PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:54:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45
Author Topic: PA GOV 2022: Stick a fork in it  (Read 70143 times)
jd7171
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: August 22, 2022, 12:38:18 PM »

Has anyone read about]Mastriano’s  plan for education….it’s horrible and Shapiro should be hammering about it on the airwaves.  https://pennlive.com/opinion/2022/07/doug-mastriano-wants-to-cut-school-funding-by-billions-opinion.html Here’s an article, it’s an opinion piece about it being bad but lists some details.
That would be extremely effective. It worked against Tom Corbett that's for sure

It would be. Corbett’s cuts weren’t this severe and people still got laid off. I think this would help in rural areas, maybe shave a few points off, which would help pad his lead
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #676 on: August 22, 2022, 04:09:02 PM »

If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #677 on: August 22, 2022, 04:26:20 PM »

Shapiro demonstrated his strength w/those ancestral Dems who crossed over for the Don in both 2016 and 2020.

I'm still not entirely over the fact that he managed to squeak out a plurality win in Luzerne County in the Year Of Our Lady 2020 as the county barely budged from 2016 in Trump vote share and in between two complete shellackings of the Democrats in county council elections. Like Jimmy Carter, he must have some serious sexual tension going on with the Polish people. If he does an endorsement deal with Mrs. T's for a personalized flavor and bombards anthracite country corner stores with them he might stand a chance of keeping the firewall of GOP raw votes out of Liquor Control Board King Tim Holden Land down enough for a decent margin.

Oh, and he should stop by SNPJ for some drinks and a photo op.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #678 on: August 22, 2022, 05:47:24 PM »

Has anyone read about]Mastriano’s  plan for education….it’s horrible and Shapiro should be hammering about it on the airwaves.  https://pennlive.com/opinion/2022/07/doug-mastriano-wants-to-cut-school-funding-by-billions-opinion.html Here’s an article, it’s an opinion piece about it being bad but lists some details.

That would be extremely effective. It worked against Tom Corbett that's for sure

Not sure this works post-COVID. The public education cat is not going back in the bag now that parents have witnessed how poor public school is. Charter schooling (effectively privatization, as the unions rightly argue) polls over 60%.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #679 on: August 22, 2022, 05:58:21 PM »

Has anyone read about]Mastriano’s  plan for education….it’s horrible and Shapiro should be hammering about it on the airwaves.  https://pennlive.com/opinion/2022/07/doug-mastriano-wants-to-cut-school-funding-by-billions-opinion.html Here’s an article, it’s an opinion piece about it being bad but lists some details.

Not sure this works post-COVID. The public education cat is not going back in the bag now that parents have witnessed how poor public school is. Charter schooling (effectively privatization, as the unions rightly argue) polls over 60%.

Mastriano's plan would literally cut $12B from the public school budget. It's insane.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/harrisburg/teachers-decry-extreme-12-billion-cuts-mastriano-education-plan
jd7171
Rookie
United States

« Reply #680 on: August 22, 2022, 06:17:31 PM »

I understand what you're saying but this would only work in theory in urban areas. Rural counties don't have that many school districts, this would cripple them. Where i live our area is struggling for teachers and now you risk cutting more jobs.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #681 on: August 22, 2022, 06:30:40 PM »

I understand what you're saying but this would only work in theory in urban areas. Rural counties don't have that many school districts, this would cripple them. Where i live our area is struggling for teachers and now you risk cutting more jobs.

I'm not making the argument that this is good policy. This is a reason that charters are less popular with whites (who skew rural, particularly in Pennsylvania), but that doesn't stop them from being very popular generally. My only point is that 2014 lines of attack will not work in 2022.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #682 on: August 22, 2022, 06:34:44 PM »

I'm not making the argument that this is good policy. This is a reason that charters are less popular with whites (who skew rural, particularly in Pennsylvania), but that doesn't stop them from being very popular generally. My only point is that 2014 lines of attack will not work in 2022.

Why not do what NYC does where students can choose where they go to high school anywhere in the city? In my school, you have kids from all 5 boroughs of all races and economic statuses sharing a common experience. Again, that practically won't work in rural areas but making charter schools mainstream just seems to be opening a huge can of worms.
jd7171
Rookie
United States

« Reply #683 on: August 22, 2022, 06:41:52 PM »

Gotcha, well I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #684 on: August 22, 2022, 07:02:06 PM »

Once again, Mastriano's plan would quickly obliterate public education, and considering more PA students are in public education than private/charter schools, that's a massive line of attack against him.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #685 on: August 22, 2022, 07:45:36 PM »

What are the actual numbers? Thousands isn't very many. 10k+ is.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #686 on: August 22, 2022, 07:49:54 PM »

Shapiro demonstrated his strength w/those ancestral Dems who crossed over for the Don in both 2016 and 2020.

I'm still not entirely over the fact that he managed to squeak out a plurality win in Luzerne County in the Year Of Our Lady 2020 as the county barely budged from 2016 in Trump vote share and in between two complete shellackings of the Democrats in county council elections. Like Jimmy Carter, he must have some serious sexual tension going on with the Polish people. If he does an endorsement deal with Mrs. T's for a personalized flavor and bombards anthracite country corner stores with them he might stand a chance of keeping the firewall of GOP raw votes out of Liquor Control Board King Tim Holden Land down enough for a decent margin.

Indeed! Casey country can have quite the wacky split-ticket dynamics due to Big T's gravitational pull on their underground indie wrestling scene and Rowhouse supremacist enjoyer-seasoned bronz stew. I'm afraid such pure 88% copper would see through Shapiro's surface-level confectionery appeals; rather his retail politics should feature a Polish deli-themed hajj, conquering the Old Forge pizza crawl to lock down NEPA's itaiyin community, bring SNPJ a case of Rolling Rocks to protest the Commonwealth teetotalers. and last but not least spread his industrialist appeal to PA's struggling mid-sized cities via barnstorming the Great Appalachian Valley's numerous minor league baseball parks. Only then will he ace my idealized Campaign Trail mod.
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #687 on: August 22, 2022, 08:07:21 PM »

Indeed! Casey country can have quite the wacky split-ticket dynamics due to Big T's gravitational pull on their underground indie wrestling scene and Rowhouse supremacist enjoyer-seasoned bronz stew. I'm afraid such pure 88% copper would see through Shapiro's surface-level confectionery appeals; rather his retail politics should feature a Polish deli-themed hajj, conquering the Old Forge pizza crawl to lock down NEPA's itaiyin community, bring SNPJ a case of Rolling Rocks to protest the Commonwealth teetotalers. and last but not least spread his industrialist appeal to PA's struggling mid-sized cities via barnstorming the Great Appalachian Valley's numerous minor league baseball parks. Only then will he ace my idealized Campaign Trail mod.

shapiro riding horses with the lititz moravian hunks
shapiro shaking hands with 9/11 first responders (of somerset county)
shapiro locking down chesco #realigners with a visit to the herr's factory like my third grade school field trip
shapiro riding in the hershey kissmobile but not in a michael dukakis-y way
shapiro beating the wawa/sheetz civil war at its own game and courting baltimore supercommuters for the almighty trendz by holding a rally at a rutter's in shrewsbury
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #688 on: August 22, 2022, 09:34:40 PM »

shapiro locking down chesco #realigners with a visit to the herr's factory like my third grade school field trip
shapiro beating the wawa/sheetz civil war at its own game and courting baltimore supercommuters for the almighty trendz by holding a rally at a rutter's in shrewsbury
Shapiro touring the pouch and palace to engage Temple house show hoppers
Shapiro biking the entire Delaware water gap to raise awareness for national park designation
Shapiro inviting BalCo Public Schools Wine Moms to the Renaissance Faire joust
Shapiro reviving Appalachian hospitality in Labtrobe’s own Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood
Shapiro pillaging the Nottingham Keystone Fireworks
Shapiro fostering an environmentally conscious coal country at Reptileland

My sister in Royal Farms by the time he’s done this man will be a mason w/how well he knows the Keystone.

discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #689 on: August 22, 2022, 10:24:50 PM »

Shapiro touring the pouch and palace to engage Temple house show hoppers
Shapiro biking the entire Delaware water gap to raise awareness for national park designation
Shapiro inviting BalCo Public Schools Wine Moms to the Renaissance Faire joust
Shapiro reviving Appalachian hospitality in Labtrobe’s own Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood
Shapiro pillaging the Nottingham Keystone Fireworks
Shapiro fostering an environmentally conscious coal country at Reptileland

My sister in Royal Farms by the time he’s done this man will be a mason w/how well he knows the Keystone.

With both Wolf and Fetterman being York County natives, it's only logical that Shapiro would recognize how #crucial it is to cut down their massive GOP raw votes in the era of liquid modernity. He'll visit every sketchy "pub" with signs in Thee Olde German Font on every stroad in New Freedom and the Lutheran dream will live again!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #690 on: August 25, 2022, 12:50:40 PM »

Mastriano clearly does not know how to use social media (or technology) very well, he’s not even in frame for this one and you only see half of him for the entire video.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #691 on: August 25, 2022, 01:34:20 PM »

Yeah, you can definitely tell that the campaign apparatus for Mastriano is severely lacking in numerous departments. Not surprising though. Their campaign imagery also looks like something from the 90s, but that's also a very GOP thing
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #692 on: August 25, 2022, 01:37:53 PM »

Yeah, you can definitely tell that the campaign apparatus for Mastriano is severely lacking in numerous departments. Not surprising though. Their campaign imagery also looks like something from the 90s, but that's also a very GOP thing
What would it take for Mastriano to win in spite of said deficiencies?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #693 on: August 25, 2022, 01:48:08 PM »

What would it take for Mastriano to win in spite of said deficiencies?

Probably a severe lack of Democratic turnout, especially in Philly and the suburbs, while Republicans turn out in full force. He would also have to make some inroads in the suburbs by focussing on actual bread and butter issues such as jobs and crime.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #694 on: August 26, 2022, 10:34:01 AM »

It is cruel to make a guy who is drowning think he has been thrown a lifeline, and then it ends up being owned yet again, by a high school punk no less. Which forumite was it?

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #695 on: August 26, 2022, 01:22:45 PM »

It is cruel to make a guy who is drowning think he has been thrown a lifeline, and then it ends up being owned yet again, by a high school punk no less. Which forumite was it?

The polls were also directly quoted by Breitbart News.  Lol, what clowns.
gf20202
« Reply #696 on: August 26, 2022, 04:45:34 PM »

It's just pure farce at this point. The fate of our democracy might be on the line but Democrats have the Washington (Confederate) Generals next on the schedule.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #697 on: August 26, 2022, 05:15:24 PM »

It's just pure farce at this point. The fate of our democracy might be on the line but Democrats have the Washington (Confederate) Generals next on the schedule.

Note that no one else in that photo decided to wear the uniform of one of America's wartime enemies.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #698 on: August 26, 2022, 05:16:23 PM »

I want to see a Shapiro ad filmed at the Gettysburg battlefield within days.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #699 on: August 29, 2022, 10:05:39 AM »

Inexcusable.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies