that is getting nowhere. But I must admit, this has been quite something to witness, so perhaps it should continue.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #356 on: April 01, 2021, 01:22:35 PM »

Then go move to Saudi Arabia. This is America, where we have freedom of religion.

I was born in this country. Went to school here. I own land and teach our young. I vote and attend schoolboard/town hall meetings. I'm going to inherent a small business some day

No. If you were Catholic I'd say go to Vatican City.

It's because you don't share the American value of freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

« Reply #357 on: April 01, 2021, 01:40:32 PM »

15 pages (and counting) of circular arguments that is getting nowhere. But I must admit, this has been quite something to witness, so perhaps it should continue.

smh yet more anti-free speech radicals here to police our love for shoes filled with satan's blood (which I totally don't bathe myself in)
Motorcity

« Reply #358 on: April 01, 2021, 01:54:38 PM »

No. If you were Catholic I'd say go to Vatican City.

It's because you don't share the American value of freedom of speech and freedom of religion.
Telling a Muslim-American to "go live in Saudi Arabia" is just another word for "go back to your home country"

My family isn't even from Saudi Arabia, but I guess you picked some random brown country right?

Besides, I strongly feel that a majority of Americans would shun anyone wearing these shoes
Motorcity

« Reply #359 on: April 01, 2021, 01:56:17 PM »

BREAKING: Nike got a restraining order on the company making these shoes. All further sales are banned. WE WON!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nike-restraining-order-lawsuit-lil-nas-x-mschf-satan-shoes/

HIP HIP HOORAH! HIP HIP HOORAH!

I bet some people are upset haha
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #360 on: April 01, 2021, 02:06:22 PM »

BREAKING: Nike got a restraining order on the company making these shoes. All further sales are banned. WE WON!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nike-restraining-order-lawsuit-lil-nas-x-mschf-satan-shoes/

Haha owned.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #361 on: April 01, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »

Not really. Copyright infringement is very serious stuff. I agree with Nike that the use of the swoosh was the only objectionable part of the shoe.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #362 on: April 01, 2021, 02:07:46 PM »

Yaaaaayyyy! They made the scary shoes go away!
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #363 on: April 01, 2021, 02:12:18 PM »

Finally we can let this thread die the noble death that it longs for instead of pumping its decrepit frame full of vitamin supplements and the blood of slaughtered pigs.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #364 on: April 01, 2021, 02:26:04 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2021, 02:32:47 PM by This space intentionally left blank »

The fact that you care so much about a pair of shoes you don't want to buy is what's so amusing (and pathetic). Even most people posting in the thread were only doing so to express their surprise at the conservative outrage. It's not like most people were really invested in this dude's satan shoes or "supported" him because they were Satanists. The majority of the people on the opposite side from you in this thread don't care about this, because it wasn't about Lil Nas' shoes in a vacuum, it was about some people's inability to deal with others not sharing their beliefs.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #365 on: April 01, 2021, 02:31:41 PM »

The fact that you care so much about a pair of shoes you don't want to buy is what's so amusing (and pathetic). Even most people posting in the thread were only doing so to express their surprise at the conservative outrage. It's not like most people were really invested in this dude's satan shoes or "supported" him because they were Satanists. Vast majority of people don't care about this, and you're celebrating like you accomplished something.

The vast majority of people don't care about things like "culturally appropriative hairstyles" or Katy Perry wearing a kimono or whatever either, but that doesn't stop some people from blowing up all over social media over that type of stuff.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #366 on: April 01, 2021, 02:33:59 PM »

The fact that you care so much about a pair of shoes you don't want to buy is what's so amusing (and pathetic). Even most people posting in the thread were only doing so to express their surprise at the conservative outrage. It's not like most people were really invested in this dude's satan shoes or "supported" him because they were Satanists. Vast majority of people don't care about this, and you're celebrating like you accomplished something.

The vast majority of people don't care about things like "culturally appropriative hairstyles" or Katy Perry wearing a kimono or whatever either, but that doesn't stop some people from blowing up all over social media over that type of stuff.
So your response is to do the exact same thing?
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #367 on: April 01, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2021, 02:44:33 PM by This space intentionally left blank »

That's not quite what I meant, I rephrased my comment. What I'm saying is that Lil Nas's shoes no longer being produced isn't some "defeat" for the other side like you guys are acting. The other side are the ones saying that it doesn't matter which shoes people are selling and that the satanic panic is absurd. Nothing about that has changed from Nike's lawsuit. If Nike wants to protect their brand and stop Lil Nas from using their logo, that's fine. If he wants to continue to make satanic apparel without the logo, that's fine too.

Did you think that the other side of the debate here was arguing in favor of the "satanic shoes" because we were really invested in them being produced? We weren't. We just thought that the conservative pants-sh**tting over the shoes was stupid (and funny). It still is.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #368 on: April 01, 2021, 03:33:39 PM »

I’ve toyed with the idea but I’m not quite satisfied yet. I still think there’s potential for some gold to mine here.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #369 on: April 01, 2021, 03:56:56 PM »

I’ve toyed with the idea but I’m not quite satisfied yet. I still think there’s potential for some gold to mine here.

Yeah, it's always good to let the fundies embarrass themselves as much as possible.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #370 on: April 02, 2021, 02:30:18 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2021, 02:35:31 AM by emotional hardcore »

I just found this again, and here is my response to Lil Nas X. (And of course it's awesome just for that sample at the beginning, one of the greatest movie exchanges of all time):

Lord of filth I rebuke you
Be prepared in season and out
For the wrath of the Almighty
Death is your destiny
And you're already dead
Pride goes before destruction
A haughty spirit before a fall
Relinquish the grasp on these lost souls
For their eyes will witness the truth
I will not conform to your ways anymore
The wages of sin is death
Satan we rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ
Slither away on your belly
Before heels hit your head
Spineless Coward

So what would be so awesome is when the band plays Furnace Fest this fall they change the "Satan we rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ" line to "Lil Nas X we rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ"! (Even the non-Christians in attendance will probably approve, since I expect that attendance will be >80% people born in the 80s so they all would hate his music anyway.)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #371 on: April 02, 2021, 02:37:50 AM »

I just found this again, and here is my response to Lil Nas X. (And of course it's awesome just for that sample at the beginning, one of the greatest movie exchanges of all time):

Death is your destiny
And you're already dead
Spineless Coward

So what would be so awesome is when the band plays Furnace Fest this fall they change the "Satan we rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ" line to "Lil Nas X we rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ"! (Even the non-Christians in attendance will probably approve, since I expect that attendance will be >80% people born in the 80s so they all would hate his music anyway.)

yeah that would be awesome! the kids at youth group would be psyched
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #372 on: April 02, 2021, 02:51:35 AM »

Death is your destiny
And you're already dead
Spineless Coward

Necessary context: Furnace Fest's roster is like 2/3 bands from 20 years ago reuniting (including these guys.) The crowd thus will obviously be overwhelmingly elder Millennials/youngest Gen Xers, not kids in youth groups, although no doubt many in attendance will be parents of kids in youth groups.

But I can safely say that regardless of age there will be zero Lil Nas X fans in attendance because the Venn diagram of "Fans of 90s/early 00s hardcore and emo" and "fans of modern day rap and pop music" are two completely separate circles.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #373 on: April 02, 2021, 03:15:34 AM »

Death is your destiny
And you're already dead
Spineless Coward

Necessary context: Furnace Fest's roster is like 2/3 bands from 20 years ago reuniting (including these guys.) The crowd thus will obviously be overwhelmingly elder Millennials/youngest Gen Xers, not kids in youth groups, although no doubt many in attendance will be parents of kids in youth groups.

But I can safely say that regardless of age there will be zero Lil Nas X fans in attendance because the Venn diagram of "Fans of 90s/early 00s hardcore and emo" and "fans of modern day rap and pop music" are two completely separate circles.

I love and respect you as a person, and I respect your interests, but I would rather you go back to defending Kristi Noem than explain to me the intricacies of Christian hardcore. That is the thing I care least about in the entire world.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #374 on: April 02, 2021, 07:40:32 AM »

Death is your destiny
And you're already dead
Spineless Coward

I think Lil Nas X is used to being rebuked by groups of Christians.  This sh1t wouldn't phase any gay dude from the South much.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies