DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:40:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 268783 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 06, 2021, 04:26:13 PM »

I am literally crying because of this, how far it's come. I came from a country with no democratic standards. Others have fought and died for democracy and the rule of law and these terrorists are attempting are tearing it to shreds.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 04:29:20 PM »

Even W would not have gotten away with 10% of this stuff. Not even close.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 04:35:11 PM »

I am literally crying because of this, how far it's come. I came from a country with no democratic standards. Others have fought and died for democracy and the rule of law and these terrorists are attempting are tearing it to shreds.

I would hug you if I could. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this trauma again

Thanks. I have not fled opression personally, but it's still so sad. That said, I know this is not representative for America at all and won't give up on believing in the constitution.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 04:40:11 PM »

Thanks PQG and OSR. We Dems extend our hands to sane GOPers like you.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 04:49:49 PM »

Why isn't the police doing more? They should remove the rioters, by force if necessary. This is lawlessness in the extreme.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 04:55:44 PM »

They've made fools of themselves. This is the formal end of the MAGA movement.

Hopefully this is the pathetic end of something, and not the beginning.

I'm really worried for the Inauguration. They need to check security guidelines.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 05:01:21 PM »

MAGA is over.

The normies will go to Hawley, the old true believers will die soon and the 10-15% remaining absolute nutsos can form their little People's Republic of Northern Idaho.

I hope you're right. Perhaps we needed this to come back to sanity. MAGA is a cancer.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 09:52:28 AM »

There also needs to be a thorough investigation how this could happen that these terrorists were able to get into the building, including offices and the chamber. I don't doubt for a minute a vast, vast majority of Capitol Police are decent people who put their lives in the line, but there was either incompetence from higher levels, chaos or whatever. But I can't hide a feeling this would have ended differently if BLM activists had done something remotely terrible. Not to mention the outrage by Mr. Trump and his enablers.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 11:08:08 AM »

The attack was openly planned on the internet for weeks, yet the police seemed as surprised as I that it happened. Heads will probably need to roll, and the protocols changed so that in connection with any large demonstration near the White House or Capitol, if it suddenly turns into an attack, it will have no chance of getting to first base, much less succeeding. And now we find that explosives were placed here and there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/01/07/capitol-attack-was-planned-openly-online-for-weeks-police-still-werent-ready/?sh=5ee2ab7d76e2

I'm not a lawyer, but this smells like treason. Biden's Justice Dept should bring such charges forward.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 10:24:17 AM »

Ugh. Thomas was always the worst SCOTUS member. I hope Biden gets the chance to replace him. Would be great irony, too, given the history with Anita Hill.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 10:57:52 AM »

Good. Traitors aren't welcome anyway.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 11:07:53 AM »

CNN on air is reporting Mr. Trump considers pardoning himself, Don Jr. and Rudy for their role in the terrorist attack.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 10:20:01 AM »

Many left-wing twitter users are saying it's the real face of America.
They consider it as the worst country ever in the history of mankind.
Their solution is f America to be dismantled, forgotten, erased forever.

Some leftifts’ hatred for the country is distressing

Neither is 100% correct. The face of America hardly exists; it's an incredibly diverse country with people from all walks of life, with vastly different backgrounds, ancestry, race, education, political and religious convictions. A segment of the American population embraces racism and authoritarianism, and we as a society have to find a way to deal with it. Certainly with zero tolerance for this kind of lawlessness. But saying the whole country is deranged and racist is neither true, nor solves it any our problems.

What I'm hoping for is that we can agree on a certain set of values like democracy and the rule of law, and that includes conservatives, moderates, liberals and progressives. That also means there is an open discussion on our shortcomings as a society without being immediately labeled as a hater or anti-patriot. The only anti-partiots are those who seek undermine the constitutional republic itsself (which doesn't mean not to realize its imperfection).
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 11:51:58 AM »

Trump should be punished for pardoning this crook named Roger Stone. Maybe they can get Stone this time?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 10:23:43 AM »

I've been looking forward to March 4th for months. The QTards on the message boards I lurk on are becoming restless. They want to take matters into their own hands.

I've heard some rumors that some of them are now saying March 20th is the "real" date.  No idea how they came up with that.

I dunno April 20 seems to be a date that would gel better with them

Why not April 1st? It's only fitting.

LOL.
All joking aside though .... these idiots are going to keep moving "the date" forward.
Do they even realize they look like a bunch of Clown Shoes?

None of these QAnon hacks know that April 20 is Hitler's birthday, lol.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies